You don't hear this very often!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mackinawjim45 #1 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 13:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42335 battles

I'm on a winning streak the size of Texas! I know, someone actually happy instead of complaining about losing all of the time.

I play a couple hours everyday and for the last couple weeks I'm winning 50 to 60 percent of most games, even when I die in the first couple minutes!

I just want to point out that this does happen but you rarely hear it here, people just like to complain . Everybody has winning streaks in this game (well, most people).

In life, I think we take for granted when things are going well, that's how it's supposed to be , right? But as soon as it "comes off the rails" , here we go again, I'm getting a raw deal as usual!

The Zen of tanks? Maybe we can learn from this game and apply what we learn on the battlefield to life. Try to notice when things are going well and maybe realize things aren't all that bad.

Thanks for reading, for some reason I'm feeling philosophical on this Saturday morning.

RHeadshot #2 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 14:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3365 battles
You've won 50 to 60 percent of your games for 42,000 games.  Not sure what you're going on about, because it's what you've done since you began playing 8 years ago.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 15:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 28667 battles

Perhaps that is the Zen of Tanking in WoT, first responder?  To be able to take in stride the losses and not expect the wins as a 'given' is the art of being able to be "zen" about the whole thing.

Maybe it's learning to 'be in the moment' while you play and not focused on your win/loss record, that 'raw deal' mentioned above or feeling as if something is deserved as an outcome.  Also, it could be applying your skills as well as you can at all moments, even when your mind tells you, "Oh, man, this is a loss for sure."

Unlike the OP, I am currently in a bit of a 'slump' and am having great difficulty in seemingly pulling off that dubya (the Win, colloquially called a W) lately.

Am I frustrated?  Sure.  Am I upset over it?  Not at all.  It's part of the cycle of adjusting to changes.

Every match is different and every team is different, no matter that there are limited maps, limited templates for team selection and limited variety in what you, yourself, can select for play (which is STILL a large set of variables with over 400 units and ten tiers to choose from), there are still differences of playing styles, favorable map positions, sides of the map or choices to make when the countdown timer hits Zero and the game starts.  Nothing is ever the same in this mixed bag of nuts, bolts and shells.

And, ultimately, this is where the philosophical rubber meets the off-road of virtual reality.  How do you keep your zen-like cool when all this other stuff is going on, running over and ramming your expectations of success?  There are 14 others on your side, hopefully with the same zeal and desire to win, because you know you cannot count on the same level of skill or awareness of what that takes to achieve it.  At the same time you are opposed by 15 others who, ostensibly, have the same objectives, which, oddly enough, are 100% counter to yours.  How do you keep cool and focused with all this extra expectation running all over yours?

You can say, "its' just a game," yet we all know that such a phrase tends to ring hollow when your heart rate exceeds 100 beats per minute and you feel it hammering in your chest (I do at least, but my doctor told me, "I'm not worried about your heart, you have a strong heart," after putting in a stent).  The excitement of the match can make you lose focus, get tunnel visioned, forget to check your map as you're aiming in for that kill shot, etc.

More importantly, you have to just literally play your best and focus on that as much as possible.

Speaking of 'feeling' philosophical.  Thanks for the positive post, OP!

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

StoveBolt54 #4 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 15:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28252 battles

Take your positive post and put it where the sun don't shine.

:D

Sláinte !

riversteel #5 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 15:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 95696 battles
I hope so.

mlinke #6 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 16:33

Captain

• Players
  • 52499 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Gold chai sniping much pretending its skill?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users