• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

Copacetic #141 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44357 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:53, said:

well, he does believe that WG changed the entire matchmaker because of some secret he discovered all by himself...

yeah that's precious

Urabouttudie #142 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 14:30

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 21 2019 - 05:53, said:

well, he does believe that WG changed the entire matchmaker because of some secret he discovered all by himself...

hehe boy that REALLY seems to bother you.

I'd show you the data but what would be the point?

...but keep on dragging your sorry little "insults" around with you from thread to thread...I realize it is the only thing you have to throw at me.

...and keep triggering when you see my name...I LOVE that part!

Blackstone #143 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 14:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 20512 battles
  • [ITKU] ITKU

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 22 2019 - 08:30, said:

To provide evidence to your argument. Neato does, and explains it quite well.

You either have it, or you don't.  

I suspect the latter.

StoneTitan #144 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles
They do "rig" the game, but they do it in our favor.  They try and match up same tanks against same tanks in the battles as much as possible, but sometimes "in the name of not waiting 3 mins to start a battle" it doesn't happen with every tank.  Can you imagine what the battles would be like if it was completely random?:ohmy:  Yikes!:teethhappy:  The only way to find out for sure if anything else is going on behind the scenes is to look at the code and, we all know, that's not going to happen.

NeatoMan #145 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 27744 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 22 2019 - 08:30, said:

not for me,  I've seen it.   I'm sure some other mathematically inclined person could verify what you saw in your data if the effect was real,  but since you've obviously taken to trolling rather than fact finding, I don't expect you'll ever show that data again.

Blackstone #146 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 20512 battles
  • [ITKU] ITKU

View PostStoneTitan, on Apr 22 2019 - 09:03, said:

They do "rig" the game, but they do it in our favor.  They try and match up same tanks against same tanks in the battles as much as possible, but sometimes "in the name of not waiting 3 mins to start a battle" it doesn't happen with every tank.  Can you imagine what the battles would be like if it was completely random?:ohmy:  Yikes!:teethhappy:  The only way to find out for sure if anything else is going on behind the scenes is to look at the code and, we all know, that's not going to happen.

In other words, you have no clue either.

dunniteowl #147 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 29314 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 22 2019 - 07:30, said:

...but keep on dragging your sorry little "insults" around with you from thread to thread...I realize it is the only thing you have to throw at me.

...and keep triggering when you see my name...I LOVE that part!

The POINT would be to allow others to vette your data.  As you refuse, the point everyone else is making is that, without verification of sources and vetting of conclusions based on said data, you have no factual position from which to make your claims.

In short, put up or shut up.

OvO

Mojo_Riesing #148 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 19267 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
Can we rig the game a bit more?  Hmm, i'll put in a call to Wargaming, Dept of Ruin Your Day and have them get right on it!

StoneTitan #149 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles

View PostBlackstone, on Apr 22 2019 - 13:25, said:

In other words, you have no clue either.

Not sure what you're getting at.  What I said is correct?  Also, I understand the statistics and it's random and we have no control over that.  All I was getting at is without seeing the code, no one knows absolutely for sure except the people that have seen the code for the game.  I suspect nothing else fishy is going on, except what I said above and to get the right tanks at the right tier for the MM in particular battles.

Edited by StoneTitan, Apr 23 2019 - 00:00.

dunniteowl #150 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 29314 battles

View PostStoneTitan, on Apr 22 2019 - 15:30, said:

Not sure what you're getting at.  What I said it correct?  Also, I understand the statistics and it's random and we have no control over that.  All I was getting at is without seeing the code, no one knows absolutely for sure except the people that have seen the code for the game.  I suspect nothing else fishy is going on, except what I said above and to get the right tanks at the right tier for the MM in particular battles.

You may have a point there.  That last bit sounds really -- hmm -- dare I say it -- RANDOM?

Working as intended.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by logic and or neglect.  (sorry, that's paraphrased, I know)

OvO

NeatoMan #151 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 27744 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Apr 22 2019 - 17:35, said:

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by logic and or neglect.  (sorry, that's paraphrased, I know)

Yep

The easiest way to make a selection process random is to not have any code at all for whatever aspect you want to be random.  A blind selection process will yield random results.

Urabouttudie #152 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 22 2019 - 06:04, said:

but since you've obviously taken to trolling rather than fact finding, I don't expect you'll ever show that data again.

What would be the point? I got my answer, I'm sorry you're still searching for yours but they've changed the MM...regardless whether I ever had anything to do with it [pure speculation of course]...the fact remains, they've changed it. I can no longer replicate results with the current MM because they changed the very aspect of the MM that governed what I was doing.

View Postdunniteowl, on Apr 22 2019 - 11:49, said:

The POINT would be to allow others to vette your data.  As you refuse, the point everyone else is making is that, without verification of sources and vetting of conclusions based on said data, you have no factual position from which to make your claims.

In short, put up or shut up.

OvO

Piss off...go log thousands of your own battles if you want to find answers. Do your own damned testing and research rather than sit around the forums passive-aggressively demanding someone convince you you're wrong. I'm not here to convince you, Neato or anyone else taking up this argument although you all seem to love demanding proof.

Why do I need you or anyone else to "vette my data"? Do you think I collected it all for your benefit...or mine? Hmmm? ...and really...are you so naive as to accept my data if I did post it? How would you ever know if I fabricated it all or not now?

Nice try...now go do your own damned homework.

UrA

NeatoMan #153 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 27744 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:54, said:

What would be the point? I got my answer, I'm sorry you're still searching for yours but they've changed the MM...regardless whether I ever had anything to do with it [pure speculation of course]...the fact remains, they've changed it. I can no longer replicate results with the current MM because they changed the very aspect of the MM that governed what I was doing.

It's emblematic of your and many others' entire approach toward data, analysis and the ensuing debate.  It is one where you think you don't have to show up with facts, or subject any "facts" you bring up to scrutiny.  You think we are supposed to accept your conclusions because you all feel something is wrong, even if the claims are baseless.

It's no different than claiming a tank is OP and ruining the game, and asking for a nerf, or removal from the game without ever looking at the server wide stats to see how it is actually doing.  "It must be nerfed because people say it is OP" or "It keeps killing me". 

No different than some tomato trying to tell everyone that guarding artillery is how to play LTs.  "Stats don't indicate if it's a good tactic. It must be good because I see so many other players do it".

Edited by NeatoMan, Apr 23 2019 - 14:51.

Exiledcrow #154 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 12:02

Major

• Players
  • 48937 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2019 - 02:54, said:

Piss off...go log thousands of your own battles if you want to find answers. Do your own damned testing and research rather than sit around the forums passive-aggressively demanding someone convince you you're wrong. I'm not here to convince you, Neato or anyone else taking up this argument although you all seem to love demanding proof.

Why do I need you or anyone else to "vette my data"? Do you think I collected it all for your benefit...or mine? Hmmm? ...and really...are you so naive as to accept my data if I did post it? How would you ever know if I fabricated it all or not now?

UrA

That's a lot of spin. You could of just said you don't have anything worth posting.

Blackstone #155 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 13:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 20512 battles
  • [ITKU] ITKU

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:54, said:

UrA

You made the accusation that the MM is rigged. The burden of proof is on you, the accuser. Not us.

NeatoMan has accumulated tons of data over time to prove the opposite, and has presented as such.

I would say that the argument is closed. It's quite clear the evidence of rigging is false, because no evidence has been presented to prove it.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Firemoth #156 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:23

Major

• Players
  • 37979 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:54, said:

UrA

i have 37k battles and that makes me more qualified than neato or yourself at internet arguing. you can trust me because i have years of hard earned experience and thousands of battles of data at internet tanks and i will let you in on a secret that only I know.

there is no MM,

its all a lie that WG has perpetuated so that the common gamer can feel safe that his or her teams are determined by a algorithm. why would WG waste their time programming something that no one will believe when they can just type up some crap on napkin, file it as a patent so that every wannabe internet detective can dig it up and wave it around as proof of the apocalypse. people could spend years proving or disproving it, and WG are laughing all the way to the bank

the illusion of power is the same as actual power, if everyone believes you have power.

Edited by Firemoth, Apr 23 2019 - 14:25.

Kliphie #157 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 32060 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostFiremoth, on Apr 23 2019 - 08:23, said:

the illusion of power is the same as actual power, if everyone believes you have power.

That is a truly stunning robe you have there, Emporer Firemoth.  

Urabouttudie #158 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 22 2019 - 18:32, said:

You think we are supposed to accept your conclusions because you all feel something is wrong, even if the claims are baseless.

Am I trying to convince you of something? What? Explain...

I believe you are the one who keeps getting triggered by the sight of my name and then posts comment to me about how wrong I am....

It's kind of fun to troll you but it does get boring after a couple pages...like the game...you're very repetitive.

Urabouttudie #159 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:49

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostBlackstone, on Apr 23 2019 - 04:28, said:

You made the accusation that the MM is rigged. The burden of proof is on you, the accuser. Not us.

Ok....if you say so...those are the rules you want to play by?

View PostBlackstone, on Apr 23 2019 - 04:28, said:

It's quite clear the evidence of rigging is false, because no evidence has been presented to prove it.

So now who is making the accusations...clear evidence?

So...you will be posting this "clear evidence" shortly I gather? I mean...given the rules you've previously established...in the same post.

or were you just relying on Neato's data? Sort of a "surrogate truth data" is good enough for you? You guys all just share Neato's data I guess...cus...well he's just so damned anonymously lovable isn't he?

At least stop contradicting yourself in the same post if you're going to play this game. 4/10

LOL

NeatoMan #160 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 27744 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2019 - 08:38, said:

Am I trying to convince you of something? What? Explain...

Yeah,  I don't know where I got that idea.  Couldn't possibly be because you chime in support of every MM is rigged, or SBMM thread.

Block Quote

I believe you are the one who keeps getting triggered by the sight of my name and then posts comment to me about how wrong I am....

It's kind of fun to troll you but it does get boring after a couple pages...like the game...you're very repetitive.

and yet you keep coming back,  just like you keep playing this game you seem to hate so much.  There's a word for that kind of behavior, but it evades me atm...

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2019 - 08:49, said:

or were you just relying on Neato's data? Sort of a "surrogate truth data" is good enough for you? You guys all just share Neato's data I guess...cus...well he's just so damned anonymously lovable isn't he?

That's right.  Don't rely on me.  I always suggest everyone look for themselves and show us what they get.   It's so easy these days with all the data tracking sites available.  So far everyone else who has bothered to do so has come up with the same results I have.   hmmm... they must all be WG employees.

Also tagged with rigged game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users