Jump to content


Front Lines Goal = BIG PAYOFF!


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Sgt_King_Gunner #21 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 27167 battles
  • 1,506
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    04-01-2015

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 15:11, said:

 

And those are the reasons  why winning or losing does not mean anything. Your provided no proof that winning matters at all.

 

No one will be able to ever tout how great they are at FL because they win all the time. No one will be able to prove to anyone that they are the best player ever in FL. If you don't win the 2 new premium tanks offered in FL, nobody would even know if you ever played FL. So win all you want. Fail to get a tank. And nobody will ever know. That sounds like you play for fun.

 

Dude. This is really sad. I mean that sincerely. 

 

I will I’ll know I had fun in frontlines. Until I don’t care anymore about this game and I will forget it. I don’t care if strangers in a game know I “won” some prize. 

 

Edit to add:

 

my applogies. If this is fun for you. Do it. It has zero appeal for me. 


Edited by Sgt_King_Gunner, Apr 17 2019 - 15:20.


GenPanzer #22 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 44574 battles
  • 3,636
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostSgt_King_Gunner, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:17, said:

 

Dude. This is really sad. I mean that sincerely. 

 

I will I’ll know I had fun in frontlines. Until I don’t care anymore about this game and I will forget it. I don’t care if strangers in a game know I “won” some prize. 

 

Yet, you wear that signature well. My point is players care about win rates, yet they are not kept in FL. So why care if you win or lose? Instead care about having fun and gaining as many ranks during a battle, regardless of winning or losing.

TwixOps #23 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 51637 battles
  • 4,545
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 10:11, said:

 

And those are the reasons  why winning or losing does not mean anything. Your provided no proof that winning matters at all.

 

No one will be able to ever tout how great they are at FL because they win all the time. No one will be able to prove to anyone that they are the best player ever in FL. If you don't win the 2 new premium tanks offered in FL, nobody would even know if you ever played FL. So win all you want. Fail to get a tank. And nobody will ever know. That sounds like you play for fun.

 

You have it exactly backwards, those are the reasons that winning is the only thing that matters.  You have provided no proof to the contrary.  

 

Why would anyone ever want to tout how "great they are at FL"?  Don't tout it, show it by winning.  No one cares who the best player in frontline is, they'll just know that when they are on the same team they're probably going to win.  

 

Doesn't matter how many times you dent it,  winning is the only thing that matters.  Anything else is play4fun

 



GenPanzer #24 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 44574 battles
  • 3,636
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:20, said:

 

You have it exactly backwards, those are the reasons that winning is the only thing that matters.  You have provided no proof to the contrary.  

 

Why would anyone ever want to tout how "great they are at FL"?  Don't tout it, show it by winning.  No one cares who the best player in frontline is, they'll just know that when they are on the same team they're probably going to win.  

 

Doesn't matter how many times you respond,  winning is the only thing that matters.  Anything else is play4fun

 

 

My proof is that there is no where to find anyone's win rates in FL. Let me ask you this then? Do you care if you win or lose in a training room? It does have the same ending messages as FL; Victory/Defeat. FL is a training room with perks. That's it.

 

So my proof that winning or losing does not matter in FL is...

1. No FL win rates exists for anyone.

2. It's a training room with perks.

3. Those perks are based on ranking up, not winning a damn thing.

 

Is FL fun? Sure. Is winning fun? Sure. But what's greater; winning with a captain rank, or losing with a General rank? I will bet you a million dollars, the vast majority will pick losing with a General rank.



TwixOps #25 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 51637 battles
  • 4,545
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 10:29, said:

 

My proof is that there is no where to find anyone's win rates in FL. Let me ask you this then? Do you care if you win or lose in a training room? It does have the same ending messages as FL; Victory/Defeat. FL is a training room with perks. That's it.

 

So my proof that winning or losing does not matter in FL is...

1. No FL win rates exists for anyone.

2. It's a training room with perks.

3. Those perks are based on ranking up, not winning a damn thing.

 

Is FL fun? Sure. Is winning fun? Sure. But what's greater; winning with a captain rank, or losing with a General rank? I will bet you a million dollars, the vast majority will pick losing with a General rank.

 

The fact that there's no way to find anyones winrate is meaningless, front line is not a training room (why would anyone ever play training rooms anyway?) Frontline is a battle, a battle that you can either win or lose.  If you win, you win and if you lose, you lose.  

 

Beyond that, nothing else matters and your adamant denial can never change that fact.  



Sgt_King_Gunner #26 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:39

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 27167 battles
  • 1,506
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    04-01-2015

View PostGenPanzer, on Apr 17 2019 - 15:20, said:

 

Yet, you wear that signature well. My point is players care about win rates, yet they are not kept in FL. So why care if you win or lose? Instead care about having fun and gaining as many ranks during a battle, regardless of winning or losing.

 

I added the signature back when recruiting for the clan. Because people join training clans to improve and seeing that people improve on stats helps. One of the the messages I’ve had in training is: don’t play someone else’s game. That helps with the greater goal: don’t live someone else’s idea of a good life. 

 

So—Good. You know what makes the game fill your needs. Your goals. Yours.

 

if you think your goals are the only ones and that the rest of us are here to help you in your goals, accept disappointment. 

 

But it to be frank: many people play games and troll the internet because they want to be angry at others. I personally find that sad. But if it’s your goal do that. But maybe someday back up and ask bigger questions about why you do things. 


Edited by Sgt_King_Gunner, Apr 17 2019 - 15:40.


__WarChild__ #27 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31580 battles
  • 5,678
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Guys, I apologize for my post.  I should have stated that MY GOAL is to MAKE IT LAST.  Some of you are absolutely right that the goal "should be winning" since this is a game.  My goal with Season 1 was TO WIN because playing well got you advanced far enough without having to "grind it out."  However, FOR ME, this kind of Front Lines GRIND is not that much fun.  Again, I'm talking about FOR ME.


To me, this is a mildly entertaining GRIND that gets old because I have to work so hard so many times for very little progress at the end of each Tier.  If I could get to the end quicker, then I'd play for fun/credits and I'd try to win every game.  But if you win every game as quick as you can, it takes 10 times longer to get through the GRIND part.

 

My goal is to GET THE REWARDS, not win games that don't count or don't matter.  So, for me, I want to make it last and earn cool stuff for free.

 

You all have valid opinions, so don't disrespect each other over the differing opinions.  People have different reasons to play this game and come from different backgrounds, ages, etc.  So be nice.  No reason not to be.


GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!

 

__WarChild__



GenPanzer #28 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 44574 battles
  • 3,636
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:36, said:

 

The fact that there's no way to find anyones winrate is meaningless, front line is not a training room (why would anyone ever play training rooms anyway?) Frontline is a battle, a battle that you can either win or lose.  If you win, you win and if you lose, you lose.  

 

Beyond that, nothing else matters and your adamant denial can never change that fact.  

 

This like having a religious discussion. I am done. I cannot continue to have a discussion with someone that wants to ignore facts, never provide any of his own, and relies completely on feels as his justification. Good luck to you.

Bad_Oedipus #29 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:44

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 45238 battles
  • 1,597
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
I was in a game where attacking force managed to capture zone B and that was it.  No Generals or majors on either team.  I'm sure that SPG players that were waiting to play for and hour were tickled. 

Bad_Oedipus #30 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 45238 battles
  • 1,597
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
In my not so humble opinion, they should give rank experience bonuses to winning team.  If attackers can't take a single zone, all defenders should be [edited] Generals... roughly. 

GenPanzer #31 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 44574 battles
  • 3,636
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostSgt_King_Gunner, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:39, said:

 

I added the signature back when recruiting for the clan. Because people join training clans to improve and seeing that people improve on stats helps. One of the the messages I’ve had in training is: don’t play someone else’s game. That helps with the greater goal: don’t live someone else’s idea of a good life. 

 

So—Good. You know what makes the game fill your needs. Your goals. Yours.

 

if you think your goals are the only ones and that the rest of us are here to help you in your goals, accept disappointment. 

 

But it to be frank: many people play games and troll the internet because they want to be angry at others. I personally find that sad. But if it’s your goal do that. But maybe someday back up and ask bigger questions about why you do things. 

 

I'm not sure if the final paragraph was directed to me personally, or if it was a general statement. For the record, I am not angry. I am not trolling. I thought I was having an engaging conversation where both sides were trying to change the minds of the others and how they approached this mode. It is a forum, with a subject afterall.

 

Anyway, back to the discussion. I am trying to convince anyone that is open minded to see the game mode for what it was for, and that is to rank up to unlock and get premium tanks for free. I would have thought that was the shared goal of everyone that played that mode.

 

I can honestly tell you, that if there were no free goodies at the end of the road, I would not be playing that mode nearly as much, if at all. I have a feeling WG knows this is the general consensus of it's playerbase and therefore to entice more to participate, they put free goodies in the mix. I mean every mode in this game has incentives. Only some count winning as one of them. FL is not one of them.



Sgt_King_Gunner #32 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 27167 battles
  • 1,506
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    04-01-2015
My apologies for making it seem like my statement was directed at you personally. I saw that in the phrasing but was in a rush

LeaveIT2Beaver #33 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostSlammed98Chevy, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:24, said:

If YOUR goal is to WIN headshot,stay in pubs.

 

Let me help Slammed98Chevy .... No headcase,  PLEASE go to FL and stay there. We do not need  whining TK physics abusers in randoms

Edited by PepperidgeFarmGuy, Apr 17 2019 - 16:23.


Devildog8 #34 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 11075 battles
  • 7,566
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 17 2019 - 08:40, said:

Guys, I apologize for my post.  I should have stated that MY GOAL is to MAKE IT LAST.  Some of you are absolutely right that the goal "should be winning" since this is a game.  My goal with Season 1 was TO WIN because playing well got you advanced far enough without having to "grind it out."  However, FOR ME, this kind of Front Lines GRIND is not that much fun.  Again, I'm talking about FOR ME.


To me, this is a mildly entertaining GRIND that gets old because I have to work so hard so many times for very little progress at the end of each Tier.  If I could get to the end quicker, then I'd play for fun/credits and I'd try to win every game.  But if you win every game as quick as you can, it takes 10 times longer to get through the GRIND part.

 

My goal is to GET THE REWARDS, not win games that don't count or don't matter.  So, for me, I want to make it last and earn cool stuff for free.

 

You all have valid opinions, so don't disrespect each other over the differing opinions.  People have different reasons to play this game and come from different backgrounds, ages, etc.  So be nice.  No reason not to be.


GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!

 

__WarChild__

 

See what you started War?  :P

heavymetal1967 #35 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 71973 battles
  • 21,482
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

I get that some folks are playing this mode just for the fun of it.  Or some to win as their main/only focus for that matter.

 

Outside of those folks others are playing it for either the rewards or to grind a line, crew or silver.

 

Sadly most of the player base don't realize there's a map much less a respawn and time strategy or farming potential to be exploited.  And that likely includes a large portion of FL players that aren't playing it for fun or just to win.

 

Except for the folks playing the mode for the fun of it or just to win all the other folks are better served by farming the mode and extending the time.  Plus rank gives a bonus to xp.

 

Especially if you're grinding the rewards/rank.  Heavies that sit back when a legitimate cap or reset is going on have no clue.  By legitimate I mean one that has a good chance of working.  That is where you rank fast.  Get in the cap and shoot cappers, better yet if you're running Inspire you'll stall cap.  You may get blown to hell, but you'll get defense points and rank fast.  Besides you'll respawn.

 

Also damaging or destroying tanks within 150m of the turrets (objectives) gives defense points.  Look at the badge description as I may be wrong on the distance.

 

If you're on attack blowing up the turrets isn't where the prestige/rank is gathered.  It's from capping.  The players that know this (if there's enough on a team) won't go straight up their zone and destroy the objectives.  They'll crossover and help cap the other zones first.

 

Smart defenders will let them cap when the time's about to run out to extend it.  They'll also let them close enough to the turrets to get that prestige xp instead of blowing them to hell before they get within that distance. 

 

 



WaywardChild #36 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38150 battles
  • 1,238
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013

Great thread, great discussion and thank you all. I've hated FL because like some, my goal was teamwork and winning. That failed thus I became frustrated and quit. I'm now going to try and look at it the other way, to do damage and "Rank up". I don't think it will be easy for me to change my mind set. in my heart I believe we play games for one reason, to win. Which then asks the question, "What is winning?". Knowing in your heart that you and your team bested the competition, or that you just received the trophy? Personally, I'm not really into a  "Participation Trophy" but I'm going to try. It might just make me a better player overall. 



__WarChild__ #37 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31580 battles
  • 5,678
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on Apr 17 2019 - 09:28, said:

 

See what you started War?  :P

 

IKR!!

 

I enjoy the back and forth though - whether it's on point or not.

 

To me, Front Lines is made for someone who knows how to create a bot.  If I could run FL in the background with a bot that could get me to Lieutenant every game, then THAT would be awesome.  When I actually wanted to play, I'd log back in and see my progress and credits and it'd make me smile.  Luckily, I don't know the first thing about bots, how they work, or more importantly, how to make them.  Otherwise, I'd be tempted just to get through the grind.  :trollface:

 

PS - my 1 FL game today I was one shot away from making Captain with 9 1/2 minutes to go, C hadn't been captured, and my team destroyed the 3rd Pillbox.  No one on my team made it to General.  But yeah!!  We won!!! :sceptic:



Altwar #38 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 58299 battles
  • 5,231
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Its because Frontlines is more of a farming mode than a typical win/loss game that I find it rather dull and not so appealing.

 

Why I will still play it a couple of times per FL week is that it is fun to take my FV4202/T25 Pilot/Type 59 lineup and really roam and flex all over the map to different battle points rather than get stuck at the same ole dueling locations in random battles.  I take chances and try moves and techniques I wouldn't normally do in a random battle.  If I do something that backfires on me and get smashed, I get to respawn in short order.  This way I learn more about my tanks and it doesn't really impact the outcome of the battle because the outcome doesn't really matter either.



RHeadshot #39 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 22:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5468 battles
  • 1,160
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostSlammed98Chevy, on Apr 17 2019 - 14:24, said:

If YOUR goal is to WIN headshot,stay in pubs.

 

No worries.  I don't play games where there is no point in trying to win.

RHeadshot #40 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 22:16

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5468 battles
  • 1,160
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostTwixOps, on Apr 17 2019 - 15:06, said:

 

1.  I'm still not... doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, you're still wrong. 

2.  My individual winrate has no effect on the fact that winning is the only thing that matters.

3.  You know as well as I do that statistics in frontline are not tracked. 

 

Actually, it's completely why this mode blows.  Let's spend hours playing a game to just boost fake pixel rewards.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users