Wheelies have ruined FL for me

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

mbrolin #61 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Apr 18 2019 - 02:29, said:

If you were the dude in FL that tried to chase me down in my wheelie after I had some good times with a Lorraine arty deep in B zone today, I’m sorry it didn’t work out for the best. 

But on a serious note, never, never ever, chase an EBR and get cut off from your team. You’re very likely to get your light tank murdered. Plus I can’t tell you how many times I took APCR hits in wheelies today, because the double tap 2 key is the ultimate trunk monkey for most. Because when it’s go time, only the best will get it done. 

PS: 90 mph is around 155 km/hr. Can this be a thing please?

Also the tier X has a 105mm, so unless you have access to Russian wheeled lights mounting 122mm derp goodness....

[edited] Twitcher. The scourge of WOT. Let to us slow people have a one game that isn't ruled by fastest reflexes. That is where WG messed up. Many people play this game because you could play this game, that is real time, and not have to be the twitch master to be good. You can do well with tactics and positioning. Now with clown cars, the Twitchers now rule here. 

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Apr 22 2019 - 15:43.

mbrolin #62 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostHans_Mo1eman, on Apr 18 2019 - 16:02, said:

In fact it's my mobile tanks that suffer the most. My most played tank was the M41-90 and I used to be able to be very flexible with it. Now I have to carefully watch how many wheeled vehicles are in my zone and who is driving them. it's almost certain death to leave the comfort of the allies covering fire because as soon as I'm detected I'm swarmed by wheelies firing HE keeping me tracked and ammo racked and I'm off to choose a new tank. So I just feel very ineffective in my  light tank. The Patriot for example is slow but fairly maneuverable, has enough armor, decent gun handling, and a fast rate of fire and I think is superb at dealing with the wheelies and taking little to no damage doing so but has a lot of downsides on the large open maps in FL.

That has been my experience anyways.

THIS!!!!! Clown cars aren't the bane of arty or tds its Mediums and lights that are getting devastated by them.They are like swarms of locust devouring everything.

mbrolin #63 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View Posthardicon, on Apr 18 2019 - 16:45, said:

I hate that you dont like it but wheeled cars are the most fun this game has been in years.  great addition to the game imo.  Some people might want to learn how to shoot.

you are one sick individual.

mbrolin #64 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostThunderBob, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:28, said:

+1. They are a blast and have made the game mobile again. Plus the arty players get a break since Wheelies are the new black. Anecdotal but if you look at the people griping about wheelies the most you see a commonality. They play heavies and it is jacking with their carefully planned/peek a boom side scrape fests at the Castle on (pick a map).

No, it's in my mediums and lights. Twitcher

Bedwyr #65 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77315 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostRundog, on Apr 17 2019 - 21:56, said:

Perhaps it's more that Frontlines has lost it's sparkle. It's not longer new. I know I liked it last time and now am quickly bored of it. Nothing to do with clown cars.

I agree, part of the big problems, are people loading up a side to either defend or take that objective...It really sucks when your team takes an objective then most disappear so they can go farm more dmg to get to be General FARB, when you had a complete break through and could ve taken the next.one...there needs to be another map added. Also defence needs to be able retake objectives...this would stop alot of the side switching...personally i do not farm damage in the front any more...I have much more fun taking a light, medium or an autoloading heavy and farm the attackers at thier spawn.

Edited by Bedwyr, Apr 19 2019 - 17:43.

beowulf999 #66 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 22194 battles
  • [BAKED] BAKED
Some good advice, I will pay more attention to the suggestion of ignoring the wheeled vehicles.  This is an arcade game, and when I "die" I just respawn with a new vehicle, no big deal.  WG had their reasons (whatever they might have been) to introduce wheeled vehicles, I get to respond by not spending money on the game.

Siege_Engine #67 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11739 battles

View PostHans_Mo1eman, on Apr 17 2019 - 06:28, said:

Not hear to vent or say the game is broken or something. Just saying I used to love FL played 2 battles tonight which were totally dominated by packs of go carts flying every direction, dodging shells, and spraying down the targets then heading back into the invisible zone to repair. I have no palate for this type of game, I don't even own an x-box. I am gonna take a break from FL, just feeling a little betrayed atm since I was looking forward to enjoy that mode but it's just not the same right now.... :( 

Maybe other players are really enjoying the wheeled vehicles in FL, so power to you. 

Totally agree.  One crowd in this game seems to like smaller maps and action-reaction playstyle.  A second crowd seems to like larger maps and tactics.  

Most of the small maps in WOT, plus arty, make the action-reaction crowd happy.  

Then came Frontline.  Frontline was at least one place, that happened now and then, that gave the tactics crowd what THEY wanted.  Thus the first season of frontline was a massive success.  Huge praise.  Players asking for more.  Apparently, that wasn't good enough.  WOT had to shake it up.  

RacWisco #68 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 02:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75637 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
Wheelies make FL fun for me.

AnArmyofBun #69 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:08

Major

• Players
  • 13127 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 19 2019 - 09:14, said:

No, it's in my mediums and lights. Twitcher

What the hell is a "Twitcher"?  Someone with fast reflexes?  What exactly about a wheeled light tank requires twitch reflexes?  I think you vastly over estimate just how quick you have to be to play one.  They play like much faster mediums with zero armor and less HP.  The EBR 105 is the fastest vehicle and it requires swapping between rapid and maneuvering mode to do tight circles.  But none of that is twitch.  It's click.  A or D. 

Sorry if people are faster than you. But insulting them as if having fast reflexes is bad?  Just makes you look worse.

Jryder #70 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Apr 17 2019 - 06:59, said:

Yup!  For all of the whining over Armored Cars, they have no direct impact upon the game.  On the flip side, broken premiums and the general inflated state of Russian tank performance is more of an issue than anything else.  And, quite frankly, as far as Front Lines is concerned, the biggest issue is *drum roll* map design.

No direct impact?

Need cap? Spawn 4-5 AC, go screw with the defense (there is no "frontline" for AC's), move a Defender into the cap. Bingo.  Rinse repeat. Once you go two zones deep, AC fly to the objectives and finish the game while most players are still on the other side of the map. But, ya, no impact.

Need defense? Spawn 4-5 AC, defeat the cap easily, then go back and spawn camp and drive the attackers back to A-B-C line. I've seen it done. But, ya, no real impact...

SporkBoy #71 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 04:28

Major

• Players
  • 48893 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
It wouldn't be so bad except the pen and dmg is exceptional for these things.

AnArmyofBun #72 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 05:14

Major

• Players
  • 13127 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostSporkBoy, on Apr 21 2019 - 20:28, said:

It wouldn't be so bad except the pen and dmg is exceptional for these things.
Their pen is awful what are you talking about.  185 at tier 9 on standard AP and 90 on HE 230mm on HEAT.  240 at tier 9 is "exceptional"?  The 105 on the tier 10 is as high as it goes at 390.

Hans_Mo1eman #73 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 12:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15792 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostThunderBob, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:28, said:

They are a blast and have made the game mobile again. Plus the arty players get a break since Wheelies are the new black. Anecdotal but if you look at the people griping about wheelies the most you see a commonality. They play heavies and it is jacking with their carefully planned/peek a boom side scrape fests at the Castle on (pick a map).

I disagree with you here. I find my heavies are not nearly as adversely affected as my lights and meds are. In fact I don't think it changes the peek a boom side scrape fest very much but affects my lightly armored tanks trying to use camo and VR the most. Not to mention the wheelies have higher pen HE rounds that dominate my light tanks. As I said earlier, my most played tank on FL was the M41-90 but it's a struggle lately to run that thing when there's large number of wheelies out there. I'm spotted perma tracked and ammo racked while those things just peel off in plain sight of my hapless TD's who might land maybe 1 hit but that's not enough to get the kill before the wheelie is out of range and sight and my tank is a burning wreck.

ThePigSheFlies #74 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 13:16

Major

• Players
  • 77165 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 19 2019 - 11:12, said:

you are one sick individual.

says the guy throwing constant insults at folks that disagree with him, and using abbreviated profanity to get around forum rules, and censors

View PostSiege_Engine, on Apr 21 2019 - 11:12, said:

Totally agree.  One crowd in this game seems to like smaller maps and action-reaction playstyle.  A second crowd seems to like larger maps and tactics.  

Most of the small maps in WOT, plus arty, make the action-reaction crowd happy.  

Then came Frontline.  Frontline was at least one place, that happened now and then, that gave the tactics crowd what THEY wanted.  Thus the first season of frontline was a massive success.  Huge praise.  Players asking for more.  Apparently, that wasn't good enough.  WOT had to shake it up.  

​last year, I barely played any frontline.  it was constant arty focus, and consumable bombardment.  that being said, my only tier 8 LT at the time was my empty M41 Walker Bulldog.  now that I have an even 90, and a panhard EBR, I am not at the mercy of being focused by arty from two zones, on top of the consumables...

well that, and this past week I was on defense way way way more often than attacking, so I had lots of room to roam after going dark (including well behind the enemy lines after they had started to push)

mbrolin #75 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 02:08, said:

What the hell is a "Twitcher"?  Someone with fast reflexes?  What exactly about a wheeled light tank requires twitch reflexes?  I think you vastly over estimate just how quick you have to be to play one.  They play like much faster mediums with zero armor and less HP.  The EBR 105 is the fastest vehicle and it requires swapping between rapid and maneuvering mode to do tight circles.  But none of that is twitch.  It's click.  A or D. 

Sorry if people are faster than you. But insulting them as if having fast reflexes is bad?  Just makes you look worse.

Yes it does. It's the Pod Racer of Wot. There is a large population of Wot players who enjoy FPS but don't have the reflexes to be good at them in PvP environment. Then came WOT. Sure it helps, but you can be good at the game just using tactics and positioning. WOT was our game we can play FPS like game and be decent without getting clobbered by people with the reflexes of a 19 year old. So WOT became our game. Now after 8 years, WG gave us the middle finger, and now has made WOT all about who can be the fastest. That is why me and so many so despise them. They took our game away from us.  

ThePigSheFlies #76 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 77165 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 11:21, said:

Yes it does. It's the Pod Racer of Wot. There is a large population of Wot players who enjoy FPS but don't have the reflexes to be good at them in PvP environment. Then came WOT. Sure it helps, but you can be good at the game just using tactics and positioning. WOT was our game we can play FPS like game and be decent without getting clobbered by people with the reflexes of a 19 year old. So WOT became our game. Now after 8 years, WG gave us the middle finger, and now has made WOT all about who can be the fastest. That is why me and so many so despise them. They took our game away from us.  

the tanks, and the turrets all have traverse speeds that cannot be overruled by mouse movement, and therefore this still is not a fast twitch game.  you still need to use positioning to have an impact on the outcome of a match.

one key difference is that the unpredictable nature of wheelies does require more map awareness, and more use of movement for positioning than the less adaptive (*cough* camper *cough*) players are used to dealing with....

anyway, I was born long before color TV...  and while I did do a lot of sports in the past, my reflexes are also not consistent with the no-scope-360º CoD crowds.  further, my eye sight isn't all that great after decades of improper eye protection out on the lake (reflective sunlight off of water/snow/ice) and driving convertibles, with a dosage of decades working on computers.

if I can manage to be "above average" in pretty much most tank classes, at most tiers above tier 5, without really "tryharding" then anyone can.  and anyone saying otherwise is just looking to make excuses.

mbrolin #77 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 22 2019 - 16:53, said:

the tanks, and the turrets all have traverse speeds that cannot be overruled by mouse movement, and therefore this still is not a fast twitch game.  you still need to use positioning to have an impact on the outcome of a match.

one key difference is that the unpredictable nature of wheelies does require more map awareness, and more use of movement for positioning than the less adaptive (*cough* camper *cough*) players are used to dealing with....

anyway, I was born long before color TV...  and while I did do a lot of sports in the past, my reflexes are also not consistent with the no-scope-360º CoD crowds.  further, my eye sight isn't all that great after decades of improper eye protection out on the lake (reflective sunlight off of water/snow/ice) and driving convertibles, with a dosage of decades working on computers.

if I can manage to be "above average" in pretty much most tank classes, at most tiers above tier 5, without really "tryharding" then anyone can.  and anyone saying otherwise is just looking to make excuses.

Your experiences or skills are personal and have no bearing on anyone else. Everyone is different. Looking at the forums and polls on here, people not happy with clown cars out ways clown car apologists by a large margin. For all complaints about arty, when polls were actually done, the results were always head to head or more often then not arty came ahead in the pole.

AnArmyofBun #78 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 13127 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 09:21, said:

My darling I used to play counter-strike when I was just a girl and my reflexes were far better than they are now.  I can't play fast FPS games anymore.  Not nearly like I could back when I was much younger.  I can't play games like PUBG or Apex.  I won't even try because I know I can't aim like I'd need to.  But I can do it in wot.  Wheelies don't aim any different than any other tank.  We can use the auto lock if we're circling but any tank can.  Even then I have to wait until I'm at a soft spot to fire.  Otherwise?  I'm just aiming like I'd aim in any other tank.

Your issue isn't "twitch" skill.  It's your own bad judgement of distance and lead.  Or adjusting to where you think the player may go.  I played one battle in my lynx non frontline last week and hit a EBR 70 3 times in a row.  It can be done, you can do it, you just have to keep trying. Wargaming hasn't taken anything away from you.  Just because they are harder to hit than a regular light or medium doesn't mean that's the only reason you miss. 

As someone who played a vast majority of her battles in heavy tanks?  I had to learn mediums. That took a while.  Light tanks are very hard for me and many others to play.  But I am deeply enjoying my french lights.

Edited by AnArmyofBun, Apr 22 2019 - 18:46.

24cups #79 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 24607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
The thing that bugs me about the wheelies is that if I'm in a light tank and hit one it takes some HP but doesn't slow him down.
Then he autolocks and tracks me. Every time.
I stopped chasing them.

Jryder #80 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

OP, you are not alone. I try my best to ignore them but they really do suck the life out of the game.

Not much motivation to spawn back in when:

One line is overrun with wheelies and some are already in the back shooting the big guns

One line is over-popped

Looking at the map, the remaining line is spawn camped by...wheelies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users