Update v.7.0 Main Features

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
422 replies to this topic

Drakenred #21 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 20:05

Captain

• Players
  • 12402 battles

View Postspagnitz123, on Sep 20 2011 - 17:54, said:

I could really care less about all these clan specific features, let's see some new + interesting game modes for everyone.
the 7.0 includes updating the servers and software to actualy handle the new game modes (Garage, Assualt, Atack and defence , mutli objective, multi (region? Map?), Survivior(literal word translation, "not like the TV show" but given that "Survivor" is a diferent show in Belarus than US its kind of hard to understand for sure what they ment)and historical) that will be comeing later.

Bascialy they had to compeltly overhaul the game code and servers to be able to even test the new game modes.

Sabertoothpython #22 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 20:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 3007 battles
  • [THNK2] THNK2
"Junior (tier 8 maximum), Medium (tier 6 maximum) and Champion (tier 4 maximum)."

Shouldnt it be "Junior (tier 4 maximum), Medium (tier 6 maximum) and Champion (tier 8 maximum)."?

Please dont -rep, I just need clarification on the page

ed_anger #23 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 20:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13675 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSaberToothPython, on Sep 20 2011 - 20:15, said:

"Junior (tier 8 maximum), Medium (tier 6 maximum) and Champion (tier 4 maximum)."

Shouldnt it be "Junior (tier 4 maximum), Medium (tier 6 maximum) and Champion (tier 8 maximum)."?

fyi you are now the fourth person to post this...

Drakenred #24 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 20:45

Captain

• Players
  • 12402 battles

View PostSaberToothPython, on Sep 20 2011 - 20:15, said:

Actualy it makes more sence on the Russian forum, its just that the literal translation makes it goofy.

Ozium #25 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 21:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18098 battles
"The complaint system:

During the battle, if you click with the right mouse button on a player's nickname, you will see the special tag "Complain" in the context menu. Any player can complain several times a day on other players. There will be several reasons for complaining denoted in the menu: insult, provocation, unsportsmanlike conduct, team damage, bot conducting. The complaints will be sent to User Support automatically."

what about those of us who CAN'T r-click because there is no harware cursor option ??? (yes i bugged it months ago)

i see and use cursor just fine in garage but soon as map starts it disapears...

reicho #26 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 22:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 13155 battles
  • [MEX] MEX
What about Physics in 7.0 patch?
http://youtu.be/9-2xD2u6nsU

ed_anger #27 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 22:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13675 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postreicho, on Sep 20 2011 - 22:06, said:

What about Physics in 7.0 patch?
timeline says Q1 2012: http://overlord-wot....y-revealed.html

SHARKMEAT #28 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 22:52

Captain

• Players
  • 8376 battles

View Postchris_m_2003, on Sep 20 2011 - 19:55, said:

question. with the new complaint system they are implmenting, what is to stop people from abusing it and complaining against everyone? Will there need to be mandatory screenshots or at least 4 people to confirm. It is a great idea and im glad they are implementing it but i would like to know more about how it will work.
I agree with you. I have the same thoughts on the subject, also On NA servers alot of players dosen't speak english and how will they relay there problem or complaints to others in the battle so the other players can can understand in there countrys language which would be diff than english, the rules state that in NA servers speech will be in english, but how do you enforce this rule ??.....CHEERS

BTW: Nothing personal just a statment of facks in the NA server problem. I been called names in other languages that I didn't understand till I look them up with a screen shot I took of the messages bar.

PS: I'm am no angle myself and I guessing others has done the same, but it is really uncalled for, and if they can work it out for diff countrys in NA servers I all for it to cleran up the junk talk, I have mine set for to edit out bad words for the kids.

ed_anger #29 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 23:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13675 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSHARKMEAT, on Sep 20 2011 - 22:52, said:

I agree with you. I have the same thoughts on the subject, also On NA servers alot of players dosen't speak english and how will they relay there problem or complaints to others in the battle so the other players can can understand in there countrys language which would be diff than english, the rules state that in NA servers speech will be in english, but how do you enforce this rule ??
you might want to read this: http://forum.worldof...f-the-na-server

SHARKMEAT #30 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 23:13

Captain

• Players
  • 8376 battles
I don't like the idear we will have to pay to use diff logo or skins in the game which others are there for free check COD games and other online free games where you can set up your profile dif without paying...I Want to also add a suggestion of stopping the playing of playing a second tank. In WOT due to people rushing to get killed right off the bat so they can go select another tank to play to get more credits faster. This type play leave's the team short of a player. I think it is a selfish move on the players that use this method of game play and in my view was a bad addition added into the game with not to much thought of the miss use of leaving battle and hurting the other players chances of winning the battle. Seems to me the DEV didn't think about players useing the loop hole that to get killed to get out the battle to start a second battle for faster credits which to me is not good game play, and I think adds more load to the servers...CHEERS

Millbarge #31 Posted Sep 20 2011 - 23:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 33606 battles
RemoveD

Drakenred #32 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 00:24

Captain

• Players
  • 12402 battles

View PostOzium, on Sep 20 2011 - 21:36, said:

"The complaint system:

During the battle, if you click with the right mouse button on a player's nickname, you will see the special tag "Complain" in the context menu. Any player can complain several times a day on other players. There will be several reasons for complaining denoted in the menu: insult, provocation, unsportsmanlike conduct, team damage, bot conducting. The complaints will be sent to User Support automatically."

what about those of us who CAN'T r-click because there is no harware cursor option ??? (yes i bugged it months ago)

i see and use cursor just fine in garage but soon as map starts it disapears...

ok log into the game.
Click BATTLE
Once the match starts Hold down on the Ctrl button
see the arrowhead that just poped onto the screen?
use that to select a name on the list, you will find you already have options!

HypnoticSnake #33 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 01:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7246 battles

View Postchris_m_2003, on Sep 20 2011 - 19:55, said:

question. with the new complaint system they are implmenting, what is to stop people from abusing it and complaining against everyone? Will there need to be mandatory screenshots or at least 4 people to confirm. It is a great idea and im glad they are implementing it but i would like to know more about how it will work.

Well I tell you what.If folks start abusing this as they will.Complaining about not leaving the flag as soon as the spawn timer counts down to someone not playing arty
just the way they want,and this leads to account suspension.As much money as some and as I have spent on this game there is going to be problems.
This game is just completely filled with irresponsible children.Bad idea.

Drakenred #34 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 02:30

Captain

• Players
  • 12402 battles
first off theres not that many people actualy able to monitor Greif complaints. what usualy happens with greif calls in most mmos is that a player gets flaged, a "record on flaging" system kicks in that retreives any chatlogs that player generated, and many of thies sytems are actualy able to record his ingame actions in a way that allowes them to be played back, then if they notice that the flagee has more than so many complaints(usualy from diferent people) over a given period that are consistant they will look into it.

Second the Developers and GM usualy are not stupid people. the learning curve on GM calls is fairly quick, it does not take that long for them to seperate out the crybabys who greif anyone and everyone from the individuals who get lots and lots of greifs tossed at them.(heres a hint, it does not take that long for the logs to show things like.

player A, Generates 4-5 Greif complaints a day about random people, people who he calls greif on usualy only get greif calls from this person

or

Clan members of Clan whatever all decide to complain about Clan someoneelse, or a specific person, heck they may actualy go out and creat multiple accounts using diferent yahoo emails. . . except whoops! theres actualy listings of AKA Email addresses that are out there that are cross indexed...and yes Game masters do use thoes indexes to make sure thats whats happening is actualy comeing from diferent players and not player X and his muti account clones.(heres another hint, most Game systems include IP loging on tickets, and offten nowdays even the indivitual software you play with has a distinct serial number assigned to your account(even if you log in with multiple alts,) you dont see the IP/software serial number info on the ticket, but they do. if they notice a clustering of IPs or the same software serial number on multiple greif ticks. . .they know to double check the "AKA lists" to see if its multiple people, or in the case of multiple accounts on one software serial number  they already know that its one complainer and his alt army)

From a player who is getting 4-5 greif calls a day(or even a game session) from clearly diferent people, and the log showes the violation(usualy chat ones are easy to pick up)

(note that pulling crap like my first two example will usualy fall under the TOS warning to not use greif calls to haras other players. this usualy results in the person spaming greif to find themselves hit with suspensions or bans or loss of accounts.)

wardogz12 #35 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 04:22

Captain

• Players
  • 19182 battles
Isn`t time for a Full Tech Trees Revised and Improved  :mellow:

Gonzalez #36 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 17:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7353 battles
The Update for 7.0 is great just wished they could make it a bit early :D

Rake #37 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 36268 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postwardogz12, on Sep 21 2011 - 04:22, said:

Isn`t time for a Full Tech Trees Revised and Improved  :mellow:
Actually, I think it's already long past that time.

2_minutes_hate #38 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 20:53

Captain

• Players
  • 10545 battles
  • [ADP] ADP
OK new to CW, what is Fog of War, What CW tank cool-down?

HypnoticSnake #39 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 00:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7246 battles

View PostDrakenred, on Sep 21 2011 - 02:30, said:

first off theres not that many people actualy able to monitor Greif complaints. what usualy happens with greif calls in most mmos is that a player gets flaged, a "record on flaging" system kicks in that retreives any chatlogs that player generated, and many of thies sytems are actualy able to record his ingame actions in a way that allowes them to be played back, then if they notice that the flagee has more than so many complaints(usualy from diferent people) over a given period that are consistant they will look into it.

Second the Developers and GM usualy are not stupid people. the learning curve on GM calls is fairly quick, it does not take that long for them to seperate out the crybabys who greif anyone and everyone from the individuals who get lots and lots of greifs tossed at them.(heres a hint, it does not take that long for the logs to show things like.

player A, Generates 4-5 Greif complaints a day about random people, people who he calls greif on usualy only get greif calls from this person

or

Clan members of Clan whatever all decide to complain about Clan someoneelse, or a specific person, heck they may actualy go out and creat multiple accounts using diferent yahoo emails. . . except whoops! theres actualy listings of AKA Email addresses that are out there that are cross indexed...and yes Game masters do use thoes indexes to make sure thats whats happening is actualy comeing from diferent players and not player X and his muti account clones.(heres another hint, most Game systems include IP loging on tickets, and offten nowdays even the indivitual software you play with has a distinct serial number assigned to your account(even if you log in with multiple alts,) you dont see the IP/software serial number info on the ticket, but they do. if they notice a clustering of IPs or the same software serial number on multiple greif ticks. . .they know to double check the "AKA lists" to see if its multiple people, or in the case of multiple accounts on one software serial number  they already know that its one complainer and his alt army)

From a player who is getting 4-5 greif calls a day(or even a game session) from clearly diferent people, and the log showes the violation(usualy chat ones are easy to pick up)

(note that pulling crap like my first two example will usualy fall under the TOS warning to not use greif calls to haras other players. this usualy results in the person spaming greif to find themselves hit with suspensions or bans or loss of accounts.)

Thank you for the info.

Go_easy_on_me_pls #40 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 09:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 533 battles
The complaint sistem should have the highest priority. Also, I don't get it: why do you dislike the horns so much? It would be great if you just beep the horn rather than to write "Move!" message to player.