Frontline: Episode 3 is here!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Thunder2_1 #61 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 01:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21389 battles

first i would like to say frontline is the best that WOTs has left, but sadly it is starting to go down hill fast.

like others have said, the wheeled cars need to be looked at. toward the end of most games nothing but clown cars running around. when a SkorpG cant pen one with an AP round, when the HE round does zero damage not even slowing them down, something needs done.

when you are attacking one of the objectives, there should be a way to keep enemy out of your spawn area. have re-spawned multiple times right in front of sitting enemy tanks, just to die. only thing to do was go to another zone. actually, it has happened on both attack and defend, where they sit and just wait for you to respawn in front of them.

has seen multiple enemy tanks going beyond the end lines and sitting, both on the A B C lines and at objectives. these tanks DID NOT auto destruct as is meant to happen.

think there should be some type of change to ranks. a general that has died 5 or 6 times and has less damage or spotting than you, but you who dies once if at all, only makes captain or major. you will die every now and then, but after the 3rd or 4th, there should start being a penalty.

Blue___Phoenix #62 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36113 battles
  • [PHX2] PHX2

SUGGESTION: To owners of premium account, add the option to choose defense or attack in Frontline.

Just like it will be possible for a premium account to block 3 maps, it will be an incredible addition to their functions. Adding even more value and relevance to premium accounts

Edited by Blue___Phoenix, Apr 24 2019 - 02:42.

Omega_Weapon #63 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 51445 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostThunder2_1, on Apr 23 2019 - 19:35, said:

think there should be some type of change to ranks. a general that has died 5 or 6 times and has less damage or spotting than you, but you who dies once if at all, only makes captain or major. you will die every now and then, but after the 3rd or 4th, there should start being a penalty.

Tend to agree. Not dying should be rewarded by more than just less repair costs. That's my main complaint about respawn mechanics. It often makes suicide strategies better than staying alive strategies.

3RiversRegt #64 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 64830 battles
  • [_QC_] _QC_

FRONTLINE use to be a time that I was looking forward to play NOW it's going downhill so quick.... We should thanks WARGAIMING for making that game more awful in overall.

1. S H I T on WHEEL destroy frontline

a. they are able to go behind the dot line on both side and shoot, light everything in between without being damage .... THANKS WARGAIMING !!!! to make that game no more fun to play

b. when on defence they run in sector a b or c while offense are trying to capture d e or f... with impunity because of there speed you can't catch him.  THANKS WARGAIMING !!!! to make that game no more fun to play

c.  when on offence they capture A and D and they go destroy Objective 5 - 4 - 3 because of there speed you cant' catch to them before it's to late.  THANKS WARGAIMING !!!! to make that game no more fun to play

2.  To fix those issue offence should be on same principle then when defense  until a b or c is capture you can't go in d e or F.... the same should be after capture of a b or c .... Defence players should not be able to roam in a b or c if not contested

3.  MAIN OBJECTIVE can't be attack until at least 5 out of 6 zone as been capture, offence should have capture at least all a b and c and have at least 2 of d e or f.

3RiversRegt #65 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 64830 battles
  • [_QC_] _QC_

View PostThunder2_1, on Apr 23 2019 - 19:35, said:

Tend to agree. Not dying should be rewarded by more than just less repair costs. That's my main complaint about respawn mechanics. It often makes suicide strategies better than staying alive strategies.

You can't reward someone to stay away from the action and surviving.

When you are in Defence to obtain the rank of GENERAL it is base on amount damage and ennemies destroyed in the circle (A, B, C, D, E or F) to achieve that you will probably be destroy often.  And those peoples will reach the rank of GENERAL really easy in no time.  Understanding the mechanic of FRONTLINE to increase your rank will help you to understand why some peoples my die often but achieve the highest rank

Edited by 3RiversRegt, Apr 24 2019 - 03:28.

y_KnT #66 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70355 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

it should be made abundantly clear that you only need to reach rank 30 10 times to get max vehicles,not like 27 times

the convoluted rank/prestige point system is not obvious, and it's depressing to contemplate the grind required to reach rank 30 twenty odd times

hardicon #67 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54336 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Please limit gold rounds in frontline.  It is a one tier battle there is no need for gold rounds yet most players shoot 100 percent gold rounds.  Make Frontlines Fun Again and limit or take out gold rounds.

PurpleAssassin #68 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 05:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 93500 battles
  • [NG2R] NG2R

If you are being shot only with Gold Rounds then you are probably only driving something that only Gold Rounds will penetrate, i.e., TS-5, IS-6 B, IS-3A, Defender, 252U, and a few others. SO, it sounds like you just want to be able to drive willy-nilly across the countryside, laying waste to all that cross your path, laughing profusely while round after round bounce harmlessly off your OP Tank. 

If someone is using only Gold Rounds it is almost impossible to make Silver on FrontLine, which for me, is the main reason for playing it. (To finance some of the Tanks I have had unlocked for a long time but have always  been broke because of shooting Gold Rounds in Random Battles all the time :(  )  Gold Rounds have always been part of the game, and if you are too cheap to use them, well then, sounds like a personal problem to me.  For me, there is much more joy in bouncing a Gold Round then a regular, so I look forward to the opportunity, and if you learn proper angling and turret movement, you bounce LOTS of Gold Rounds!

What I would like to see is to have the Defenders be able to launch a few rounds from those BIG Guns called Objectives!  I bet that would bring out the CryBabies in droves !!!!!

Spikethedragon #69 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:23

Private

• Players
  • 12401 battles

Since when did the IS-6 / IS3-A require gold to pen. Defender/TS-5 yeah I can understand wanting to switch to gold. But damn even then I don't really suffer that badly. 
Just cause you don't pen every shot doesn't mean you need gold. Unless you're driving tanks with really weak pen or tanks that can't fight close range then really penning those tanks shouldn't be a problem. 

Besides I've driven my progetto countless times and been shot with full gold. So there are quite a few people who really just go in with all gold. The biggest offenders seem to be other progetto players. 

Why is beyond me, 212 pen is fairly good against most tanks. Even against a defender ya got a 50/50 chance with standard rounds to pen the lower plate.

But yes it would be pretty neat if the big guns in the back were usable. How and who would get to use them is something difficult to figure out. If ya made it based on whoever gets general first. Then all the more likely arty gets another big tool at their disposal as defending arty players can easily hit general if they play it right. But if you did it based on getting to general, where's the compensation for an attacker getting general. 

All in all an interesting idea but would surely cause a lot of cry babies as you said. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users