• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

wganz_87 #41 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 23:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55326 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostSteelRonin, on Apr 17 2019 - 21:27, said:

If you balance a tank because other tanks can outurn it......you are wrong.....this is not a 1 vs 1 game...and the maps are not football yards...

Where I always get in trouble in this game is that I try to use my past indoctrination in FM 71-2 to use 'fire and maneuver' to flank then destroy such. To not to stay directly in front of this behemoth and to flank is my natural instinct. 

But again, this is a video game that uses historical tanks and not a tank battle simulator which gets me in a lot of trouble at times. 

Still have difficulty conceiving of wheeled vehicles careening around with impunity in front of my M60a1. Guess that I need to embrace the suckage and soldier onward. 

Linkage to FM 71-2 for the interested:   https://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/amd-us-archive/FM71-2%2877%29.pdf   

RG_Notch #42 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 29112 battles

View PostAnimal71, on Apr 17 2019 - 14:58, said:

I think what's ruining frontlines is all the OP new Golden tanks <Yes I use them but only the Lansen and Lowe>.  The tier 8 Italian tanks and the Scorpion G really Troll the game and seems every match has 20 of the 30 tanks either a Go Kart Frenchy or one of the 2 I listed above.  Not too mention giving everyone a kill everything in sight Spam button that's either Bombs or Arty.  The good ol days of dueling are gone now it's just super damage spam from behind rocks.  Not sure if there is an actual solution. but they definitely need to pay some attention to the massive game imbalances caused by all this premium type spam.

L M A O . So you think WG will see a problem that helps them sell expensive Tier 8 premium tanks? That's the goal. 

Edited by RG_Notch, Apr 17 2019 - 23:24.

Jryder #43 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 02:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

Just ignore them. 

Unless you get one lined up at a distance, and he doesn't swerve, there is virtually nothing you can do about them in anything but a light/wheelie.

If one comes close enough to one of my tanks, I just play on. I don't pointlessly try and maneuver with them, nor do I stress out trying to get one single shot into them (also pointless). If the opportunity presents itself, I'll shoot'em but if not, "F" it. I let them shoot me up and put up no fight-that is what they want anyway, Same mentality as arty players. They want to shoot everybody else without the risk of anyone shooting back.

Ignoring wheelies is like turning off chat-it just makes the whole experience so much more fun and relaxing...

One has to wonder. Does WG not see these things flying around wherever they want, including amongst the enemy and behind enemy lines virtually unopposed? Is that intentional? How is it good for the game for (In FL for example...) 10 players to be hunkered down in a defensive setup that no REAL TANK could survive, yet wheelies simply come and go as they please? Or that 30 defenders are working their butts off-seemingly successfully-only to have wheelies run deep behind the lines killing objectives as most defenders are still on the other side of the map?

Baffling...

ThatoneguyKaz #44 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 02:54

Captain

• Players
  • 20516 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Meh. Progetto spam is more annoying imo

Goat_Rodeo #45 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 03:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostTA_Reaper, on Apr 17 2019 - 21:48, said:

Wheeled tanks are basically total BS. IF you hit one going 90MPH with a 120MM round they just keep going, don't slow down, don't flip over, just laugh at you auto aim, never miss and shoot you three times as they run off. Most light tanks are worthless to chase one as is my bull dog now that it no longer has an auto loader. Wheeled tanks really need a major NURF. A reduction of half their HP, their speed reduced by half when hit, how about they have to remount a tire(s) when hit like a tracked tank. Something, because right now they are 100 times worse than any Arty that shoots one round and then has to wait forever to load up another one.

If you were the dude in FL that tried to chase me down in my wheelie after I had some good times with a Lorraine arty deep in B zone today, I’m sorry it didn’t work out for the best. 

But on a serious note, never, never ever, chase an EBR and get cut off from your team. You’re very likely to get your light tank murdered. Plus I can’t tell you how many times I took APCR hits in wheelies today, because the double tap 2 key is the ultimate trunk monkey for most. Because when it’s go time, only the best will get it done. 

PS: 90 mph is around 155 km/hr. Can this be a thing please?

Also the tier X has a 105mm, so unless you have access to Russian wheeled lights mounting 122mm derp goodness....

Rundog #46 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 04:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33528 battles
Perhaps it's more that Frontlines has lost it's sparkle. It's not longer new. I know I liked it last time and now am quickly bored of it. Nothing to do with clown cars.

Burning_Haggis #47 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 06:30

Major

• Players
  • 46076 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 17 2019 - 13:19, said:

tire failure at 80/kmh, (or 50mph) even if catastrophic doesn't  cause a car to flip, or do somersaults...  (someone's been watching too many movies)

here's one at 180 mph at Daytona on the rear where the driver does a helluva job of not spinning out  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbpzslRUipY  

regardless, if you want wheeled vehicles to be "stopped" by wheel hits for a "realistic time frame to replace or re-inflate a tire" then let's talk about a realistic time frame for putting a track back on your tank...  (with a large repair kit, it's a single button press, and can often be done before a tracked tank in the game comes to a stop)

As the collector of vintage military wheeled vehicles, I can assure you that you are 100% wrong. There is a huge difference between your car with a Cg at 15" off the ground, and an armored car with a Cg at 42" off the ground.

top heavy chassis designs, easily overextended independent front ends, and high profile tires make any sudden tire failure an event that is going to absolutely result in a rollover if the vehicle is moving faster than 30-35 MPH. Even "stable" designs like the big-wheel ferret are going to go over if they lost a front tire at any speed above a parking lot clip.

Goat_Rodeo #48 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 06:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Apr 18 2019 - 05:30, said:

As the collector of vintage military wheeled vehicles, I can assure you that you are 100% wrong. There is a huge difference between your car with a Cg at 15" off the ground, and an armored car with a Cg at 42" off the ground.

top heavy chassis designs, easily overextended independent front ends, and high profile tires make any sudden tire failure an event that is going to absolutely result in a rollover if the vehicle is moving faster than 30-35 MPH. Even "stable" designs like the big-wheel ferret are going to go over if they lost a front tire at any speed above a parking lot clip.

You know you’re bring in concepts of real world physics to a computer MMO that’s renowned for a exceptionally sloppy physics model?

Hans_Mo1eman #49 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15801 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 17 2019 - 06:45, said:

I'm not sure how you all approach FL, but I try not to play anything slow and heavy.  I occasionally bring out my Tiger2, but usually only when the battle gets to the city.  I also down tiered the gun on it and others.  No need for something that can punch above its tier,  The ROF and dpm gain seems to be helping me, and they all got enough pen for most of the things I run into.

In fact it's my mobile tanks that suffer the most. My most played tank was the M41-90 and I used to be able to be very flexible with it. Now I have to carefully watch how many wheeled vehicles are in my zone and who is driving them. it's almost certain death to leave the comfort of the allies covering fire because as soon as I'm detected I'm swarmed by wheelies firing HE keeping me tracked and ammo racked and I'm off to choose a new tank. So I just feel very ineffective in my  light tank. The Patriot for example is slow but fairly maneuverable, has enough armor, decent gun handling, and a fast rate of fire and I think is superb at dealing with the wheelies and taking little to no damage doing so but has a lot of downsides on the large open maps in FL.

That has been my experience anyways.

mr_lummox #50 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16361 battles

View PostRundog, on Apr 18 2019 - 03:56, said:

Perhaps it's more that Frontlines has lost it's sparkle. It's not longer new. I know I liked it last time and now am quickly bored of it. Nothing to do with clown cars.

This might very much be true since tier 8 does have it's limits.  I would like to see a tier 9 FL mode, would be cool to see amx 30, t-54 and leopard PT's running all over the place. 

hardicon #51 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55026 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-
I hate that you dont like it but wheeled cars are the most fun this game has been in years.  great addition to the game imo.  Some people might want to learn how to shoot.

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #52 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 26759 battles
They pretty much made up my mind on playing the game like I use to and after I grinded my butt off in the 1st frontline when it came back a few months ago playing on the same map pretty much did it in for me. I still have to force myself to log on like once a week to play. I was pretty excited after I played my FCM pak40 the other day after not playing for 2 weeks And I won my 1st ever Kolobanovs medal 

Zuikakoo #53 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21920 battles
Did WG even test the wheelies on the Normandy Map?   

ThunderBob #54 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 4447 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Posthardicon, on Apr 18 2019 - 16:45, said:

I hate that you dont like it but wheeled cars are the most fun this game has been in years.  great addition to the game imo.  Some people might want to learn how to shoot.

+1. They are a blast and have made the game mobile again. Plus the arty players get a break since Wheelies are the new black. Anecdotal but if you look at the people griping about wheelies the most you see a commonality. They play heavies and it is jacking with their carefully planned/peek a boom side scrape fests at the Castle on (pick a map).

Jryder #55 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

Agree 100%.

Games were a mixed bag yesterday but last night was a horror show. My T8's are all Mediums + 1 TD and games were essentially like I was stunned 100% of the time while the map activity was moving at 16X normal time. Players realized earlier that the easiest way to win and defend was with wheelies. Now they figured out that the easiest way to farm damage is with wheelies as well. Why play even a fast Light when wheelies are superior to all tracked vehicles?

I accept being food in Randoms because it's not an every battle thing, it's a short battle, and I do have the possibility of dealing some damage back. FL is longer and I have virtually NO CHANCE of dealing damage against wheelies.

21Blackjack #56 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 20836 battles

View PostThunderBob, on Apr 19 2019 - 15:28, said:

+1. They are a blast and have made the game mobile again. Plus the arty players get a break since Wheelies are the new black. Anecdotal but if you look at the people griping about wheelies the most you see a commonality. They play heavies and it is jacking with their carefully planned/peek a boom side scrape fests at the Castle on (pick a map).

So what you are saying is that arty players have moved to wheelies because they are just as bad?  That's not exactly an argument that's going to win a bunch of new players in a tank game.

TRK213_Turkey #57 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6348 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGarandster, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:00, said:

I have had zero issue with hitting and killing them. The only thing that annoys me about them is the idiot driving who wants to kill the objectives before all the points are capped.

I agree about the early destruction of the objectives.  I can hit them but it is soooooo annoying when you peg one and all it got was a "critical damage" wheel hit and it trundles off still at full health and still moving at a fairly good speed. 

Arclight58 #58 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 54176 battles
My biggest gripe with wheelies is that WG gave them an aimbot, talk about giving an unfair advantage all they have to do is click on you and drive while holding the LMM. They already can circle you faster an and turret speed and to give them an even more advantage that improved auto aim. I remember WG removing the T-50-2 because the speed was unfair, now it's back as a Prem. I guess the next thing will be ghost tanks that pop up behind you.

mbrolin #59 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostSteelRonin, on Apr 17 2019 - 19:35, said:

I don't hate the wheelies in frontline, a couple of time I got killed by one of them because I was isolated and with 5% of HP. In the other hand I hate the spam of soviet tanks, Defenders, IS-3As, T-44-100s, IS-Ms, IS-3s, SU-130PM and the recently P2W tank, the TS-5 with 1500 HP.....the gameplay loses all the fun when 80% of the enemy tanks are these ones...

I use wheelies, and everytime I use them, I don't have any chances, I mean 0 chances to hit a soviet tank on the move, while they can snap me and set me on fire 60% of the time....like they have incendiary ammo...And also, every HE shot that I receive destroys 2 wheels.....I must be the only wheelie player to get "stopped" because every damn wheel is broken.....I have never seen an ally or enemy getting stopped for having all the wheeles destroyed.....I am definitely missing something..

I'm being spammed to death by wheelies far more then by Russian vehicles. 

KingRat #60 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 21670 battles

View PostJryder, on Apr 17 2019 - 20:15, said:

Just ignore them. 

Unless you get one lined up at a distance, and he doesn't swerve, there is virtually nothing you can do about them in anything but a light/wheelie.

If one comes close enough to one of my tanks, I just play on. I don't pointlessly try and maneuver with them, nor do I stress out trying to get one single shot into them (also pointless). If the opportunity presents itself, I'll shoot'em but if not, "F" it. I let them shoot me up and put up no fight-that is what they want anyway, Same mentality as arty players. They want to shoot everybody else without the risk of anyone shooting back.

Ignoring wheelies is like turning off chat-it just makes the whole experience so much more fun and relaxing...

One has to wonder. Does WG not see these things flying around wherever they want, including amongst the enemy and behind enemy lines virtually unopposed? Is that intentional? How is it good for the game for (In FL for example...) 10 players to be hunkered down in a defensive setup that no REAL TANK could survive, yet wheelies simply come and go as they please? Or that 30 defenders are working their butts off-seemingly successfully-only to have wheelies run deep behind the lines killing objectives as most defenders are still on the other side of the map?

Baffling...

Absolutely true, i just  ignore them now.  When they 1st came out everyone would chase them all over the map and forget about everything and die trying.  Now I just go about my business and if they get near me I shoot them, no worries.  

In FL im always seeing them on defense way behind our lines arty hunting and think "great lets cap while these idiots are out of the picture."   They do make u put a tank on defense around turrets a little sooner but not really big deal.

People get way too distracted by them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users