KRZYBoop's Used Tank Emporium: My love the 105 leFH18B2 is on sale!

KRZY Tank Sale Sale Premium Arty

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

W_gee_Hates_facts #61 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 23:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostRedShocktrooper, on Apr 12 2019 - 07:57, said:

I see a lot of people here who don't actually seem to understand why the LeFH is actually such a target of ire and are explaining it as simply 'salt'. Nah, let me explain it: If you played World of Tanks Classic over the course of its run you might have played the Wespe. Basically, armed with the 105mm derp gun that the Panzer IV can still get.

Only it's indirect fire. Every other stat is exactly the same. It still has an Armor Piercing Shell and a HEAT gold round. The reason people complain about the LeFH is closely related to why they complain about the E-25: It's a tank that direly needs to be brought into line with its equals (the LeFH maintains its 105mm derpgun-esque rate of fire while the Wespe and PanzeerSniffle arty at tier IV have ea nerfed ROF and only fire HE). It also retains the tighter aiming circle 105mm artillery used to have when the LeFH was introduced. Ok, it doesn't stun - but the era of artillery the LeFH is from, artillery didn't 'stun' you, it either flat out killed you with HE shells that worked exactly like a normal tank's or lopped off a chunk of your health. I even remember WG said they wouldn't sell this thing ever again (but hey, here we are) - and this is a North America exclusive deal. Wargaming also doesn't like doing balance changes that can be perceived as nerfing premium vehicles - while they'll eagerly bring  premium vehicles up to par they avoid bringing premium vehicles down to the level of others as much as possible so they don't have to deal with refunds. The only way an old premium (like the IS-6) got balanced was because the average tier 8 heavy tank crept up to meet and surpass it. So unless Wargaming is secretly planning on creeping the other tier 5 artillery to match the LeFH for overall capability (which I hope they aren't) they shouldn't even be selling this thing.

And I say this as someone who believes that premium artillery should indeed be a thing - the lack of decent crew trainers has stuck my artillery at perpetually at one perk (even if no perks really effect artillery very much beyond Brothers in Arms and the radio range perk). But the LeFH is legitimately more powerful than any other tier 5 artillery (and sup-7 artillery in general needs some particular reworking as there are artillery in the range that can still oneshot or penetrate equal tier tanks on a semi-regular basis)

This artillery itself was when I was still fairly new to the game myself, I read the forums seeing people going how much strategy goes on while playing this... so I decided to buy it. One of my first prem tanks after the CH III. I think I have a few hundred times played in it and my god is it easiest thing to play in the game... you sit in one spot and you are a utter nuisance/danger to anyone in the match to all but the heaviest armored tier 7s.

namrats #62 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 141504 battles
didnt they give these things away if you bought an Italeri model? am i wrong?

OlTanker #63 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 15:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20961 battles

I love the arty whines. WAAAAAAAAHHHHH it's an arty you can buy WAAAAAHHHH. Pretty freaking silly. I bought into the hype from the whiners. I thought that maybe it was something to try and get. Welp last Christmas it was a loot box item. I managed to get one. (Quicky baby got about 5 or 6 in his loot boxes that wot GAVE him for free)  IMO it is not OP. It is depressingly slow to move and traverse. It has a very narrow firing angle before needing to move or turn the vehicle. It has a disgustingly high load time at tier. It has a disgustingly slow aim time, even with the equipment and crew bonus perks ( gun stab and BIA). In a fluid battle it is very hard to hit anything and you HAVE to hit it, no stun, no splash damage. Heat is useless as it bounces more often than not. The AP is interesting and is a nice option when they come to hunt you down but you have to hope the tanks going after you give you LOTS of time to change ammo and aim it. Hardly likely to happen. The posted alpha damage is a nice number. Do not expect to see it very often, if at all, due to arty HE nerfing. You will often see a direct hit doing zero damage or something like 50 HP.  If you have a decent team on your side and a team of utter muppets on the other, yes you can do some damage. Pretty much the same situation for ANY low tier arty. If the other side doe not sit still for protracted lengths of time you are not likely to do anything but shoot blanks, especially with the arty accuracy stats that wot has now. Yeah "they" haven't said anything about nerfing accuracy for certain, but in playing several tiers of arty with good crews the last couple months, but the change has been noticeable and it isn't for the better, except fort the haters. As a crew trainer is concerned, that's a wash IMO simply because the French line isn't all that fantastic in the most part and you will have to spend gold to retrain to another category of tank. Besides even as a "premium" tank it's rather slow to build a crew when you don't get much damage or kills given the limitations this arcarde game places on selected vehicles.

In short if you are flush with money and don't have any way to bank it, store it or other wise dispose of it then fine, waste it on this cartoon tank. If it were priced at $10 or $15 it might be a decent "value" but sure as hell isn't at $50+. It ain't as good as the whiners complain and will be another helpless target (like the rest of arty vehicles) when the team folds up and the other side comes to hunt the arty. Unless the hunters come one at a time very slowly and have almost no HP, you are not going to stand a chance at defending yourself. The whiners fixed that more than a couple patches ago.

Edited by OlTanker, Apr 13 2019 - 15:19.

W_gee_Hates_facts #64 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 20:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostOlTanker, on Apr 13 2019 - 15:16, said:

I love the arty whines. WAAAAAAAAHHHHH it's an arty you can buy WAAAAAHHHH. Pretty freaking silly. I bought into the hype from the whiners. I thought that maybe it was something to try and get. Welp last Christmas it was a loot box item. I managed to get one. (Quicky baby got about 5 or 6 in his loot boxes that wot GAVE him for free)  IMO it is not OP. It is depressingly slow to move and traverse. It has a very narrow firing angle before needing to move or turn the vehicle. It has a disgustingly high load time at tier. It has a disgustingly slow aim time, even with the equipment and crew bonus perks ( gun stab and BIA). In a fluid battle it is very hard to hit anything and you HAVE to hit it, no stun, no splash damage. Heat is useless as it bounces more often than not. The AP is interesting and is a nice option when they come to hunt you down but you have to hope the tanks going after you give you LOTS of time to change ammo and aim it. Hardly likely to happen. The posted alpha damage is a nice number. Do not expect to see it very often, if at all, due to arty HE nerfing. You will often see a direct hit doing zero damage or something like 50 HP.  If you have a decent team on your side and a team of utter muppets on the other, yes you can do some damage. Pretty much the same situation for ANY low tier arty. If the other side doe not sit still for protracted lengths of time you are not likely to do anything but shoot blanks, especially with the arty accuracy stats that wot has now. Yeah "they" haven't said anything about nerfing accuracy for certain, but in playing several tiers of arty with good crews the last couple months, but the change has been noticeable and it isn't for the better, except fort the haters. As a crew trainer is concerned, that's a wash IMO simply because the French line isn't all that fantastic in the most part and you will have to spend gold to retrain to another category of tank. Besides even as a "premium" tank it's rather slow to build a crew when you don't get much damage or kills given the limitations this arcarde game places on selected vehicles.

In short if you are flush with money and don't have any way to bank it, store it or other wise dispose of it then fine, waste it on this cartoon tank. If it were priced at $10 or $15 it might be a decent "value" but sure as hell isn't at $50+. It ain't as good as the whiners complain and will be another helpless target (like the rest of arty vehicles) when the team folds up and the other side comes to hunt the arty. Unless the hunters come one at a time very slowly and have almost no HP, you are not going to stand a chance at defending yourself. The whiners fixed that more than a couple patches ago.

Tank_You_All #65 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 22:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43555 battles
  • [-23-] -23-
I am almost tempted to buy one. They really are in the wrong tier. They should be a tier 6 to 7. Move them to tier 7 and give them stun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users