WG, please go back to FL Season 1

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

theSparatan117 #1 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 07:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11137 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

Honestly the first iteration of Front lines back in ... Jan ... I think... maybe Feb... was so much more fun than this. People zipping around, shooting, not caring about their HP. 

Now it's Big Team Random Battle which might as well just be Grand Battles -- another failed experiment. 

I don't know what changes you made from 1st to now, but the fun has literally been sucked out... and it's no longer fun to play.... 

Why can't the developers just leave well enough alone... 

Garandster #2 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 08:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5992 battles
They haven't made any changes......*dramatic music*

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 09:21

Major

• Players
  • 24535 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostGarandster, on Apr 16 2019 - 22:57, said:

They changed some parts of the map to make it easier for the attacking team (even though it was already easy if the teach actually worked together)

Now I've seen more solo/two-player capped bases and complete curb-stomping games that I don't even want to plat the mode any more. Teams care more about winning then they actually care about farming rank. If there is 10 minutes still left on the clock and you only need to destroy one for objective, for the love of **** stop shooting the objectives! 

A win with captain pays a whole lot less than a loss as a general. 

P.S. Op was talking about frontline season 1, but the newer rendition... They did make quite a few changes. 

Killer0431 #4 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 09:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15244 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
Nothing changed outside of the mindset you have going into battle now.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #5 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 10:27

Major

• Players
  • 16769 battles

Bring back the original map.  The new changes favor the attack team too much.

VooDooKobra #6 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 12:35

Major

• Players
  • 9871 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 17 2019 - 01:21, said:

They changed some parts of the map to make it easier for the attacking team (even though it was already easy if the teach actually worked together)

Now I've seen more solo/two-player capped bases and complete curb-stomping games that I don't even want to plat the mode any more. Teams care more about winning then they actually care about farming rank. If there is 10 minutes still left on the clock and you only need to destroy one for objective, for the love of **** stop shooting the objectives! 

A win with captain pays a whole lot less than a loss as a general. 

P.S. Op was talking about frontline season 1, but the newer rendition... They did make quite a few changes. 

i am curious though is people farming rank and artificially extending games played a role in the changes.  if they see games going on long that might have been incentive to make any changes they did since it looks like the attacking teams are having a hard time to those not in the battle

RHeadshot #7 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 12:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5458 battles

View PostGarandster, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:57, said:

They've added clown cars.

moogleslam #8 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 45746 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Haven't noticed any changes between seasons.

Doublenut #9 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14375 battles
Same issues in pubs as in frontlines. The same names you will see over and over. They will not attack or defend, have no interest in advancing the team. That is fun? I just do not understand the point. Am I missing something here?

Jryder #10 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

View PostDoublenut, on Apr 17 2019 - 06:26, said:

Same issues in pubs as in frontlines. The same names you will see over and over. They will not attack or defend, have no interest in advancing the team. That is fun? I just do not understand the point. Am I missing something here?

Most games I've been in land somewhere in between what you suggest and the Wheelie Race to Instant Victory variety. 

It's actually pretty interesting. Peoples instinct is to try and win. It is easy to get caught up in the flow and push forward to victory once the adrenaline gets pumping. It is counter-intuitive to NOT try and win, to simply stagnate and look for shots (what you suggest)...but that is exactly how one achieves the actual goal of the game (Prestige lvl 10, 2 free tanks).

Every battle isn't great, but they tend to be somewhat mixed in type. Honestly, I'd rather play the type of game that you suggest than the Wheelie auto-win anyday. At least you wind up advancing toward the actual goal rather than scoring low but gaining the completely pointless "Win".

SporkBoy #11 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 47514 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Winning is fine put first maximize the time on the clock and maximize dmg, etc to get ranked up. A win at general is the sweetest pleasure. Three in a row such games is a sublime indulgence.

Getting general and using only one tank is my goal (so far only got it with two ... baby steps).

Altwar #12 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 58294 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 17 2019 - 00:21, said:

Even though I agree that your notion here is the correct one, if I am in a position to knock out an objective and end the battle rather early, I will do it.  If I really want to farm, I will go in my backyard and tend to my raised garden bed.  :teethhappy:  In game farming is rather dull IMO.

That being said, I've groaned more than once when a battle ends early and I've only made it to Lieutenant or worse, Sergeant.  It's like c'mooooon, I didn't really get going yet!

Anublister #13 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:25

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:21, said:

Teams care more about winning then they actually care about farming rank. 

A farming advocate. Shame on you. Why don't you go steal some candy from babies in your spare time.

:sceptic:

I_QQ_4_U #14 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 22518 battles
I have not noticed any difference. Stikes might have been nerfed a bit but they still ruin what otherwise is a good game mode.

commander42 #15 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 26837 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

wheeled vehicles happened.  They are so freaking OP in that mode.

Other problems:
1. balance between attack/defend- attack has a massive advantage in the mode
2. balance between tanks/classes- the worst classes for the mode(heavies) get the least consumables for the mode.  That makes no sense.  Meanwhile lights are already OP and they get THREE.
3. they need to provide a larger rank bonus for destroying/protecting the objectives.  I wish I could tk the people who say to "let them cap" or after you have already capped everything to "not destroy the objectives".  Right now the ranking system partially incentives their horrible play.

moogleslam #16 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 45746 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostAnublister, on Apr 17 2019 - 13:25, said:

A farming advocate. Shame on you. Why don't you go steal some candy from babies in your spare time.

Farming is how you succeed in this mode and get your free tanks.  Winning does nothing for that.

ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 74377 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PosttheSparatan117, on Apr 17 2019 - 01:38, said:

Honestly the first iteration of Front lines back in ... Jan ... I think... maybe Feb... was so much more fun than this. 

I disagree.  Heavily.  the first iteration was world of artillery, stun, and airstrike+artillery strike focus.  the unsympathetic response from the griefer crowd was, "where'd the bad arty touch you".

so, in that similar vein, "where'd the bad wheelie touch you?"

Stevenwt #18 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 21:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles
Honestly I prefer shooting the other teams tanks, they shoot back. the Turrets are just big dumb buildings that swing around randomly, seriously you might as well shoot a building on a normal map.

Edited by Stevenwt, Apr 17 2019 - 21:51.

theSparatan117 #19 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 22:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11137 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

The greatest thing about this mode is the revive and the ability to repair. However, because everyone likes to sit and turtle, both of those mechanics are pretty much pointless. 

The literal whole point of this game mode is that you can throw caution to the wind and dive in shooting anything that moves. Because the majority of people are only in it for the XP and getting general, more people are inclined to sit and farm damage than jump in and go wild. They choose tanks that can't be penned easily and sit hull down until the cap is about to be taken then rush the people sitting on cap and repeat. 

WG definitely made changes

Revive time was increased by at least 15 seconds
Time for next re-enforcement was increased by at least 1 minute
Time to repair was increased from like 25 seconds to ... I forget but it's definitely not quick anymore. It's also longer to unlock after repairing. 

The time it takes to unlock a tank which has been destroyed has also been increased.

These aren't changes to make game play more fluid and fun, these are meant to slow people down and knock people out of the fight. You can respawn for a reason... this game mode should NOT be played where you only have one life to live. You should be focused on getting as many kills as possible in an all out fur-ball. 

If you wanna sit and face hug your way to victory, Random Battles is a click away... but leave the fun game mode alone... If it's going to take me over a minute to come back ... what's the point of letting you respawn? 

TA_Reaper #20 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 22:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 40144 battles
What used to be enjoyable verses total slaughter one sided random battles has now gone downhill with nothing but suck [edited]clown cars running around in and out of spawn point and cap zone auto aiming and never missing a shot. IF you hit one, it just keeps on going, does not slow down, does not flip over, does not stop to remount a wheel like a tracked vehicle does. WOT you make one thing enjoyable and then FRACK it up as usual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users