rigged game

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

Urabouttudie #101 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:25, said:

The fact that so many matches aren't remotely competitive, one way or another. Just because something has improved, doesn't mean it's good, in the same way that being taller than Danny DeVito doesn't mean I'm tall.

In b4 "WG has said they're never making a skill based MM. Even in CW teams get face rolled." I don't care. The excuses are stupid. At the end of the day, this is a leisure time activity for all of us, which means it's supposed to be fun. For the majority of players, fun = competitive. Can you imagine if parity was so bad in the NBA that 50% of games ended in a score of 98-17, or worse? The league would fold within years. No one wants to watch that crap. I think the server stats that show weekly players trending consistently downward for years would support that argument.

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

WG trolls do not understand rationality ....apparently Fun=Random to these tools...

Meanwhile...how are those population numbers doing?

da_Rock002 #102 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 14:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 9819 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 18 2019 - 08:22, said:

I love that I've got you to the point of Pavlovian response at the sight of my name

Let's just go ahead and get you on record now Neato...how many words per minute do you type...on average?

What percentage of his posts are crafted to protect unicum-blessing WoT Signature matchups.

yruputin #103 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 14:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31612 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View PostThat1Villain, on Apr 15 2019 - 04:59, said:

I always wanted to ask the tin foil hattists, why do you think this game is rigged against specifically you and/or why do you think this game is rigged in a certain way? Other people dont seem to have a problem with it

lol Wonka . stop you are making me laugh. can't rig a damn thing against illegaL mod users.

_Tsavo_ #104 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 16:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46799 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postyruputin, on Apr 18 2019 - 08:34, said:

lol Wonka . stop you are making me laugh. can't rig a damn thing against illegaL mod users.

lol

GeoMonster #105 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 16:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36465 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 17 2019 - 10:25, said:

The fact that so many matches aren't remotely competitive, one way or another. Just because something has improved, doesn't mean it's good, in the same way that being taller than Danny DeVito doesn't mean I'm tall.

In b4 "WG has said they're never making a skill based MM. Even in CW teams get face rolled." I don't care. The excuses are stupid. At the end of the day, this is a leisure time activity for all of us, which means it's supposed to be fun. For the majority of players, fun = competitive. Can you imagine if parity was so bad in the NBA that 50% of games ended in a score of 98-17, or worse? The league would fold within years. No one wants to watch that crap. I think the server stats that show weekly players trending consistently downward for years would support that argument.

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

I agree that Skill BASED matchmaking is not a good thing.  HOWEVER, I strongly feel that skill BALANCED matchmaking would be an improvement.  Just balance the teams so that the matches are MORE competitive than they are now.

xXTheGameAceXx #106 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11473 battles

View PostChippy67, on Apr 14 2019 - 17:01, said:

all my stats are going up but one

Huh, that's funny, because my Winrate has been more often than not in an upward trend.

NeatoMan #107 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 28212 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 18 2019 - 08:27, said:

What percentage of his posts are crafted to protect unicum-blessing WoT Signature matchups.

So you believe that I get more unicums on my teams than you do.

da_Rock002 #108 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 20:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 9819 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 18 2019 - 13:29, said:

So you believe that I get more unicums on my teams than you do.

I've said it over and over.....

WoT Signature battles ruin the game for newbies and less-skilled.

I've been researching the two teams in my battles since joining.

It's clear that the majority of the battles I've been in that resulted in hugely one-sided scores had hugely one-sided matchups.

The one-sided matchups had a strong team with most of the top players while the other not only had few top players but the majority of less-skilled and newbies.

During the first couple of years the percentage of those lopsided flusterclucks often pushed close to half my battles during the time being studied.

My thoughts then were to lobby for WG to clean up that mess as it made the game less attractive to the very people WG needed to hang around and grow the population.

More recently the percentage of those have slacked somewhat.   Funny how that works.   I'm seeing less just like top players say they don't see them much at all.  OK it's not funny how that works if you're just learning the game. 

I've mentioned more than once the game doesn't need to help unicums and most certainly does not need to treat newbies like seal pups.

As usual, you're putting a stupid spin on something you don't like.   Funny how often that happens.  What I believe isn't the point obviously, because I believe WoT is worth improving and the most needed improvement is to filter out and correct the WoT Signature matchups to make it better @ keeping newbies.    That obviously isn't the point most of you have, which really looks to be focused on protecting something that is easily fixed because it clearly benefits your precious WR.     What is clear is that those lopsided matchups benefit no one other than the top players whose WR gets padded by almost every one they are gifted.   

Kliphie #109 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 33136 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of why WG won't bless me by giving me the good teams
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of
why WG won't bless me by giving me the good teams

dunniteowl #110 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Wow.

Just.

WOW.

If you spent HALF as much time on learning the game and improving your skills at it as you do 'researching' WoTs "Signature Match Ups" I daresay, your improvement would take another notched jump upwards. 

I'm willing to bet if you DID do that, this sort of nonsense you've been spouting would dry up and disappear.

All that your 'research' is really focused on is to 'prove' why and how WG is holding you back.  All that time, effort and study could be better applied to more important things like Game Mechanics, Tactics, Techniques and Tricks to Tanking.  Instead, you literally WASTE all this time and effort on trying to prove something you could easily overcome if you just studied how to play better instead.

Wow.

OvO

Copacetic #111 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 22:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48690 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

There once was a man named da_rock

He like to spew poppycock

When in the end

His time he could better spend

Cause all his reaseach was a crock

Edited by Copacetic, Apr 19 2019 - 00:58.

NeatoMan #112 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 28212 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 18 2019 - 14:25, said:

I've said it over and over.....

So is this you finally admitting that I don't get any better team mates than you do, or anyone else? 

Block Quote

I've been researching the two teams in my battles since joining.

It's clear that the majority of the battles I've been in that resulted in hugely one-sided scores had hugely one-sided matchups.

The one-sided matchups had a strong team with most of the top players while the other not only had few top players but the majority of less-skilled and newbies.

During the first couple of years the percentage of those lopsided flusterclucks often pushed close to half my battles during the time being studied.

My thoughts then were to lobby for WG to clean up that mess as it made the game less attractive to the very people WG needed to hang around and grow the population.

well since you can't be bothered to share that "research" then it might as well not exist.  What happens when I gather results from players (that can actually be verified) and it doesn't agree with a damn thing you've been saying.  How are you going to refute it?  "because I say so"?

Block Quote

More recently the percentage of those have slacked somewhat.   Funny how that works.   I'm seeing less just like top players say they don't see them much at all.  OK it's not funny how that works if you're just learning the game. 

Yeah funny.  It's almost as if the INDIVIDUAL has influence over their win chances and win rates.  The better you become, the more matches you swing in your favor.  It's what we've been saying all along.

or are you going to take the urabouttodie approach and claim WoT suddenly changed everything just because YOU figured it out?

Block Quote

As usual, you're putting a stupid spin on something you don't like.   Funny how often that happens.  What I believe isn't the point obviously, because I believe WoT is worth improving and the most needed improvement is to filter out and correct the WoT Signature matchups to make it better @ keeping newbies.    That obviously isn't the point most of you have, which really looks to be focused on protecting something that is easily fixed because it clearly benefits your precious WR.     What is clear is that those lopsided matchups benefit no one other than the top players whose WR gets padded by almost every one they are gifted.   

No,  I just think if you are going to make improvements you make them off of sound data, not the crap you come up with.  I have a good idea why your "data" is the way it is, but since you never show it nobody will know exactly how you twist it around to suit your needs.

Please explain how it will help keep newbies?  Are newbies that concerned with win rate, as you are?  I doubt it.   They are probably more concerned with doing damage and surviving.  Please tell me how having players evenly balanced increases their ability to do damage and survive?  They're still outclassed by anyone who is more skilled than they are, which means pretty much everyone they run into on the opposing team, balanced or not.

btw, here's a tier vs PR relationship.  This may give a good indication of how newbs and bad players should approach this game if they are concerned about the competition and winning.  Pick a tier that matches your PR if you are looking for more suitable competition.  Maybe your "research" is an indication that too many players are moving up the tiers way too fast.  Perhaps if players didn't try to play beyond their abilities they wouldn't end up in the bad situation you claim they always end up in.

tier    avg PR

2       2400

3       2700

4       3150

5       3650

6       3950

7       4300

8       4850

9       5300

10     5950

Urabouttudie #113 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 18 2019 - 14:00, said:

Maybe your "research" is an indication that too many players are moving up the tiers way too fast.  Perhaps if players didn't try to play beyond their abilities they wouldn't end up in the bad situation you claim they always end up in.

and...again...the gigantic, glaring point you seem to knowingly side-step...one which da_rock has rubbed your nose in over the course of multiple threads...

Wargaming should do something about it instead of updating graphics, adding game modes they dont have a clue how to improve, or  adding new tanks and wheeled whatevers that no one asked for...

but you and your cute little cheerleading squad keep stomping your feet screaming the phrase 'GIT GUD" over and over like it's the only answer...

sure, maybe...no one cares about win rate...we all just want some fun...even if it's less than "random" fun.

Urabouttudie #114 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:54

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 18 2019 - 14:00, said:

or are you going to take the urabouttodie approach and claim WoT suddenly changed everything just because YOU figured it out?

and MAN! do I love living in your head rent-free Neato....ROFL

Urabouttudie #115 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

Sorry, I'd post a bigger response but I am much too busy at the moment compiling statistics on your daily posting word-count...only working on a week of your posts so far and holy hell dude you post a LOT. Your typing skills are incredible...what with all the cut-n-paste quoting also...

What did you say your full-time job was? Statistical Analysis or something?

NeatoMan #116 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 28212 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:52, said:

.Wargaming should do something about it instead of updating graphics, adding game modes they dont have a clue how to improve, or  adding new tanks and wheeled whatevers that no one asked for...

Yes they should, but Skill Balance will not solve any of those problems.  Nothing will change with skill balanced teams except to redistribute wins/losses, and for those prone to staring at the XVM WN8 colors

da_Rock002 #117 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 9819 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 19 2019 - 08:38, said:

Yes they should, but Skill Balance will not solve any of those problems.  Nothing will change with skill balanced teams except to redistribute wins/losses, and for those prone to staring at the XVM WN8 colors

Jeezzz.….

'...all it will do is redistribute wins/losses....'

:ohmy:    ?????  REDISTRIBUTE WINS/LOSSES   ???????  :ohmy:

Is that all...………   :D

That's exactly the plan.

Yeah, reduce the number of WR padding rolfstomps the top players get from the WoT Signature matchups.

We can almost hear the trembling in your voice.

The most important outcome hoped for is to reduce the number of "unearned wins" that happen naturally when the team with the top players rolfstomps a team of newbies/less-skilled.

Jer1413 #118 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:46

Captain

• Players
  • 48502 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:40, said:

Jeezzz.….

That's exactly the plan.

Yeah, reduce the number of WR padding rolfstomps the top players get from the WoT Signature matchups.

The most important outcome hoped for is to reduce the number of "unearned wins" that happen naturally when the team with the top players rolfstomps a team of newbies/less-skilled.

More like "The most important outcome hoped for is to increase the number of "unearned wins" for a team of newbies/less-skilled".

dunniteowl #119 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

ROFL.  The "universe" some of you live in must be just ama-za-zing.  The sheer amount of gravitational WARP that must be invoked to maintain your illusions would cause an arty shell to hit the ground ten feet in front of the firing unit at max distance.

Just wow.

OvO

Kliphie #120 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 33136 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 19 2019 - 09:40, said:

Jeezzz.….

That's exactly the plan.

So you want WG to rig game to help poor players, yet you also want to reduce 'unearned wins.'  Aren't those in conflict?

Also tagged with rigged game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users