Cloaked Tank

camo spotting

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Panzerjager72 #1 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 00:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19560 battles

Please take a look at this replay and give me some feedback.

I see Tanks like this going invisible like they have a cloaking device all the time. 

I was using Binocs and I'm maxed out on view range. 

http://wotreplays.eu...tall_skorpion_g

Sorry the footage is at about 11:30

Edited by Panzerjager72, Apr 19 2019 - 00:25.

Canadian_Mano #2 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 00:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35459 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
Either part of the bush you were behind was not actually transparent server side, or the T44 passed between spotting checks into camo cover. also, can I have that damaged gun RNG?

Panzerjager72 #3 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 00:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19560 battles

View PostCanadian_Mano, on Apr 18 2019 - 18:39, said:

Either part of the bush you were behind was not actually transparent server side, or the T44 passed between spotting checks into camo cover. also, can I have that damaged gun RNG?

Yeah I figured it might have to do with that bush. I'm not totally convinced though. Yeah my crew is just about maxed out on skills. That probably had something to do with that snap shot.

HOTA_CHATON #4 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:03

Major

• Players
  • 13121 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostPanzerjager72, on Apr 18 2019 - 17:11, said:

I see Tanks like this going invisible like they have a cloaking device all the time. 

Well, unfortunately that is not always true.  I ran into almost the same thing, with a T44 on Frontlines.  I filed a complaint and even submitted the replay and was told that basically they saw nothing wrong.  I told them their comment(s) were inappropriate and the game needed to be fixed, then closed the ticket myself.  WG doesn't care about fixing the issues with this game and spotting is a very major issue.  Point blank it doesn't work as it's intended.

24_inch_pythons #5 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 28485 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostPanzerjager72, on Apr 18 2019 - 17:11, said:

You, or someone else knocked a tree down, don't know who as I skipped directly to 11:30. Downed trees count as bushes... you were obviously more than 15m away from the bush, hence you can't see through it just like any other bush.

Christojojo #6 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34390 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Apr 18 2019 - 19:03, said:

Well, unfortunately that is not always true.  I ran into almost the same thing, with a T44 on Frontlines.  I filed a complaint and even submitted the replay and was told that basically they saw nothing wrong.  I told them their comment(s) were inappropriate and the game needed to be fixed, then closed the ticket myself.  WG doesn't care about fixing the issues with this game and spotting is a very major issue.  Point blank it doesn't work as it's intended.

Sadly the game is working as they intended. A cash cow that will be milked as long as possible. I am guilty of contributing to it. I will even vow not to buy another thing until blank is blanked. THen they come out with something Shiney that I like and bam I contribute to the milking process. 

Ndtm #7 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Apr 19 2019 - 01:03, said:

What makes you so sure that you know more about the game than the people hired to help people when they have problems, you might have 12 thousand games and played since 2011 but that doesn't always mean anything unless one is curious and interested enough to really know the game mechanics down to the details but even that would be hard since some things are simply never written down fully or at all.

From my own knowledge and the fact that if there really was a major problem people would've been on the forum complaining about it in droves from the day it began, yet there isn't anything like that, there might be rare small problems which people might pick up on from time to time but being rare it in turn would likely also rarely be reported on since people simply want to play and when you mix rare and basically unreproducible it makes it something very difficult to fix..

In short.. there are not really any remotely major (gamebreaking) problems and most complaints are from those ignorant about the game mechanics.

stalkervision #8 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 65616 battles
Spotting mechanics is a major issue WG doesn't seem to know how to address.

Captram77 #9 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 02:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10155 battles

View PostNdtm, on Apr 19 2019 - 01:53, said:

What makes you so sure that you know more about the game than the people hired to help people when they have problems, you might have 12 thousand games and played since 2011 but that doesn't always mean anything unless one is curious and interested enough to really know the game mechanics down to the details but even that would be hard since some things are simply never written down fully or at all.

From my own knowledge and the fact that if there really was a major problem people would've been on the forum complaining about it in droves from the day it began, yet there isn't anything like that, there might be rare small problems which people might pick up on from time to time but being rare it in turn would likely also rarely be reported on since people simply want to play and when you mix rare and basically unreproducible it makes it something very difficult to fix..

In short.. there are no even remotely major (gamebreaking) problems and most complaints are from those ignorant about the game mechanics.

I made a thread about clocked tanks before. I believe in front line might have a different view system. Because no way a heavy appears out of no where in front of you. And he sees you before you see him. Me being in a TD. Maybe something to do with zones opening up. The count down completes and view range reactivates.

Ndtm #10 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:05

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostCaptram77, on Apr 19 2019 - 02:58, said:

I made a thread about clocked tanks before. I believe in front line might have a different view system. Because no way a heavy appears out of no where in front of you. And he sees you before you see him. Me being in a TD. Maybe something to do with zones opening up. The count down completes and view range reactivates.

There is one kind of problem that did exist (not sure if it still does but if it does it's rare) where a enemy tank got spotted except the actual tank didn't get rendered in the game.. but you could see it on the minimap and later if you watched the replay of the match all of the sudden you could see it, but i haven't heard of it for a long time

HOTA_CHATON #11 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:13

Major

• Players
  • 13121 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostNdtm, on Apr 18 2019 - 18:53, said:

In short.. there are not really any remotely major (gamebreaking) problems and most complaints are from those ignorant about the game mechanics.

It's not hard but apparently you are clueless.  So let me ask you to not complain next time there is a patch or new vehicles added, maps supposedly re-worked. They don't know what they are doing and we all know it..  Don't get back on here and tell us all publicly that you never have, you know you have, like the rest of us.  The evidence of incompetency is everywhere in this game, if those who refuse to see it will only open the eyes they were given, at birth.  BTW, it doesn't take rocket science to figure this out and I quite your that you believe in the server side myth as well, my friend.  It is what it is and until they get some competent people, it will continue to be as broken as it always has been.  Good night and happy tanking.

Ndtm #12 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Apr 19 2019 - 03:13, said:

It's not hard but apparently you are clueless.  So let me ask you to not complain next time there is a patch or new vehicles added, maps supposedly re-worked. They don't know what they are doing and we all know it..  Don't get back on here and tell us all publicly that you never have, you know you have, like the rest of us.  The evidence of incompetency is everywhere in this game, if those who refuse to see it will only open the eyes they were given, at birth.  BTW, it doesn't take rocket science to figure this out and I quite your that you believe in the server side myth as well, my friend.  It is what it is and until they get some competent people, it will continue to be as broken as it always has been.  Good night and happy tanking.

And i thought i was being obvious enough with saying "Game Mechanics" :facepalm:

_Red_Saaryn_ #13 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20351 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
Once in a city map i went with my lowe and saw nothing but was spotted then i pushed feeling like someone was behind me. My tank stopped like of i was pushing against someone despite nothing there then i got a "we got hit" and lost a lot of hp. It was a mauerbrecher, so i fall back and i get rammed and shot again so i fired and despite nothing there my shell bounces and it marks it was a mauerbrecher. I ended killed by the invisible super heavy tank in a city map with no bushes and to make it worse,the fekker ended doing 13 kills and over 10k damage

GeneralChaos007 #14 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 11:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1171 battles

View PostNdtm, on Apr 19 2019 - 01:53, said:

When they prove that they do not actually look at replays or screenshots and use scripted answers, this is part of the reason.  Another reason is they continue to believe that their game is impervious to hacks and cheats, which is why I gave up trying to explain to them that any game client that uses UDP packets is very susceptible to manipulation which is why games like World of Warcraft to this day still have issues with stuff like speed hacks, teleportation hacks, aimbots, etc.  WoT if anything is even more susceptible to hacks (cheat mods), granted WoT doesn't allow the same degree of mod's and automation that WoW has, but they are still very susceptible.  Next time you get plunked by someone who has no way of being able to see you think about it.

Last night I was playing a FL game and I was playing my M6E2A.  I am normally able to bounce/absorb around 95% of the shots taken at me.  Last night I was getting penned with every shot from a guy who was throwing normal AP rounds at me.  Whenever I am getting shot at I keep moving backwards and forwards, along with turning my tank left and right.  This guy hit my cupola 3 out of 3 shots while I was moving, and he hit me in the exact same spot.  Normally I would chalk this up to a very good player, but when I went back and reviewed my battle hits I noticed that he hit me in the exact same spot 3 times in a row.  This is not something that I would consider normal.  I cant remember this persons exact rating, but it was around 7200, so I was leaning towards it being skill with a fully trained crew but I still had to wonder how he was able to hit me in the exact same spot 3 times in a row while I was doing the 5 D's of Dodgeball.  One thing I am pretty certain of is the location of where you are going to get hit is calculated at the moment the other person fires the gun, or at least it seems like it.  I can't tell you how many times I have been hit by a round that landed when I was behind terrain, latency is probably the main issue here.

HOTA_CHATON #15 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 13121 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostNdtm, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:19, said:

And i thought i was being obvious enough with saying "Game Mechanics" :facepalm:

Just say it.  :hiding:

SporkBoy #16 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:31

Major

• Players
  • 44684 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Clearly, it's the new Romulan line - the whole line is cloaked!

Ndtm #17 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:27

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostBenDover0069, on Apr 19 2019 - 11:55, said:

When they prove that they do not actually look at replays or screenshots and use scripted answers, this is part of the reason.  Another reason is they continue to believe that their game is impervious to hacks and cheats, which is why I gave up trying to explain to them that any game client that uses UDP packets is very susceptible to manipulation which is why games like World of Warcraft to this day still have issues with stuff like speed hacks, teleportation hacks, aimbots, etc.  WoT if anything is even more susceptible to hacks (cheat mods), granted WoT doesn't allow the same degree of mod's and automation that WoW has, but they are still very susceptible.  Next time you get plunked by someone who has no way of being able to see you think about it.

Last night I was playing a FL game and I was playing my M6E2A.  I am normally able to bounce/absorb around 95% of the shots taken at me.  Last night I was getting penned with every shot from a guy who was throwing normal AP rounds at me.  Whenever I am getting shot at I keep moving backwards and forwards, along with turning my tank left and right.  This guy hit my cupola 3 out of 3 shots while I was moving, and he hit me in the exact same spot.  Normally I would chalk this up to a very good player, but when I went back and reviewed my battle hits I noticed that he hit me in the exact same spot 3 times in a row.  This is not something that I would consider normal.  I cant remember this persons exact rating, but it was around 7200, so I was leaning towards it being skill with a fully trained crew but I still had to wonder how he was able to hit me in the exact same spot 3 times in a row while I was doing the 5 D's of Dodgeball.  One thing I am pretty certain of is the location of where you are going to get hit is calculated at the moment the other person fires the gun, or at least it seems like it.  I can't tell you how many times I have been hit by a round that landed when I was behind terrain, latency is probably the main issue here.

UDP packets.. so it's you again.. why do you refuse to learn, it doesn't matter what kind of protocol they use, your game sends to the server something like "i pressed W" or "I'm aiming towards <Vector3>" and then the server parses that data and likely throws out (or clamps it) anything that doesn't fit in the current context of the match, it doesn't matter what you do to your udp packets because the kind of stuff that actually is sent is such basic stuff that are akin to a request rather than a demand and the server gets the last say in it, if it really was so vulnerable in WoT like you say then in the 9 years the game has been going on we would've already heard about these teleportations, fast reloads, seeing tanks that are invisible (and i'm talking about actually invisible and not people not understanding the spotting mechanics in the first place), increased damage or anything else related to the game mechanics.

Things like aimbots do exist yes, why? because it does what you yourself can do, it effectively just moves your mouse for you, nothing complicated about that and is all done locally, same with driving, it's just effectively pressing the keyboard for you.

Cheats exist but these hacks that compromise the very game mechanics do not 

Flarvin #18 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 53805 battles

View PostCaptram77, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:58, said:

I believe in front line might have a different view system. 

That makes no sense. 

The amount of resources to code another spotting mechanic would be ridiculous high for no gain.  

cheapbooks #19 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 38391 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

I played with 300ms ping and lots of dropped packets. sometimes my six sense doesn't go off.

I had a game where an EBR was circling in front of me, literally driving away from me, and then he instantly was behind me and killed me. something I gotta put up with.

Captram77 #20 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 01:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10155 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Apr 19 2019 - 15:41, said:

That makes no sense. 

The amount of resources to code another spotting mechanic would be ridiculous high for no gain.  

sometimes things are just different....... the zone countdown is only thing that would explain a Defender appearing 4 tank lengths in front of me, when i was looking at an empty field.   Happened alot first episode, not as much this one. But it seems like attackers always get to see the defenders first....lol.  

Also tagged with camo, spotting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users