Thank you for the Anniversary weekend offers WG. Many more to come I'm sure.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sleeper_agent #1 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 25977 battles

Hi WG staff and fellow tankers.

I just wanted to express my 'tanks' at a solid event this weekend. The anniversary offers were more than I expected and to top it off I pulled off a 59.74% WNR too.

Time was limited a bit over the weekend because life doesnt stop when the 9-5 does, but I got quite a bit out of this weekends play.

-I bought a few more pieces of equipment on sale.

-Main consumables used were added to the stockpile.

-The 5x XP event pushed me over the top or close to researching the tier 10 tanks up from the Standard B and T-54.

-I won the camo and all the daily event offer goodies too.

-Finally, I managed to use some Christmas gold to convert XP to Free XP and keep a healthy balance over 1M. :)

Who else had a good time of it??

kapri25 #2 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:28

Captain

• Players
  • 16559 battles
  • [13A] 13A
I did not play to much as I decided to mentally prepare myself for Frontline. Nice going on your successes Sleeper. 

sleeper_agent #3 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 25977 battles
GL on Frontlines Kapri. It does take some mental prep for that I think. Dunno if it's the length of battle or what but they take it out of me. 

DetectiveHoots #4 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 8071 battles
I enjoyed this event and I managed to collect some good gifts/rewards. I have been enjoying the game more in general since the MM changes and getting a reward for merit when I lose a battle I tired particularly hard in helps to reduce my personal salt levels. I am hoping that some of the balancing and arty changes will keep the momentum they have kicked up going. Thank you Wargaming for making things more fun again.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 12683 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I wanted to play more, but I took advantage of the sales, and added some free XP. Still haven't decided how to use it. 

PS: Matchmaking is so much better now, I can enjoy playing eights again.

Edited by YANKEE137, Apr 15 2019 - 13:45.

kapri25 #6 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:47

Captain

• Players
  • 16559 battles
  • [13A] 13A

View Postsleeper_agent, on Apr 15 2019 - 07:32, said:

GL on Frontlines Kapri. It does take some mental prep for that I think. Dunno if it's the length of battle or what but they take it out of me. 

I think it's the ingrained concept of winning. Every other mode rewards you better for a win but then they have it where winning doesn't give you extra. So there are times before when I slip into that mentality where I need to win. And then the teams break me when they get bad and I lose sight that it is not important. I think, for me though, the same map mixed with random base areas at the beginning can have a factor in it as well. I hate defending B. Or I hate attacking C. Then see players who hate the same thing leave the area and jump into the next one over and you're left with a few tanks for your base and a lot more in others. Top that off that you're doing it for a set amount of time (whether a lot or maybe a little) and, even though it may be petty, it starts to tear at the mind. Last month I played and was four levels away from completing the stage and I just stopped. I had to. Or my computer would have been thrown out the window. I know I can do the stages but the little things just pile up. 

sleeper_agent #7 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 25977 battles

View Postkapri25, on Apr 15 2019 - 07:47, said:

I think it's the ingrained concept of winning. Every other mode rewards you better for a win but then they have it where winning doesn't give you extra. So there are times before when I slip into that mentality where I need to win. And then the teams break me when they get bad and I lose sight that it is not important. I think, for me though, the same map mixed with random base areas at the beginning can have a factor in it as well. I hate defending B. Or I hate attacking C. Then see players who hate the same thing leave the area and jump into the next one over and you're left with a few tanks for your base and a lot more in others. Top that off that you're doing it for a set amount of time (whether a lot or maybe a little) and, even though it may be petty, it starts to tear at the mind. Last month I played and was four levels away from completing the stage and I just stopped. I had to. Or my computer would have been thrown out the window. I know I can do the stages but the little things just pile up. 

I enjoyed reading that. It makes sense. And you're right, the small things do pile up and they arent issues you face in regular battles. 

I think Frontlines is best promoted in the forums for the truckload of credits you can make. I never really saw a big windfall from it so maybe that's another reason I dip in only occasionally.

YANKEE137 #8 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 12683 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I hope that they do Frontlines in tier 7 and 9 versions at some point. Those tiers would be a good change up from the Skorpions-Defenders, Progettos-EBRs meta that is emerging.

sleeper_agent #9 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 25977 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 15 2019 - 08:34, said:

I hope that they do Frontlines in tier 7 and 9 versions at some point. Those tiers would be a good change up from the Skorpions-Defenders, Progettos-EBRs meta that is emerging.

That would be a big thank you eh? LoL

AverageWannabe #10 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4300 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

ME!

I grinded my prems to get enough free exp (farmed around 500k) to get the rusky t10 (love the tank) AND the obj 277 ...the only downside is that the obj 277 is a hard tank to play in full tier 10 battles ...I mean, if a kid throws a stone at the tank it gets penned.

Bought it mainly for clan wars though and i guess I need to learn how to play it too :) 

So, thanks 5x weekend!

Oh, and also managed to do some in-game business to buy the obj 277 for CHEAP!

Edited by AverageWannabe, Apr 15 2019 - 16:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users