people are losing frontline on purpose because of prestige

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

cheapbooks #1 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 03:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

I hear in almost every game people who want to throw the game so they can farm damage to get prestige to be general, even though everyone else will receive less prestige. they say that being general and losing is better than having a lower rank and winning. so instead of trying to win, they try to earn prestige, and throw the game

in addition, they only want to do this before they reach the general rank. once they reach the general rank, they change their strategy to try and win.

only perhaps 25% of players get enough prestige to have this advantage. so most players have a net loss when some are trying to throw the game for prestige. it is good for some and bad for most.

if this does not change, the game is going to eventually be run by stat padders. the incentive to become general is too high. you should get more prestige from winning and not just from being general.

I see tanks right next to objectives that might need a few more hits, and instead of them firing at the objectives, they shoot other tanks.

how about if you win, you get the prestige as it currently exists in the game, if you lose, the general prestige is not enough to be a net benefit by losing.

Edited by cheapbooks, Apr 20 2019 - 03:55.

Zanarkand_C #2 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33216 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
I've played a few games that we was winning tell people wanted to let them have caps because they wanted to farm and we ended up losing the game. :I It's the wot community though what else did you expect? Lol have you played Ranked battles before? XD same thing really.

liamcraig1245 #3 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33530 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Yeah there's literally no incentive to win so why win when both teams can farm more by prolonging the game as long as possible? It's not like the mode counts towards any sort of stats.

Mojo_Riesing #4 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:37

Captain

• Players
  • 18918 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postliamcraig1245, on Apr 19 2019 - 19:10, said:

Yeah there's literally no incentive to win so why win when both teams can farm more by prolonging the game as long as possible? It's not like the mode counts towards any sort of stats.

No STATS=GOOD!

SporkBoy #5 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:41

Major

• Players
  • 43833 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

Nobody wants to throw the game. The point is to put the maximum time on the clock and use as much time as  possible farming to increase rank. Save the lat objective for the last 2 minutes.

People scrambling for a win with 8 minutes on the clock are the norm I'm seeing and that is simply stupid.

Perco_lator #6 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 52 battles
Blame WG for not making winning a priority not the players. The higher the rank the more progress towards prestige points, that is first priority & second is farming damage for credits.

Jolly33 #7 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43354 battles
  • [PLAIN] PLAIN

OP just doesn't get it.  Guess he isn't interested in the reward tanks...or has a lot more time to waste than the rest of us.

cheapbooks #8 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 04:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View PostJolly33, on Apr 20 2019 - 04:48, said:

OP just doesn't get it.  Guess he isn't interested in the reward tanks...or has a lot more time to waste than the rest of us.

You don't get it. People are *not* getting the max prestige when the game is thrown. Only the people with the highest ranks are.

And you are right, I am at max prestige because as you say, I have lots of time to waste.

SwollenOstrich #9 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:03

Captain

• Players
  • 24216 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 19 2019 - 20:52, said:

I hear in almost every game people who want to throw the game so they can farm damage to get prestige to be general, even though everyone else will receive less prestige. they say that being general and losing is better than having a lower rank and winning. so instead of trying to win, they try to earn prestige, and throw the game

in addition, they only want to do this before they reach the general rank. once they reach the general rank, they change their strategy to try and win.

only perhaps 25% of players get enough prestige to have this advantage. so most players have a net loss when some are trying to throw the game for prestige. it is good for some and bad for most.

if this does not change, the game is going to eventually be run by stat padders. the incentive to become general is too high. you should get more prestige from winning and not just from being general.

I see tanks right next to objectives that might need a few more hits, and instead of them firing at the objectives, they shoot other tanks.

how about if you win, you get the prestige as it currently exists in the game, if you lose, the general prestige is not enough to be a net benefit by losing.

So much ignorance here. I hardly know where to begin. You don't get more or less prestige by winning or losing, for starters. No one is trying to throw the game, but winning is secondary to getting to General.

GenPanzer #10 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 43378 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 19 2019 - 22:58, said:

You don't get it. People are *not* getting the max prestige when the game is thrown. Only the people with the highest ranks are.

And you are right, I am at max prestige because as you say, I have lots of time to waste.

It's not necessarily about getting max prestige for everyone, as that just isn't possible. But it's about getting the highest prestige that everyone is capable to get. If the battle lasts longer and someone gets captain instead of lieutenant, then they benefit. They get nothing more for a win, at least not anything worth it for the win.

SwollenOstrich #11 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:20

Captain

• Players
  • 24216 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 19 2019 - 21:58, said:

See? This doesn't even make sense. Did you even read the Frontlines Instruction Guide?

Status of General or Captain or Private is completely unrelated to winning or throwing the game. The fact that you think it is related, well, that just shows you don't have the slightest clue. 

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:29

Major

• Players
  • 69804 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

TL/DR;  Direct response to the thread title.

And?

This mode by design is a different type of marathon event.  And as such it's not geared towards winning, instead it is geared toward prestige/rank and getting the most bang for your buck.  If you're playing the mode for the intended rewards/event then you farm prestige/rank plain and simple.

If you add a prestige/rank bonus for winning and a penalty for losing then the pissing and moaning will be even worse. 

Because then folks will want the rank/prestige bonuses to go hand in hand with the extra bonus for winning.   And the other folks will be riled because they played the mode and got screwed because of 59 other folks because of a loss.  

Hell it's bad enough now when folks blow three turrets all to hell with 8 minutes of farming potential left because of a few folks that don't get it.

Just accept the mode as WG designed it aka it's "working as intended".

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/frontline-episode-1-regulations/

Depending on the Rank received, you get a multiplier to your experience.

Private

Sergeant

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

General

Tier Progress:

-

+150

+350

+600

+900

+1,200

EXP Bonus:

-

+10%

+25%

+50%

+100%

+200%

The experience multiplier is applied after the battle to the total net experience of all tanks in which you rolled into battle.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Apr 20 2019 - 05:41.

tod914 #13 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 05:51

Major

• Players
  • 63088 battles

It's best to give up caps when needed, etc., to extend the game play.  Your already in the battle... get as much Prestige as possible as to ease the pain of the grind.

Spoiler

cheapbooks #14 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Apr 20 2019 - 05:20, said:

See? This doesn't even make sense. Did you even read the Frontlines Instruction Guide?

Status of General or Captain or Private is completely unrelated to winning or throwing the game. The fact that you think it is related, well, that just shows you don't have the slightest clue. 

So then why are people throwing the game?

Status of General is related to winning or throwing the game. Players will intentionally avoid winning in order to spend time increasing their rank. They complain when their team tries to win. They say their team mates are morons or idiots when their team mates are trying to win. They complain when their team wins because they wanted to spend more time trying to achieve a higher rank. That is what this whole issue is.

Edited by cheapbooks, Apr 20 2019 - 06:05.

cheapbooks #15 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Apr 20 2019 - 05:03, said:

So much ignorance here. I hardly know where to begin. You don't get more or less prestige by winning or losing, for starters. No one is trying to throw the game, but winning is secondary to getting to General.

You are wrong. You get more prestige by avoiding winning. The chat is filled with players demanding that other players stop trying to win.

Winning is not secondary to getting to General. If you don't win, you get a lower winrate. If you get a lower winrate, you are not a skilled player. Based on people's comments in other threads on this website, getting General, and a lower winrate, means you are a less skilled player, because as people say in other threads, low winrates is lower player skill.

Edited by cheapbooks, Apr 20 2019 - 06:09.

cheapbooks #16 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS
Its funny how the solution, incentivizing people to gain more prestige by winning, is not popular by respondents on this thread.

mlinke #17 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:10

Captain

• Players
  • 52499 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I just hate people who kill objectives and there is 8 min left. Or people who do not let attackers cap even they have caped only a and b. Lose lose situation for all.

RoIito #18 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15921 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 20 2019 - 00:05, said:

So then why are people throwing the game?

Status of General is related to winning or throwing the game. Players will intentionally avoid winning in order to spend time increasing their rank. They complain when their team tries to win. They say their team mates are morons or idiots when their team mates are trying to win. They complain when their team wins because they wanted to spend more time trying to achieve a higher rank. That is what this whole issue is.

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 20 2019 - 00:07, said:

You are wrong. You get more prestige by avoiding winning. The chat is filled with players demanding that other players stop trying to win.

Winning is not secondary to getting to General. If you don't win, you get a lower winrate. If you get a lower winrate, you are not a skilled player. Based on people's comments in other threads on this website, getting General, and a lower winrate, means you are a less skilled player, because as people say in other threads, low winrates is lower player skill.

I'm definitely failing to see how this is a bad thing, isn't the whole point of FL getting through ranks and prestiges faster, so you don't have to waste that much time in a boring and repetitive grind?

If not, please explain to all of us with your infinite wisdom, how winning matters in FL.

cheapbooks #19 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

Another way people throw the game, is that the defending team will demand that other players allow the enemy to cap, even if it means losing the game. It is both the attackers and defenders who are exploiting the game. So while some of us are working hard to earn prestige by resetting cap, we are being bad mouthed by lazy unskilled players who refuse to earn prestige as what set in the parameters of the game.

cheapbooks #20 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 06:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

View Postmlinke, on Apr 20 2019 - 06:10, said:

I just hate people who kill objectives and there is 8 min left. Or people who do not let attackers cap even they have caped only a and b. Lose lose situation for all.

It sucks when that happens. I played a game of Domination / Rampage on Mines, the one with the flags, and we literally had the entire enemy team in the garage waiting to respawn for most of the game. And the guy with the flag (on my team) refused to get on the cap to win the game, he just sat next to it. So as soon as an enemy tank spawned in, he got blasted by 15 tanks. I wish I had that replay.

When you have 8 minutes left, you can take your time winning. But when you have 1 minute left and people are trying to throw the game because they are obsessed with farming damage, then that's a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users