A-43 and how to play any tank with bad gun depression

gun depression a-43

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Who__invader #1 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 15:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles
So ive already talked about the gun selection but ive never played a tank with this low of a gun depression. I was on mines at the bottom of the hill virtualy level with my enemies and I couldn't get the gun down. there has to be a strategy for this so wisdom away at me people thanks

Panzerkind #2 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 36165 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Poke around ridges instead of over them and shoot enemies on the ridge-line in the side. 
  • Take it with the heavies and play close-support
  • Learn how to use the terrain to give extra gun depression (things like backing up against a rock to tip your tank forward)

BonnieKitty #3 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 16:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12377 battles

Play the KV-85 for a while, and thank the g*ds for two more degrees of depression.

Or, go city.

MacDaddyMatty #4 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 31956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostPanzerkind, on Apr 16 2019 - 09:25, said:

• Poke around ridges instead of over them and shoot enemies on the ridge-line in the side.
  • Learn how to use the terrain to give extra gun depression (things like backing up against a rock to tip your tank forward)

:great:

All of this.

Often right next to the terrain you are on that is impeding gun depression (and making you gun depressed), is terrain that better for getting gun on target. Always look to see if you are on a hump of micro terrain.

ClydeCooper421 #5 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 14763 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
either engineer depression, or just don't play it in areas where you have to use gun depression 

xperiment2g #6 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 18:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33779 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

You add gun depression and elevation with terrain.  There are lots of tricks, but mainly these types of low gun depression tanks require a good knowledge of the map terrain. 

Here is an example: simple trick for more gun depression, is to drive up slightly on the side of a hill and shoot over the side of your tank. Using the hill angle and your turret traverse to augment gun depression. Your turret will have a slightly up and down traverse like this   /   instead of flat like this  -  . 

Omega_Weapon #7 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 53152 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
As others have said you should look for flatter terrain and avoid areas that would exceed your gun depression. Another work around is distance. The farther away you are from your target, the less bad gun depression will matter.

Who__invader #8 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 00:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles

View PostPanzerkind, on Apr 16 2019 - 15:25, said:

Yeah yeah I wish I could get into a training room by myself I don't know why they have it set up like this. You could do it in world of warplanes but there's all kinds of weird Cliff  and nooks and crannies  where you could drop off and set up your turret basically you're stuck there but you got this really weird sniping position where no one would expect you also can  go into the water and pull stuff off like that sometimes. But backing up onto a rock to lower your gun depression is a really good idea I've tried to do it by going sideways on a ridge but I've never tried to literally back up onto a ridge so thanks for the advice that might really work well the a43 has a really high angle 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users