Karelia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SinisterMist #1 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:28

Captain

• Players
  • 11756 battles
I hear a lot of hate for a lot of maps, Prok, Paris, etc but I never see anyone complain about Karelia. I don't understand why. The southeast is a TD firing lane and it's nearly impossible to make any progress unless you have a huge numbers advantage and the northwest after you win you have to push an open field covered by camping TD's. A lot of the map just seems to be suicide to go into. What's your strategy and how do you feel about this map?

Christojojo #2 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 04:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34253 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
Basically. I feel it's balanced. Both sides can win. Some areas favor tds and heavies others definitely benefit from mediums and scouts. The map punishes the reckless and generally rewards the cautious attacker vs the camper

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 14513 battles

I like all the maps... I never met a map I didn't like... some I love, Prokhorovka for one.

The_Pushok #4 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 06:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15025 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

Karelia is an awesome map.

It has many ways to advance and defend, a cat and mouse game, it has dips, valleys, rocks, all to run and hide behind as you advance. It has you really guessing the enemy's moves and where they are setting up defense zones at.

As for the SE TD firing zone, if spawning north, once peaking around the north rock/cliff (G2), they will be spotted. If spawning south, TDs have a general poor angle to attack because you go up the slope or you kick up a spotter on 7 line to swoop over. On either spawn, if you win west, or pressuring, that will take TDs away from the SE often. 

If I am in a heavy, I go east, in a light and medium, head west, and a TD I like to sit to get a shot in the east if spawning north or go support west if needed. If spawning south in a TD, usually strictly support west/middle.

bilzbobaggins #5 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 06:55

Captain

• Players
  • 46307 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Its my favorite map in both modes.

BlasFemy #6 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 19:03

Captain

• Players
  • 77453 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3

I really don't care if a map is balanced or not, I just look at it as challenge to over come.  I even liked Prokhorvka, and Malinovka Assault modes. I just want more maps, forget the balance.

guncrib #7 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 20:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 26009 battles
  • [JAV] JAV

View PostBlasFemy, on Apr 19 2019 - 13:03, said:

I really don't care if a map is balanced or not, I just look at it as challenge to over come.  I even liked Prokhorvka, and Malinovka Assault modes. I just want more maps, forget the balance.

And bring some of the old ones back. Hidden Village, Komarin, Northwest, Pearl River, Port, Sacred Valley, South Coast (one of my favorites), Swamp and Windstorm. Be nice if they spent more time reintroducing these than just slapping new tanks into the game. But since they make more money on selling the latest and greatest I guess map design is way down the list of their priorities.

Peak_Bagger #8 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 22:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18593 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postguncrib, on Apr 19 2019 - 20:13, said:

And bring some of the old ones back. Hidden Village, Komarin, Northwest, Pearl River, Port, Sacred Valley, South Coast (one of my favorites), Swamp and Windstorm. Be nice if they spent more time reintroducing these than just slapping new tanks into the game. But since they make more money on selling the latest and greatest I guess map design is way down the list of their priorities.

I'd love to see some of these maps added back in! I always enjoyed Swamp, Windstorm and Sacred Valley (and Kharkov and Stalingrad) and was disappointed to see them go. The others, Hidden Village, Komarin, Northwest, Pearl River, Port, South Coast were before my time but I'd love any maps being added in. Heck, I always enjoyed the 3-minutes of chaos at Mittengard as well! The more, the merrier!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users