okay so it's a bad team weekend again blah blah blah.......

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Tolos #21 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 08:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 20 2019 - 23:34, said:

lol thx boghie for the brick.  And yes to all the other salty responses I do deserve it and should be better.  Just trying to make losing still a little fun.

Tell you who else deserves better ?, the people on your team that have to carry you to wins. It goes both ways mate. 

Pipinghot #22 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:38

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSplatterit, on Apr 20 2019 - 17:56, said:

If they allow the modpack to show an outcome of less than 40% on 80% of my battles its not ever going to be a 50% proposition.

That's not a thing, you're just making up numbers to make yourself feel justified with no basis in reality. You WR for the last month has been 46.2%, so it's painfully obvious that your chance to win has not been "less than 40% on 80% of my battles". The truth is that your performance since the MM change is pretty much the same as it has always been, the only difference is that you can't blame being bottom tier as often.

View PostSplatterit, on Apr 20 2019 - 17:56, said:

So here's what I am doing. Reporting AFK folks and playing until I lose 5. Mostly been 5 in a row. Then I log. Maybe play warships, but I bought an old car to focus energy on. WOT is like any game that is not enjoyable if you don't have at least a chance of winning. Getting slapped in the face and coming back for more is a bit sadistic. 

Sounds like you're suffering from burnout and just don't want to admit you haven't improved in a very long time.

Pipinghot #23 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 10:00

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 20 2019 - 21:30, said:

I don't give a sh#t about stats I just want to play at a higher tier's and be able to compete.

Then do that, compete.

This is a game of pure PvP, if you want to compete then you have to do the work to make yourself competitive. The point of stats is not to have good stats, it's to help you understand whether or not you are being competitive and helping your teams. If you have below-average stat that means you are making a below average contribution to your teams. If you want to win more, do the work to get better, it's just that simple.

Boghie #24 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 12:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 20 2019 - 21:30, said:

Lol Losing is tough but it has nothing to what I'm trying to say about myself.  I don't give a sh#t about stats I just want to play at a higher tier's and be able to compete.  I don't play with mod's anymore and need to see xvm values.  I not that player that has to reroll and play lower tiers to show others they have a high win percentage on the screen.  I played with Prostar in frontlines the other day, along with Trouble they both played a consistent great game.  They were at the top of the players list at the end of the game.  I mean within the top five most of the time.  As you see and know their WR percentage doesn't show what they are really capable of doing in this game.  I just want to be able to play in higher tier's without getting my azz handed to me by most other players.  I guess I could go back down to lower tiers and stat pad my WR with better crews but that's not me.  I do have great battles when my team lays a egg but how can you ever learn if every other battle you don't know if your heavy tanks are going to camp with arty.  I really think the player base talent has gone down as mentioned from above.  I'm sure like anything else unless your playing several hours a week your never going to keep up with the better players in the higher tiers.  Looks like i'm going to get my BT-2 and matilda out for fun lol, hopefully I can put a six skilled crew in them.

Coco,

When you look at stats post-game it should not really be about "I did enough damage to help the team".  That is sorta important, I mean if you find yourself on the bottom of the experience and damage list consistently than that is something to work on.  But, the real thing to think about after a game is "Could I have done something to help WIN the game".  So, yeah, WR really does matter and WR really does show that you are capable of doing something.  It shows you are capable of winning.  Any other stat on the books builds into that.

When you talk about competing you are talking about WR - not Wn8, not Experience, not Damage, not Spotting, or whatever.  If you lose who cares if you got some damage on a useless flank or killed a tank when it was 12 - 4.  To win you have to do something where the guys on the OTHER team are justifying THEIR gameplay by looking at damage points and personal Wn8.

And, yeah, there are some (many?) games where players of our skill level have no chance of supporting a win.  When the goobers run the Valley of Death or take the leisurely beach walk the only hope is that some 57%er+ in a good tank for that map can carry.  I hate those games.

cocobabygirl #25 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12512 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Tolos your 100% right I feel like crap when I don't do my share of damage or spotting or arty killing.  Imagine me on a team that I say is worse than me not doing anything, that's why I say the player base is worse.  I'm also sick and tired of hearing that what about the other 50% players don't they have to win .......... Yes the other 50% do win either in a blow out one sided battle or like others say if the lesser players just can do a little of their share of damage to tanks, the better players can carry that team to a win.  I've seen and platooned with players that were left with 30% or more of the enemy tanks left and pulled out a win for our team.  Lol even watching twitter's better WOT players having a blow out frontlines battle where they can't do nothing but score top banana because they are on a suk azz team.  Maybe a requirement to allow players to advance into the next tier would help I'm just saying.  It's not fun anymore for ME to have a great game to only lose because of a bunch of losers.  If anyone can answer, how many tanks on a team would make the difference for a win regardless of how the performance of the other tanks are 3,5,8?

Boghie #26 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 14:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Because you asked...

The first team to kill a tank has an edge.  If the other team does not match that kill quickly then the edge becomes much more defined.  If a second kill is made on that same flank than the roll is probably on for that flank.  The way the other team can deal with a two tank disadvantage on a flank is:

• To quickly win the other flank
  • To flex tanks from the other flank
  • Or, to hope the winning team is passive

If you do not support the early kills than you have to find a way to support the early kills.

Now, the problem is that most folks don't flex - they die in place.  Another problem is that many players are timid.  They get a tank - or even multiple tank - advantage on a flank and do not push that edge.  Sometimes they even Battle Chat:  "Pull Back!!!  Let them come to us!!!".  Another amazing thing is how few folks emphasize VR in their crews and tanks.  They are blind.  They start yammering about how LTs don't spot (although that might be true) or how RNG is blowing their shots (although that might be true) or how they always seem to get ROFL Stomped.  Regardless, how many games are won by blind Timids who don't move?  

cocobabygirl #27 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12512 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Very well said Mr. Boghie

Pipinghot #28 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 21 2019 - 07:03, said:

Maybe a requirement to allow players to advance into the next tier would help I'm just saying.

Why would you want that, you would never have been allowed past Tier 1. I'm not saying that to insult you, frankly I don't care about your stats if you're having fun playing the game. You are a solid red player all the way through Tier V in every thing except mediums, where you're orange at Tier V. I can't for the life of me imagine why you would want a system that would have prevented you from playing anything above Tier 1 until you got better, that's pretty mind boggling.

It's not fun anymore for ME to have a great game to only lose because of a bunch of losers.

And how do you think it makes other people feel to have to constantly carry you? The only reason your WR is that high is because this is a game with large teams, if the teams were smaller your win rate would be worse, and if it was a 1 vs 1 game your WR would be somewhere from 5-10%. So while you're talking about how "It's not fun for ME anymore" you really need to think about all of those people who are carrying you to wins that you haven't earned. It's pretty darned selfish and hypocritical for you to complain if you just happen to have a good game and lose.

You are under no obligation to be good, it's a public game and you can play it on your own terms. But if you're going to complain about "a bunch of losers" you'd better get a lot more honest with yourself.

If anyone can answer, how many tanks on a team would make the difference for a win regardless of how the performance of the other tanks are 3,5,8?

There is no single answer to that, the performance of every tank in a team always matters, it's just a question of exactly how much each tank matters based on the team size. Obviously when you're 1/15th of your team your performance is less important than if you were 1/5th of your team, but ever tank always matters at least somewhat. The more players there are per team, the less that each individual player's performance affects the their teams, what's why in this game with 15-person teams even really bad players can still win 40-45% of their battles. A person could basically go AFK for every battle and still have a win rate of 38-40%. If the teams in this game were 5-person teams then going AFK every battle would give a win rate lower than 38-40%. Team size matters, but even on large teams the performance of everyone has at least some influence on the teams chance to win.

Boghie #29 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well,

I have attained the WR of a Bot today.  Ugh... 

So far an amazing 36.8% WR.

Gotta go up from here!

I hope:hiding:

Boghie #30 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Time to bring my 37.2% Winning Ways to Frontlines!!!

Just think, you can mercilessly farm me for credits.  Maybe this is how we can take advantage of Frontlines.

But, to Wargaming's credit I have only been in four blowouts (one team or the other has 5 or fewer kills) out of forty games.  I think I only had one -2 game as well.  Don't think I was ever +2.  To me +-1 is basically an even match.

Copacetic #31 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 23:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48114 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostBoghie, on Apr 21 2019 - 19:57, said:

Well,

I have attained the WR of a Bot today.  Ugh...

So far an amazing 36.8% WR.

Gotta go up from here!

I hope:hiding:

hope is not a good strategy

dunniteowl #32 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 20 2019 - 20:30, said:

Lol Losing is tough but it has nothing to what I'm trying to say about myself.  I don't give a sh#t about stats I just want to play at a higher tier's and be able to compete.  I don't play with mod's anymore and need to see xvm values.  I not that player that has to reroll and play lower tiers to show others they have a high win percentage on the screen.  I played with Prostar in frontlines the other day, along with Trouble they both played a consistent great game.  They were at the top of the players list at the end of the game.  I mean within the top five most of the time.  As you see and know their WR percentage doesn't show what they are really capable of doing in this game.  I just want to be able to play in higher tier's without getting my azz handed to me by most other players.  I guess I could go back down to lower tiers and stat pad my WR with better crews but that's not me.  I do have great battles when my team lays a egg but how can you ever learn if every other battle you don't know if your heavy tanks are going to camp with arty.  I really think the player base talent has gone down as mentioned from above.  I'm sure like anything else unless your playing several hours a week your never going to keep up with the better players in the higher tiers.  Looks like i'm going to get my BT-2 and matilda out for fun lol, hopefully I can put a six skilled crew in them.

I stopped at the bolded and underlined portion of this post, OP.

These words strung together are SELF CANCELLING.   You cannot COMPETE at Higher Tiers and NOT CARE about Stats.  I would argue further that you Must Care About Stats in Some Measure in ORDER TO COMPETE.

Competition is ALL ABOUT measuring your skills relative to your peers and colleagues.  As MM doesn't give a $4!T about stats, you have to in order to be competitive.   The higher tier you go, the more likely you are to run into a majority of players who, in fact, give a bowel movement about their stats and yours.  They will bend your tank over the stats railings and wax you good.  And they'll laugh as they zip up and walk away about how easy that was.

You cannot be Competitive and Not Care about your stats.  They are mutually exclusive concepts.

You should give that due consideration and rethink your position -- or it will be that of being bent over those rails time and time and time again.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

cocobabygirl #33 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12512 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
hey pipinghot I can see why you think I suk across the board but what you don't know I'll fill you in.  As far as carry me to a win I'll send you a replay from this weekend where I carried the team to a win.  I was a late bloomer and my first 6500 battles were someone who didn't even know what six sense was.  If it wasn't for this forum and mainly my clan along with players like dunniteowl, I would still be not knowing anything.  So as many players I have the option of rerolling with a false stat record or just play from this point on to have knowledge and fun for the game.  Don't know what you look at when seeing if a player just suks or has been improving since I started to understand the game.  If you read the great explanation from the post above(dunniteowl) that is a more intelligent, well thought threw answer rather than typing before fully understanding.  If you want to really baffle your mind check out prostar190 stats and see if your lame thinking understands it.  It's players like yourself is why I don't just reroll and would rather want you to think I'm a easy tank for your taking and send you back to the garage.

Boghie #34 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 02:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCopacetic, on Apr 21 2019 - 17:15, said:

hope is not a good strategy

Hope is all I had :medal:

Absolutely horrid session in regular pubs today - and I did my part in that.  I was horrid.  Ugh.  Hate days like today...

Actually, FrontLines turned out ok.  Not great, but ok.  Won some games, earned some credits, skilled up some HT crews.  Felt better than pubs today...  Hope springs eternal.  It is Easter after all!!!

Pipinghot #35 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 21 2019 - 19:38, said:

hey pipinghot I can see why you think I suk across the board but what you don't know I'll fill you in.

Remember I don't care about your stats, that was not the point of my post. If you thought I was trying to stat-shame you then you need to go back and read it again. Everyone should be allowed to have fun playing the game the way they want to play it, but they don't have the right to be bad and then complain about bad players, that's being a hypocrite.

As far as carry me to a win I'll send you a replay from this weekend where I carried the team to a win.

That doesn't change the fact that other people have been carrying you for over 11,000 battles. If you're finally learning how to improve and carry teams that's great (seriously, congrats on improving) but you have no business complaining about other people who are not. You of all people should have a lot more sympathy for other bad players who are making it harder for you to win, since you were one of them for such a long time. Your stats are completely unimportant... right up until you complain that other people are bringing you down. I assure you the teams are not going to get any better to make you happy. It's your turn to carry, deal with the frustration, that's part of what it means to lead teams.

If it wasn't for this forum and mainly my clan along with players like dunniteowl, I would still be not knowing anything.

Right, exactly, and you don't see dunniteowl complaining about people bringing him down and ruining his good battles, instead he's doing whatever he can to help people get better.

If you read the great explanation from the post above(dunniteowl) that is a more intelligent, well thought threw answer rather than typing before fully understanding.

No, you can't deflect responsibility for your post by pretending I didn't understand it, that won't work.

If you want to really baffle your mind check out prostar190 stats and see if your lame thinking understands it.

If you want to see some lame thinking you should read your own posts, you've said multiple things in this thread that are silly, selfish and/or just plain incorrect.

It's players like yourself is why I don't just reroll and would rather want you to think I'm a easy tank for your taking and send you back to the garage.

Oh so close, for a minute there I thought you had some actual principles, It nearly looked like you didn't reroll because rerolling is for weak people who don't want to accept responsibility for their stats. But it turns out you're not standing on principle and you're just hoping that you can use XVM camo. Suuuper impressive, golf clap for you.

Copacetic #36 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48114 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Want to compete at higher tiers? Learn the game lol. 

cocobabygirl #37 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 01:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12512 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Lol Piping I don't know why the hatred towards my post.  But I looked into your record and see your high point was back in 2014 and started to decline.  I also notice that you mainly play arty and heavy, which I think are not the tanks to carry a team to a win.  They certain are a important part of the game, but naaa not to be going around and clean up the field to victory.  Must say you do play middle tier heavies extremely well, far better than I can.  You also have about a  47%WR if you discount arty in tier 10 where I guess you are running into what Dunniteowl is pointing out.  Hey I am saying you are a far better player than me but I think your missing my main topic of my original post.  I think the player base is getting worse and if that means you're including me into it that I can't disagree.  lmbocarry me for my first 6500 battles I brawled in my arty against your heavy and thought I was doing good.  Relax I'm really not a bad guy, a bad tank player maybe.

ColonelShakes #38 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 13:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16469 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 20 2019 - 22:41, said:

12 battles 33%  = crappy day for a 53% wr player even look at your 30 day average hmmmm that's just about when the MM was fixed

His 30 day is fine.  Much better than you will ever be.  

The recent changes to MM have been welcomed as they reduce the number of -2 games one is in.  Even though those games only contain 3 red tanks at +2 the snowflakes have won the day and have their way.  Good for decent players as well, more potatoes to shoot and exploit at same tier or sometimes , lower tier.  In my experience it has tightened up most matches.  See tons of 8-8 and 11-9 battles before the tilt happens and 1 side steamrolls the straggglers / campers.

Pipinghot #39 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:40

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcocobabygirl, on Apr 22 2019 - 19:48, said:

Lol Piping I don't know why the hatred towards my post.

There's no hatred, that's far to strong a word, a better description would be that I find your posts (in this thread) distasteful.

And if you "don't know why" then you either didn't read them or didn't understand them. I'm not suggesting that you have to agree with me, but my explanations were pretty clear and to the point, I didn't hide or obfuscate anything I had to say.

But I looked into your record and see your high point was back in 2014 and started to decline.

That's true, however it's neither here nor there. My "high point" playing tennis was in 1995, which has as much to do with this conversation as my tank stats do, this conversation isn't about stats.

I also notice that you mainly play arty and heavy

That's incorrect. I mainly pay heavies and mediums, with arty being the class I play the least. This is a good example of what's distasteful about your posting (in this thread) even when you say something that is based on verifiable facts you get it wrong. You looked up my stat and still describe things incorrectly, that's a pretty basic error.

which I think are not the tanks to carry a team to a win.  They certain are a important part of the game, but naaa not to be going around and clean up the field to victory.  Must say you do play middle tier heavies extremely well, far better than I can.  You also have about a  47%WR if you discount arty in tier 10 where I guess you are running into what Dunniteowl is pointing out.

We could have a lot of fun dissecting my classes, stats and game play, and I'm fine with that because I have nothing to hide, except that this conversation has nothing to do with my stats, or yours. If you think this is a discussion about stat then you're still failing to understand the point.

but I think your missing my main topic of my original post.

Well, to be fair your OP didn't really have a point, it was mostly just a rambling collection of thoughts that didn't have any relation to each other. Mind you that's ok, people just put random thoughts on the forums all the time, there's nothing wrong with a post that is just a collection of thoughts that aren't connected to each other, but let's not pretend that you were making a cogent argument based on a series of points that built on each other leading to a conclusion. It's ok that you OP didn't have a "main topic" as long as you don't pretend that it did.

I think the player base is getting worse and if that means you're including me into it that I can't disagree.

The funny thing is, I don't agree, and even if I did I wouldn't point to you and suggest that it includes you or that you bear any responsibility for the player base. To do something like that would be a real jerk move, especially since I've said multiple times that this conversation really isn't about your stats. I'd have to be a real clod to say those things and then try to blame you for the player base. You're just one person, no one person can make that big of a difference in a game. The game has the same mixture of good and bad players it has always had, IMO.

Relax I'm really not a bad guy, a bad tank player maybe.

I don't think you're a bad guy. You've said some things that are incorrect, and you've tried to make logical connections between things that are not connected, and you've been a little bit selfish complaining that other people are hurting your fun then you have good games, but none of that makes you a bad guy. Really it just makes you pretty normal. I don't argue against posts based on my opinion of the person, I don't know you, and we've never even talked before this thread, so I can't have any idea whether you a good or bad guy. And I don't even care that whether you're a bad tank player. I'll say again, nothing I've said anywhere in this thread was intended to stat shame you, I don't care if you're bad, you have the right to enjoy the game however you want to play. Where I took issue was when you complained about other people being bad in a way that was pretty hypocritical.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #40 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24955 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
I do lose the game a lots to but i play just for fun . and i let all report for nothing is make me laugh so much . what you want that can do seriously nothing so you want report is ok keep pressed that button  . if i play and keep try to kill enemies your report will not be take it seriously cause i play my game shrug so annoying player 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users