The Death of Arty.. Is everyone Happy Now?

arty nerf Common test

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Wrath_Of_Conn #1 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 21:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31830 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

I thought I would check in after the common Test Patch update a couple of days ago.  I started this forum over in the Sandbox Forum 2 years ago, (#1 viewed and relied forums topic to date) thinking it was the end of my relevance in the game.  To an extent it did change how arty could be played. The new patch is a pure nerf.  The splash decrease, well, okay, we arty  hate the splash as well.  But I will say that splash is one of the best ways to damage the Super Heavies.  Then pen has gone down across the board.  Usually WG will buff up accuracy, or something, to re-balance what they take away.  NOT THIS TIME.  In truth, they nerfed accuracy as well. The Conqueror Gun Carriage, and Obj 261... bye bye.  The GC has the most inaccurate gun to begin with and now it is more so.  The 261 was nerfed on pen 2 years ago, and it is nerfed again.  The French Lorraine was nerfed to the point it is irrelevant, two years ago as well.  This "re-balance" is the agenda of WG and the "purple people eaters" (super unicums) and Blueberries (unicums).  I am a very good arty player and enjoy CW and Advances and arty still has a place there.  With this new patch, if I were calling, I wouldn't bring it into the strategy.  All those super heavies with their new super spall liners,  Good Luck trying to pen them now.  Also TD players... WG will come for you next.

The end of arty?  No.  They left it in the game.  Is it relevant to the game.  No friggin' way.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Conn, Apr 20 2019 - 21:58.

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44585 battles
  • [TSAVO] TSAVO

Arty is still in the game, so not completely happy just yet.   However, a nerf without any other tweaks probably isn't the right way to go, as one who rather loathes arty.   It might result in less arty in queues which means more fun for me. 

Edited by _Tsavo_, Apr 20 2019 - 22:00.

low_bidder #3 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22045 battles
If you look at the WWII accuracy for artys, they were lucky to get within 100 yards.  And, that certainly wouldn't nerf a heavy.

Mojo_Riesing #4 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:23

Captain

• Players
  • 18892 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
We'll see if it makes it to the final cut. If it does, we'll see..maybe if arty fans make as much noise as the hater did...things might balance back out again.  Life is cyclical that way.

Zanarkand_C #5 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33212 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
Arty has literally been a issue for people since day 1, why keep this crap going WG? I would gladly just get free XP compensation for losing my current SPGs.

Christojojo #6 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34253 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postlow_bidder, on Apr 20 2019 - 16:06, said:

If you look at the WWII accuracy for artys, they were lucky to get within 100 yards.  And, that certainly wouldn't nerf a heavy.

If you look at tanks of WWII Japanese were practically devoid of tanks. The German Tiger was competitive. The MAUS (I mean tthe Ferdinand) failed gloriously (Or miserably) depending on your view.  Also, SPGs were put to double duty (As well as tanks) in anti-armor fighting. Also, the distances weren't quite the same as in game. Also, a tank doesn't just disappear right in front of you because your spotting distance is weaker than your friendly medium, who is better at scouting that the scouts, died.  Also premium ammo was rare in many cases. I would say that the most glaring difference was that if you played a tank in WWII  and it blew up and so did you. (WIth no chance of being resurrected.

Edited by Christojojo, May 02 2019 - 16:35.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #7 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 22634 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostChristojojo, on Apr 20 2019 - 16:39, said:

. The MAUS failed gloriously (Or miserably) depending on your view.  

The Maus never had it's chance because Germany wasn't able to produce them to even put into combat... I wouldn't call that failure. 

Insanefriend #8 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:55

Captain

• Players
  • 43456 battles

I don't think arty is getting so hard that it is the end of the world.  Every arty I've played for the most part can still hit the target at extreme ranges.  And close hits still do about as much damage as before, it's only the hits on the far outside of the blast that are getting hit hard.

Also on that note, looking at your account I see you mostly play arty.  So you don't quite know how annoying it can be for those of us on the other end of your shells.  Or maybe you do know just how evil you can be and enjoy making us muppets suffer.  ;)

Edited by Insanefriend, Apr 20 2019 - 22:57.

TommyBuns #9 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16245 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 20 2019 - 15:56, said:

I thought I would check in after the common Test Patch update a couple of days ago.  I started this forum over in the Sandbox Forum 2 years ago, (#1 viewed and relied forums topic to date) thinking it was the end of my relevance in the game.  To an extent it did change how arty could be played. The new patch is a pure nerf.  The splash decrease, well, okay, we arty  hate the splash as well.  But I will say that splash is one of the best ways to damage the Super Heavies.  Then pen has gone down across the board.  Usually WG will buff up accuracy, or something, to re-balance what they take away.  NOT THIS TIME.  In truth, they nerfed accuracy as well. The Conqueror Gun Carriage, and Obj 261... bye bye.  The GC has the most inaccurate gun to begin with and now it is more so.  The 261 was nerfed on pen 2 years ago, and it is nerfed again.  The French Lorraine was nerfed to the point it is irrelevant, two years ago as well.  This "re-balance" is the agenda of WG and the "purple people eaters" (super unicums) and Blueberries (unicums).  I am a very good arty player and enjoy CW and Advances and arty still has a place there.  With this new patch, if I were calling, I wouldn't bring it into the strategy.  All those super heavies with their new super spall liners,  Good Luck trying to pen them now.  Also TD players... WG will come for you next.

The end of arty?  No.  They left it in the game.  Is it relevant to the game.  No friggin' way.

If anybody honestly thinks this arty nerf was on account of people b!#ching about arty I have a bridge for sale. By putting the kibosh on this class it's either gonna force a large demographic to go grind other lines and in the process spend to convert exp to free exp to alleviate the misery. It happens eventually with every decent tank why would artillery be spared?

DVK9 #10 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25610 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View Postlow_bidder, on Apr 20 2019 - 15:06, said:

if you looked at ANY tank in WWII a hit to the tracks would put that tank out of commission... but it isnt.

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

They've stated and more than once that the rebalance will be have three phases.

1. Stun
  2. Adjusting individual characteristics based on the results of #1 above.
  3. Adding AP rounds but with less accuracy than the HE round(s).  No mention of HEAT or APCR as some arty had those prior to the removal of solid ball ammo.

And I don't see anything other than the following in the test notes.  Stun changes, splash radius cut by 5 percent on specifically listed arty and some additional changes to the Conq GC and GWP.  None of which are pen adjustments.

Updating test now to see for myself.

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

By the way folks pissed and moaned the last time that arty was ruined. 

I call Bravo Sierra on that, because it was a huge buff.  Those that don't realize that aren't playing it to it's current strength which is stun.

Changes are coming, but they've already said they may rebalance (they didn't say nerf or buff) individual pieces based upon the effects of round one of the rebalance.

One thing's a safe bet.

Regardless of what we end up with after the entire rebalance is done with some folks will still be [redacted]ing about arty and others will be crying that they ruined the class.  Same as last time and the time before that.

Changes which have yet to be seen.  But those acorns still cause hysteria when they hit folks on the head.

DVK9 #13 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25610 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Adapt and overcome.

Quit whining and crying and learn how to play.

Pipinghot #14 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postlow_bidder, on Apr 20 2019 - 16:06, said:

If you look at tanks of WWII Japanese were practically devoid of tanks.

If you look at tanks of WWII the battles we see in WoT didn't exist.

In real warfare the concept of company level battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles is non-existent, battles are fought by combined arms. The basic model for all of WoT is a fake, it didn't exist, the "look and feel" of WoT is based on the fictional concept, "What if you could have battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles?" The question of how WWII arty would have performed in this imaginary setting is pertinent, whereas the question of Japan's order of battle is not.

This entire game is historical fiction, it's a great big game of "What if?", and just like any other work of historical fiction the rules of that fiction have to be consistent and feel like they're a legitimate interpretation of how the imaginary battle could have happened.

The German Tiger was competitive.

And it's competitive in WoT so that's a null point.

Also, a tank doesn't just disappear right in front of you

Yes they do. Losing sight of a target, even a large target, is common under battlefield conditions. Real battles have lots of fire, dust and smoke, losing sight of targets is commonplace. The spotting mechanics in WoT are designed to emulate all of the effects that can take place on the battlefield even if you don't see them on your screen. The game presents a sanitized view for two reasons: marketing and computer performance. But the game mechanics are designed with the idea in mind that real battlefields are chaotic and confusing and there are constant obstacles that can cause you to lose sight of targets.

Also premium ammo was rare in many cases.

So were more than 80% of all the tanks in the game. If you can play a Maus in combat there's no reason that premium ammo should be limited.

Vava_das_SPGs #15 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 24534 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 20 2019 - 17:56, said:

I know you (as an excellent arty player) and you know me.
Some arty haters posted youtube videos analizying the proposed arty changes, and that it might be bad for the game (as it's proposed).

WG knows it (that it will be bad for the game), but will make it to please the arty nerf beggers.
Maybe WoT is going to the same place of AW... unhappily for those that like WoT.

But I had some really good moments playing WoT. :)
It will be forever marked on my heart.:honoring:

Wrath_Of_Conn #16 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31830 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 20 2019 - 15:55, said:

I don't think arty is getting so hard that it is the end of the world.  Every arty I've played for the most part can still hit the target at extreme ranges.  And close hits still do about as much damage as before, it's only the hits on the far outside of the blast that are getting hit hard.

Also on that note, looking at your account I see you mostly play arty.  So you don't quite know how annoying it can be for those of us on the other end of your shells.  Or maybe you do know just how evil you can be and enjoy making us muppets suffer.  ;)

This is not about me personally.  WG doesn't shape this game to a person.  A group...maybe.  This is a tank class issue.  Many of us have invested into becoming very good at a class.  We play CW and Advance.  The systematic nerf of those tanks is the uncommon issue I am raising.  I agree with everyone out there; take arty out rather than make it a one armed one legged piece of trash.  Buy me out WG.  I will point out that the TD's are next.  Those horrible pieces of crap who sit and snipe in the back .. ewww... (lol) their next.

Wrath_Of_Conn #17 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31830 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostV_A_C_A, on Apr 20 2019 - 16:45, said:

I know you (as an excellent arty player) and you know me.
Some arty haters posted youtube videos analizying the proposed arty changes, and that it might be bad for the game (as it's proposed).

WG knows it (that it will be bad for the game), but will make it to please the arty nerf beggers.
Maybe WoT is going to the same place of AW... unhappily for those that like WoT.

But I had some really good moments playing WoT. :)
It will be forever marked on my heart.:honoring:

Hi Vaca!!!  Yes I know you.  Been killed be you!

ViseGrip #18 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 46020 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View Postlow_bidder, on Apr 20 2019 - 21:06, said:

Yea and the Germans where getting on the phone and tellin the American Generals they could only have 1 arty

Garandster #19 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5379 battles
Will people stop whining already? The re-balance starts by diminished the ability to stack stun, that is phase 1. Following that is the adjustment of stats to rebalance it after they have collected data on the new performance capability. Nothing is final and no one knows the outcome yet.

WileyCat #20 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 30745 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 20 2019 - 15:00, said:

Arty is still in the game, so not completely happy just yet.   However, a nerf without any other tweaks probably isn't the right way to go, as one who rather loathes arty.   It might result in less arty in queues which means more fun for me. 

remove them entirely and just refund players all the credits xp and gold they ever spend on arty and equipment mounted whether its in your garage or not aside shells that would just be rediculious then it would be fine

Also tagged with arty, nerf, Common test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users