The Death of Arty.. Is everyone Happy Now?

arty nerf Common test

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Wrath_Of_Conn #21 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostGarandster, on Apr 20 2019 - 18:12, said:

Will people stop whining already? The re-balance starts by diminished the ability to stack stun, that is phase 1. Following that is the adjustment of stats to rebalance it after they have collected data on the new performance capability. Nothing is final and no one knows the outcome yet.

My comments are based on the play on the Common Test Server and the new information WoT has released which backs up what I am seeing on the Test Server.

Isola_di_Fano #22 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 24227 battles

View PostWileyCat, on Apr 20 2019 - 19:12, said:

remove them entirely and just refund players all the credits xp and gold they ever spend on arty and equipment mounted whether its in your garage or not aside shells that would just be rediculious then it would be fine

I'm ok with that, as long as you severely nerf the superheavies.

Deal ?

Wrath_Of_Conn #23 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 02:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Apr 20 2019 - 19:02, said:

I'm ok with that, as long as you severely nerf the superheavies.

Deal ?

Good Point.. Once arty is nerfed... what you surface tanks going to do with the Super Heavies with Super Spall Liners?  Whistle at them?

Christojojo #24 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 05:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34390 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 20 2019 - 17:39, said:

If you look at tanks of WWII the battles we see in WoT didn't exist.

In real warfare the concept of company level battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles is non-existent, battles are fought by combined arms. The basic model for all of WoT is a fake, it didn't exist, the "look and feel" of WoT is based on the fictional concept, "What if you could have battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles?" The question of how WWII arty would have performed in this imaginary setting is pertinent, whereas the question of Japan's order of battle is not.

This entire game is historical fiction, it's a great big game of "What if?", and just like any other work of historical fiction, the rules of that fiction have to be consistent and feel like they're a legitimate interpretation of how the imaginary battle could have happened.

And it's competitive in WoT so that's a null point.

Yes they do. Losing sight of a target, even a large target, is common under battlefield conditions. Real battles have lots of fire, dust and smoke, losing sight of targets is commonplace. The spotting mechanics in WoT are designed to emulate all of the effects that can take place on the battlefield even if you don't see them on your screen. The game presents a sanitized view for two reasons: marketing and computer performance. But the game mechanics are designed with the idea in mind that real battlefields are chaotic and confusing and there are constant obstacles that can cause you to lose sight of targets.

So were more than 80% of all the tanks in the game. If you can play a Maus in combat there's no reason that premium ammo should be limited.

What exactly is the point of your reply? To tell me that the game is fiction? That was my point. So you are arguing with me to tell me that my point of the game is fiction is false because the game is in truth fiction?

Hellsfog #25 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 06:34

Major

• Players
  • 37627 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Sadly, it isn't dead despite all the hand-wringing that goes on here. The good news is that CT isn't in the 3rd iteration so there is still hope it will be killed. 

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 20 2019 - 20:27, said:

Good Point.. Once arty is nerfed... what you surface tanks going to do with the Super Heavies with Super Spall Liners?  Whistle at them?

The same things we do with them now: flank, aim or shoot them full of gold rounds.  Don't worry, arty won't be missed. 

Pipinghot #26 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:52

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostChristojojo, on Apr 20 2019 - 23:43, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 20 2019 - 17:39, said:

If you look at tanks of WWII the battles we see in WoT didn't exist.

In real warfare the concept of company level battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles is non-existent, battles are fought by combined arms. The basic model for all of WoT is a fake, it didn't exist, the "look and feel" of WoT is based on the fictional concept, "What if you could have battles fought exclusively by armored vehicles?" The question of how WWII arty would have performed in this imaginary setting is pertinent, whereas the question of Japan's order of battle is not.

This entire game is historical fiction, it's a great big game of "What if?", and just like any other work of historical fiction, the rules of that fiction have to be consistent and feel like they're a legitimate interpretation of how the imaginary battle could have happened.

And it's competitive in WoT so that's a null point.

Yes they do. Losing sight of a target, even a large target, is common under battlefield conditions. Real battles have lots of fire, dust and smoke, losing sight of targets is commonplace. The spotting mechanics in WoT are designed to emulate all of the effects that can take place on the battlefield even if you don't see them on your screen. The game presents a sanitized view for two reasons: marketing and computer performance. But the game mechanics are designed with the idea in mind that real battlefields are chaotic and confusing and there are constant obstacles that can cause you to lose sight of targets.

So were more than 80% of all the tanks in the game. If you can play a Maus in combat there's no reason that premium ammo should be limited.

What exactly is the point of your reply? To tell me that the game is fiction? That was my point. So you are arguing with me to tell me that my point of the game is fiction is false because the game is in truth fiction?

low_bidder made a valid point, "If you look at the WWII accuracy for artys, they were lucky to get within 100 yards." and then you tried to counter-argue with points that were either not pertinent or not true.

1) Japanese OOB is not pertinent to the game.

2) The Tiger is competitive, so your implication that it's not effective in-game is not true.

3) Your comments about the Maus were not true, and even if they were they wouldn't be pertinent because there are plenty of imaginary tanks in the game.

4) "Also, a tank doesn't just disappear right in front of you" - not true.

5) Also premium ammo was rare in many cases.

None of what you said is in any way a counter-argument to what low_bidder posted, that is the point of my reply.

Edited by Pipinghot, Apr 21 2019 - 09:52.

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #27 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29451 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 21 2019 - 05:34, said:

The same things we do with them now: flank, aim or shoot them full of gold rounds.  Don't worry, arty won't be missed. 

Assuming all other tanks are dead & you can do that. The collective IQ of the playerbase isn't that high nowadays.

Edited by LOL_i_CLICKED_u, Apr 21 2019 - 21:59.

Grampy #28 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:02

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24583 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

After seeing all this discussion about nerfs and stuff, I tried to check out the test server - that was a waste of time, the test server only tests tier 9's & 10's, if you have a lower tier than that - good luck getting in!

(What the heck is wrong with WG headquarters thinking? You do a test and arrange it such that everybody can rush to tier ten w/o a 2nd thought - the only thing you are testing is what happens at top tier! This gives you no useful information for tiers 5-9!!!) Or maybe it does, but it certainly doesn't give us users any useful information about tiers 5-9!!!

So I loaded the test server on the ancient laptop and booted my wife's account, loaded Studzianki, then took her T-50-2 and parked it right off the SW end of the lowest building at J/K 8/9 at a 45 % angle so that it would be an easy target for an arty at A/B 1.

Then I took an SU-26, Hummel, Leafblower,  G.W.Panther, G.W.Tiger, M41, M44, M12, and shot at a known target at a known position. 

Not bad, not great.
Arty is still viable.

Wrath_Of_Conn #29 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 20 2019 - 23:34, said:

Sadly, it isn't dead despite all the hand-wringing that goes on here. The good news is that CT isn't in the 3rd iteration so there is still hope it will be killed. 

Ah... Yes... GOLD rounds..  You must be a Barney or Smurf ( Purple or Blue).  How those illegal mods working for you?

Wrath_Of_Conn #30 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostGrampy, on Apr 21 2019 - 17:02, said:

After seeing all this discussion about nerfs and stuff, I tried to check out the test server - that was a waste of time, the test server only tests tier 9's & 10's, if you have a lower tier than that - good luck getting in!

(What the heck is wrong with WG headquarters thinking? You do a test and arrange it such that everybody can rush to tier ten w/o a 2nd thought - the only thing you are testing is what happens at top tier! This gives you no useful information for tiers 5-9!!!) Or maybe it does, but it certainly doesn't give us users any useful information about tiers 5-9!!!

So I loaded the test server on the ancient laptop and booted my wife's account, loaded Studzianki, then took her T-50-2 and parked it right off the SW end of the lowest building at J/K 8/9 at a 45 % angle so that it would be an easy target for an arty at A/B 1.

Then I took an SU-26, Hummel, Leafblower,  G.W.Panther, G.W.Tiger, M41, M44, M12, and shot at a known target at a known position. 

Not bad, not great.
Arty is still viable.

The lower teirs are supposed to be left as is.  This is a nerf to a few T8's and the last remaining viable  T10's the GC and 261.  I am not sure about the T92.

Tedster_ #31 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 05:08

Major

• Players
  • 41230 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 20 2019 - 20:27, said:

APCR and HEAT don't care about spall liners.

Christojojo #32 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 06:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34390 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 21 2019 - 03:52, said:

low_bidder made a valid point, "If you look at the WWII accuracy for artys, they were lucky to get within 100 yards." and then you tried to counter-argue with points that were either not pertinent or not true.

1) Japanese OOB is not pertinent to the game.

2) The Tiger is competitive, so your implication that it's not effective in-game is not true. < barely

3) Your comments about the Maus were not true, and even if they were they wouldn't be pertinent because there are plenty of imaginary tanks in the game. < yup, my bad. I meant the Ferdinand (oops) But you miss the point I was saying from the first point. Imaginary tanks in a game remove the claim for reality in a game because well "IMAGINARY" so why use the lame arty is too accurate argument. 

4) "Also, a tank doesn't just disappear right in front of you" - not true. < they have

5) Also premium ammo was rare in many cases. <Yes, as I said in real life premium ammo was rare in many cases also ammo, in general, could run out. During a battle.

None of what you said is in any way a counter-argument it was.<<<<<What part don't you get? That the fake Japanese tanks aren't real neither is the accuracy of arty in the game? That the premium round sin all are rare while they are quite common in the game? OR that life ends when you get blown up in real life? Perhaps you need a nap.

MrETanker #33 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20932 battles
  • [OOF] OOF
Yup, I'm happy that arty is nerfed.... But still pissed off that the M44 wasn't changed when its OP as f***

Wrath_Of_Conn #34 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

View PostMrETanker, on Apr 22 2019 - 16:21, said:

Yup, I'm happy that arty is nerfed.... But still pissed off that the M44 wasn't changed when its OP as f***

Leave us something!  Lol

geo2_1 #35 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 23:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 33356 battles
  • [_TLM_] _TLM_

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Apr 20 2019 - 22:43, said:

The Maus never had it's chance because Germany wasn't able to produce them to even put into combat... I wouldn't call that failure. 

lol no! there were no roads or bridges that could hold the weight.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #36 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 00:15

Major

• Players
  • 22667 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View Postgeo2_1, on Apr 28 2019 - 17:58, said:

lol no! there were no roads or bridges that could hold the weight.

but they knew that designing it as well. If they were able to put them into service we'd see if the design held up.... There's no way to tell how effective they could have been, or how bad they could have been...

Wrath_Of_Conn #37 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 02:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31934 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

Okay... here we go:  Pre-arty nerf stats:

From Wot Labs as of 4.29.19

WN81244
Win Rate53.17%
Recent WN81394
Recent WR53.55%
WN Rank#84995

As we enter this new patch in World of purple/blue cry babies I post my arty stats for the rest of player base to see.  I will re-post weekly and we shall see just how bad or good (snort) this re-balancing of the arty class actually plays.

Wrath

kas_66 #38 Posted May 02 2019 - 07:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 10800 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 20 2019 - 22:00, said:

Arty is still in the game, so not completely happy just yet.   However, a nerf without any other tweaks probably isn't the right way to go, as one who rather loathes arty.   It might result in less arty in queues which means more fun for me. 

Clearly you haven't been watching the queue numbers much.  When I was playing in Feb, the arty queue was always half the size of every other veh type and we'd still get 3 arty per match.  Do the math: 1 in 9 vehs in queue is a type which gets 1 in 5 places in the battle?  MM was over-emphasizing the type.

creasey #39 Posted May 03 2019 - 17:52

Private

• Players
  • 38009 battles
I played arty last night including the CGC and I did not see a huge difference after the update, in fact, I had one of my best games in the CGC. 

WhineMaker #40 Posted May 03 2019 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 36962 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostMrETanker, on Apr 22 2019 - 14:21, said:

My M44 got better after the Great Arty Nerf of 1.5... :great:

Just might be because I mounted some purple arty parts on my M44 though... :B

Also tagged with arty, nerf, Common test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users