The ReBalancing we were promised?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Finnloch3 #1 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 36310 battles
  • [CORE] CORE

So any word on when the older tech trees are going to get rebalanced? 

Wasn’t it about a year ago they said they would start fixing these?

Devildog8 #2 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Not sure but wasnt long ago they said at least 6 months, stay tuned

Ortinoth_ #3 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:09

Captain

• Players
  • 27228 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA
They said that was the goal at WGfest 2018 which was held Dec 15 2018 for all the working and updates for the game in 2019 - as they stated new MM would be worked upon which was released APR 3, 2019 that removes the bottom tiering as much as 3 5 7 and some other tweeks, then ammo rebalancing is next, then finally tank balancing after that --- so they still have 8 months for all this to be done --- 

GothicNightmare #4 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11291 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
i message WG on a youtube video asking when the german tech tree changes coming they told me this year and to stay tuned

Chtholly_Seniorious #5 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:16

Captain

• Players
  • 37155 battles
  • [WASHD] WASHD

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 10 2019 - 18:09, said:

They said that was the goal at WGfest 2018 which was held Dec 15 2018 for all the working and updates for the game in 2019 - as they stated new MM would be worked upon which was released APR 3, 2019 that removes the bottom tiering as much as 3 5 7 and some other tweeks, then ammo rebalancing is next, then finally tank balancing after that --- so they still have 8 months for all this to be done --- 

I doubt the prem ammo changes will happen just because they will rework so many tanks to make it work at all 

_Red_Saaryn_ #6 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22754 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostFinnloch3, on Apr 10 2019 - 18:05, said:

So any word on when the older tech trees are going to get rebalanced? 

Wasn’t it about a year ago they said they would start fixing these?

The rebalance was done. Emil 1 now has apcr as normal shells and 31 seconds reload with more alpha than before 

DomoSapien #7 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:21

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14825 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Well, according to a recent Dev Q&A Livestream (full transcript available here) we can expect the following tentative timeline:

Block Quote

Gold shell and ammo prices. You promised to change a year ago, yet nothing happened. Within around two months, we’ll test Gold shell rebalances in Sandbox. We’ll start with their technical parameters and then revise its pricing. If core gameplay with revised parameters satisfies players and us (i.e., +/-2 battles are comfortable), we’ll continue with pricing.

Essentially, we're taking about 2 months to keep a close eye on the initial data from the MM changes and make sure everything is all good on that front, then open up Sandbox to test the Ammo Changes.

Something I'm sort of curious about, personally: There has been discussion, both internal and external, concerning WoT Classic and its purpose. I've seen public facing comments indicating that we were also using WoT Classic to test some things out, which leads me to wonder if the limit on number of gold shells in WoT Classic is being reconsidered as a potential option for balancing in future versions of WoT.

I haven't heard any such discussion, contrary to several public facing comments indicating that we don't (or didn't) feel that limiting the number of gold shells a vehicle can bring to battle was the appropriate solution. I'll see what I can find out about that.

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 10 2019 - 18:34.

Guardianleopard #8 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 12860 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

Just nerf everything that is better than the E-100 to around the E-100's level.

Revert to historical armor so you can't run away with your fake armor shenanigans. With weakspots being created where necessary.

Eliminate the alpha, armor & pen creep.

Remove every single corridor map like a good little boi.

Replace your entire balance team and quality control team with the most elitist minds from Wotlabs forum that you possibly can find.

Fire your balance team and Quality Control team. Ship them to somewhere like... [Too political]

Don't nerf gold ammo until you solve your initial problems that force people to spam gold

Remove gold ammo

Rework/rebalance the tanks that rely on gold too much and would get destroyed.

Revert LT changes

De-[edited]tify your HD maps with all their rocks that inflict fall damage

Block XVM - no more uni sniping

Hide player tags from enemy option so no yolo

Re-add global chat.

Call back serb so he can bash more bad players and not suck at balance as much as Murazor.

Nerf arty into dust/kill class forever 

If you don't want a purple elitist hire me for $1/hr, though one could point out the result is effectively the same.

> literally reposting various opinions from Wotlabs, plus a few extrapolations

> ppl want no nerfs to their precious tanks

grandthefttankV #9 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 35809 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
Still waiting for the leopard 1 buff

xrays_ #10 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 52216 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 10 2019 - 12:21, said:

I haven't heard any such discussion, contrary to several public facing comments indicating that we don't (or didn't) feel that limiting the number of gold shells a vehicle can bring to battle was the appropriate solution. I'll see what I can find out about that.

Reducing RNG would be a far better option than any thing else already proposed by WarGaming. Think about it; people load Premium ammunition because they are sick and tired of low rolls on penetration mechanics by standard shells. When you aim, and aim, and aim, only to find your shell deviates so much it now hits thicker armour (or dirt), wouldn't you rather have the best chance of penetrating that armour? If your shots had a better chance of hitting where you're aiming, standard shells would have a better chance of penetrating.

One of my favourite tanks is the E50 because it has pretty good aim statistics. I can get away with using standard rounds (223mm penetration) 75% of the time because I have a good chance of actually hitting what I'm aiming at. On top of that, the Premium rounds only get 261mm of penetration, so it's not like it's over-powered anyway. The costs should reflect that as well, especially when you consider the T 55A (same Tier) jumps from 221mm to 330mm with its Premium shells.

Then also realize that the 223mm base penetration on the E50's standard shells has a potential deviation from ~165mm - ~275mm because of RNG alone. That's absurd!

x.

Festung #11 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36732 battles
All this rebalancing and nerfing scares me. I begin to get comfortable with a tank and it is nerfed so that I'm ineffective again. Now the ammo is to be redone, i.e., no more gold ammo. When I fire regular ammo, it bounces, so the only way I get penetrations is when I fire gold ammo. Do away with gold ammo and I'm ineffective again. Some players still call for enabling chat between opponents; I had enough of that crap where a 'dead' player tells the red team where the remaining green team players are. Just watch some battles and see the unsportsmanlike comments and ask yourself if these players are above being traitors. Refine WoT too much and there will only be 'capable' players. 

Stevenwt #12 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

View PostGuardianleopard, on Apr 10 2019 - 11:34, said:

Don't nerf gold ammo until you solve your initial problems that force people to spam gold

Remove gold ammo

The problem is they found out that some people will just buy gold if they have to and mass convert it to silver to play nothing but there teir 10 and load nothing but premium. Switching gold Ammo from gold to silver simply made it more widely  avalible.

the problem is that for years gold Ammo is just flat out better.

which ment that min makers will take look at it and say “ why would I ever load anything but this? More pen, often faster velocity meaning more accurate over range, and/or in some cases capable of far more damage per shot. Seriously for them gold Ammo was a no brainer decision with them wondering why they even put standard rounds into game in the first place. Or putting it another way to them the choice for them was paying for gas or walking.

Edited by Stevenwt, Apr 10 2019 - 19:45.

VetteTanker #13 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 21:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 56100 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-
People, its market based economics...They make a lot of money from APCR/Gold rounds they have to figure out a way to replace those funds..

Omega_Weapon #14 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 53126 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 10 2019 - 12:21, said:

Well, according to a recent Dev Q&A Livestream (full transcript available here) we can expect the following tentative timeline:

Essentially, we're taking about 2 months to keep a close eye on the initial data from the MM changes and make sure everything is all good on that front, then open up Sandbox to test the Ammo Changes.

Something I'm sort of curious about, personally: There has been discussion, both internal and external, concerning WoT Classic and its purpose. I've seen public facing comments indicating that we were also using WoT Classic to test some things out, which leads me to wonder if the limit on number of gold shells in WoT Classic is being reconsidered as a potential option for balancing in future versions of WoT.

Limiting the number of premium shells and asking that tank to fight tanks two tiers higher does not work. Too many tanks need that extra pen to contribute meaningfully when stuck in a +2 match up. It would be an acceptable restriction only if match maker was limited to +1/-1.

stevezaxx #15 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 23:59

Captain

• Players
  • 39574 battles
  • [COD] COD
nobody PROMISED you anything

StrachwitzPzGraf #16 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 00:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42015 battles

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 10 2019 - 12:09, said:

Best answer (+1) -- the recent developers video discussed a number of planned changes -- if you think about it the sequence has to be determined... if you "rebalance" tanks first -- that means you're doing it with the MM and Ammo as is... change MM and Ammo and then the tanks could become "unbalanced" again... so, yes, part of the video talked about the rebalance (for entire tiers of tanks -- no just one nation or particular tanks) -- but that first they would work on changes to Ammo and MM.

madogthefirst #17 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 24617 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostFestung, on Apr 10 2019 - 10:21, said:

All this rebalancing and nerfing scares me. I begin to get comfortable with a tank and it is nerfed so that I'm ineffective again. Now the ammo is to be redone, i.e., no more gold ammo. When I fire regular ammo, it bounces, so the only way I get penetrations is when I fire gold ammo. Do away with gold ammo and I'm ineffective again. Some players still call for enabling chat between opponents; I had enough of that crap where a 'dead' player tells the red team where the remaining green team players are. Just watch some battles and see the unsportsmanlike comments and ask yourself if these players are above being traitors. Refine WoT too much and there will only be 'capable' players. 

You could just get good and stop chasing the latest and greatest in OP tanks that way they won't be nerfed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users