• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Tolos #21 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 23:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostMister_Avnas, on Apr 19 2019 - 21:37, said:

i might not be talking about you specifically, but i've seen an increasing amount of people that talk crapin chat all game about what XVM says about win % chance while not achieving anything sat in the corner of the map, apparently because they're either trying to get that one medal where you're against the entire team or increase their damage ratio (essentially padding stats by not participating efficiently)

The very good players do not stat pad, they are good and have good stats because they are good. You see to be confusing stat padders with good players, there is a world of difference. Now I'm sure some wannabe's do stat pad, but those aren't the ' hardcore ' player you refer to, and they are easy to spot.

Now in all the games i've played, not once did I see the very good players comment on what the teams ' win chance ' is, that normally comes from terrible players that see its under 50% then either quit out, or yolo to get out of the game. 

As for mods, sure some use mods, some don't, some might even cheat, but I'll be willing to bet my house on most don't. There is nothing wrong at all with people wanted to use mods if that's what they want to do, as long as they are legal. 

Mister_Avnas #22 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 23:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12038 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

View PostTolos, on Apr 19 2019 - 22:18, said:

The very good players do not stat pad, they are good and have good stats because they are good. You see to be confusing stat padders with good players, there is a world of difference. Now I'm sure some wannabe's do stat pad, but those aren't the ' hardcore ' player you refer to, and they are easy to spot.

Now in all the games i've played, not once did I see the very good players comment on what the teams ' win chance ' is, that normally comes from terrible players that see its under 50% then either quit out, or yolo to get out of the game. 

As for mods, sure some use mods, some don't, some might even cheat, but I'll be willing to bet my house on most don't. There is nothing wrong at all with people wanted to use mods if that's what they want to do, as long as they are legal. 

the most hardcore player is a bad player that plays so much padding stats that they look good objectively

Pipinghot #23 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 10:04

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMister_Avnas, on Apr 19 2019 - 16:37, said:

View PostTolos, on Apr 19 2019 - 21:33, said:

I'm hoping this is a troll, and that you're not that stupid. 

i might not be talking about you specifically, but i've seen an increasing amount of people that talk crapin chat all game about what XVM says about win % chance while not achieving anything sat in the corner of the map, apparently because they're either trying to get that one medal where you're against the entire team or increase their damage ratio (essentially padding stats by not participating efficiently)

Those are not hardcore players, those are people who don't really understand what it takes to win. Just because people talk about XVM doesn't make them hardcore, especially if they talk crap about what XVM says. The good players, the actual hardcore players, are too busy trying to win the battle to waste time blabbing about XVM.

Damage wins games, but when and where you do damage matters. The good players (again, the actual hardcore players) do a lot of damage but they do it at the right time and in the right place to win games. You can tell people who are actually stat padders (and not hardcore players) because their WN8 significantly exceeds their Win Rate. And I'm not talking about the players who are on the path to becoming better, when a player is improving their WN8 is usually ahead of their WR, I'm talking about the players who think that getting a lot of damage on a losing battle is just as valuable as getting a lot of damage while leading their team to victory and who consistently have unusually high WN8 despite the fact that their Win Rate is not improving.

One good way to tell the difference between a "damage farmer" and a good player (again, a true hardcore player) is that the damage farmers have low Defense ratings. These are people who don't know when to defend their base but who always think about finding the best place to get damage without any other considerations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users