a simple walkthrough

enjoy the losses

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Chippy67 #1 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 17:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32004 battles

Newcomers welcome.  here is a simple walkthrough of your typical game here in world of tanks.  You are tank "A", you are firghting tank "B". it will go as follows:

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Your dead. you lose.

Next you are now tank "B" shooting tank "A"

Game goes like this;

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you 

your dead . you lose.

Wash and repeat. 

Welcome to world of rigged carp games

ChaseR392 #2 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8328 battles
:popcorn:

StoveBolt54 #3 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 17:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30257 battles
OP is getting a bit chippy aint he ?

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

That's not my experience... sorry 'bout y'all.

Boghie #5 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 19:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8501 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Eh...

How did you win almost half your games? 

Was it the:

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

and Dead

or the:

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you 

and Dead

Rigged!!!

death_stryker #6 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID
This right here is my pet peeve: people venting in the Newcomer's Forum. If you're gonna vent, do it in a more appropriate place, such as General Discussion, please.

3bagsfull #7 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Well, a new player with an 80% crew and no equipment he'll struggle to bounce even when fully aimed - since you actually have to hit the target to get it to bounce.   Lol.

VooDooKobra #8 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 9999 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostChippy67, on Apr 20 2019 - 09:41, said:

Newcomers welcome.  here is a simple walkthrough of your typical game here in world of tanks.  You are tank "A", you are firghting tank "B". it will go as follows:

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Your dead. you lose.

Next you are now tank "B" shooting tank "A"

Game goes like this;

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you

They pen you 

your dead . you lose.

Wash and repeat. 

Welcome to world of rigged carp games

got any replays of your typical games for evaluation?  my guess is lack of skill when it comes to basics like aiming (right clicking is not aiming), angling armor, side scraping and others.  it is most likely you are suffering from pebcak rigging which can be serious but is fixable

Who__invader #9 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles
Pretty much the best advice anyone has given me about his game is try and be the last person to die. Don't camp unless it will keep you alive until you figure out how to play differently but basically if you could just stay alive you're doing better than everybody else maybe not in points but you know how to repair your tank and resupply consumables and also when you get towards the end of the game there's less targets and less people that can kill you and that's when you pop out and start taking shots at people. I wish they had different game modes like one on one or 5 on 5 or everybody is in the same tier. My biggest complaint is that you can't go into a training room by yourself and explore the maps that really pisses me off

Chippy67 #10 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32004 battles
yes, you are right. all my stats are going up but my winrate. so it's me. the reason for posting on the newcomers forum is to let the new players know what to expect for this game. the best thing a new player can do is uninstall the game and spend their time playing a game that is rigged against them. the second best advice is to back out of a game when your team is crumbling around you.  you pay a small penalty but at least your not cannon fodder for a match you will not win. enjoy

dunniteowl #11 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 18:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

My experience was that, as a newcomer, I didn't have that much time.

IN lower tiers (I-III) more often than not you will take aim and by the time you fire with the ring fully closed, you will be hit by three or four shots, possibly from more than one direction.  You may also find someone running up on you, getting right up beside you, then going Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew and you blow up and die.  The other situation is you are moving to position and then Bam, bam, bam, bam gone.  What just hit me?

The rest of the time, you may be getting to where you think you want to setup and by the time you get there, your team has moved so far up you have no targets and they are winning the game for you.  You might get a chance to fire a few shots and maybe (though as likely not) they will hit a Red unit.  On some occasions, you will actually be in the right place at the right time, get super lucky and pen most every shot and your opponents are much worse than you are, for whatever reason and you Carry the match or most of it and win.

That's honestly what New Players can expect to have happen as often (possibly more often) as not.

You will try all manner of 'clever' ideas that you are sure no-one else has tried or done to death that simply Never Work.  You will hang back to 'defend' that pass and not realize that defending it from closer to it is the winning method.  Other times you will get too far forward and no-one else went your way and you meet the Lemming Train of Red Team and get overwhelmed in about three seconds.  Still yet, other times you will get into position and someone else newer than you is pinging you in the back of your tank with shots they intend for the targets ahead of you, while you are busily wondering why the hell your own team mate is shooting you -- if you realize it is coming from behind you in the first place.

None of this should be seen or PLACED into a negative light.  It is part of the process of learning to play this game.  We all started off ignorant to the functions, methods, techniques and tricks to good play and if we let getting our butts kicked trigger us into rage from frustration, then we deserve our further losses.

New Players:  You are going to play against Real People.  You are going to play against some folks with thousands upon thousands of games of experience at whatever tier you think is fine for you.  You are going to be playing against some folks that ONLY play at low tiers and have their tanks as advantaged as possible with Complex Equipment (Modules), Camo Skins, Skilled Crews (100% crew qualification and maybe 1 to 3 Skills/Perks) and advanced knowledge of the game mechanics compared to you.

You WILL be meat for some.  You will be pawned repeatedly until you get your feet under you and your crews fully qualified.

Don't let this scare you away from the fact that you can still have fun while doing this.  If you value skill and experience, then you must admit that getting your butt kicked by them is going to happen.  You will also realize the benefit of this challenge while you learn just how to drive and shoot. 

You will become more patient and observant while recognizing the importance of gaining good tactical FORWARD positioning and relative support by being close enough to your team mates to provide focus fire against opponents.  You will come to appreciate the difference between concealment and cover and you will decide to learn to be a better player BECAUSE better players are showing you how easily they can dominate the field against those who lack the experience and knowledge to effectively fight against them.

And, at some point, you are going to want to learn how to be a better player, because most of you are humans who don't like quitting or being beaten.  You will then seek out that information and look for ways to improve.

I offer you this:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

It WILL help you, because this stuff is what helped ME the most out of all the stuff I researched, viewed, read and looked at to "get better" at playing the game when I realized I wasn't very good at it.

Read, Reflect, Ask Questions.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Apr 21 2019 - 22:35.

VooDooKobra #12 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 9999 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostChippy67, on Apr 21 2019 - 08:35, said:

yes, you are right. all my stats are going up but my winrate. so it's me. the reason for posting on the newcomers forum is to let the new players know what to expect for this game. the best thing a new player can do is uninstall the game and spend their time playing a game that is rigged against them. the second best advice is to back out of a game when your team is crumbling around you.  you pay a small penalty but at least your not cannon fodder for a match you will not win. enjoy

i need more info, what tanks were you bouncing all shots off of, where were you aiming, did you just right click and hope for the best?  there are many reasons to bounce shot after shot and none of them have to do with rigging.  as well with the pens how well did you angle your tank?  were you sidescraping? was the weakspots exposed?  again all things that have zero to do with rigging.  if you would put up a replay maybe someone can evaluate it and see what is happening.  my bet is still mistakes you are making and not rigging

Chippy67 #13 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32004 battles
well i already know how to play the game. that is the point. lower tiers won't have these issues. they want you to have a good time until you get to tier 8+, then you will start to see what I'm talking about. My stats show that i'm improving. I been improving for years. But my win rate doesn't change. after a couple of thousand games at high tiers, you will see that your shots bounce and theirs don't. or if your really putting in your all, you look and realize that your team has melted around you.  

VooDooKobra #14 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 9999 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostChippy67, on Apr 21 2019 - 13:18, said:

well i already know how to play the game. that is the point. lower tiers won't have these issues. they want you to have a good time until you get to tier 8+, then you will start to see what I'm talking about. My stats show that i'm improving. I been improving for years. But my win rate doesn't change. after a couple of thousand games at high tiers, you will see that your shots bounce and theirs don't. or if your really putting in your all, you look and realize that your team has melted around you.  

i play up to tier 10, i go over my replays and use mods that show me where i hit/penned and where i was hit penned.  when i don't pen usually i am going after a vehicle i shouldn't, they are angled or i got lazy and just right clicked.  also, games, where i get penned as you say, are when i play a tank wrong, for example angling a pike nose, or not angling a regular tank.  a player can only control what mistakes they make, not what others make

again all this can happen with zero rigging

Chippy67 #15 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 22:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32004 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Apr 21 2019 - 21:47, said:

i play up to tier 10, i go over my replays and use mods that show me where i hit/penned and where i was hit penned.  when i don't pen usually i am going after a vehicle i shouldn't, they are angled or i got lazy and just right clicked.  also, games, where i get penned as you say, are when i play a tank wrong, for example angling a pike nose, or not angling a regular tank.  a player can only control what mistakes they make, not what others make

again all this can happen with zero rigging

Dude, looking at your stats, you are a horrible player. you have a little over 50 tier 10 battles.  you won't notice what i'm talking about.

dunniteowl #16 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 23:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

View PostChippy67, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:40, said:

Dude, looking at your stats, you are a horrible player. you have a little over 50 tier 10 battles.  you won't notice what i'm talking about.

His overall is merely 1.25% lower than yours and you're calling HIM a "horrible" player?  What does that make you?  Merely awful?  Just really bad?

I mean, come on, man, that's wholly hyperbolically unjust and uncalled for -- especially when the margin of difference is so small while the number of matches difference is a ratio of 1:3 between he and you.  He has Much More Time to Correct and Improve notably as compared to you.

If he were at the same number of matches or greater, then your scorn might be sort of, kind of deserved.  In this case?  You need to dial it down, son.  You ain't no shooting star in comparison.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Apr 21 2019 - 23:01.

Chippy67 #17 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 23:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32004 battles
well dunni, you've just proved my point. his win rate is close to mine yet my damage, k/d ratio, spotting are all much better. none of you are playing tier ten, which is what i'm talking about.

Edited by Chippy67, Apr 21 2019 - 23:18.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 23:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

Doesn't matter, if you're playing tier 10 and doing this poorly, you have no reason to call someone else a bad player who is just lower than you by a slim, SLIM margin.  And so what if you play tier 10 and I don't?  What's that REALLY got to do with it other than making it a pissing contest about ego?

OvO

VooDooKobra #19 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 9999 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostChippy67, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:16, said:

well dunni, you've just proved my point. his win rate is close to mine yet my damage, k/d ratio, spotting are all much better. none of you are playing tier ten, which is what i'm talking about.

yep you are right i played very few tier 10 games, mainly because i decided early i wasnt ready for it but if you are talking about tier 10 games all along why not say that?   as well it would not be applicable to new players since none of them would have tier 10 tanks

but thank you as i tried to keep it civil you decided to throw out my win rate instead if countering any of the arguments I made about how rigging is not the most likely reason.  i know my faults but i dont go around blaming rigging

cloudwalkr #20 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56324 battles
Hmmm...I must have a much better gaming chair because my games go very different from OP's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users