Front Lines (and anything else really) needs an incentive to win

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Incentives to win (21 members have cast votes)

Do you agree

1. Agree (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. Do not agree (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

latvius #1 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33970 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

WG you need to give a bonus to the winners, anything (mode, award, event, etc..) in this game should give a bonus to the members of the winning team.  Without this incentive players will do what is best to accomplish the particular goal with winning being a side perk.  Just look at 3 marks, missions, FL.  All these things should have winning in the equation, not necessarily a requirement but a bonus.  Take the block damage missions (which are hated by most), make it x3 your HP if you lose, but x2HP if you win.  So instead of players driving out into the middle of the field to try and get shot at enough to bounce the requirement and being of limit contribution to winning, they could play to win and have a more reasonable chance of completing the mission as long as the team won.  It would go a long way to help players move towards a common goal

This game is about winning right?  

Bad_Oedipus #2 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 45613 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
At least give bonus towards Rank, so winners have more generals and majors

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View Postlatvius, on Apr 17 2019 - 14:28, said:

WG you need to give a bonus to the winners, anything (mode, award, event, etc..) in this game should give a bonus to the members of the winning team.  Without this incentive players will do what is best to accomplish the particular goal with winning being a side perk.  Just look at 3 marks, missions, FL.  All these things should have winning in the equation, not necessarily a requirement but a bonus.  Take the block damage missions (which are hated by most), make it x3 your HP if you lose, but x2HP if you win.  So instead of players driving out into the middle of the field to try and get shot at enough to bounce the requirement and being of limit contribution to winning, they could play to win and have a more reasonable chance of completing the mission as long as the team won.  It would go a long way to help players move towards a common goal

Games are supposed to be played to have fun.

Yes, winning usually increases the "fun" factor. But I've had plenty of "games" that were losses that immensely more fun than many wins.

As for the rest of your mutterings:

• FL - winning teams still get an XP and Credit bonus. However, the biggest bonuses in FL come from gaining ranks which give XP multipliers and speed you through the Prestige Levels.
  • 3-marks - IMO, players in the process of attempting to 3-mark a tank are probably contributing more to winning a game than their teammates. In order to get the 3rd mark, they have to be doing a lot of damage and/or assisted damage.
  • Missions - any mission requiring a "win", IMO, is the worst. You can't control what those other 14 players on your team are going to do. I've been amazed to see how experienced some players are at "Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory!". 

However, I do think you may actually have a valid idea with the "double-sided" missions. It could be similar to the way the last two marathons were but with "Victory" and "Defeat" requirements instead of "Mastery" and "Commitment". Maybe you should make a different thread strictly with that idea. Don't throw in all that other garbage.

stevezaxx #4 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:38

Captain

• Players
  • 39574 battles
  • [COD] COD

Yes give a bonus for winning, but still give something for NOT winning. And in frontline, I hate the "RANKS"!!! How many times have you gotten just ONE pen from the next rank? And all that goes in the hole when the battle end!I

mlinke #5 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 16:49

Captain

• Players
  • 53042 battles
3 games in a row, idiots go to kill objectives 8 min before clock runs out. Even after 10 messages while they started, noone cared, they just went on. Almost the whole team ended up with lieutenant. People are so stupid and ruin the game. No point in spending time to play fl to get nothing because there are 20 idiots on your team.

latvius #6 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33970 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Apr 17 2019 - 16:34, said:

Games are supposed to be played to have fun.

Yes, winning usually increases the "fun" factor. But I've had plenty of "games" that were losses that immensely more fun than many wins.

As for the rest of your mutterings:

• FL - winning teams still get an XP and Credit bonus. However, the biggest bonuses in FL come from gaining ranks which give XP multipliers and speed you through the Prestige Levels.
  • 3-marks - IMO, players in the process of attempting to 3-mark a tank are probably contributing more to winning a game than their teammates. In order to get the 3rd mark, they have to be doing a lot of damage and/or assisted damage.
  • Missions - any mission requiring a "win", IMO, is the worst. You can't control what those other 14 players on your team are going to do. I've been amazed to see how experienced some players are at "Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory!". 

However, I do think you may actually have a valid idea with the "double-sided" missions. It could be similar to the way the last two marathons were but with "Victory" and "Defeat" requirements instead of "Mastery" and "Commitment". Maybe you should make a different thread strictly with that idea. Don't throw in all that other garbage.

Firstly why do you feel the need to insult people?  Never mind I don't care, might be something you should reflect on though.

As for your "opinions" - FL first I have heard you get a xp bonus for winning, in fact I have hear nothing but the opposite. 

3 marks - probably and is are two different things

Missions - I specifically said not necessarily a requirement as most would agree this is unpopular and WG has already taken notice.

Again with the insults, when you insult people it takes away from what you are trying to say.

Garandster #7 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

No. Frontlines isn't about winning and that's nice to have for once. The game mode is about ranking up for prestige or farming damage for credits or XP for grinding tanks/crews. There is a bonus for winning which is noticeable, but performing well as an individual rewards you enough to make up for losing. Tbh with the poor balance & 30 player teams, if it wasn't for the fact that my individual performance kept the earnings up I would have left the mode for randoms after the first few battles.

As for the missions they already have quite a few that have the honors locked by winning (or surviving which generally means winning, especially for heavies) so winning does get you a "bonus". The missions I don't feel need to be made easier by winning. Except for the block missions, I haven't had many issues with the campaign missions.

As for 3 marks, absolutely not. Three marking is hard enough as is with teams that can fold in 5 minutes, you would drive people mad if they now had to deal with having to carry everyone constantly while performing well. Most people who have a 3 marked tank generally have a decent win rate already so I don't see a need to fix something that as a whole works fine.

Projectile_Misfired #8 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View Postlatvius, on Apr 17 2019 - 16:26, said:

Firstly why do you feel the need to insult people?  Never mind I don't care, might be something you should reflect on though.

As for your "opinions" - FL first I have heard you get a xp bonus for winning, in fact I have hear nothing but the opposite. 

3 marks - probably and is are two different things

Missions - I specifically said not necessarily a requirement as most would agree this is unpopular and WG has already taken notice.

Again with the insults, when you insult people it takes away from what you are trying to say.

It was never my intention to insult you in any way. However, if you took my comments as an insult, then I apologize.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles

I didn't see that post from Projectile_Misfired as insulting in any way.  Maybe the word 'garbage' was too strong for you, though in essence, I thought his post was constructive and in no way actually insulting.  Don't get so 'married' to your own ideas that criticism of points of the idea translates into criticism of yourself.

OvO

MUMBLESRUMBLES #10 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50687 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
5 gold for every winning game....

Blackstone #11 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 13:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 21620 battles

View Poststevezaxx, on Apr 17 2019 - 10:38, said:

Yes give a bonus for winning, but still give something for NOT winning. 

No participation trophies. No win, no bonus.

Blackstone #12 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 13:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 21620 battles

10%-15% bonus to the winning team to XP, credits, and Prestige level.

Edited by Blackstone, Apr 18 2019 - 13:57.

ATruk #13 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 14:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57033 battles

View Postlatvius, on Apr 17 2019 - 07:28, said:

FL mode is NOT about winning, unless I am missing something in my final scores. I do not see a “winning” bonus in credits or XP. 

This mode seems to be about increasing rank for “Rank Bonus”, which I see in my final scores. 

Longer Battles = Higher Rank FOR EVERYONE. 

Other modes are about winning. FL is a special mode to earn stuff. 

What am I not understanding here?

Tedsc #14 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44506 battles

You already get an incentive to win.  Check your end results screen in a win vs a loss.  What they need to do is give rank XP bonus to members of the winning team in a quick win.  Nobody wants to finish a frontline at lieutenant or sergeant just to get a win.  The prestige system is fantastic because it rewards players for playing well (something sorely lacking in random battles) even when the majority of the team plays poorly.  But if you don't give the team enough time to actually play then nobody earns the rewards for playing well.  

latvius #15 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33970 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
You both can't be right, either you get a bonus for winning or you don't, which is it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users