Features of Update 1.5: Join the Common Test

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

01LT #41 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 06:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32649 battles
More waste of DEV time and effort. Demand better MAPS not more tanks or changes to match making which there was never a problem with it. ALL problems with this game starts and ends with MAPS, and its been the only problem with it.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #42 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 11:43

Major

• Players
  • 35075 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBigDaddyLaxative, on Apr 12 2019 - 00:52, said:

Attention Tankers!

Common Test 1.5 is here!  We have a lot of stuff happening with this update and have made a video compiling the major updates and changes.

For the full list of changes, check out our portal article: Features of Update 1.5: Join the Common Test

Update 1.5 Key Points:

Want to join the Common Test?  Follow this link: Join Common Test 1.5

GLHF!

So.....taking away stun range and duration.....how are arties going to get BACK the xp and credit loss?  They are already the hardest tanks to grind considering how the XP/credit splits are.

The LAST thing we need with all these 7-9 TD games is less arties.  What are you guys thinking?  We need to be able to call in EFFECTIVE damage to all these camping tanks.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #43 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 11:46

Major

• Players
  • 35075 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 12 2019 - 01:29, said:

View Postjiyang1018, on Apr 11 2019 - 12:18, said:

When you think pay to win gold HE shells are getting nerfed, they changed them to pay to win HESH shells.

When you think all arties are getting nerfed, Object 261 are getting 2 more shells without losing 5% burst radius.

If you're referring to the HESH shells that are replacing the premium HE on the Type 4 and 5 - their penetration and damage is awful - you're the first person I've seen actually take the position that they will be more powerful after the ammo swap. How does a shaving off a huge portion of the potential damage and giving it abysmal penetration for tier X going to do that? 

All arties are theoretically getting nerfed. Even if the 261's splash radius stays exactly the same, it's still going to be affected by both:
  • The changes to how multiple stuns are calculated 
    and
  • the changes to how splash damage is going to decay on the outer edges of the splash radius. Despite the radius keeping its same size, its effective dpm is going to be reduced because it will be dealing less damage to targets that it isn't hitting directly or almost-hitting.

So.....taking away stun range and duration.....how are arties going to get BACK the xp and credit loss?  They are already the hardest tanks to grind considering how the XP/credit splits are.

The LAST thing we need with all these 7-9 TD games is less arties.  What are you guys thinking?  We need to be able to call in EFFECTIVE damage to all these camping tanks.

Vyraall #44 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 15:59

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 35194 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

The tier 10 Swedish medium would be tied for the best tier 10 medium in pubs right now with the 430U if it was released in its current configuration. It would be just as good in Clan Wars as the 907 but would have a slightly different role. I could see this tank being nerfed on the test server but I hope Wargaming doesn't go to far and bury the tank 6tf under before it even has a chance to live like they did with the Kranvagn upon release. If you do want to nerf it my suggestion would be to nerf the rate of fire from 6.38 to 6 and the HEAT pen from 310 to 300. It would still be one of the best tier 10 mediums with these changes.

Kranvagn buffs are great and will make it one of the top 5 heavy tanks in the game for pubs and Clan Wars. I dont see a reason to nerf it, let this dog finally have its day.

Having the option to exclude maps is amazing, should help WG collect info on what maps should be reworked.

WoT premium is a great idea but reserve stock is really just pointless and can make it confusing for new players.

SPGs should really just be removed from the game but we unfortunately need them because of how maps are currently designed. These changes are good but I still think arty will still be too strong. My suggestion at this point would be to nerf the shell travel time so that way it is harder to hit fast moving tanks and the splash radius so that way great players can try and bait out arty shots so that they miss. The other problem with arty right now is that they do too much damage to thinly armored tanks and not enough damage to tanks with lots of armor. This makes it feel punishing to play mediums or other squishy tanks.

Tanks for Bonds is a really interesting addition to the game, will have to see how the bond economy works with the pricing of things in the store.

Type 4 and Type 5 changes are good for the game, but they are problematic. Premium shells as a concept in general should not exist, especially when they are just a strait upgrade without any trade off over the standard shell. Every shell type should be balanced against each other and when you choose to fire one over another, you should be making some kind of a trade off between each shell. I think the HESH shell should have less alpha then the standard HE shell otherwise there is no reason not to run all premium shells with the 15cm.

4005 is a bad change, it does need a nerf but you are not fixing the problem. All you have done is turn it completely into a slot machine. A better change would be to nerf the alpha of the HESH shells from 1750 to 1500. If you think 1500 is too much then just look at the JPE's HE shell, 1400 alpha with 85 pen, that is basically the Type 5s old HE shell.

The biggest concern that comes with this patch is the amount of tanks in the game now with good mobility, good dpm and great turrets. This makes hull down positions really powerful and it is becoming harder to be aggressive. HE is becoming more important in the meta as you dont have any other way of forcing some of these tanks to back off into cover. This effects both pubs and clan wars and I think this is why we are seeing so many artys and TDs in pubs.

Edited by Vyraall, Apr 17 2019 - 08:49.

BashirTheTrainMaster #45 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 21:10

Captain

• Players
  • 30960 battles
Why do we have to make this so difficult? Before, all that had to be done with arty was decrease the outstanding damage that arty did hit or miss. No stun included. And now all that needs to be done is make the 15 cm on the types a AP gun as well. If you must keep a second gun and this particular one isn't working, switch it with another naval gun of similar caliber and keep in mind that not all guns need a premium round.

Inqubi #46 Posted Apr 14 2019 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 21186 battles

Who the hell thought the Emil 1 needed a mobility nerf?????? :ohmy:

that thing is all ready a paper armoured-arty magnet-slug of a tank...

td193616 #47 Posted Apr 14 2019 - 18:35

Private

• Players
  • 40020 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Yep, time for wargaming to kill yet another tank that the only thing broke is one thing and they nerf EVERYTHING else not the one thing that makes it op... Really wg the only thing broke with the fv4005 is the hesh,I'm fine with a damage nerf to said 1450 but the nerfs to the aim time and accuracy are a F***KING joke and the speed nerf are just stupid like really the tank has NO ARMOR, yet it being slower helps it, really?,just nerf the 1750 and buff the damn speed or give it a full turret, these nerfs are about to KILL this tank to before the tank was buffed.

Edited by td193616, Apr 14 2019 - 18:58.

THM_kp149 #48 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 08:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31480 battles

any guesses as to when thsi will come out?

the update

Springer2 #49 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 150 battles
Yikes, if you really want to get rid of arty just do it - but before you do give every tank a -4 degree gun depression nerf to not be able to abuse hull-down/ridges so much where only the highly armored turrets are exposed and heck while you are at it remove a lot of the hull down places in the maps making the gameplay more dynamic to start with.

Springer2 #50 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 150 battles

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 12 2019 - 05:10, said:

The changes to the Type 4 and Type 5 are for one audience alone - Russian heavies.  From now on you're either driving one or losing to one.  The Stalinium armor had a balance feature in the Japanese heavies that will now be gone.  All hail Stalin!!!

Personally (and I just realized I'm logged in under an alt and not my main so I'm losing credibility here...:facepalm: ;) when that whole line came into the game is when I stopped really enjoying playing super heavies.  I used to love getting into great super heavy slug fests at mid to high tiers, sidescraping, angling your turret just right, all while the other person was doing the same.  It was really fun to me.  But then that line of heavy tanks came out where all of a sudden if you saw one of those opposite you none of that mattered anymore.  Their rounds no longer cared about armor to do good damage, meanwhile you still had to really look for weapoints on it to hit it for any damage since you didn't have the mobility to just go around it or reposition as a super heavy yourself and they have a ton of armor vs your AP shells.  So to me that gun should be nerfed even more - keep it being a high alpha long reload like a TD that's fine, but get rid of HE and HESH altogether and make it AP and HEAT/APCR instead!  #Makearmormatter

Digita1Demon #51 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 16:11

Private

• Players
  • 12837 battles

I played the common test to see how bad this hurts arty. The stun seems like its at a good place now, less stun still wouldn't hurt ether sense its hard to use it to get any assisted damage anyways. Now lets talk damage. It is proving to be difficult to get enough damage to really help the team at all. I was getting just over 1000 a game on average other than when I used the tier 10 Brit orbital space cannon or the American mini nuke launcher, but its firing arch makes it hard to hit anything in tricky places. The French are pointless to play now. you have to get a direct hit or you do no damage and when you do hit, you do maybe 250 if your lucky ( I had plenty of 2 digit hits and no damage hits). Shooting at heavily armored targets is next to pointless now as well so picking out the hard to hit weakly armored tanks is the way to go now, and even then, you still only do 400 damage with a direct hit to a light tank with the freak-en American Arty of DOOM. 

I think arty should be returned to the good old RNG Reaper were all tanks are are a good target, not just light tanks. Drop the bad joke stun that only annoys everyone. ( getting stunned is annoying and sucks because you have to hide for a few or miss your shot. Stunning someone sucks because they med-kit or hide and you get no assisted damage.)

KRZYBooP #52 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:14

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3730 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Check out the Common Test Sequel HERE

Masterpupil #53 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 21:23

Major

• 21742 battles

Not sure why I bothered looking at the patch notes, but thank you very much for the laugh WG; I mean buffing the Type 4/5? Someone's on a mission to see how fast they can get the last few thousand people on this server to quit. 

Seriously though, whoever thought these changes were needed, seriously needs to gtfo of game developing. 

Devils_Brigade #54 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 21:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 34299 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Nice that WOT cares about whining players that cant play properly against arty or HIGH damage TD's BUT will gladly add these little high dpm speed demons that run around reeking havoc on all maps. WOT wont care that they lost my money... DB

Masterpupil #55 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 21:38

Major

• 21742 battles

View PostDevils_Brigade, on Apr 18 2019 - 15:35, said:

Nice that WOT cares about whining players that cant play properly against arty or HIGH damage TD's BUT will gladly add these little high dpm speed demons that run around reeking havoc on all maps. WOT wont care that they lost my money... DB

Only good thing about the update is WG are finally realizing how braindead most arty/TDs are to play and the players playing them normally wouldn't get off a shot or more of damage in a light/med/heavy at the same tier. 

Example, arty players:

Example, arty/TD "whiner":

Edited by Masterpupil, Apr 18 2019 - 21:39.

Spartan_Striker #56 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30191 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostMasterpupil, on Apr 18 2019 - 14:23, said:

Now there's a face I never thought I would see again after esports died. You were more or less my inspiration to really try to improve personal play and maybe someday join a top clan.

Not sure why you exactly- maybe it was because you looked about the same age as me. Gave me a goal to work towards.

Nice to see you still around, even if only on forums.

Edited by Spartan_Striker, Apr 19 2019 - 03:12.

Masterpupil #57 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:58

Major

• 21742 battles

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Apr 18 2019 - 21:12, said:

Now there's a face I never thought I would see again after esports died. You were more or less my inspiration to really try to improve personal play and maybe someday join a top clan.

Not sure why you exactly- maybe it was because you looked about the same age as me. Gave me a goal to work towards.

Nice to see you still around, even if only on forums.

Happy to hear all that man. I can't say I don't miss the game as it became a pretty big part of my life; hence why I'm annoyed with how WG have driven the game into the dirt. Possibly soon I'll do some streaming again but I'm not sure how much of that would be WoT given how little the community is on the NA Server now.

Hoping that inspiration shows through your character inside and outside of the internet as the only thing you can ever guarantee in life is that someone out there will be better than you (that goes for anyone) at whatever you're doing, so it's best to constantly make sure you're the best at whatever you do.

Bal99 #58 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:40

Private

• Players
  • 43 battles
Found the password to my main account - deleting this post from an account I made for my daughter

Edited by Bal99, Apr 25 2019 - 16:21.

m_gmoney #59 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 12618 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

So it's clear the goal is make SPG's so ineffective that fewer and fewer people play them and the class dies a slow death.  If WG really wanted them to stay in the game they would reduce effectiveness in one area (stuns) and increase other areas.  Many contributors have commented how with the reduced stun but without a corresponding buff in other areas the tanks play a MUCH MORE diminished role on the test server.  Actions speak louder than words, and the actions of WG are clear to anyone who is paying attention.  I'm not saying i'll stop playing...  I'll keep on playing but I won't be using arty to generate free exp and then use gold to convert it, and that is where WG will lose me.  I just signed up for ESO (Elder Scrolls Online).  that is $150 that I will NOT be spending on WG products.  You just lost $150 from one player.  i'll keep playing but I'll be spending much less real money in the game.  And that is 100% because of what they are doing to SPG's, I just wont be playing them as much, if any once the update drops...  I'll be happy to play tier 3 to 7, where I don't have to spend a ton of money to have fun, use the game as great distraction and enjoy time with friends.  You had a great product that you just made weaker buy this change

I for one would be much happier if you just "ripped the band-aid off" and removed the class from the game all together.  Compensate Arty players with a little free silver and free EXP (which costs WG NOTHING) and be done with it.  just don't deceive people by saying you want to keep SPG's a part of the game.  Don't pour water down my back and tell me it's raining....  just have some honor and be truthful.

Edited by m_gmoney, Apr 22 2019 - 01:06.

SparkyGT #60 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:56

Major

• Players
  • 49313 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
i see the obj 261 finally gets a few more shells, how about the St. Emil German TD Tier 7, it needs a few more also ????????????????

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users