• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

BlackFive #21 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 36961 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostThat1Villain, on Apr 15 2019 - 04:59, said:

I always wanted to ask the tin foil hattists, why do you think this game is rigged against specifically you and/or why do you think this game is rigged in a certain way? Other people dont seem to have a problem with it

...and, why, if the game is rigged - as they believe - why do they keep playing?

da_Rock002 #22 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 10:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 9809 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Apr 14 2019 - 18:42, said:

Sure, in one specific battle, you usually can't influence the outcome, but over a large sample size, you can determine the outcome in about 25% of your battles.  The OP is usually making his teams lose at the moment (as I once did too).

man what logic

Over a large sample size when a player isn't influencing the outcome in every game, what do you think happens?    When a player can't influence the outcome, he doesn't influence either the short term or the long term.  

As for one weak player "making his team lose"...……….   :sceptic:   :B   :teethhappy:

Edited by da_Rock002, Apr 15 2019 - 10:19.

Exiledcrow #23 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 12:17

Major

• Players
  • 50553 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

OP, why would they bother doing ANYTHING to you except take your money? If for some unknown reason they have something against you …. well, they still wouldn't bother because it looks like you rig things hard enough against your team by just entering battle.

There is no rigging, there never was. Grow up, and learn to play.

anonym_5ROXMbAGhQHJ #24 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 12:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Apr 15 2019 - 03:29, said:

No, because it isn’t the same 14 guys every game.  Over thousands of matches the good teams, bad teams, good/bad MM, teamkillers, unicum platoons, botters, good maps, bad maps... EVERYTHING washes out- which leaves YOU as the only constant in every match and the only one who determines your win rate.  Organized play is different as you get mostly the same teammates every match. 

Actually it doesn't wash out.  Just take a look at the thread about loosing streaks and tell me that everything washes out.  A 20+ game loosing streak is not washing out, so your argument is invalid.

And NO your win rate is not determined solely on the individual; the individual is responsible for 0.033% of the outcome for a MM game.  To simplify it, there are 30 players between both teams, which means 1 person is statistically responsible for 0.033% of the potential outcome.  When you factor in individual player skill and rating then that number either goes up or down.  Same goes for determining how much a persons responsible for their 15 tank team, which is roughly 0.067%.  Win % is one of the few stats in the game that a player has almost zero ability to control.  They can be the #1 player on their team every single game, but if they are constantly put on the weaker team then their chances of winning drop drastically.

I don't know how anyone could even try to argue this.

Professor_Moar_Arty #25 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 12:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39151 battles
  • [FRAGD] FRAGD

man...how many times i gotta say it?

the game is NOT RIGGED AGAINST YOU

it is only rigged against ME

View Posttanopasman62, on Apr 14 2019 - 23:41, said:

every single day attracts bad teams, it's been like this since forever.

fixed that for you

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 14 2019 - 23:43, said:

You do realize that if one team loses the other team wins right ?

not true

both teams lose a tie

kapri25 #26 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 12:55

Captain

• Players
  • 19733 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH

View PostZombieTanker007, on Apr 15 2019 - 06:32, said:

Actually it doesn't wash out.  Just take a look at the thread about loosing streaks and tell me that everything washes out.  A 20+ game loosing streak is not washing out, so your argument is invalid.

And NO your win rate is not determined solely on the individual; the individual is responsible for 0.033% of the outcome for a MM game.  To simplify it, there are 30 players between both teams, which means 1 person is statistically responsible for 0.033% of the potential outcome.  When you factor in individual player skill and rating then that number either goes up or down.  Same goes for determining how much a persons responsible for their 15 tank team, which is roughly 0.067%.  Win % is one of the few stats in the game that a player has almost zero ability to control.  They can be the #1 player on their team every single game, but if they are constantly put on the weaker team then their chances of winning drop drastically.

I can easily argue this. People are not the same. There is a set expectation of what an average stat each player should meet for each battle and yet when you break down each individual's play/decision making those base stats that you want to throw around go out the window. For example, A heavy tank that hides in the back will probably have little to no effect on the battle to which it is more than likely cause a loss. However, the heavy tank that goes to the front lines will have a better impact for the game and could help the team win. Each individual player effects the outcome and stats then become random. You never know how a person could actually play unless you know them. A unicum player can (and has) have terrible games. A tomato (me in particular) has beaten the odds and came out of the battle with a top gun and the victory. You want to talk about losing streaks and how that is sure evidence of "rigging." No. Again, everyone suffers from it. Watch some youtuber's and twitch streams. You can sit there and see how they go through swaths of losses but they don't sit there and moan about rigged games. Take any unicum in this game and they can tell you that tomatos have destroyed their tanks. Just because you have a weak team does not mean that you will lose. Last thing, your defeatism does add to it. If you go into battle, look at your xvm, and automatically convince yourself of the loss (and of course go into chat bemoaning the supposed loss) then you are defeated already. I have been on teams that are statistically terrible and the enemy has players from MAHOU, YOUJO, etc and have won. Why? Cause we did not sit there and give up over what our stats were. We put forth the effort to win and we did. Please stop using xvm. If anything, all it does is add depression to the game rather than allowing players to go forth and try. Those who dare. Win

Edited by kapri25, Apr 15 2019 - 12:58.

CallandorsFire #27 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:00

Captain

• Players
  • 44799 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

People bad at math and who don't want to change their personal conclusions say you can't affect your winrate.

Well, when I started playing, I was at 46%, and I decided I didn't want to stay there, so I watched better players, read reviews, and asked questions on what I was doing wrong.  I am now over 50%, so I changed my winrate and I didn't leave it at being at the mercy of how the team performed.  Stop blaming others for outcomes - sure, individual battles can vary and sometimes be frustrating, but if you consistently do better over large numbers of battles, your winrate will improve.  The numbers don't lie.

RacWisco #28 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75934 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostZombieTanker007, on Apr 15 2019 - 11:32, said:

Because you have failed to address so many rules of statistics?

Urabouttudie #29 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

Game is fine...not a problem. It's so right that WG isn't even trying to fix the"problem" with the MM...

Why fix what isn't broke right?

I mean...if it were really broke, or rigged...you'd see people leaving this game constantly...and complaining about rigged games on the way out.

Do we ever see any of that?

Is WG trying to  fix it?

oh...we do? ...and they are?

...still not broke! Git gudder and carry your teams!

...say...how are those population numbers doing lately anyways? We getting lots of new player swelling the ranks now?

Kliphie #30 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:17

Major

• Players
  • 33114 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Expected a conversation on the proper way to rig up the load.  Disappointed.  

UnturnedLeaf #31 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30977 battles

just once i'd like to see one of the WG fanboys admit that win rates can be affected by the other 29 players (bots?) in the game. just once. 

of course i am one of those that firmly believes that MM and RNG rewards or penalizes players according to stats and WR. nothing but a simple factor in the algorithms. not to hurt one player (like so many simpletons argue) but to ensure battles end quickly.

game uninstalled months ago. i come here on occasion for the laughs. thank you

Kliphie #32 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 33114 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Apr 15 2019 - 08:25, said:

just once i'd like to see one of the WG fanboys admit that win rates can be affected by the other 29 players (bots?) in the game. just once. 

​For a single game?  Absolutely.  

For 26,916 games?  Not at all.  

DrWho_ #33 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 26322 battles

View PostKliphie, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:27, said:

Damn you're on fire today, that's 2 upvotes from me

Jer1413 #34 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:32

Captain

• Players
  • 48479 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Apr 15 2019 - 13:25, said:

Of course it is. The other 29 players pull your WR towards 50%. Your performance pulls it away from 50% (one way or the other).

DrWho_ #35 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 26322 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:06, said:

Game is fine...not a problem. It's so right that WG isn't even trying to fix the"problem" with the MM...

Why fix what isn't broke right?

I mean...if it were really broke, or rigged...you'd see people leaving this game constantly...and complaining about rigged games on the way out.

Do we ever see any of that?

Is WG trying to  fix it?

oh...we do? ...and they are?

...still not broke! Git gudder and carry your teams!

...say...how are those population numbers doing lately anyways? We getting lots of new player swelling the ranks now?

Even if 100% of the users claimed this game is rigged, leaving or not, it still wouldn't prove them right. They might be but people's opinions are not proof of anything.

Sure this game may be rigged as I have no proof that says it isn't, not that it's easy to prove a negative, but aside from "feels" nobody has posted a shred of actual evidence to prove that it really is rigged

As for broken, well that's a matter of personal opinion and there are lots of things I wish they would do differently but as long as it's working as intended, for the most part, then it's hardly "broken"

Copacetic #36 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48667 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

Jeez guys. Neato published data a while back where he calculated his team's(excluding himself) and his opponent's win% for like 2k battles and they were exactly the same. Yet you are still promoting this rigged argument. Are you guys daft?

UnturnedLeaf #37 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30977 battles

View PostKliphie, on Apr 15 2019 - 07:27, said:

same stats? same WR? same player?

it matters not; 500 battles or 26K battles. same algorithm? same RESULTS.

I_QQ_4_U #38 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 23536 battles

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:25, said:

Maybe because some people are not complete imbeciles and see that good players have high win rates and bad ones have low win rates. Oh wait, forgot, it's rigged.:facepalm:

Like has already been said, good players effect the outcome of their games far more than bad ones, therefore over the long haul they win more, if you're too dense to see the obvious there's no help for you.

Kliphie #39 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 33114 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Apr 15 2019 - 08:49, said:

same stats? same WR? same player?

it matters not; 500 battles or 26K battles. same algorithm? same RESULTS.

So why would WG pick you, personally, over anyone else to be predestined that way?  

When you were still playing, your WR was showing a slow but steady increase.  Was that because you were getting better at the game or did WG gift this to you?  

Deputy276 #40 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 20456 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 14 2019 - 16:07, said:

I don't get the rigging complaints, why would they bother to single out your account to make you suffer?

Let me try and explain. The WHOLE WORLD is against this guy. Not just WG. The WHOLE WORLD is against him. This is a weird psychological problem that is rampant these days. If people don't get what they want, it's a vast conspiracy against them. I think they call it a "persecution complex". Just watch TV and you will see it  going on every day. The old "there's no way he could have won, it was HER TURN" thing. :D

Also tagged with rigged game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users