Headpones and mic wont work

Logitech H111 Headpones Mic microphone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Who__invader #1 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 12:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles

I just bought a Logitech h111 headphone set with mic and cant get the voice chat to work in the game. Can someone PEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSE explain how to set it up

Insanefriend #2 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 13:00

Major

• Players
  • 48692 battles
  • [TRY] TRY

First of all, does it have one plug or two at the end of the 3.5mm cord?  I'm looking on Logitech's web site and it doesn't say (Looks like only one plug).  If it has one plug there is a good chance you will need an adapter for your computer if you have a desktop system.  The reason being the dual port 3.5mm plug isn't very common on desktop computer systems.  

On that note are you playing on console?  If so this is the pc game forum.

Edited by Insanefriend, Apr 13 2019 - 13:31.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #3 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

You have to go into sound settings and change your default from desktop speakers to the headset.... same with the mic if you have a desktop mic as well as the mic in the headset

1stcav05B #4 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 14:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 25785 battles
  • [5D] 5D

In addition to what Insane said make sure you went through the game settings to sync the set to the game. You will be able to make a test run for volume etc. in there.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostWho__invader, on Apr 13 2019 - 05:51, said:

I just bought a Logitech h111 headphone set with mic and cant get the voice chat to work in the game. Can someone PEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSE explain how to set it up

I checked your profile. It's 8 months old and shows ZERO battles.  Are you SURE you're in the right forums?  As per the first responder, it appears you may be a console player and have asked in the wrong forums.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Who__invader #6 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 16:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles
Not console player show zero battles because I downloaded world of warplanes and immediately deleted it 4 War Thunder but when I did world of warplanes gave me the name who invader but my original World of Tanks names of Southtown 00 so to log into World of War Tanks I have to use southbound 00 but the log into this form I have to use the who Invader for some reason it's really stupid and annoying. Anyway my plug has three black circles and I use it for PC I try and plug it into the microphone plug I just don't think I know how to make the settings correct. Are you saying I need a splitter so it will  plug into the mic and the headphone jack? This seems retarded insanestanlee stupid and complicated it should be so easy I should be able to plug it in to have it work

Edited by Who__invader, Apr 13 2019 - 16:53.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Apr 13 2019 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 48692 battles
  • [TRY] TRY

View PostWho__invader, on Apr 13 2019 - 09:49, said:

Not console player show zero battles because I downloaded world of warplanes and immediately deleted it 4 War Thunder but when I did world of warplanes gave me the name who invader but my original World of Tanks names of Southtown 00 so to log into World of War Tanks I have to use southbound 00 but the log into this form I have to use the who Invader for some reason it's really stupid and annoying. Anyway my plug has three black circles and I use it for PC I try and plug it into the microphone plug I just don't think I know how to make the settings correct. Are you saying I need a splitter so it will  plug into the mic and the headphone jack? This seems retarded insanestanlee stupid and complicated it should be so easy I should be able to plug it in to have it work

Yeah you will need an adapter for that head set, it's primary design was for phones not a desktop pc.  Desktop pc's have had audio in and out cables for ages rather then the newer dual use ports.  The dual use port, really came around as a way to save space on smaller devices like phones.  Your other option is to return the headset and find another one that has two plugs on it or is usb.  Some computers may have dual use 3.5mm plugs on them but you'd need to check the computers hardware sheet or manual to find out.

Who__invader #8 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles
Thanks for the advice I was able to solve the problem what I ended up having to do was return the headset and buy a desktop microphone plug that in and then use headphones in the headset plug I could have gone for the splitter but that just sounded like too much BS and the Best Buy computer Gamers recommended to doing it that way. But thanks for the help

Also tagged with Logitech, H111, Headpones, Mic, microphone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users