Front Line Turning into an all out Free for All

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Atragon #1 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 44102 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

Is it just me or does it feel like this new episode of FL is turning into an all out free for all where anything goes, mayhem runs rampant, and it best just to farm damage for yourself. Its like a bar room brawl. I wont repeat all the issues as they have been discussed already but will say the mode has become one big crap show.

Thankfully Im 300 xp form maxing out and I'll be playing to grind crew, have fun, and doing some experiments tonight trying different vehicles Ive never played in FL. I may also troll my own players with smoke bombs and airstrikes they didn't order.

Is there anyway to turn off ingame chat for FL ?

FL reminds me of this song:

Edited by Atragon, Apr 19 2019 - 13:30.

Rothbardian #2 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 48930 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
It is best to farm damage for yourself, and capture the bases or defend the bases. The goal is to reach the rank of General every time.

BlackFive #3 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

I'm finding FL to be a lot less satisfying than the first time.   I think the map changes and wheelie chaos contribute... But yeah, it's lost a lot of allure 

Caketime #4 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H
Most of the time you have to cap/defend the points yourself, sometimes allies will take the hint and assist but I've had much better luck just assuming nobody's going to help secure a win and playing with that in mind. More cap points for me. :)

Atragon #5 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:48

Major

• Players
  • 44102 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostBlackFive, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:40, said:

I'm finding FL to be a lot less satisfying than the first time.   I think the map changes and wheelie chaos contribute... But yeah, it's lost a lot of allure 

Im finding it now a pure grind just to get credits and the rewards. I finished top 5 with Sargent last night and that was the worst game ever. The wheelies just went in destroyed the bunkers when they got access. 

WhineMaker #6 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:50

Major

• Players
  • 38644 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
Right click on the message, to get options to stop messages from that particular person. That's the only way to stop chat. You'll have to do that for every player, only after they send a chat message.

Rothbardian #7 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 13:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 48930 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostCaketime, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:48, said:

Most of the time you have to cap/defend the points yourself, sometimes allies will take the hint and assist but I've had much better luck just assuming nobody's going to help secure a win and playing with that in mind. More cap points for me. :)

Winning doesn't matter my friend. Increasing your rank to General should be your goal whether you are attacking or defending. Capture/defend the bases and farm damage to increase your rank.

Caketime #8 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

View PostRothbardian, on Apr 19 2019 - 13:58, said:

Winning doesn't matter my friend. Increasing your rank to General should be your goal whether you are attacking or defending. Capture/defend the bases and farm damage to increase your rank.

That's exactly what I'm doing, winning is a side effect of capping and defending. People who sit there and farm damage away from the cap are missing out on the bonus rank points, they can keep doing that for all I care.

ThePigSheFlies #9 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 77345 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostRothbardian, on Apr 19 2019 - 07:58, said:

my goal has been to enjoy the larger maps, and NOT the frustration of having these same players as the top tiers on tiny crappy funnel maps like ensk.  if I hit Major or General, then cool enough.  if I don't, I don't really care any more.  and no, I don't care about winning.  I'm at ~83m credits, and the crews I'm running in most of my FL tanks are 5-6 perks already.

as for the comments about wheelies.  I enjoy them, my damage taken vs given out to arty is much more favorable this session than last year...

HOTA_CHATON #10 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:05

Major

• Players
  • 13620 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostBlackFive, on Apr 19 2019 - 06:40, said:

So true here.

Atragon #11 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 44102 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 19 2019 - 08:02, said:

my goal has been to enjoy the larger maps, and NOT the frustration of having these same players as the top tiers on tiny crappy funnel maps like ensk.  if I hit Major or General, then cool enough.  if I don't, I don't really care any more.  and no, I don't care about winning.  I'm at ~83m credits, and the crews I'm running in most of my FL tanks are 5-6 perks already.

as for the comments about wheelies.  I enjoy them, my damage taken vs given out to arty is much more favorable this session than last year...

I'll be running the wheelie tonight. Got some special dangerous missions to do. Got to find the right moment to infiltrate the enemy lines. Probably best done of defending once a sector is won and the enemy tanks advance. Occasionally on attacking but you are restricted to the same sector.

Edited by Atragon, Apr 19 2019 - 14:10.

ThunderBob #12 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 4447 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
It is like a bar fight. I like it.

Loral_DT_DC #13 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 19981 battles

Yes, Frontline is chaotic but you need to learn to enjoy playing on the bigger maps. I personally don't care if we win or lose as long as my rank goes up by farming damage, capping, or shooting tanks on the cap. I mostly run heavies (Defender or IS-3A) when attacking with the occasional Skorp thrown in if we are defending. I ran the Bat-chat 12t the other day and had lots of fun.

I try to help capture my own zone then move to the adjacent zone that hasn't been capped before moving towards the big guns. I don't think that I've even shot at the big guns because I'm trying to farm damage and destroy other tanks in the city.

Frontline is even better when you platoon with friends because then the wolfpack can truly run free on the bigger maps. 

Mojo_Riesing #14 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:28

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I think FL is still a hoot, a lot of fun. I like "winning" however you define that, but i particularly like coming out the other end positive balance credit-wise.

I DON'T think the wheelies are that much of a problem, i just don't see it in games i've played. They are persistent little annoying things like a mosquito while you're trying to sleep at night, but far from the main event in FL.  It's true i think that FL is randomness gone wild but, hey i kind of like that.  There is SO much going on it think it slows down the inevitable toxicity and i do wish i could turn off chat, at least for zones i'm not in. Again the real appeal here is the huge map (ok, TWO maps like this would be good) and the single tier VIII M-M.

One thing seems very clear to me, WG is transitioning from a focus on Tier X "end game" to Tier VIII for it's future.  I wonder if we'd all be better off if the "unicum" crowd got walled off in Tier IX and X and leave VIII for the rest of us as the final stop in game progression. That won't happen but it seems VIII is the focus just the same.

Rothbardian #15 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 48930 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 19 2019 - 08:02, said:

The large map is very enjoyable. Ensk is the one map I am definitely blocking in update 1.5.

Projectile_Misfired #16 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostRothbardian, on Apr 19 2019 - 12:39, said:

It is best to farm damage for yourself, and capture the bases or defend the bases. The goal is to reach the rank of General every time.

View PostRothbardian, on Apr 19 2019 - 12:58, said:

And then what?

The times I've been able to reach General, I've found myself thinking "What now? I'm as high as I can get. What's the incentive of continuing to play?".

Not that I stop playing. I still go out and capture bases and/or shoot the Objectives. But, I've noticed, a couple of times, that I'm not in any hurry to do so anymore. 

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #17 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 52187 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
Isn't it obvious: From the beginning, #1 Frontline goal is to get General and level-up.  

TRK213_Turkey #18 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6348 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
FL is great for crew training.  Pop some reserves, run premium tanks and the skills just skyrocket. 

_Kradok_ #19 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 33471 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Apr 19 2019 - 08:42, said:

And then what?

The times I've been able to reach General, I've found myself thinking "What now? I'm as high as I can get. What's the incentive of continuing to play?".

Not that I stop playing. I still go out and capture bases and/or shoot the Objectives. But, I've noticed, a couple of times, that I'm not in any hurry to do so anymore. 

This is my situation...  the absolute incentive to continue to TRY erodes, and this gets compounded by the in game battle commander who loses his **** when everyone doesn't do exactly as he says...  usually the typical 750 wn8 ***hole who thinks he's God's gift to tanking in a rigged game...but I digress...

Rothbardian #20 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 14:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 48930 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Apr 19 2019 - 08:42, said:

And then what?

I guess I just assumed everyone is trying to earn the reward tanks

Once you reach General you can continue to farm damage for more silver and xp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users