• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 13:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 31615 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

I've been manufacturing my pub wins lately, so Wargaming has been compensating by giving me all the new or inexperienced players in Front Lines which is fine by me.  However, please remember that the GOAL of Front Lines is to MAKE IT LAST long enough so you can rank up.  Doing damage, spotting, etc. is ALL THAT MATTERS because there is no benefit to winning or losing if the game ends too quickly.

So, you're holding C and the cap time is running out?..LET THEM HAVE C and EXTEND THE TIME.  Time is your only friend in Front Lines, so make it last whether you're on Attack or Defense.  General pays 1,200 whether you WIN or LOSE so try to make that every time and stop worrying about getting that last pill box destroyed.  If F still hasn't been taken, focus on doing that instead of taking out #3.

Ideally, we'd all gather around the recharge zones for a truce and take turns shooting each other down to one shots, rinse and repeat.  Yeah, that would be against the "spirit" of the game, but this has become such a grind anyway, a little help every now and then would be nice.

Good luck out there!

__WarChild__

F1O1 #2 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 13:54

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

5 people defending 5 coast gun turrets across 1500m, with D  &  E already lost....

20 guys still piling up on C, which by now has 3 people attacking, 1 being Arty

Sounds right. Go teamwork .

ManOwar__ #3 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 13:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 25917 battles
  • [TIDDY] TIDDY
I think more people are finally beginning to understand this fortunately. My 5 games yesterday all took the longest amount of time possible with multiple people in chat encouraging others to ignore objectives and focus on killing tanks. I managed to get General all games I played, so hopefully today will yield the same results!

mlinke #4 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 13:57

Captain

• Players
  • 52953 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I hate idiots in clown cars going for turrets with only one line open and killing them all. 

RHeadshot #5 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5490 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 17 2019 - 13:42, said:

Howdy Tankers,

I've been manufacturing my pub wins lately, so Wargaming has been compensating by giving me all the new or inexperienced players in Front Lines which is fine by me.  However, please remember that the GOAL of Front Lines is to MAKE IT LAST long enough so you can rank up.  Doing damage, spotting, etc. is ALL THAT MATTERS because there is no benefit to winning or losing if the game ends too quickly.

So, you're holding C and the cap time is running out?..LET THEM HAVE C and EXTEND THE TIME.  Time is your only friend in Front Lines, so make it last whether you're on Attack or Defense.  General pays 1,200 whether you WIN or LOSE so try to make that every time and stop worrying about getting that last pill box destroyed.  If F still hasn't been taken, focus on doing that instead of taking out #3.

Ideally, we'd all gather around the recharge zones for a truce and take turns shooting each other down to one shots, rinse and repeat.  Yeah, that would be against the "spirit" of the game, but this has become such a grind anyway, a little help every now and then would be nice.

Good luck out there!

__WarChild__

That's YOUR goal.  Some people actually play games to win, not to earn fancy, fake pixel rewards.  The large number of people who agree with you is why many people think this mode is a joke.

Edited by RHeadshot, Apr 17 2019 - 14:02.

Slammed98Chevy #6 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67634 battles
If YOUR goal is to WIN headshot,stay in pubs.

PuddleSplasher #7 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 38945 battles

I openly admit I still don't have a clue what Frontline is all about.

Slag me off all you want because I will bet there are many players out there wondering the exact same thing.

ie: Defend C, so I defend C and my team all run off elsewhere.

Attack E: my team are no where to be seen but the enemy are all at the back where the turrets are.

Right! enough of my whinging.

I have just played 3 full games of FL and lost 300,000 creds but thats nothing in terms of the creds that I hold.

Can anyone therefore explain in easy terms how I get to play my 2nd and 3rd tank without having to disconnect and then reconnect in order that I can play my next tank?

Then! if you want to PM me with some friendly advice on how to achieve some credits on FL then I politely ask that you do so. Better still why not POLITELY!!! (we dont want the trolls) do it here?

Many thanks if you have read this far.

PS: I did once make major.

For those that like a wee joke, It was in the Army Catering Corp..................... Major Breakfast, Major lunch and Major evening meal, my cap badge was a kettle. :facepalm:

Edited by PuddleSplasher, Apr 17 2019 - 14:30.

TwixOps #8 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 51637 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:42, said:

-snip-

Incorrect.  The goal of the frontline is to win.  

I suppose you play4fun too.  

GenPanzer #9 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:36

Major

• Players
  • 44584 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:25, said:

I openly admit I still don't have a clue what Frontline is all about.

Slag me off all you want because I will bet there are many players out there wondering the exact same thing.

ie: Defend C, so I defend C and my team all run off elsewhere.

Attack E: my team are no where to be seen but the enemy are all at the back where the turrets are.

Right! enough of my whinging.

I have just played 3 full games of FL and lost 300,000 creds but thats nothing in terms of the creds that I hold.

Can anyone therefore explain in easy terms how I get to play my 2nd and 3rd tank without having to disconnect and then reconnect in order that I can play my next tank?

Then! if you want to PM me with some friendly advice on how to achieve some credits on FL then I politely ask that you do so. Better still why not POLITELY!!! (we dont want the trolls) do it here?

Many thanks if you have read this far.

PS: I did once make major.

For those that like a wee joke, It was in the Army Catering Corp..................... Major Breakfast, Major lunch and Major evening meal, my cap badge was a kettle. :facepalm:

The point of FL is to rank up in each battle to General, by capping, de-capping, damaging enemy tanks, killing enemy tanks, and spotting/tracking enemy tanks for others to shoot and/or kill. Fighting on the caps will get you more points than fighting between caps, or spawn camping to deny advancement.

If you want to play other tanks, either die, then pick your next tank, or hold the "J" key until  you explode, then pick your next tank.

As far as credits go, do damage and try to do it with as little premium rounds fired.

GenPanzer #10 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:37

Major

• Players
  • 44584 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:35, said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

TwixOps #11 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 51637 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:37, said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

And yet, I'm not.  

Funny, that.  

GenPanzer #12 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 44584 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:42, said:

And yet, I'm not.  

Funny, that.  

Ah, but you are. You just don't know it yet. Actually I can prove it. What's your win rate in FL?

PuddleSplasher #13 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 38945 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 13:36, said:

If you want to play other tanks, either die, then pick your next tank, or hold the "J" key until  you explode, then pick your next tank.

+1 for that nugget of info.

Many thanks. :P

xrays_ #14 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 52161 battles

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:35, said:

Sadly, in this respect, you are incorrect.

Seeing as there is no lasting benefit to actually winning a match in Frontline mode, WarChild is spot on with his assessment. If WartGaming had given a 20% bonus to rank points for winning then the whole mode would be different, but they didn't. Winning does nothing for you, except maybe a few more credits. But, realistically, you shouldn't be losing credits even in a loss, unless you're spamming Premium shells (totally useless).

Frontline is a game mode designed simply for earning ranks and thus earning tanks. Anything more is entertainment. Play the game, don't be worried about winning.

x.

Sgt_King_Gunner #15 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27168 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

I’m glad there are people out there to tell me why I play video games. What would I do otherwise?

When I started this season I thought, “hey the goal is to spend hundreds of hours trying to get a pixel tank that at best is worth a few 10s of $$”. I hated it and played poorly. 

Now I’m playing front lines as the only mode I really like. And doing well. 

Silly me. I thought that using my free time to have fun made sense. But now I know better. Thanks OP!  I’ll get back to grinding and hating on my team. With luck I can get a few cents an hour in virtual goods!!!

TwixOps #16 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 51637 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:55, said:

Ah, but you are. You just don't know it yet. Actually I can prove it. What's your win rate in FL?

1.  I'm still not... doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, you're still wrong.  

2.  My individual winrate has no effect on the fact that winning is the only thing that matters.

3.  You know as well as I do that statistics in frontline are not tracked.  

Sgt_King_Gunner #17 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27168 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostSlammed98Chevy, on Apr 17 2019 - 14:24, said:

If YOUR goal is to WIN headshot,stay in pubs.

Yeah. Go back to pubs. Frontline isn’t public. 

Oh. Wait....

TwixOps #18 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 51637 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View Postxrays_, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:57, said:

Sadly, in this respect, you are incorrect.

Seeing as there is no lasting benefit to actually winning a match in Frontline mode, WarChild is spot on with his assessment. If WartGaming had given a 20% bonus to rank points for winning then the whole mode would be different, but they didn't. Winning does nothing for you, except maybe a few more credits. But, realistically, you shouldn't be losing credits even in a loss, unless you're spamming Premium shells (totally useless).

Frontline is a game mode designed simply for earning ranks and thus earning tanks. Anything more is entertainment. Play the game, don't be worried about winning.

x.

Of course there's a lasting benefit... you are comfortable in the knowledge that you won and the other team lost.  Why would anyone ever want a greater reward for that?  

Frontline is a game mode designed simply for making the other team lose while you win.  Anything more is superfluous.  Win the game, don't be worried about metagaming.  

y. 

GenPanzer #19 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 44584 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:06, said:

1.  I'm still not... doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, you're still wrong.  

2.  My individual winrate has no effect on the fact that winning is the only thing that matters.

And those are the reasons  why winning or losing does not mean anything. Your provided no proof that winning matters at all.

No one will be able to ever tout how great they are at FL because they win all the time. No one will be able to prove to anyone that they are the best player ever in FL. If you don't win the 2 new premium tanks offered in FL, nobody would even know if you ever played FL. So win all you want. Fail to get a tank. And nobody will ever know. That sounds like you play for fun.

Sgt_King_Gunner #20 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27168 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 15:06, said:

Its amusing that stat shamers can’t look up stats for Frontline. 

Winrate is what matters. For you. For some people it’s about the “lasting effect” of virtual goods. And hating hundreds of hours of their lives getting that pixel tank for “free”. 

For some people games and the internet are here to express some sort of superiority. Doesn’t sound like fun. But then again I’m happy being good at what I do in real life. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users