Redemption Codes for missions out of hand.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove codes for missions (59 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think of having to redem codes to get missions?

1. They are getting really old really fast. (26 votes [41.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.94%

2. They are fine and I don't mind them at all. (12 votes [19.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

3. I would sooner get a root canal then see more of these. (21 votes [33.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.87%

4. I love them and hope they make all missions like this. (3 votes [4.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

Vote Hide poll

Absolute_Ice #1 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 23058 battles
  • [BVA] BVA
Anybody else really sick of redemption codes for missions?  Just got done doing some and we are at 23 atm.  This is getting excessive.

PunCzarBlintz #2 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 79124 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

They make the codes cut and paste, they provide direct links to the entry screen, not a big deal.

Makes folks read the WoT news.... priceless.

DetectiveHoots #3 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 8071 battles
I don't really mind the codes, they're the least of the things that are bothersome about WoT. I admit that the way to receive and enter the codes could be a little more user friendly. I just assumed they implemented this style of "opting in" to reduce bots getting rewards and to increase website traffic. Gotta keep the monetization guys happy too.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 13:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 12683 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
What really annoys me is reading the codes and then trying to enter them but they aren't active yet. They have to do better on their end. 

Dark_Blue_Ink #5 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6865 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

The sheer laziness and whining by players is all that is getting old here.  If you are the slightest bit invested in the game, and by participating in THIS FORUM you are, then it is no effort to copy/paste codes.

In a free to play game, you are complaining about freebies.  Grow a spine, man!

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 69210 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 15 2019 - 08:50, said:

What really annoys me is reading the codes and then trying to enter them but they aren't active yet. They have to do better on their end. 

This....

AND it doesn't seem the rewards are any better because of them.

They indicated the codes would mean more/better rewards - at least on some things.

But, the main issue I have is per Yankee they need to do better on their end.  Post the codes early if so, but at least put the time frame in the artice so it's not a guessing game.

DrWho_ #7 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 19495 battles

View PostDark_Blue_Ink, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:20, said:

The sheer laziness and whining by players is all that is getting old here.  If you are the slightest bit invested in the game, and by participating in THIS FORUM you are, then it is no effort to copy/paste codes.

It's almost as bad as the people who lacks reading comprehension and don't grasp what the "whiners" are actually complaining about........

1919Eternal #8 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 57077 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
Said it before, it really sucks.

DetectiveHoots #9 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 14:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 8071 battles

View PostDark_Blue_Ink, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:20, said:

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 15 2019 - 13:24, said:

It's almost as bad as the people who lacks reading comprehension and don't grasp what the "whiners" are actually complaining about........

I think this is an example of irony DrWho.

I'm pretty sure that Dark_Blue_Ink had no problems with reading comprehension in this example.

I would agree that people are a bit lazy if it's too much to copy and pates a few codes for free stuff.

DrWho_ #10 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 19495 battles

View PostDetectiveHoots, on Apr 15 2019 - 14:47, said:

I think this is an example of irony DrWho.

I'm pretty sure that Dark_Blue_Ink had no problems with reading comprehension in this example.

I would agree that people are a bit lazy if it's too much to copy and pates a few codes for free stuff.

It's never been about the copy'n paste as such. The issue is that a lot of people don't frequent the forum or news page on a regular basis, they just want to log in and hit the battle button instead of hunting for codes

Most people are fine with hunting for codes during those scavenger events where WG is actually using the event o promote something, like the CCs in that month long scavenger hunt and while the execution of said event left something to desire that event made sense

The reason we're now scavenging for codes is because the mission UI is annoying some people, understandably so to a certain extent because it's a crappy UI, but instead of actually fixing the UI they made it so that you have to put in codes for the events you're interested in. Even that would have made a certain sense but can you imagine how many people who log in during the weekend aren't interested  in doing the weekend event ? Yes there might be the odd one but I'll bet you a dollar it's quite close to zero

So to fix the UI they made *everyone* go look for codes, not that big of a deal for us forum dwellers since most of them are posted here fairly quick anyways but it's still annoying, instead of actually fix their badly designed UI. It makes no sense whatsoever and before you say they may have other motives for the codes the main reason is the UI according to Domo in another thread. On top of that they've been late posting the codes so that those who enjoy playing in the early hours of the morning for various reasons didn't get the code as soon as the server restarted, last weekend the codes were 8 hours late or something.

At least they've listened now and the events are as of today announced in the CI thing in the game, at least they were when I logged in about an hour ago, with links to where to find the codes and that's an improvement at least and helps more casual players realize that there's some event going on and where to find it. Do you think this would have happened if we hadn't complained about the execution of this ....... "fix" ?

Sturm_Teufel #11 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:36

Major

• Players
  • 46550 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Yeah! Grab the torches, pitchforks and wake the kids Edna, WE'RE GOING TO GET WG TO UN-NERF THE HELLCAT!!!!!! UN-NERF THE HELLCAT! UN-NERF THE HELLCAT! Wait, what? Codes? Meh. They're okay, I don't really care for them to do things like the On-Track missions. That should just automatic imho. So, just so we're clear,..... we're NOT here to un-nerf Hellcat? DANGIT! Where's my coffee? Why are my pants on backwards? Well, it is a Monday after all.......

Blackstone #12 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 15:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19734 battles
  • [ITKU] ITKU

Not everyone goes to the portal, therefore much of the player base is missing out.

It should be automatic.

OatmealCookies #13 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 16:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 50347 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
I love the codes. They are easy to enter and provide good returns. They are almost a gift and I wish there were more. Entitled welfare losers wish they were automatic but an earned paycheck is twice as rewarding as a payout.

WhineMaker #14 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 36133 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostBlackstone, on Apr 15 2019 - 06:43, said:

Not everyone goes to the portal, therefore much of the player base is missing out.

It should be automatic.

Then maybe more of the player base should visit the WG portal... :ohmy:

...or miss out, their choice... :facepalm:

Absolute_Ice #15 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 23058 battles
  • [BVA] BVA

View PostOatmealCookies, on Apr 15 2019 - 15:08, said:

I love the codes. They are easy to enter and provide good returns. They are almost a gift and I wish there were more. Entitled welfare losers wish they were automatic but an earned paycheck is twice as rewarding as a payout.

You do understand that up until about a month ago we got the exact same rewards.  All of the same missions existed but we were all Opt in automatically,  therefore you are getting no extra payouts.

xperiment2g #16 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32718 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
The codes are just pissing people off. If it's not driving people to play the game, it's a failed experiment. The codes are doing nothing to help the game.

DUKE_AUTY #17 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:37

Captain

• Players
  • 38315 battles

The codes are fine.

I need all the help I can get.

Waylandie #18 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15359 battles
  • [XXII] XXII
People complain about not getting news on the game, so WG implements codes for missions to make people check the website.  Now people are complaining that they have to check the website to get the codes.  What is it exactly you guys want?  Do you guys just want to log in, get automatic wins, free loot, cool camos and do nothing else?  Go play warcraft for a few years, you will think that WG is doing an amazing job.

DrWho_ #19 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 19495 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Apr 15 2019 - 16:32, said:

Then maybe more of the player base should visit the WG portal... :ohmy:

...or miss out, their choice... :facepalm:

You forgot to use the term "entitlement crowd" in your post ......

xperiment2g #20 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 18:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32718 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostWaylandie, on Apr 15 2019 - 08:43, said:

People complain about not getting news on the game, so WG implements codes for missions to make people check the website.  Now people are complaining that they have to check the website to get the codes.  What is it exactly you guys want?  Do you guys just want to log in, get automatic wins, free loot, cool camos and do nothing else?  Go play warcraft for a few years, you will think that WG is doing an amazing job.

This is ultimately a business that WG is running. If what they're doing is not making the bulk of their customer base happy, it's a bad thing. Just look at the poll; that's over 70 percent that disapprove of this experiment, as I type this. Also, it's not just going to the website. it's also having to pick up codes from live streamers. If I didn't know any better, I would swear they were trying to drive people away from logging in and actually playing. 

Edited by xperiment2g, Apr 15 2019 - 18:04.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users