Fv4005 NERF

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Rottax #1 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37508 battles
  • [YOON] YOON

The FV4005 doesn't need a nerf! The low skill player base ( that is always on my team) the camping teams and  camping scouts already lower the 4005 ability to deal alot of damage. It was a better tank before the wheeled tank started  flying around the old style of scouting is gone or the scout is damage farming (for wn8 not wins) not spotting. The FV4005 gun is to slow to hit the wheel tanks consistently.

If you try to go get damage you get spotted and the entire enemy team tries to yolo kill you. Its like a TOG once lit it becomes and xp pinata.

If you  make a tank worthless to play there should be a compensation for the player who are currently grinding that line and for those of us who are losing a good tank. We don't spend 6 million credits for a garage decoration.

The_Pushok #2 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16785 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

It does not need a nerf, it is balanced. Powerful gun, about negative everything else. 

BucephalusRider #3 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19249 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
It's a meme tank. Why are you upset about a nerf? If you want a competitive tank destroyer to murder lights with grab a STRV.

Christojojo #4 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 03:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34912 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostBucephalusRider, on Apr 18 2019 - 21:21, said:

It's a meme tank. Why are you upset about a nerf? If you want a competitive tank destroyer to murder lights with grab a STRV.

I think that was his point. ITs useless to nerf a one shot wonder. 

churchill50 #5 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Are you kidding me? The FV4005 is far too powerful. And I say that as someone who owns an FV4005.

There is a reason that there are 1-2 FV4005's per team in almost every tier 10 battle. The tank is disgusting.

Personally, I am insanely happy they're nerfing it. I just wish they would nerf it a little more.

spud_tuber #6 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 59722 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Apr 18 2019 - 21:19, said:

Are you kidding me? The FV4005 is far too powerful. And I say that as someone who owns an FV4005.

There is a reason that there are 1-2 FV4005's per team in almost every tier 10 battle. The tank is disgusting.

Personally, I am insanely happy they're nerfing it. I just wish they would nerf it a little more.

Except that, your feels don't actually match its performance.   As to why you're seeing more?  Probably people playing them as much as possible before they're castrated.

churchill50 #7 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:31, said:

Except that, your feels don't actually match its performance.   As to why you're seeing more?  Probably people playing them as much as possible before they're castrated.

What do you mean my feels don't match its performance? What kind of statement even is that?

Except the small (but important) matter that we were seeing that many of them even before the nerf was announced.

The tank is braindeadeningly easy to play. As long as you don't stay out in the open (like the OP is obviously doing), it's easy to poke on other tanks reloads, or just trade with them. The FV4005 is the tank I go to when I'm having a bad night and performing badly, and I still have 3k DPG/60% winrate. It's braindead, it's insanely strong, and it's broken. It deserves the nerf.

_Hoob #8 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:38

Private

• Players
  • 22002 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

I 100% agree, FV in fact needs a buff to compensate for the lack of intelligence I see in my games from FV players. 
#BuffFV2019

Ironbutt2015 #9 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17391 battles

As someone who owns one as well it does NOT need a nerf.  If anything it needed a buff.

Many times I have gone whole games, fully aimed and not hit anything.  Then when it does hit, it gets more bounces than it should.  Once spotted everything shoots at you.  It has performed so poorly so many times it mostly collects dust in my garage.  With the nerfs I may just sell it.  Poor decision wargaming.

What is needed is: better accuracy, more rounds 

churchill50 #10 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 20862 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:31, said:

View PostIronbutt2015, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:39, said:

As someone who owns one as well it does NOT need a nerf.  If anything it needed a buff.

Many times I have gone whole games, fully aimed and not hit anything.  Then when it does hit, it gets more bounces than it should.  Once spotted everything shoots at you.  It has performed so poorly so many times it mostly collects dust in my garage.  With the nerfs I may just sell it.  Poor decision wargaming.

Just a question, based off of Ironbutt talking about bouncing. Are you guys both firing AP out of this thing? If so, that's your problem. AP is useful in very few situations. You should be firing almost full HESH. That's the entire reason for the tank.

spud_tuber #11 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:55

Major

• Players
  • 59722 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Apr 18 2019 - 21:36, said:

What do you mean my feels don't match its performance? What kind of statement even is that?

Except the small (but important) matter that we were seeing that many of them even before the nerf was announced.

The tank is braindeadeningly easy to play. As long as you don't stay out in the open (like the OP is obviously doing), it's easy to poke on other tanks reloads, or just trade with them. The FV4005 is the tank I go to when I'm having a bad night and performing badly, and I still have 3k DPG/60% winrate. It's braindead, it's insanely strong, and it's broken. It deserves the nerf.

I mean, you "feel" it is too powerful, but one glance at its win rate curve shows it really isn't.  The E3, 268.4 both are much better at winning, and it's not like the E3 is blazingly OP itself. 

Also, I know I certainly didn't see as many as you claim prior to the nerf announcement, though I will admit it at least seems to have been one if the most played T10 TDs, at least on US server.  

GenErwinRommel #12 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70653 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

yea the morans at wargaming saythat only the Russian biased tanks can have the derp guns

screw you wargaming and your Russian biased tanks

PAP0 #13 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18267 battles

View PostIronbutt2015, on Apr 18 2019 - 19:39, said:

Yes because a tank that can one shot almost any tank in the game needs to be able to hit those shots consistently. No thanks.

NeutronRaptor #14 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31381 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 18 2019 - 19:55, said:

I mean, you "feel" it is too powerful, but one glance at its win rate curve shows it really isn't.  The E3, 268.4 both are much better at winning, and it's not like the E3 is blazingly OP itself. 

Also, I know I certainly didn't see as many as you claim prior to the nerf announcement, though I will admit it at least seems to have been one if the most played T10 TDs, at least on US server.  

There have been a huge number of them ever since it got buffed before to be faster. Currently the FV is just too good at peek-a-booming with it's reverse speed and is fast enough to get into position fairly quick. The fact the E3 and FV share about the same average damage also speaks volumes to the effectiveness of the tank. It is a one shot wonder that should be a support role more so than the others but is doing the same amount of damage and more so than a lot of other TDs. It's out performing the Grille, E4, Badger and even the dang Foch B in average damage per battle which speaks volumes to how easy the tank is to use, one shot wonders shouldn't be performing like that. It is almost 200 dmg up on the 183 which sits second to last in average dmg per active players and the FV should probably be down there somewhere too. 

Prediator #15 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:25

Captain

• Players
  • 29587 battles
The type and the fv nerfs are totally overboard... they are useless on the test server... the e100 and is4 are better than these nerfed tanks..    The types can no longer damage the enemy, super derpy gun with long aim time means you miss or bounce half your shots and the other have have no chance against a side scraping Russian or Chinese tank.. so you just get heat twice in the turret for every bounce, RNG, or snap shot you have to take.   And the FV is now so slow going backwards there is no way to use it.. literally you fire first get spotted and the enemy FV has the 6 seconds to aim at you to one shot you.  Pointless tanks.. utterly pointless.  that's what this game needs more forcing people to play Russian and Chinese clones of Russian  heavies...  so we can all side scrap and be invulnerable.

NeutronRaptor #16 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31381 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostPrediator, on Apr 18 2019 - 20:25, said:

The type and the fv nerfs are totally overboard... they are useless on the test server... the e100 and is4 are better than these nerfed tanks..    The types can no longer damage the enemy, super derpy gun with long aim time means you miss or bounce half your shots and the other have have no chance against a side scraping Russian or Chinese tank.. so you just get heat twice in the turret for every bounce, RNG, or snap shot you have to take.   And the FV is now so slow going backwards there is no way to use it.. literally you fire first get spotted and the enemy FV has the 6 seconds to aim at you to one shot you.  Pointless tanks.. utterly pointless.  that's what this game needs more forcing people to play Russian and Chinese clones of Russian  heavies...  so we can all side scrap and be invulnerable.

Why do you even care? You barely play anything past tier seven that isn't an arty. So why care about higher tier tanks that you barely face? As someone who plays in my 8s and higher almost every battle for the last year, the Type nerfs were needed. You talk about them bouncing with the nerfs but what about how they currently are where they hit you for 500+ damage while you literally can't pen them anywhere frontally with your standard rounds on a majority of tanks they face? There is a reason why the Type 5 is the second most played tier ten heavy tank in the game outside the IS7. It's almost like it is easy mode for bad players so they flock to it. It's almost like every bad player you see with a Type 5 is averaging more damage in that tier ten than any of his other heavies. It's almost like it is a little broken and WG is trying to fix it?

golruul #17 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 22183 battles
WG is giving the FV4005 the artillery treatment -- i.e. don't address the thing that is the actual problem, but instead make playing it more and more frustrating to the point where you don't actually want to play it anymore.

spud_tuber #18 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 59722 battles

View Postgolruul, on Apr 18 2019 - 22:49, said:

WG is giving the FV4005 the artillery treatment -- i.e. don't address the thing that is the actual problem, but instead make playing it more and more frustrating to the point where you don't actually want to play it anymore.

This^

mlinke #19 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 06:41

Captain

• Players
  • 53556 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
So happy never went that line.

Prediator #20 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 08:34

Captain

• Players
  • 29587 battles

View PostNeutronRaptor, on Apr 18 2019 - 23:37, said:

Why do you even care? You barely play anything past tier seven that isn't an arty. So why care about higher tier tanks that you barely face? As someone who plays in my 8s and higher almost every battle for the last year, the Type nerfs were needed. You talk about them bouncing with the nerfs but what about how they currently are where they hit you for 500+ damage while you literally can't pen them anywhere frontally with your standard rounds on a majority of tanks they face? There is a reason why the Type 5 is the second most played tier ten heavy tank in the game outside the IS7. It's almost like it is easy mode for bad players so they flock to it. It's almost like every bad player you see with a Type 5 is averaging more damage in that tier ten than any of his other heavies. It's almost like it is a little broken and WG is trying to fix it?

Sorry I have only played 12K+ of my 26k games in tier 8 or more.. I guess 12k high tier game are just not enough compared to your 12k+ high tier games out of 27k games to give any real opinion.  If you are too dumb to understand that the E100 is a bad tank and that these nerfs make the type tanks into even worse e100 with less pen and even more useless.   But any newb like you with 1k battles in a defender obviously wants to show off his LEET skill by side scraping.. the stupidest mechanic in the game.  Sorry where did the big bad type touch you?  The entire point of the tanks was to have some kind of counter for Russian and Chinese side scraping BS.. now there will be none and you can sit in your super angled tanks and heat spam types to death.  But the really stupid thing is you have played 3k games in the KV 2 so im sure your a bigger HE spammer than anyone in artillery could ever be.    So your telling me that a tank that trades (penetrating shots for big damage vs bouncing shots for no damage)  for consist lower average damage can actually do consist damage in a game with a RNG.  Why would anyone want something consistent when the game has a RNG.  I have no idea why people would choose consistent damage in a game where every 4th shell magically derps into the ground or off out of the reticle or magically hits a track and does no damage or bounces of a wheeled vehicle or a batchat or the side or rear of a Russian tank.   Why would anyone want to have a weapon that flattens out the RNG and makes it so that the game does not sheet on you as much as it already does with horrible maps and teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users