• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 20:38

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3730 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys! 

To prepare for the release of the new Swedish Med tanks, your chance to earn crew for them starts 22APR and runs through 29APR. 

While earning the crew you can also get some equipment to help outfit your tanks, and all you have to do is play well. 

For more information on the missions and what you can earn please click HERE

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

KRZY someone posted an earlier thread asking if this crew was 0 xp first skill like some other BIA reward crew.

I'm guessing they are not and are regular xp crew since it doesn't state zero xp first skill and they're not BIA as well.

Just looking for confirmation and thanks in advance.

Edit:  Nice reward crew regardless of the answer.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Apr 19 2019 - 20:44.

Insanefriend #3 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 21:19

Captain

• Players
  • 43456 battles
No code, I take it the mission codes are hopefully done with?

IceOtter #4 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 23:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58812 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

Great event - really well thought out.

• Its not all or nothing - even a couple cans earns you equipment.
  • It leads into an impending tech tree extension and helps players prepare - that's something most of us need (my Swedish medium crew has been gathering dust)
  • It continues the tradition of top 10 finishes in order to avoid rewarding BOTs and AFKs
  • It's a LOT of good stuff if you can grind for a week (only problem is I'm getting ground up between Frontline, On Track, and now this - I keep waiting for a break)

tod914 #5 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 63046 battles
25-30 battles a day?  Nice offerings, but too grindy.

Drgnscl #6 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 00:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 22192 battles
  • [SHAM] SHAM
Four skilled SwedishCrewmembers for the Leo, with enough XP to train two (2) Perks to 100%; from the Tier VII vehicle you can research the new branch of Swedish medium tanks.

So sounds like no automatic BIA, but you start with whatever 2 skills you want right from the get go.

Funny thing is, Leo is 4 person crew. All the new Swede Meds are 3 person crew.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Posttod914, on Apr 19 2019 - 19:16, said:

Agree, I didn't catch the x6 till I went back and looked at it again. 

Especially on the heels of FL and that TS-5 grind.

makalu2k6 #8 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 03:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67282 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

Why Leo man. WE already have crew for Leo. Why can't you guys make it generic and we can recruit to what ever tank in that line. 

Giving crew to Leo is pretty stupid in my opinion. 

tod914 #9 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 63046 battles
Actually, 4 crew members with those perks are better than 3.  The 4th you can retrain as Commander during a sale.  Just make sure you pick compatible skills/perks for the 3 for when you reassign them.

Full_Mental_Jackass #10 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 08:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 1566 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Where's the code?

Enroh #11 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 10:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22006 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postmakalu2k6, on Apr 19 2019 - 20:35, said:

Why Leo man. WE already have crew for Leo. Why can't you guys make it generic and we can recruit to what ever tank in that line. 

WG cannot make you use gold to train to 100% on the new tank line by making it for the UDES med of course, that is why. 

This is WAY too grindy for those of us older folks with wives, families and a job. 

JackO_Lantern #12 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 12:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 30298 battles
  • [TAC-C] TAC-C

A FEW THOUGHTS, IF ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWERS THAT WOULD BE GREAT:

1) Is this run similar to the Marathons where only BASE XP is counted, or can you use boosters?

2) This is not a mission that is easily attainable for most average players without boosters - 15000 XP is minimum 30+ games(avg 500 XP/Battle w/top 10) for most players, and that is per day to get round two.

3) After you play your 30 games to get round two, you need 30000 Damage, with AVG damage 886 (tanks.gg) that's another 33 games for the average player. 

4) The average player would have to complete a ridiculous minimum 65 games a day for 6 of 7 days, committing over 6 hours a day.

5) Just another example of WOT making it but improbable for the average player to get ahead, while of course all the top players can easily complete this mission. WOT takes care of the UNICUMS, and doesn't care about the rest of us that can really use the new crews to get a little help. The best players don't need the help, but always get the advantage.

DiomedesRS6 #13 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 12:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22487 battles

View Posttod914, on Apr 20 2019 - 00:16, said:

Thanks for saying it.

Though, swallowing my pride, my stats say I average 575 dmg (I play mostly Tier IV ~ VIII).  This is more like 52 battles a day for someone like me.  Hard pass.  Zero motivation to even try.

I often feel that WG dislikes my demographic, the middle-aged guy with a job and a family who loves computer games (2 to 3 hours per day, if I can do that).  I have deep pockets but I need to feel some respect or love before I will open up my wallet.  WG is moving further and further away from that feeling.

Full_Mental_Jackass #14 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 13:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 1566 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Apr 20 2019 - 11:26, said:

Thanks for saying it.

Though, swallowing my pride, my stats say I average 575 dmg (I play mostly Tier IV ~ VIII).  This is more like 52 battles a day for someone like me.  Hard pass.  Zero motivation to even try.

I often feel that WG dislikes my demographic, the middle-aged guy with a job and a family who loves computer games (2 to 3 hours per day, if I can do that).  I have deep pockets but I need to feel some respect or love before I will open up my wallet.  WG is moving further and further away from that feeling.

That's because our demographic has money to spend. They don't have to keep us interested with free stuff; we will spend to get it.

"1) Is this run similar to the Marathons where only BASE XP is counted, or can you use boosters?" This is what I want to know.

Garandster #15 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 18:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5379 battles

View Postmakalu2k6, on Apr 19 2019 - 21:35, said:

View PostEnroh, on Apr 20 2019 - 04:46, said:

WG cannot make you use gold to train to 100% on the new tank line by making it for the UDES med of course, that is why. 

This is WAY too grindy for those of us older folks with wives, families and a job. 

4 crew members beats getting three and I don't think they can assign crew members to a tank that isn't in the game since we are on 1.4, not 1.5 where the meds will be in the game. You can retrain them for silver and it will pull the ~40k xp off of the second skill so the crew will go in at 100% and be just 40k on the second skill. You then basically are a few battles short of a 2 skill crew if you have a few boosters lying around.

Edit: You need to retrain to the new tank before picking the crew skills for it to work that way. I use this to transfer the tank crew that come when you buy a premium or a rental.

Edited by Garandster, Apr 20 2019 - 18:41.

Rommelman1 #16 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20302 battles

25 to 30 battles a day and finish in the top 10 means , 50-100 battles a day with the way the teams and MM still are , nothing changes from patch to patch , , except now you get all 8 matches or mostly 10 matches , you arent fighting 2 tiers up much any more.

still....no patch can fix the angry bullies that live in the game of WoT , no patch will fix the insults and no patch can fix the poor game play or selfish game play that leads to the insults and bullies.

no way i will try to grind 25-50 battles a day and try to be in the top 10 either by damage or xp , i have better things to do with my life than this

tod914 #17 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 63046 battles

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Apr 20 2019 - 06:26, said:

Thanks for saying it.

You'd really want to play some high alpha tanks for the damage mission.  ISU 152, 704, stuff like that.  My estimate might be low after looking at it again. Averaging 750 xp or so per match.  If the damage and xp ran together, then it's doable.  If they run consecutively, then I'm not even going to bother.  Way too much effort required.

adalinger22 #18 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 684 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:38, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys! 

To prepare for the release of the new Swedish Med tanks, your chance to earn crew for them starts 22APR and runs through 29APR. 

While earning the crew you can also get some equipment to help outfit your tanks, and all you have to do is play well. 

For more information on the missions and what you can earn please click HERE

Where do we find the codes to activate these missions...….

Garandster #19 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5379 battles
I just want to say I'm excited to see this offer. It may take a total of 20-30 battles to complete (a 2-3 hour session) each day to get everything, but if you're just in it for the 10k XP (Maybe drop it on a stock tank to save FXP) for example it may only take 8-10 battles. If you're grinding a Play Your Class Right mission series at the same time it makes an even better Min-Max situation. Really great event overall and can't wait to take part!

Kaitaru #20 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 20044 battles

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Apr 20 2019 - 11:26, said:

Thanks for saying it.

No need to feel bad for being a casual player that has average game performance, there are more people in a similar position as you and I than you think. Even as a good player it seems like a whole lot of effort for a non BIA crew during a very time limited event like Frontline... Lets be honest, if you were looking forward to the Leo Med line you would be close to if not at 100k exp on the leo while training a swedish medium crew with the Primo if you bought it way back when or picked up the Lansen C. Sitting at 2 skills with 3rd at 12% since I'm keeping my Swede heavy crew due to the line buffs and even as a hater of TD's you cant argue the kit of the Swedish TD line. This effectively makes this unreasonably grindy mission useless to me, for that amount of grind I honestly feel a BIA crew would be a more attractive prize for this amount of work.

Find the family/work/responsibilities argument quite funny because even with just a job with minimal responsibilities even I cant stomach a lot of these "earn" and "free T8 Prem marathon events". Granted yes I'm a average player and while I don't have deep pockets I do spend a fair amount of $$$ on WoT in the span of a year (especially x-mas *cries in IS3-A*). I'm not complaining about spending and I'm not saying there doesn't need to be a grind but with a lot of games that employ pay for progression micro transactions there needs to be a good value proposition to time spent for earn-able rewards which reflects as respecting the F2P AND P2W player like you mentioned. I don't mind paying to bypass the grind but ffs man It would be great to actually earn something in this game for once. I have more time than the average middle aged person but I like to play other games. I've moved away from MMO's and other very time sapping genres to MOBA style arcade games like LoL, Warships, WoT and some BR titles because variety is important to me. 

When WoT is all I played years ago I easily benched 8 hours after work each day and enjoyed it, power creep along with a lot of boneheaded decisions by WG has made this game a lot harder to enjoy so I play 1-3 hours at most a few days a week these days. When we get events like FL as well as these it really becomes a hard to log in unless I'm prepared to play all week in 6-8 power sessions. Really miss the days when WG NA would make it rain boosters and made so many casual fun events. I know I'm going to get crucified for mentioning the E25 event as an example, but as a EVENT its how I feel tank earning events should look. Offering multiple weeks for us to earn JUST the tank, not expecting us to grind 45-60+ hours in 10 days while slapping a whole bunch of useless junk into a PACKAGE to destroy the value proposition for those who want to do a bit of grinding for a discount to pay. I mean even if you grind 5 stages for the 50% discount of a challenge its the same as paying full price for just the tank, which most of us want in the first place. This all of nothing mentality approach when earning tanks and rewards in this game is downright a facepalm to me. I know EU and RU may be different in their work hard for everything mentality but as an American that is just straight up oppression lol. 

On another note speaking of Swedish Prems, nothing against the Lansen but I would honestly have preferred if WG would of released the Primo alongside the Lansen to promote the upcoming branch. Back when they initially offered it I passed due to the crew configuration of the Swede TD and Heavy being very weird compared to the Primo. This is now obvious as it was more designed for a branch we had no knowledge that was going to be released and me having a Cent 5/1 and other prem meds I preferred playing I passed on it and really regretting it now lol. 

Also tagged with KRZY, Crew, Sweden, Game event

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users