Fv4005 NERF

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BurglarOfBanff_ff #21 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 12:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29266 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
I looked around at all the stats web sites and none of them had the FV4005s win rate higher than mid pack for tier 10.  If a tank doesn't have an overall win rate much higher than average then why would it get a nerf?

thorus08 #22 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29214 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostBurglarOfBanff_ff, on Apr 19 2019 - 06:48, said:

I looked around at all the stats web sites and none of them had the FV4005s win rate higher than mid pack for tier 10.  If a tank doesn't have an overall win rate much higher than average then why would it get a nerf?

My guess is, that similar to the popularity of the 'point-and-click' debate surrounding the type 5, the FV's HESH meme's are trying to be toned down as well, regardless of the vehicle's overall performance.  Without changing the overall mechanic of HESH/HE or removing those mechanics from high caliber vehicles altogether, changing vehicle characteristics is one way of maintaining their core gameplay while reducing the number of moments when they are intolerable to play against due to those exact core mechanics.

mbrolin #23 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles
I agree. It absolutely does not need a nerf. It is not overpowered at all. It is just fun to play. All it is, is like pulling the lever on a Slot Machine. It is hard enough to to be able to pull that lever. Now they are going to make it even hard to ever be able to pull the lever. Slot Machines loose their worse if you can't pull the lever. (in a position to even fire the gun before you are spotted and killed. Or the target finds cover because you have to wait 5 min to even aim at them.

Zuikakoo #24 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 15:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21909 battles
They Nerfed arty because it could oneshot same tier tanks, the same should go for the FV4005.   I don't think they did the right nerfs, I think they should have nerfed its alpha damage down to about 700, given it AP and HEAT, and upped its DPM to about 3000.  You know a logical progression from the Conway.

Goat_Rodeo #25 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
It’s just proof positive that no one should grind any tank past tier 9, unless it’s Russian.

mbrolin #26 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles

View PostZuikakoo, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:58, said:

They Nerfed arty because it could oneshot same tier tanks, the same should go for the FV4005.   I don't think they did the right nerfs, I think they should have nerfed its alpha damage down to about 700, given it AP and HEAT, and upped its DPM to about 3000.  You know a logical progression from the Conway.

Why? because it can do it doesn't mean it often does it. If it does cause the win % to be any higher, it's no advantage that they should take away.

Ace_D3struct0r #27 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47950 battles

View PostRottax, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:43, said:

The FV4005 doesn't need a nerf! The low skill player base ( that is always on my team) the camping teams and  camping scouts already lower the 4005 ability to deal alot of damage. It was a better tank before the wheeled tank started  flying around the old style of scouting is gone or the scout is damage farming (for wn8 not wins) not spotting. The FV4005 gun is to slow to hit the wheel tanks consistently.

If you try to go get damage you get spotted and the entire enemy team tries to yolo kill you. Its like a TOG once lit it becomes and xp pinata.

If you  make a tank worthless to play there should be a compensation for the player who are currently grinding that line and for those of us who are losing a good tank. We don't spend 6 million credits for a garage decoration.

If only WG can listen. I got the conway just before they announced the nerf news and i didnt play a single battle. I can only feel the pain of someone who finished the grind for FV4005 :facepalm:

NeutronRaptor #28 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 16:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30905 battles

View PostBurglarOfBanff_ff, on Apr 19 2019 - 03:48, said:

They are not looking at the win rate. They are looking at how it's mid pack in average damage when it shouldn't be. Same with the Type 5 which has super armor with HE and is the second most played heavy in the game. It should be a slow meandering support heavy but instead is a massive roadblock that you can't actually outplay with any angling and requires premium ammo for 90% of the tanks it faces to destroy. 

It is just a fact that the HE/HESH slinging vehicles at tier 10 make the tier imbalanced. In every battle at that tier you normally have two or three tanks on the opposing team that you can't really outplay since they just point and click you for dmg. This isn't tier 6 where it doesn't matter too much, this is the highest tier in the game and supposed to be the most engaging and skill based of them where your talent actually matters. Too many derps just ruin the flow of the matches and are frustrating for players that do actually try to use their armor and angle effectively, as they should at that tier. I didn't care and most people didn't either when it was mainly the 183 we faced since it was just a single tank, when you have three different ones that do it now though it just makes the entire battle a chore. This is especially evident when they are some of the most played tanks. Tier ten really does feel like a lower tier battle nowadays. 

The post above that said WG is giving the FV the arty treatment where they just nerf it into the ground so it is less played is the truth. It is really the only way to stop there being so many of the derp style guns in tier ten without outright removing them. I wouldn't even mind the FV as is if they went back to the Type 4 and 5 being exclusively non HE guns. 

Edited by NeutronRaptor, Apr 19 2019 - 16:46.

mbrolin #29 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 17:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles

View PostZuikakoo, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:58, said:

No Alpha is fine one it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users