Jump to content


Wheelies have ruined FL for me


  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

mbrolin #81 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32883 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 17:45, said:

 

My darling I used to play counter-strike when I was just a girl and my reflexes were far better than they are now.  I can't play fast FPS games anymore.  Not nearly like I could back when I was much younger.  I can't play games like PUBG or Apex.  I won't even try because I know I can't aim like I'd need to.  But I can do it in wot.  Wheelies don't aim any different than any other tank.  We can use the auto lock if we're circling but any tank can.  Even then I have to wait until I'm at a soft spot to fire.  Otherwise?  I'm just aiming like I'd aim in any other tank.

 

Your issue isn't "twitch" skill.  It's your own bad judgement of distance and lead.  Or adjusting to where you think the player may go.  I played one battle in my lynx non frontline last week and hit a EBR 70 3 times in a row.  It can be done, you can do it, you just have to keep trying. Wargaming hasn't taken anything away from you.  Just because they are harder to hit than a regular light or medium doesn't mean that's the only reason you miss. 

 

As someone who played a vast majority of her battles in heavy tanks?  I had to learn mediums. That took a while.  Light tanks are very hard for me and many others to play.  But I am deeply enjoying my french lights.

 

Call it Twitch skills or call it retardedness, but I can't process the speed at which these cars operate. It's not when they are long distance, its when they are closer than 100 yards. And you can't say it's the same. At going 80+ kph the Car drive just has to click somewhere near me to get auto lock on. I on the other hand have to actually click on the clown car. Haven't been able to do that. Can't shoot what you can't point on. 

JunkaTheAdmirable #82 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 19624 battles
  • 687
  • [IRIS] IRIS
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

I don't have any issue dealing with other wheeled players as long as Im not in a glass TD (so basically never).

 

1. Anticipate

2. Load HE

3. Reck their wheels

4. ???

5. Profit! 

 

If you cant aim for some reason, might want to stick to heavy armor and hard cover, cause thats a personal problem.



SargeanTravis #83 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:30

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2354 battles
  • 309
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    10-22-2018
Wheelies dont ruin FL if you are a wheelie...:P

Goat_Rodeo #84 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14863 battles
  • 1,477
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 19 2019 - 15:56, said:

 

[edited] Twitcher. The scourge of WOT. Let to us slow people have a one game that isn't ruled by fastest reflexes. That is where WG messed up. Many people play this game because you could play this game, that is real time, and not have to be the twitch master to be good. You can do well with tactics and positioning. Now with clown cars, the Twitchers now rule here. 

 

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

 

You know for some reason, you’ve jumped from another thread to this one to carry on with your screed against, “twitchers”, wth? This whole “twitch master” nonsense is just a thinly veiled insult that leads me to believe you’re in the middle of working out some tantrum stage thing. These a/c’s are not just some spastic game mode for 8 year olds hopped up on Nerds and Mountain Dew but actually require a very very high degree of map awareness and risk taking that either pays off handsomely or gets your crapkicked in short order. 

Once again, if you ditched the other thread, I was a kid who grew up with UHF/VHF TV, 33 1/3 RPM records and 8 tracks. My eye sight is pretty trash and have no where near the physical reflexes of a 19 y/o.

Look at what tanks you own that can wreck a/c’s. Like oh say an RU251 that has a base view range on 410m and fires HEP that wrecks a/c’s. I know it’s a tier 9 but the HWK 30 is a tier 8 version, get one and change up your tactics. 

 



AnArmyofBun #85 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 11:06, said:

 

Call it Twitch skills or call it retardedness, but I can't process the speed at which these cars operate. It's not when they are long distance, its when they are closer than 100 yards. And you can't say it's the same. At going 80+ kph the Car drive just has to click somewhere near me to get auto lock on. I on the other hand have to actually click on the clown car. Haven't been able to do that. Can't shoot what you can't point on. 

 

I call it what it is.  Inability.  Not everyone can do everything in every medium.  Zoom out a bit further when they get close.  It helps.  Don't go into aiming mode.  Rotate your hull and turret at the same time to move the turret faster.  If the wheeled vehicle wants to pen you they're going to have to be on your side and rear unless you're in a lightly armored tank.  If you can?  Ram it.  Now you know how to keep up with a wheeled vehicle.  If they're behind you and you have no allies to help or you can't traverse that quick?

Well you've been hard countered and you're dead.  That's either your fault or the game was over.

mbrolin #86 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32883 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 18:31, said:

 

I call it what it is.  Inability.  Not everyone can do everything in every medium.  Zoom out a bit further when they get close.  It helps.  Don't go into aiming mode.  Rotate your hull and turret at the same time to move the turret faster.  If the wheeled vehicle wants to pen you they're going to have to be on your side and rear unless you're in a lightly armored tank.  If you can?  Ram it.  Now you know how to keep up with a wheeled vehicle.  If they're behind you and you have no allies to help or you can't traverse that quick?

Well you've been hard countered and you're dead.  That's either your fault or the game was over.

 

Inability is a broad word that does not cover the specifics to what causes it. Saying the inability of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 to fly, caused it to crash, but does not identify the problem or comes up with a solution. Yes, I know I do not have the ability to shoot these things. My gripe is here was a game I was at least somewhat competitive in all aspects. So I invested in it. Now WG changes it, so new skills are needed, ones that if I knew I would end up needing, I would never have invested in the game. Added to that, it is Unrealistic. Nothing can move that fast on the battlefield. And don't say "Its just an Arcade game". Once you open the door this much to unrealistic attributes, there's no stopping it. If you can 80kph cars that aren't affected by mud and somehow are more actuate on the move hen a tracked vehicle, then next there will be 80kph Mouses. If 80kph go Karts is fun, then 80kph Mouses must be tons o fun more. Next we'll see flying arty. Where does it end once you put in vehicles with such unrealistic attributes?

 

I never am zoomed in. I stay zoomed out as far as I can. I have to be aware as much as I can. I find that the zoom out is still too close for my comfort. I also found it is way hard to not get stuck on structures and rocks when zoomed in. 

 

I typically go into aiming view when aiming at enemies when not moving. Usually because I am zoomed out. Will try not to when fighting clown cars.

 

Do rotate hull with turret. Only way I can fight close with regular scouts. Even though I fail more than not with them, except in mediums. But my restarted brain can comprehend their speed unlike the clown cars.

 

At their speed, by they time you spotted them, they have hit you 2 times with he rounds that seem great at detracking or ammo racking you most of the time. This makes pointing front toward them impossible. Besides they can circle most vehicles faster than the tank can rotate.  But I do try this as best I can.

 

But thanks for trying to help.



AnArmyofBun #87 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 12:42, said:

 

Inability is a broad word that does not cover the specifics to what causes it. Saying the inability of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 to fly, caused it to crash, but does not identify the problem or comes up with a solution. Yes, I know I do not have the ability to shoot these things. My gripe is here was a game I was at least somewhat competitive in all aspects. So I invested in it. Now WG changes it, so new skills are needed, ones that if I knew I would end up needing, I would never have invested in the game. Added to that, it is Unrealistic. Nothing can move that fast on the battlefield. And don't say "Its just an Arcade game". Once you open the door this much to unrealistic attributes, there's no stopping it. If you can 80kph cars that aren't affected by mud and somehow are more actuate on the move hen a tracked vehicle, then next there will be 80kph Mouses. If 80kph go Karts is fun, then 80kph Mouses must be tons o fun more. Next we'll see flying arty. Where does it end once you put in vehicles with such unrealistic attributes?

 

I never am zoomed in. I stay zoomed out as far as I can. I have to be aware as much as I can. I find that the zoom out is still too close for my comfort. I also found it is way hard to not get stuck on structures and rocks when zoomed in. 

 

I typically go into aiming view when aiming at enemies when not moving. Usually because I am zoomed out. Will try not to when fighting clown cars.

 

Do rotate hull with turret. Only way I can fight close with regular scouts. Even though I fail more than not with them, except in mediums. But my restarted brain can comprehend their speed unlike the clown cars.

 

At their speed, by they time you spotted them, they have hit you 2 times with he rounds that seem great at detracking or ammo racking you most of the time. This makes pointing front toward them impossible. Besides they can circle most vehicles faster than the tank can rotate.  But I do try this as best I can.

 

But thanks for trying to help.

 

You do understand that the clown cars only go 15-20 kph faster than a Batchat right?   They are more accurate on the move because that's what they're designed to do. They gave amazing gun handling but "bad" accuracy and an advanced auto aim.  You have to understand the pattern a player will typically make in a wheelie.  "He'll come back again."  If he's rushing past you and not being obliterated?  I dunno.  I tend to get blapped.

Mojo_Riesing #88 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18918 battles
  • 1,083
  • [ACATS] ACATS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

My gosh, so many ways to ruin the game!  

 

Yes, the wheelies CAN be annoying. Japanese super heavies are annoying, Soviet tanks with way too much armor are annoying.  Too many of the players, especially folks who THINK they are in command, are annoying.

 

Man, had no idea just how tough life was!



mbrolin #89 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 15:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32883 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:07, said:

 

You do understand that the clown cars only go 15-20 kph faster than a Batchat right?   They are more accurate on the move because that's what they're designed to do. They gave amazing gun handling but "bad" accuracy and an advanced auto aim.  You have to understand the pattern a player will typically make in a wheelie.  "He'll come back again."  If he's rushing past you and not being obliterated?  I dunno.  I tend to get blapped.

 

Yeah, that 15 to 20 Kph is huge. That's the difference between fuzzy stretched kinda based on realism to flat out ludicrous. If 15-20 kph is no big deal, imagine a Mouse, Type 5 heavy, T95 having 15 to 20 kph more speed. Even imagine a T54 or even a Leopard having that much more speed. They should definitely not have better on the move. The main purpose of tracks is a more stable platform while on the move. You can't have more accuracy on the move with a wheeled AFV versus a tracked AFV. If they have to be in the game, their main advantage should be outstanding camouflage, smaller and quieter.



AnArmyofBun #90 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 15:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 23 2019 - 07:15, said:

 

Yeah, that 15 to 20 Kph is huge. That's the difference between fuzzy stretched kinda based on realism to flat out ludicrous. If 15-20 kph is no big deal, imagine a Mouse, Type 5 heavy, T95 having 15 to 20 kph more speed. Even imagine a T54 or even a Leopard having that much more speed. They should definitely not have better on the move. The main purpose of tracks is a more stable platform while on the move. You can't have more accuracy on the move with a wheeled AFV versus a tracked AFV. If they have to be in the game, their main advantage should be outstanding camouflage, smaller and quieter.

 

Reduce the penetration, armor, hp, and dpm of those tanks and they'd be fine going faster.  You're forgetting that the wheeled lights have the worst DPM possible and the worst pen possible.  They trade that by being able to move. Even at tier 10 the EBR 105 can only maybe hit for 390 every 9-11 seconds depending on crew/gear.  If you're being murdered by something with dpm like that you're in a real bad situation to begin with.

mbrolin #91 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32883 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 14:36, said:

 

Reduce the penetration, armor, hp, and dpm of those tanks and they'd be fine going faster.  You're forgetting that the wheeled lights have the worst DPM possible and the worst pen possible.  They trade that by being able to move. Even at tier 10 the EBR 105 can only maybe hit for 390 every 9-11 seconds depending on crew/gear.  If you're being murdered by something with dpm like that you're in a real bad situation to begin with.

 

That DPM with AP or HE? Since Front Lines is fresh in my brain, its the scars from EBRs and Lynx's that is most vivid. EBRs DPM with AP or Premium is 1909 DPM , that is same or better than a lot of Tier 8 mediums. Use HE with their higher than normal pen and it goes to 2836. The Lynx does have lower DPM but, a much more devastating HE round. With how easy it is to flank with their speed, all your shots should be on the sides and back of vehicles. Plush I believe  the module/crew damage on these cars is much more then other HE rounds. Their HE rounds seem to damage/kill modules crew much more than even HE rounds from KVs and OIs. I think that is a hidden stat on them.



AnArmyofBun #92 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:14, said:

 

That DPM with AP or HE? Since Front Lines is fresh in my brain, its the scars from EBRs and Lynx's that is most vivid. EBRs DPM with AP or Premium is 1909 DPM , that is same or better than a lot of Tier 8 mediums. Use HE with their higher than normal pen and it goes to 2836. The Lynx does have lower DPM but, a much more devastating HE round. With how easy it is to flank with their speed, all your shots should be on the sides and back of vehicles. Plush I believe  the module/crew damage on these cars is much more then other HE rounds. Their HE rounds seem to damage/kill modules crew much more than even HE rounds from KVs and OIs. I think that is a hidden stat on them.

 

You can't really use HE DPM as actual DPM because you will not penetrate every HE shell.  If it nicks a track, spaced armor, or anyplace other than a flat surface with low armor you're getting vastly reduced damage.  I only use HE vs the rears of tanks I know have less than 90mm of armor and light tanks.  Even then it may hit a part that does 0-100 damage.  You can't "think" something is a hidden stat and use it as justification for a change because it's speculation.  If an HE shell penetrates, you lose crew and modules.  It's an explosive. 

 

The DPM on the wheeled vehicles is very low.  It has to be low.  The wheeled vehicles require often swapping of ammunition. 



Griffon327327 #93 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 85973 battles
  • 1,019
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

I did missions for the free ebr wheeled clown car .. did up to mission 9 broke down and paid $7.25 for the tier 8 light tank

 

hands down worst investment ever made ..had I got this for free would still be mad at all wasted time to get the clown car ... this wheeled tank promotes stupid run around no stretegy other then get people to try to shoot you whilst your team sits back and snipes them .. promotes stupid play and yolo tactics

 

wheeled tanks will spell the end of this game as people want to play tanks not mario cart



AnArmyofBun #94 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:33, said:

I did missions for the free ebr wheeled clown car .. did up to mission 9 broke down and paid $7.25 for the tier 8 light tank

 

hands down worst investment ever made ..had I got this for free would still be mad at all wasted time to get the clown car ... this wheeled tank promotes stupid run around no stretegy other then get people to try to shoot you whilst your team sits back and snipes them .. promotes stupid play and yolo tactics

 

wheeled tanks will spell the end of this game as people want to play tanks not mario cart

 

This is a good example of how not to play a light wheeled tank.  After your initial "spotting run" it's best to fall back and play like a mobile hellcat and wait for an opportunity to breach enemy lines.

mbrolin #95 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32883 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:18, said:

 

You can't really use HE DPM as actual DPM because you will not penetrate every HE shell.  If it nicks a track, spaced armor, or anyplace other than a flat surface with low armor you're getting vastly reduced damage.  I only use HE vs the rears of tanks I know have less than 90mm of armor and light tanks.  Even then it may hit a part that does 0-100 damage.  You can't "think" something is a hidden stat and use it as justification for a change because it's speculation.  If an HE shell penetrates, you lose crew and modules.  It's an explosive. 

 

The DPM on the wheeled vehicles is very low.  It has to be low.  The wheeled vehicles require often swapping of ammunition. 

 

And do you pen every shell with AP? So by that argument we couldn't use it either. As stated, from tanks.gg, the tier 8 EBR has DPM of 1909. That is equal or greater than most Tier 8 mediums. Centurian 5/1 = 1918, FV4202 = 1798, Lansen = 2176, Pershing = 1831, Panterra = 1877, Progetto = 1877, T-44-100 = 2085, Type 59 = 1862. So the EBR is pretty equal to mediums the same tier. Though the Lynx is lower, it is only ever so slightly lower. About the module damage is just stating my observations, not a justification, if you took it so, I am sorry. There are a lot of vehicle stats that are not published that gives fuel to many theories that other wise would be could be quashed. It would be nice to know if there is a difference between HE module damage potential between guns/tanks. Maybe lower caliber guns have more module damage because of lower overall damage to make sure they damage the tracks and normally have low penetration. Maybe unlike the other tanks with similar size guns firing HE, the cars HE module damage was unchanged even though they have much more pen. 

 

Maybe the other tiers, the dpm difference is much more dramatic, but not in tier 8 and that is where my experience is in.



Norseskald #96 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20388 battles
  • 293
  • [SKALD] SKALD
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Apr 17 2019 - 11:35, said:

It's not a tanks game anymore. Next year aircraft.

 

lol they tried that failed miserably 

Norseskald #97 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:50

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20388 battles
  • 293
  • [SKALD] SKALD
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 18:45, said:

 

My darling I used to play counter-strike when I was just a girl and my reflexes were far better than they are now.  I can't play fast FPS games anymore.  Not nearly like I could back when I was much younger.  I can't play games like PUBG or Apex.  I won't even try because I know I can't aim like I'd need to.  But I can do it in wot.  Wheelies don't aim any different than any other tank.  We can use the auto lock if we're circling but any tank can.  Even then I have to wait until I'm at a soft spot to fire.  Otherwise?  I'm just aiming like I'd aim in any other tank.

 

Your issue isn't "twitch" skill.  It's your own bad judgement of distance and lead.  Or adjusting to where you think the player may go.  I played one battle in my lynx non frontline last week and hit a EBR 70 3 times in a row.  It can be done, you can do it, you just have to keep trying. Wargaming hasn't taken anything away from you.  Just because they are harder to hit than a regular light or medium doesn't mean that's the only reason you miss. 

 

As someone who played a vast majority of her battles in heavy tanks?  I had to learn mediums. That took a while.  Light tanks are very hard for me and many others to play.  But I am deeply enjoying my french lights.

 

um they have an aim bot, but if you say you can aim when going 80k, please upload some videos, because ive been pened and hit several times by an ebr half way across the map as he was running around doing his quick scout. 

AnArmyofBun #98 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 11568 battles
  • 3,665
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostNorseskald, on Apr 23 2019 - 13:50, said:

 

um they have an aim bot, but if you say you can aim when going 80k, please upload some videos, because ive been pened and hit several times by an ebr half way across the map as he was running around doing his quick scout. 

 

Were you stationary?  Because there's a high chance if you're moving even at all they'll miss.  The auto assist lags behind moving targets.  So if an EBR is at range.  Move the direction they're going and the aim will lag behind.  I've hit shots on stationary targets in my lynx using auto while going 80.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users