Jump to content


dumb things people do in frontline that sound like a good idea


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

kapri25 #41 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16722 battles
  • 1,103
  • [13A] 13A
  • Member since:
    03-21-2014

View Poststeelandpain, on Apr 20 2019 - 18:24, said:

With enough time wasted you can pretty much get whatever you want in WOT, even if you're a bad player.

 

If a bad player can get whatever they want in this game then how come I, said bad player, have completed the current season? For one, Each season lasts a week and you only complete each level by rank. So in the picture you can see I completed it within about half way through ish. Most of my battles ended with me getting captain, a couple of majors, and one general...along with a smattering of lieutenants and sergeants. Bad players who play badly (and especially rush to win) will struggle to rank up. This is a staged marathon where, if you take the time and learn how it is done, it can be enjoyable and get some sort of reward for it. Ending the battle in FL with seven, eight, and even ten minutes left hurts everyone's chance to rank up. 

Edited by kapri25, Apr 21 2019 - 00:43.


Veracks #42 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21310 battles
  • 444
  • [SU] SU
  • Member since:
    04-07-2011

I was going to start my own topic about the matter, but OP has hit upon the issue anyway, so here I am. Long story short, a lot of people seem to have no idea how to play FL correctly or what its purpose is. I'm going to try to keep this short and to the point:

 

1.) FL is for rank to get those sweet premium tanks, bonds, and gold. IT IS NOT FOR FARMING CREDITS OR XP.

2.) Winning by rushing the objectives actively hurts your ability to gain rank. The smart thing to do is slowly capture each point, and then simply hit each other close to the objectives until time runs out.

3.) The same applies to the defenders. They should allow the attackers to capture points once time gets close to running out, and they should allow the attackers to get near the objective to fight each other there.

 

Anyone who comes here to play it for "fun" (whatever that is) or get credits/XP is in the wrong game mode. You "play" FL solely to grab rank as fast as you can, and then you peace out and go back to playing regular modes while waiting for the next episode to begin.



ThePigSheFlies #43 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 02:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 69966 battles
  • 17,229
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostVeracks, on Apr 20 2019 - 18:51, said:

 

 

Anyone who comes here to play it for "fun" (whatever that is) or get credits/XP is in the wrong game mode. You "play" FL solely to grab rank as fast as you can, and then you peace out and go back to playing regular modes while waiting for the next episode to begin.

 

except, I'm not obligated to agree with your ideas.  in fact quite the opposite.  I play FL to get a reprieve from playing with these same passive, pubtatoes on crappy tiny, and/or funnel maps such as ensk, and mt pass...  you don't have to agree, you don't have to like it.  but you literally cannot do anything about it.

 

focus on the passive "snipers" and/or the folks that abandon their tanks if theyre' not on defense, or their favorite side, then worry about whether I'm playing in a way you believe is 'proper'...



Veracks #44 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 02:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21310 battles
  • 444
  • [SU] SU
  • Member since:
    04-07-2011

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 20 2019 - 20:19, said:

 

except, I'm not obligated to agree with your ideas.  in fact quite the opposite.  I play FL to get a reprieve from playing with these same passive, pubtatoes on crappy tiny, and/or funnel maps such as ensk, and mt pass...  you don't have to agree, you don't have to like it.  but you literally cannot do anything about it.

 

focus on the passive "snipers" and/or the folks that abandon their tanks if theyre' not on defense, or their favorite side, then worry about whether I'm playing in a way you believe is 'proper'...

 

I hate to break it to you, but there's no escaping the "pubtatoes", even in FL. The fact remains is that FL is exactly like Rampage and the other previous "special" modes WG has introduced. You play them just to get the special prizes, and then you go right back to your regularly scheduled randoms.

 

More importantly, neither of us would be arguing over this if WG actually did their job and balanced the mode properly. Making defending/destroying objective give a ton of rank would not only make sense, but it would heavily incentivize playing the mode the way it's supposed to be played. Getting some extra bonus to your rank for winning would also be nice. Unfortunately, WG didn't do this, so we're stuck in this dilemma where farming rank is completely against the rational logic of trying to win the game.



Bear5639 #45 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 08:52

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 7 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    10-13-2018

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 20 2019 - 03:20, said:

Here are some dumb things people do in Frontline that sound like a good idea:

 

- often people cap D then they all go into E instead of going after the objectives. then they spend 3 or 4 minutes capping E to get a 2 minute extension. for a net loss of 1 minute or more

 

- just had a game where we capped D. I told everyone the enemy had 2 defenders at obj 1 (by pressing TAB). everyone went to E. then went when they back to obj 1 they had to go up against 12 defenders.

 

- often I see time running out and tanks literally right next to an obj, which might need 1 or 2 more hits, and they don't even shoot the obj, they try to shoot enemy tanks. and then we lose.

 

- I watch the minimap while waiting to respawn. there is 1 minute or 2 minutes left in the game. I see large amounts of green dots of attacking allies just sitting near the entrance of the city not moving anywhere. I spawn in drive past them all go to the obj and start shooting at it. this happens often

 

I have other tips in this video (150+ frontline tips):

https://www.youtube....PBfpWeJw&t=166s

 

 

No that is NOT a dumb thing, Objectives hardly give you any rank boost at all, I much prefer to go and get Capture points so that i can increase my ranks... Frontline mode is NOT for winning or losing, Which that is what makes that mode as good as it is. But by all means if you prefer to stay below Lieutenant rank then you just rush off to destroy the objectives then. Every post i see you make about frontlines your always saying its dumb this or dumb that BECAUSE nobody is caring about winning or losing. RANK and XP is the ONLY things this mode is for, NOT winning or losing. So you are still having a hard time comprehending this game mode. Wargaming has made Frontline Mode EXACTLY how most of us players wanted it, We DO NOT want to waste 30 to 40 mins in a battle with 29 other guys and miss out on a bonus because 5 of us played the game proper while the other 25 ran around clueless, Then it would be JUST like PUBS. Frontline is working as intended and its for Individual performance which gives you more reward for your well played game of doing what your supposed to.  

Edited by Bear5639, Apr 21 2019 - 09:00.


SwollenOstrich #46 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24216 battles
  • 1,486
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostVeracks, on Apr 20 2019 - 19:31, said:

 

...

More importantly, neither of us would be arguing over this if WG actually did their job and balanced the mode properly. Making defending/destroying objective give a ton of rank would not only make sense, but it would heavily incentivize playing the mode the way it's supposed to be played. Getting some extra bonus to your rank for winning would also be nice. Unfortunately, WG didn't do this, so we're stuck in this dilemma where farming rank is completely against the rational logic of trying to win the game.

 

Fortunately, WG saw the error of this and did not implement it. If the objectives gave rank for destroying the objectives then EVERY game would end the same way: attacking teams would flood one zone (for instance the 10 B tanks would use the crossover to get to A), push through to D, then everyone would respawn light tanks as D was captured and they would swarm objectives and destroy them. 

 

Rewards would go to the fastest tanks only. There would be zero reason to even try to push the other two corridors, and anyone who tried would simply be stuck by their lonely selves as their teammates took out objectives. Games would be over in about 15 minutes.

 

The fact that WG foresaw this problem and prevented it is actually a good thing.



ThePigSheFlies #47 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 69966 battles
  • 17,229
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostVeracks, on Apr 20 2019 - 20:31, said:

 

I hate to break it to you, but there's no escaping the "pubtatoes", even in FL. The fact remains is that FL is exactly like Rampage and the other previous "special" modes WG has introduced. You play them just to get the special prizes, and then you go right back to your regularly scheduled randoms.

 

More importantly, neither of us would be arguing over this if WG actually did their job and balanced the mode properly. Making defending/destroying objective give a ton of rank would not only make sense, but it would heavily incentivize playing the mode the way it's supposed to be played. Getting some extra bonus to your rank for winning would also be nice. Unfortunately, WG didn't do this, so we're stuck in this dilemma where farming rank is completely against the rational logic of trying to win the game.

 

you missed the most important part of my statement.  the maps.  the maps.  the maps.

the maps.  the maps.  the maps.

the maps.  the maps.  the maps.

the maps.  the maps.  the maps.

the maps.  the maps.  the maps.

 

after this many years I'm tired beyond belief of ensk, himmels, abbey, mt pass.  all cancerously small maps, and/or pick a lane funneltastical trash.

 

literally the only reason I have grand battles turned off is because one cannot force it, it's always a surprise.



arrrgh #48 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 69628 battles
  • 261
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 20 2019 - 19:54, said:

If I remember right back during when rampage mode was a thing I looked at the missions and thought hell no.  Most of the missions were on the level of the object 260 personal campaign missions for difficulty but in a game mode I tried once or twice and didn't find fun.  I didn't even think of rigging I just wouldn't have bothered to even try at the missions due to the game mode.

 

The real problem was that there were two different map types that could spawn.  One with an extremely short timer/point limit.  One with a longer (but still really short) limit. 

On NA, the longer maps NEVER SPAWNED (At a guess 1- 5% of the time).   Most of the really hard missions were literally impossible to do on the quick map.   They could only, in theory (and if you had a perfect game), ever be done on the slow map.   Thus, they were impossible to do without count ins. 

That, plus a snowball effect where a couple of clans started counting en-mass, and there was no point playing unless you were cheating too.   Once it was obvious the mode was dying, anyone who wanted the tank was in a sudden rush to get it before it was too late.   They didn't have the 'I can play the mode for 1 year till I get the  missions', option.

There was approx 1 week of legit play in that mode, before the problems really took over.   1 week of decent pop, and before people started to realize the missions were impossible. 

Finally, the tank was OP.   If it was a meah tank, then there would have been less drama.   Only the tank collectors would have cared. 

 



Armadaus_Baldwin #49 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35509 battles
  • 159
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 20 2019 - 07:05, said:

In domination, one day I played a game and I could not find anyone on the enemy team, or the allied team. this is a 15 vs 15 game. I kept driving around and never found them. This happened game after game after game. People were all meeting in a secret location behind a hill in the corner, allowing the enemy to shoot them to farm damage, to try and get 15,000 hp to win a free T22 medium. (I was able to get 14950 dmg without cheating and never won a T22 Medium https://www.youtube....h?v=cy4xIwItJ1g ), and I was probably a 47% winrate player or less at the time

 

In frontline, eventually clans are going to start cheating. they are going to leave their flank to go to meet up with their allies in another part of the map to farm damage. they will rank up. if clans ever take over this game, it will be over for frontline. they are probably already doing it, which explains all the dumb behavior I am seeing.

 

some tanks have 3,000hp in tier 10. a clan could easily help 1 player get 20,000 dmg in one game.

 

exploiting the game so you can get a free tank is going to ruin this game.

 

WG took free premium tanks (T22 medium) away from people that won them

 

when they took away domination, because of rampant cheating by clans trying to win free premium tanks, I got so angry at not being able to play domination anymore that I quit playing WOT for about 1 year. right now I mostly only play frontline.

 

Everyone that has a T22 medium is called a cheater as soon as the game starts.

 

Have 1 player hide in 1 location, another hide in a separate location, both near resupply facilties. keep firing rounds at the hidden positions. when low on hp, go resupply. repeat. rank up. frontline canceled due to cheating.

 

Dude... nobody cares. 

BobTheBaconator #50 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:32

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16557 battles
  • 108
  • [DR0W] DR0W
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 19 2019 - 20:20, said:

Here are some dumb things people do in Frontline that sound like a good idea:

 

- often people cap D then they all go into E instead of going after the objectives. then they spend 3 or 4 minutes capping E to get a 2 minute extension. for a net loss of 1 minute or more

 

- just had a game where we capped D. I told everyone the enemy had 2 defenders at obj 1 (by pressing TAB). everyone went to E. then went when they back to obj 1 they had to go up against 12 defenders.

 

- often I see time running out and tanks literally right next to an obj, which might need 1 or 2 more hits, and they don't even shoot the obj, they try to shoot enemy tanks. and then we lose.

 

- I watch the minimap while waiting to respawn. there is 1 minute or 2 minutes left in the game. I see large amounts of green dots of attacking allies just sitting near the entrance of the city not moving anywhere. I spawn in drive past them all go to the obj and start shooting at it. this happens often

 

I have other tips in this video (150+ frontline tips):

https://www.youtube....PBfpWeJw&t=166s

 

 

Please for the love of god, stop playing frontline. the mode is a [edited]joke because of cancer like you. 

If WG wanted to remove their head from their [edited], they should remove all 5 guns, add 3 OR 5 more caps in the locations where the guns are, attackers win by capping all the bases. then make it so the winning team gets 500 rank progress for winning. everything else stays the same, 


Edited by BobTheBaconator, Apr 22 2019 - 01:38.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users