latest WOT causes video driver crash after launch

driver crash Nvidia

8 replies to this topic

xripperx #1 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 01:08

Captain

• Players
  • 30597 battles

Specs Intel 8700K, Gigabyte 2080TI Gaming OC 16 GB ram, tons of space on the SSD.

Yes have latest drivers installed, previous to this crap Game Center stuff never had issues. 

Yes tried the repair option, still crapped out.

Yes have reinstalled fresh no mods.  Still crashes.

Might try again if there is a version of installer without this game center BS. Was waiting with playing WOT randoms till WG implemented some better MM, now they finally do and the game will not work  GG lol. All my other games work no problem go figure.

Either way if WOT needs this game center to run, forget it. had enough.

Insanefriend #2 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 01:34

Captain

• Players
  • 42737 battles

Are you getting any error message, or is it just exiting to desktop?

Have you tried deleting the settings cache folder or running in safe mode?

Do you have any software installed that does RGB lighting control like Corsair i-cue software?

Edited by Insanefriend, Apr 05 2019 - 01:49.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 02:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 13023 battles

View Postxripperx, on Apr 04 2019 - 21:08, said:

Specs Intel 8700K, Gigabyte 2080TI Gaming OC 16 GB ram, tons of space on the SSD.

Yes have latest drivers installed, previous to this crap Game Center stuff never had issues. 

Yes tried the repair option, still crapped out.

Yes have reinstalled fresh no mods.  Still crashes.

Might try again if there is a version of installer without this game center BS. Was waiting with playing WOT randoms till WG implemented some better MM, now they finally do and the game will not work  GG lol. All my other games work no problem go figure.

Either way if WOT needs this game center to run, forget it. had enough.

Sure, blame the software that is stable... Dont bother troubleshooting the core issue...

Anyways, try to DDU your drivers. If your getting an error related to drivers failed, that tends to fix it.

xripperx #4 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 03:37

Captain

• Players
  • 30597 battles

Thanks for the suggestions.

Previous update ran fine on same drivers, as did the WOT classic *the lag at times though sheesh, and the authorization access issues were a pain. The drivers were already updated and are working well with all other games and the applications I use  No need to roll back.  Did check for corruption of disk but all fine.  Also checked to see if any recent windows updates had been installed or changed anything but have had none since the last time I ran WOT fine.  The only factor apparent are the updates to both WGC and WOT.

System runs fine and stable, no RGB control software running and I keep the system lean as far as background processes, hence my lack of enthusiasm for WGC.  Did a full uninstall, and wiped any remaining files, and performed clean reinstall to a different drive with same result message Video Driver Crash shortly after game launch and I had to force close WOT (not responding).  Not that bummed about it really.  Was curious about the new mm but otherwise my interest in WOT has ebbed pretty low, will wait and see if I remember in a week or two when a new patch comes out see if the problem gets fixed. Have other games I can and will enjoy in the meantime. 

Not pleased with Wargaming wanting to push this game center stuff though, it is unnecessary and poses yet another risk for malware and exploits, just do not trust it and really just makes me think I should leave all Wargamings stuff uninstalled.  I can and do play other tank games so I can get tanking fix elsewhere and warships is not my cup of tea.

I suggest anyone using WGC to set it not to start with system and to close when exiting window as it is potential security and spyware risk and does not need to run all the time unless downloading game updates.  Also make sure to turn off the upload feature especially if on limited bandwidth. 

WileyCat #5 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 03:42

Major

• Players
  • 30558 battles
  • [K_UN7] K_UN7
donate your pc to someone who will appreciate it more.

The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 04:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 13023 battles

View Postxripperx, on Apr 04 2019 - 23:37, said:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Previous update ran fine on same drivers, as did the WOT classic *the lag at times though sheesh, and the authorization access issues were a pain. The drivers were already updated and are working well with all other games and the applications I use  No need to roll back.  Did check for corruption of disk but all fine.  Also checked to see if any recent windows updates had been installed or changed anything but have had none since the last time I ran WOT fine.  The only factor apparent are the updates to both WGC and WOT.

System runs fine and stable, no RGB control software running and I keep the system lean as far as background processes, hence my lack of enthusiasm for WGC.  Did a full uninstall, and wiped any remaining files, and performed clean reinstall to a different drive with same result message Video Driver Crash shortly after game launch and I had to force close WOT (not responding).  Not that bummed about it really.  Was curious about the new mm but otherwise my interest in WOT has ebbed pretty low, will wait and see if I remember in a week or two when a new patch comes out see if the problem gets fixed. Have other games I can and will enjoy in the meantime. 

Not pleased with Wargaming wanting to push this game center stuff though, it is unnecessary and poses yet another risk for malware and exploits, just do not trust it and really just makes me think I should leave all Wargamings stuff uninstalled.  I can and do play other tank games so I can get tanking fix elsewhere and warships is not my cup of tea.

I suggest anyone using WGC to set it not to start with system and to close when exiting window as it is potential security and spyware risk and does not need to run all the time unless downloading game updates.  Also make sure to turn off the upload feature especially if on limited bandwidth. 

As far as my tests have gone, WGC is not a risk. This can change, but i really doubt it (WG can get into real trouble if they do...)

I would still recommend the DDU, as that was the only solution for the video driver crash when I got it....

Insanefriend #7 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 04:04

Captain

• Players
  • 42737 battles

View Postxripperx, on Apr 04 2019 - 20:37, said:

Did you delete the cache the files in? %appdata%\wargaming.net\worldoftanks

bad_73 #8 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 06:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 579 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 05 2019 - 04:04, said:

Did you delete the cache the files in? %appdata%\wargaming.net\worldoftanks

Before doing a new install,also using ccleaner.

xripperx #9 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 20:23

Captain

• Players
  • 30597 battles

Reinstalled using a copy of a non WGC installer(useful link in EU forums).  It worked fine.  No other changes to drivers etc required. So either the WOT reinstallation via WGC install got corrupted twice randomly or there are some issues with WOT installation through WGC on some systems.  

Thanks to all of those who made suggestions.  Hopefully the new MM makes randoms at least more balanced otherwise this was a waste of time lol.

Definitely hope WGC does not become the standard installer and game launcher. Prefer my games to be just that a game and not a storefront, if I want to buy something I can navigate a website just fine.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users