• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Hambijon #1 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3555 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hello Tankers!

The new Ranked Season is almost upon us.  Check out the dev diaries for more information.

GLHF!

Scorpiany #2 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:44

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36131 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

Yes, there's just one tiny little detail missing...

When exactly does it begin? The closest we got to a starting date was that it "starts soon". Knowing WG, this could be tomorrow, or it could be next patch.

That being said, I'm looking forwards to seeing Ranked Battles return, especially with the reworked XP system. I just hope players will be provided with more details as to which roles their vehicles are supposed to fulfill, since many tanks have more than one possible playstyle to them.

Edited by Scorpiany, Apr 10 2019 - 19:47.

Admiral_of_The_Furries #3 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 12847 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
hmm what is this Tier 9 tank they talking about ? is it the same one in Frontlines ?

ElfMagi2 #4 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 19:55

Captain

• Players
  • 57318 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

I hope they plan on letting everyone play this year and not just the late players.

Some of us have jobs and cannot play during the 5 hour window.

Rotate the time or have 2 different windows of playing or just open it up for 12 hours. 

xrays_ #5 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 50696 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

From the video:

"Situations where players who didn't make any tangible contributions to the battle outcome were top of the team by Experience

became quite common due to this old system of XP crediting. It often happened due to crediting XP for active battle actions."

Anyone else think this is circular thinking? Perhaps just a way of saying "Our bad, we'll stop giving IS-7 drivers so much XP for doing nothing".

x.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 69765 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostBigDaddyLaxative, on Apr 10 2019 - 14:43, said:

Hello Tankers!

The new Ranked Season is almost upon us.  Check out the dev diaries for more information.

GLHF!

Nice name change or avatar hijacking?  Either way lol.

With that said what's the backstory.

Testing and interviews for WGNA?

Edited by heavymetal1967, Apr 10 2019 - 20:30.

YANKEE137 #7 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 20:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Maybe this should be the Death match mode, nobody is really in it for the team play.

tod914 #8 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 63035 battles

Rank is one way to describe it.

Spoiler

lenticular #9 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 21:31

Captain

• Players
  • 40686 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM

View PostAdamTheWolf55, on Apr 10 2019 - 10:46, said:

hmm what is this Tier 9 tank they talking about ? is it the same one in Frontlines ?

Does it matter? Tier 9 reward tanks are virtually useless. Can't be used in skirmish, strongholds, or clan wars. Meh.

JakeTheMystic #10 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 23884 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

Why can't they just come out and say what tier 9 we are playing for? I don't want to spend the whole season grinding towards a tier 9 just for it to be a dust collector. I'm already taking a risk with Frontlines as-is. 

Also, I really dislike them disabling team damage in Ranked. If you're dumb unlucky enough to shoot allies, then they should be punished. Its just the same in CWs; If you don't properly aim your shot and you hit an ally, your team is down on HP (even though its minimal) and that could be the difference between victory and defeat. 

Besides, people will still be toxic in other ways. Blocking allies to prevent them from getting damage, ramming them, spamming chat, ect. Let the automated system do its job and just ban the people that consistently tk. People Tk'ing arty in ranked was a problem from the start. Just limit arty in ranked to 2 per side and let it be. If you just disable team-killing, people will still ram and block arty all game if they honestly have nothing else better to do with their life. 

The whole concept with removing team damage from every mode infuriates me. Sure, remove it from pubs, I don't care. Keep it in competitive play because it actually serves a large purpose. People should learn to aim their shots, take away the punishment of shooting an ally and they will never learn. 

d2alw #11 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 00:51

Private

• Players
  • 54519 battles
  • [_ESC_] _ESC_
I watched the video.  Personally I always thought that the possibility of doing team damage by accident made this game a little more grown up than video games where you just click on a mob of friends and enemies and throw firestorms that don't hurt your friends.  About giving spg's an exp penalty if they fire a shell into a amob of friends and enemies together - if you do that, you should not penalize them if no one was within the radius when the shell was fired and allies ran in afterwards; and if the spg DECLARED their target and allies ran in and got stunned, those allies who ran in should get the exp penalty!!!

Insanefriend #12 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 01:45

Captain

• Players
  • 43437 battles
I'd say remove team damage from the low rank tier thing, then add it back in once you get to silver or gold.  Though I can see why they want to turn it off, it only takes one [edited]on your team to tk your arty to turn fair battle into a lopsided one.  I had one guy last ranked season that on the first battle tk'ed our arty, then on the next spent the whole match just trolling the same arty by pushing him around.  I think he was pissed that the arty killed him in a earlier match.

dexatrin82 #13 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 11:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22254 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA
Soontm

bob_ninja #14 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 13:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72095 battles
  • [_CF_] _CF_

Probably safe to assume following the coming FL #3

Hellsfog #15 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 37208 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 10 2019 - 15:56, said:

Why can't they just come out and say what tier 9 we are playing for? I don't want to spend the whole season grinding towards a tier 9 just for it to be a dust collector. I'm already taking a risk with Frontlines as-is. 

Also, I really dislike them disabling team damage in Ranked. If you're dumb unlucky enough to shoot allies, then they should be punished. Its just the same in CWs; If you don't properly aim your shot and you hit an ally, your team is down on HP (even though its minimal) and that could be the difference between victory and defeat. 

Besides, people will still be toxic in other ways. Blocking allies to prevent them from getting damage, ramming them, spamming chat, ect. Let the automated system do its job and just ban the people that consistently tk. People Tk'ing arty in ranked was a problem from the start. Just limit arty in ranked to 2 per side and let it be. If you just disable team-killing, people will still ram and block arty all game if they honestly have nothing else better to do with their life. 

The whole concept with removing team damage from every mode infuriates me. Sure, remove it from pubs, I don't care. Keep it in competitive play because it actually serves a large purpose. People should learn to aim their shots, take away the punishment of shooting an ally and they will never learn. 

You're not wrong but did you hear the part about arty and team damage.  Stunning allies will cost arty xp, possibility all of it, and get arty automated TK penalties..  I think that is a huge step that will hopefully make into the regular game. 

Mikosah #16 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Just to be a contrarian, I actually like the idea of team damage being disabled. It serves no productive purpose at all, just an unnecessary and obnoxious complication. Yes, there are other forms of griefing. They'll need their own solutions, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

As of the new role experience concept, really all WG had to do was stop giving away EXP to tanks that did nothing of value. As for motivating active play, here's a simple solution that would work for all tanks regardless of their role. And that's simply to disproportionately reward players for spotting and assists. Bring back the scout meta, and all else falls nicely into place. And not necessarily just for light tanks, let the others be just as motivated to spot for themselves.

As of the roles that WG has assigned, the trouble is that they're arbitrary, inflexible, and who's to say exactly what the best coefficient will be for each individual tank. But simply make spotting and assists valuable enough and all roles become more playable. The scouts themselves benefit from it being more lucrative for them directly. The snipers and other support roles benefit from more targets being lit. Counter-scouting becomes more important as a result. Even the flankers and brawlers benefit from the intel. 

shadismad #17 Posted May 17 2019 - 14:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13501 battles
  • [2FDUP] 2FDUP
So, the sky is falling? What I take away from the latest news post is the player base is too small to have Ranked Battles. This future doesn't look to bright.

spud_tuber #18 Posted May 17 2019 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 56416 battles

Seriously, WG? NA office decision or handed down from central? And if it is simply a too much going on at once issue, why not simply reschedule one of the things, even if it is ranked battles? Surely, you'll not claim it is a population issue will you? If a lower population server, like SEA, has ranked battles, that would put a crimp in that idea...

Instead of the political speak "we have your best interests in mind", how about coming out and saying in much greater detail what drove this decision?

Edit:  seems SEA also isn't getting ranked battles.   That suggests maybe population does play into it.   Still, I don't remember queues being that long last season, so I'm not sure what the issue is.  Come on WG, explain this decision in more detail, or better yet just reverse it.

Bavor #19 Posted May 17 2019 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 32946 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Cancelling ranked battles for the  NA server is one of the biggest mistakes Wargaming has made in the past few years.  In the other WoT and gaming forums and on Clan discords there were quite a few players who said they would come back ot the game when the new season of ranked battles starts.  Now they have no reason to come back.  Others have said they are going to quit playing the game now that ranked battles are gone.

In the past I didn't have much free time for ranked battles, but I do now and they are cancelled.  This make me think the future of the NA server is even more hopeless.  Will the NA server even last until my WoT premium time expires?

ShadowPatriot #20 Posted Yesterday, 01:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20225 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

View PostBavor, on May 17 2019 - 11:06, said:

Cancelling ranked battles for the  NA server is one of the biggest mistakes Wargaming has made in the past few years.  In the other WoT and gaming forums and on Clan discords there were quite a few players who said they would come back ot the game when the new season of ranked battles starts.  Now they have no reason to come back.  Others have said they are going to quit playing the game now that ranked battles are gone.

In the past I didn't have much free time for ranked battles, but I do now and they are cancelled.  This make me think the future of the NA server is even more hopeless.  Will the NA server even last until my WoT premium time expires?

Blame the top clans for being greedy in clan wars, blame them for chasing players away. Russia server for there clan wars season 11 had over 775 clans, we had 153.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users