Tourney Cap Timer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Match86 #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18044 battles
These 75 sec cap timers are so silly.  all you can do on a map like Murovanka with a 4v4 and a 75 sec cap timer is rush 4 fast tanks to cap. If you don't the other team will and you can't even make it there before you get capped out.  I feel like these cap timers take most if not all of the strategy out of this competitive tourney play.  Kind of ruins the fun to not even be able to fire a shot and lose the game even though you started driving to cap from the start of battle.  Why have 8 min on the clock for a battle and 5 min for "staging" if you only have a 25(with 3 on) sec cap timer. Makes no F******* sense.  NONE!  WG does so little right. I say #BringDanceBack, We did not have this kind of idiocy when she ran the tourneys.

Hans_von_Twitchy #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40482 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

I agree. World of Tanks is so appealing for so many players, and keeps it players for such a long time, because it rewards intelligent game-play. There are many interesting situations, many interesting tactics, many important decisions, etc. It's a multi-faceted game.

These tournaments are the opposite of that! There is only ONE thing to do: ready up a team of fast tanks, drive straight to the cap, brawl. If the enemy team does anything else, they'll lose because you'll cap them out. If the enemy team does the same, all the tactics of the game disappear because the winner is decided by a simple brawl inside the cap circle.

Match after match, all we do is drive straight to the cap, and either win by capping a few seconds later, or have yet another brawl with other fast, light tanks. The matches are BORING!

PotatoLegend99 #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34714 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
Murovanka, at the church building (and in that area in general) there are bushes that overlook the cap from which a light or medium or heavium can safely spot for themselves and get resets while the rest of the team heads towards the cap from the direction of their choice. You can do the same thing from the 1 line though that's usually much riskier.

Hans_von_Twitchy #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 01:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40482 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Apr 21 2019 - 01:11, said:

Murovanka, at the church building (and in that area in general) there are bushes that overlook the cap from which a light or medium or heavium can safely spot for themselves and get resets while the rest of the team heads towards the cap from the direction of their choice. You can do the same thing from the 1 line though that's usually much riskier.

Nope. The capping team just needs to keep one or two of their tanks behind their other tanks, so they can't be shot. About 20 or 25 seconds later, they'll win. The other team has to get INTO the cap, making a brawl, in order to avoid losing the battle

And then both teams have to wait about 13 minutes for the next battle to start. Like I said, these tournaments are BORING.

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 23910 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

Hey, at least it's not a 45 second cap time in a 3v3 on mines where heavies spawn half a map closer to the cap than any other class. 

I still remember being fast capped by T-10s before our T55As could even make it around the south side of the hill. I brought up the replay to Jambijon and they still do nothing to increase the cap times. 

That was months ago at this point. 

Naproxeno_ #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6122 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
the admins dont know about this... they dont play the game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users