Wich prem tank to buy on NA

premium tank credits help

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Kutejikashi #1 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 05:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3991 battles
Long history short, I need a tier VIII tank now to begin farming credits because I want to go up the T-10 line but I lack the credits, so I want some help of you guys about wich tier VIII tank (of the availables on the store of the NA server do you recommend). In my opinion I was thinking about getting the T-44 mod 1 (I read that the overall armour of the tank and some stadistics become better) or the T-34.

Isola_di_Fano #2 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 05:58

Major

• Players
  • 24346 battles
I would remove the first "t" from the 1st word on the 3rd line, and that would be an awesome phrase !

thandiflight #3 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 06:24

Major

• Players
  • 85236 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
*which

FastForward7 #4 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 06:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11519 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Apr 18 2019 - 05:58, said:

I would remove the first "t" from the 7th word on the 2nd line, and that would be an awesome phrase !

I think that's going to depend on screen resolution... 7th word on the 2nd line for me is "server."

Stevenwt #5 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 06:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6202 battles

the problem is that you have best credit earner in general

and the Best credit earner for you.

thoes may not match up.

that said, I would recommend you get a Soviet tank to match your climb up the Soviet line, Getting Crew training-retraining + Credits is always a double win for you.

for me on a strict Credit grinding basis oddly enough my best tank for money making Based on more than 20 matches per tank, is the WZ-111 then in order its

M-46 Patton * 

T-26e * 

VK-168 Maurbrecher

in that order, 

please realise that my somewhat random use of Boosters will impact my credit earning.

*Bonus for me because i'm Currently working the US Lines)

Oddly my Scorpion twins come in after those. 

in that order, the problem is that thanks to a mix of yes and no on credit boosters thoes numbers may not be accurate

slightly dated but you will get the idea,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP2B4xUWogE

Edited by Stevenwt, Apr 18 2019 - 06:47.

Michelin2433 #6 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 07:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 77 battles
Avoid tier 8. Get an SU-122-44.

JakeTheMystic #7 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 08:42

Major

• Players
  • 24208 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View PostMichelin2433, on Apr 17 2019 - 21:07, said:

Avoid tier 8. Get an SU-122-44.

The 122-44 isn't nearly as good as it used to be, the tier 8 chinese TD is basically the same with better MM but makes more credits. 

As for the original post, I just recently went through and bought every premium on the tech tree; I would say the best tanks for making credits are;

1.) Lowe - This things a beast. Well armored, great gun, all around everything you can ask for in a heavy and it can easily fight a Defender head of if you know what you're doing.

2.) Super Pershing - The thing has pref, so at least you never see 10s. Strong armor and a great gun, heavy tank play-style and everything is spaced so HEAT won't pen you. Amazing in top tier games and makes easy credits.

3.) IS-6 - This thing is great post-buff. The armor now stands up to most tier 8s of the tier and its insanely good in 3-5-7 when you're top tier. Anything with less than 220 of pen won't pen you at all and even reliably bounces 225 mm guns (Defender) Great for making credits. 

4.) AMX M4 49 - Well armored for a french tank, great for crew training and credit grinds. Not as reliable in terms of being a heavy, turret is kind of weak and the sides are even weaker, no side scraping. The lower plate is small and hard to hit.

5.) FV4202 - Pretty fun medium, makes decent credits, strong turret that's easy to get hull down in. Definitely more of a support tank since you have such low alpha and you will be beat by a lot of other tanks if you're on your own. 

6.) WZ-120-1 FT - Fun little TD, DPM is pretty nice and the thing really packs a punch. Accuracy kind of sucks but the armor is somewhat reliable against lower tiers and most tanks won't against you more than once. 

Tanks you should never consider buying,there's quite a few. (Not in particular order);

1.) T-34 (tier 8) -Complete and utter trash. The gun sucks, the turret sucks, the hull armor sucks, and the thing is slow. The pen is garbage and you won't pen anything above tier 8 without using premium. Hard pass.

2.) Scorpion (tier 7) - Small tank with kind of lackluster camo. The gun is meh but as soon as you are spotted, you die... Instantly. People will ram out driving out of spawn and you basically lose 25% of your HP because your so small. 

3.) Stewyr WT (tier 7) - It's an E-25, but worse in every way.

4.) VK 45.03 (tier 7) - This is a heavy? Never would have known. It bounces nothing and pens nothing, just what everyone wants in a tank game! 

5.) STG (tier 8) -Horrendously long reload and unreliable turret armor makes this thing terrible. Want a real medium? Get the T-54 Mod or even the STA-2.

6.) FV201 (A45) - Garbage turret, large body that's extremely slow and has no hull armor. You're going to get 1 shot by arty almost every game if they decide to shoot you and the only redeeming quality is the gun. There is a reason it was given away for free at a point in time. 

7.) AC.4 (tier 6) - Its a cromwell... But somehow worse in every way. 

8.) M4A1 Rev. (tier 8) - It's a Sherman... At tier 8... With the gun that hits hard but nothing else. You're never going to bounce and you have the camo rating of a TOG.

9.) CDC (tier 8) - No armor, No camo, Turns like a battleship and it has a pea-shooter for a gun. This thing needs some serious love from the buff-gods.

10.) Chi-Nu-Kai (tier 5) - I didn't want to bother with something this low of tier, but this thing is horrendous. The gun is bad, it has no armor, it's slow for a medium and everything about it screams peasant. Nothing like the one they have in War Thunder. 

11.) 59-Patton - Its got no armor, a mediocre gun and a "weakspot" the size of the universe (not like they need to hit it to pen). Possibly the worst out of this entire list. 

If you wan't to wait for one to go on sale;

1.) IS-3A - It's basically the IS-5/IS-3, but x3 better. 

2.) Defender - Its the IS-3... But better. 

3.) SU-130PM - Its the Skorp G... But better. 

4.) E-25 It's a speed demon with Romulan cloaking technology. I 3-marked this bad boy and never regretted it (ok, maybe a little). 

5.) TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG - Because why not? 

omi5cron #8 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 12:36

Major

• Players
  • 22877 battles
i just did a 6 match session yesterday in the Lowe...with prem account  and 50% booster, net  was 272k creds. figure 30k per match no booster.and im a bad player.with any skill,you could make more per match. however i was not in any tier 10 matches...so that might skew things.also if you can avoid shooting prem ammo,more profit.

TheOutlawJosieWhales #9 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 13:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15001 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Tier 8 Scorpion imo. There's a reason it's one of the most played vehicles.

Vulcan_Spectre #10 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 14:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3322 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 18 2019 - 02:42, said:

-snip-

4.) E-25 It's a speed demon with Romulan cloaking technology. I 3-marked this bad boy and never regretted it (ok, maybe a little). 

is-3a is the is-3 but with a auto reloader

jamesdoz #11 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 38985 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostKutejikashi, on Apr 17 2019 - 23:32, said:

Long history short, I need a tier VIII tank now to begin farming credits because I want to go up the T-10 line but I lack the credits, so I want some help of you guys about wich tier VIII tank (of the availables on the store of the NA server do you recommend). In my opinion I was thinking about getting the T-44 mod 1 (I read that the overall armour of the tank and some stadistics become better) or the T-34.

T54 proto- or wait for the Defender, Get it for gold when the 4th comes around, normally a sale of 15-to 30% on tier 8's. What ever you buy you should wait for a sale and use gold, Just get a premium account and a few Cheap tier 5's 

Edited by jamesdoz, Apr 18 2019 - 15:01.

golruul #12 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 16:52

Captain

• Players
  • 22080 battles

Are you focusing on random battles or Frontlines?  The recommendations differ somewhat based on that.

For random battles (where dealing with corridor maps is the primary issue):

1. Lowe is probably the easiest to play and be effective in.  Standard pen is pretty good so you won't have to use premium rounds that often.
  2. T-54 prototype is good, but you need to flank a lot if you don't want to use premium rounds.  Flanking is problematic in random battle corridor maps.
  3. Lorraine is also good, but it's an autoloader.  It has high pen, so you don't need to use premium rounds much.  Not forgiving of mistakes.

For Frontlines (where mobility matters more):

1. M41 90 has lots of mobility, an effective HE round, and good gun depression.  It's quite versatile.  Only get this if you know for a fact you're good in light tanks.
  2. Lorraine if you're okay with using autoloaders, otherwise pass.
  3. T-54 prototype combines decent mobility with effective armor (for a medium).  It's my go-to first choice tank when starting a Frontlines battle.

I left out the turretless camo TDs as I don't find them particularly fun to play.  However, if you find sitting in the back waiting for enemies to stumble into you fun, the WZ and Strv are good.  The Strv probably won't ever have to use premium ammo.

Zuikakoo #13 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 17:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21189 battles

I would strongly recommend the Wz-120-1-ft.   This tank is a tyrant.   Good mobility, good penetration, good camo, workable armor, great DPM, AND unlike most of the other suggested tanks, it can be bought with gold.  Its low on hitpoints and the line its in sucks and the gun has a mild case of Derpy .

Rabbitlover2017 #14 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 18:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1875 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Apr 18 2019 - 05:58, said:

I would remove the first "t" from the 7th word on the 2nd line, and that would be an awesome phrase !

Lol I was so confused for a sec because I'm viewing on the mobile site, so the 7th word on the second line was "go".

Edited by Rabbitlover2017, Apr 18 2019 - 18:44.

latvius #15 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32117 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
Since you want a tier 8 and going up the Russian heavy line then you want a defender or IS-6, this way you can train crew members as you move up the line.  The IS-6 doesn't see tier 10's and the defender doesn't care.

Stevenwt #16 Posted Apr 18 2019 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6202 battles

View Postgolruul, on Apr 18 2019 - 09:52, said:

Are you focusing on random battles or Frontlines?  The recommendations differ somewhat based on that.

And after 1.5 with map exclusions it will change again.

FastForward7 #17 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11519 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 18 2019 - 08:42, said:

The 122-44 isn't nearly as good as it used to be, 

I'm glad to hear you say that. I just came back from a 2 year break and that tank is not at all what I remember it being. I'm a pretty average player, and I had a 60% WR in that tank over 500 battles. I was beginning to wonder if I'd just completely forgotten how to play it. 

Isola_di_Fano #18 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 24346 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 18 2019 - 00:25, said:

I think that's going to depend on screen resolution... 7th word on the 2nd line for me is "server."

View PostRabbitlover2017, on Apr 18 2019 - 12:43, said:

Lol I was so confused for a sec because I'm viewing on the mobile site, so the 7th word on the second line was "go".

I beleive he edited the post; the word I was referring to was "stadistics''  :)

Rottax #19 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37460 battles
Tier 8 skorp g is the most painless credits grinding tank there is if you don't eat glue. Find the blue and red lines (mini map) and exploit view ranges =make credits.

AZandEL #20 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29741 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 18 2019 - 07:42, said:

The 122-44 isn't nearly as good as it used to be, the tier 8 chinese TD is basically the same with better MM but makes more credits. 

As for the original post, I just recently went through and bought every premium on the tech tree; I would say the best tanks for making credits are;

1.) Lowe - This things a beast. Well armored, great gun, all around everything you can ask for in a heavy and it can easily fight a Defender head of if you know what you're doing.

2.) Super Pershing - The thing has pref, so at least you never see 10s. Strong armor and a great gun, heavy tank play-style and everything is spaced so HEAT won't pen you. Amazing in top tier games and makes easy credits.

3.) IS-6 - This thing is great post-buff. The armor now stands up to most tier 8s of the tier and its insanely good in 3-5-7 when you're top tier. Anything with less than 220 of pen won't pen you at all and even reliably bounces 225 mm guns (Defender) Great for making credits. 

4.) AMX M4 49 - Well armored for a french tank, great for crew training and credit grinds. Not as reliable in terms of being a heavy, turret is kind of weak and the sides are even weaker, no side scraping. The lower plate is small and hard to hit.

5.) FV4202 - Pretty fun medium, makes decent credits, strong turret that's easy to get hull down in. Definitely more of a support tank since you have such low alpha and you will be beat by a lot of other tanks if you're on your own. 

6.) WZ-120-1 FT - Fun little TD, DPM is pretty nice and the thing really packs a punch. Accuracy kind of sucks but the armor is somewhat reliable against lower tiers and most tanks won't against you more than once. 

Tanks you should never consider buying,there's quite a few. (Not in particular order);

1.) T-34 (tier 8) -Complete and utter trash. The gun sucks, the turret sucks, the hull armor sucks, and the thing is slow. The pen is garbage and you won't pen anything above tier 8 without using premium. Hard pass.

2.) Scorpion (tier 7) - Small tank with kind of lackluster camo. The gun is meh but as soon as you are spotted, you die... Instantly. People will ram out driving out of spawn and you basically lose 25% of your HP because your so small. 

3.) Stewyr WT (tier 7) - It's an E-25, but worse in every way.

4.) VK 45.03 (tier 7) - This is a heavy? Never would have known. It bounces nothing and pens nothing, just what everyone wants in a tank game! 

5.) STG (tier 8) -Horrendously long reload and unreliable turret armor makes this thing terrible. Want a real medium? Get the T-54 Mod or even the STA-2.

6.) FV201 (A45) - Garbage turret, large body that's extremely slow and has no hull armor. You're going to get 1 shot by arty almost every game if they decide to shoot you and the only redeeming quality is the gun. There is a reason it was given away for free at a point in time. 

7.) AC.4 (tier 6) - Its a cromwell... But somehow worse in every way. 

8.) M4A1 Rev. (tier 8) - It's a Sherman... At tier 8... With the gun that hits hard but nothing else. You're never going to bounce and you have the camo rating of a TOG.

9.) CDC (tier 8) - No armor, No camo, Turns like a battleship and it has a pea-shooter for a gun. This thing needs some serious love from the buff-gods.

10.) Chi-Nu-Kai (tier 5) - I didn't want to bother with something this low of tier, but this thing is horrendous. The gun is bad, it has no armor, it's slow for a medium and everything about it screams peasant. Nothing like the one they have in War Thunder. 

11.) 59-Patton - Its got no armor, a mediocre gun and a "weakspot" the size of the universe (not like they need to hit it to pen). Possibly the worst out of this entire list. 

If you wan't to wait for one to go on sale;

Whats your take on the Aussie Cent?

Also tagged with premium, tank, credits, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users