Centurian 7/1 crew skills

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

13Jake55 #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19682 battles

My Cent 7/1 has top equipenent  and I am running vstab, rammer and vents with cammo paint. 

Commander bia , 6th, recon And working of jack of trade

gunner  bia, designated target, deadeye and working on snap shot

Driver is bia, smooth ride, clutch brake, working on concealment

Loader is bia, sit awareness, adren rush and working on concealment.

All the working ons are 60 %+

I know JOT for commander may not be ideal since I am running a first aid kit with 2 repair kits but are my crew skills optimal for this tank? I may or may not use this crew for AX when I get it. 

Gothraul #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 03:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 2246 battles
Designated target and deadeye are gimmicks when snap shot and repairs is considerably more useful, jack of all trades is very meh when you could have had repairs. Even the best players are making mistakes about what perks they are choosing for their crews so mistakes like this are the norm rather than the exception. I only use perks that are essential like repairs, camo, sixth, recon, situational awareness ect rather than the stuff that only works part of the time or very rarely provides a real benefit.

RoyalGreenPC #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 05:30

Captain

• Players
  • 22341 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Repairs and Camo mate, Repairs and Camo.

Rest are fancy crew skills you can play without. BIA/snapshot/off road driving/view range skills can help, but Camo and repairs are MUST on most MTs.

21Blackjack #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 06:10

Major

• Players
  • 20792 battles
I'm up to 4 skills on my Cent 7/1 now so I have something like 535 viewrange on it lol

gingerted91 #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1153 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Apr 21 2019 - 05:30, said:

Repairs and Camo mate, Repairs and Camo.

Rest are fancy crew skills you can play without. BIA/snapshot/off road driving/view range skills can help, but Camo and repairs are MUST on most MTs.

QFT

Most set up their mediums as a brawler (VStab, Rammer, Vents) or support (VStab, Rammer, Optics).  As  brawler being tracked is death so repairs are priority.  Conversely its better to be unseen as support and to help spot end game.

The Cent line is almost certainly support oriented with great base view range and bad armor (turret can surprise bounce hull down but is not reliable) so maybe reconsider your choice.

I recommend: VStab, Rammer, Optics with med kit, repair kit, and AFE.  Reconsidering your Cent 7/1 play style and redoing your crew skills will alleviate most of the issues your are trying to fix in the wrong way.

Commander:  BIA, Sixth Sense, Camo/Repair, Camo/Repair, Recon
Gunner:  BIA, Snap Shot, Camo/Repair, Camo/Repair, Armorer (retrain for perk) Deadeye

Driver:  BIA, Clutch Braking/Off Road Driving, Camo/Repair, Clutch Braking/Off Road Driving, Camo/Repair, Smooth Ride

Loader:  BIA, Safe Stowage, Camo/Repair, Situational Awareness, Camo/Repair

Recon - Vents actually provides a bigger bonus than Recon.  Unless you are a unicum and are comfortable running food while working around 445m view range then its only good for a vision setup.

JOAT - Is less valuable in the age of reusable consumables.  May help with HE spam but not as much as other general skills...
Designated Target - Only works for tanks you spot yourself (and helps others), since you are running a brawling setup that seems a poor choice and even if not it should be much deeper in the skill build.

Deadeye - Adds to chance to damage modules.  Works better with high alpha guns for module destruction or fast firing guns for more chances. 

Smooth Ride is hit or miss.  Its better deeper into the skill build.  But the 7/1 has bad moving dispersion so it may help brawling.

Safe Stowage - The single most important loader perk (and the brits need it).  Lessens one shot ammo racks and some damage.  Not as good as you think but much better than all the rest. 

Adren Rush - pure useless.  Have to be seriously damaged and be a one shot to activate it.  Consider the times it COULD save you, like 1 in 100 one shot games... where camo/repair help all the time.

gingerted91 #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1153 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 21 2019 - 06:10, said:

I'm up to 4 skills on my Cent 7/1 now so I have something like 535 viewrange on it lol

runs binoculars on a Tier 9 med... (or is grossly exaggerating) lmbo

13Jake55 #7 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19682 battles
Thanks.I usually do cammo in the first 2 or skills on a med but at 9 and 10 with the screwed up sighting it does not seem as important as in lower tiers for a med.

2MOEJOE #8 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3330 battles
Weakest tank in the whole tree imo good luck.Put the crew in the AX and sell the junk.

Avalon304 #9 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post2MOEJOE, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:59, said:

Weakest tank in the whole tree imo good luck.Put the crew in the AX and sell the junk.

How to be wrong in a single post.

View Post13Jake55, on Apr 21 2019 - 12:36, said:

Thanks.I usually do cammo in the first 2 or skills on a med but at 9 and 10 with the screwed up sighting it does not seem as important as in lower tiers for a med.

Camo is absolutely still important in tier 9 and 10 mediums. Specifically because there is so much view range at those tiers.

Heres what I use on my 7/1:

Commander: BIA, Sixth Sense, Recon, Camo, Repairs

Gunner: BIA, Snap Shot, Armorer, Camo, Repairs

Driver: BIA, Smooth Ride, Clutch Braking, Camo, Repairs

Loader/Radio Op: BIA, Safe Stowage, Situational Awareness, Camo, Repairs

after that... take whatever you want because after 6 skills theres really nothing super important. My exact crew layout for my 6 skill crew is this:

Spoiler

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:15, said:

Its actually not impossible. With Improved Optics, an Optics Directive, Food, BiA and the view range skills you can get 533 meters view range, add improved vents in place of something like Vstabs (which isnt a good idea) and you get 551 meters. While I doubt the OP has that much invested, it is possible to do without binos.

Edited by Avalon304, Apr 22 2019 - 00:28.

gingerted91 #10 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1153 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 22 2019 - 00:20, said:

(sorry could not delete spoiler)

Thanks, that is true I did not consider improved equipment.  In my defense that particular poster does not over-perform in the 7/1 indicating that sort of load-out.

Edited by gingerted91, Apr 22 2019 - 01:09.

RoyalGreenPC #11 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:45

Captain

• Players
  • 22341 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Post13Jake55, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:36, said:

IMO any tank with 10+ base camo rating should take camo skills. It'll essentially decrease everyone on the enemy team's view range about 8-12%+.

You are right that in high tiers everyone has very high view range, but that also means camo skill is more effective as technically it decreases more view range from enemy's tank.

Even as brawling MT, as gingerted91 said it can help you relocate more sneakily or get into position without losing health. Camo is specially useful at late game, if you know how to abuse it you can take out 2-3 enemies easily without getting killed.

21Blackjack #12 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 20792 battles

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 21 2019 - 17:15, said:

My mistake it's currently at 513m viewrange, with vents, optics, vstab, BIA, recon, sit aware, and food.  Haven't got the viewrange skills fully trained up yet. Should be 530m when thats completed.  If I wanted to go ridiculous and load all the best stuff with the 100% trained crew, according to the WoT comparison tool I could get a maximum of 551m viewrange.

Avalon304 #13 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 22 2019 - 14:30, said:

My mistake it's currently at 513m viewrange, with vents, optics, vstab, BIA, recon, sit aware, and food.  Haven't got the viewrange skills fully trained up yet. Should be 530m when thats completed.  If I wanted to go ridiculous and load all the best stuff with the 100% trained crew, according to the WoT comparison tool I could get a maximum of 551m viewrange.

No rammer is no beuno... especially on the 7/1 which is on the low end for tier 9 medium DPM. If you want to run Optics (and its not a bad choice, I ran them for the entirety of my 3-mark run), dont also run vents. Vents isnt worth it over rammer.

There are two good equipment setups for the 7/1:

Rammer, Vstabs, Vents or Rammer, Vstabs, Optics

21Blackjack #14 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 08:16

Major

• Players
  • 20792 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 23 2019 - 03:27, said:

No rammer is no beuno... especially on the 7/1 which is on the low end for tier 9 medium DPM. If you want to run Optics (and its not a bad choice, I ran them for the entirety of my 3-mark run), dont also run vents. Vents isnt worth it over rammer.

There are two good equipment setups for the 7/1:

Rammer, Vstabs, Vents or Rammer, Vstabs, Optics

If I want to play something that fires fast I'll just buy some stupid Premium autoloader/autoreloader.  Or spend money to free xp to the brand new italian autoreloaders.  But game balance is so bad anyway why would I even consider giving WG money anymore?  I mean by next year you'll have some new 20 round autoloading medium that will have 200 armor and 2000 horsepower for the low low price of $70 comrade!  

You think I'm going to fall for that crap?

RoyalGreenPC #15 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 09:30

Captain

• Players
  • 22341 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 21 2019 - 12:10, said:

Designated Target - Only works for tanks you spot yourself (and helps others), since you are running a brawling setup that seems a poor choice and even if not it should be much deeper in the skill build.

Do you have a source for that? AFAIK Designated Target works for any targets, you don't have to spot them yourself. The WoT wiki also vaguely suggests that (since the wiki says it's helpful for snipers and they are assumed to be not spotting for themselves).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Perks

I might be wrong though, IDK.

ColonelShakes #16 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 11:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14626 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 23 2019 - 08:16, said:

If I want to play something that fires fast I'll just buy some stupid Premium autoloader/autoreloader.  Or spend money to free xp to the brand new italian autoreloaders.  But game balance is so bad anyway why would I even consider giving WG money anymore?  I mean by next year you'll have some new 20 round autoloading medium that will have 200 armor and 2000 horsepower for the low low price of $70 comrade!  

Off topic , irrelevant, and no one cares that you would spend money when you can earn the Italian tanks.  The autoloaders are not stupid.  Played correctly they are a great teammate to have.  

Game balance is fine , my days are filled with double digit finishes almost exclusively ( 15-11 , 15-13 is no longer infrequent ).  

Your fear of a new 20 shot autoloader just makes you look stupid.  We already knew you were so its nothing new.

The loadouts specified in this thread are bang on for the Cent.  It is just a bit too tall IMO.  

Avalon304 #17 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 12:55

Major

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 23 2019 - 00:16, said:

I mean... what... at all does that have to do with anything?

You are, literally, handicapping yourself by not running a rammer. It has nothing to do with game balance or premiums or any of that nonsense you just spewed forth from your brain. Its literally you making the tank WORSE for no reason. The extra view range youre getting from vents isnt helping you, where as being able to have higher DPM will, you know, help you actually deal more damage in a tank which needs all the help it can get to deal damage because its DPM is very low for a tier 9 medium tank. Put another way: If my 7/1 and your 7/1 meet on the battlefield my tank will reload 1 seccond faster than yours will.

From a person who has played over 6 times as many battes in the 7/1 as you: Put a rammer on your tank. Put vstabs on your tank. Then choose between either Optics or Vents. Otherwise dont offer opinions about the tank (or the game for that matter) if youre going to willfully playing it in a subpar fashion.

21Blackjack #18 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 13:15

Major

• Players
  • 20792 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:55, said:

I mean... what... at all does that have to do with anything?

You are, literally, handicapping yourself by not running a rammer. It has nothing to do with game balance or premiums or any of that nonsense you just spewed forth from your brain. Its literally you making the tank WORSE for no reason. The extra view range youre getting from vents isnt helping you, where as being able to have higher DPM will, you know, help you actually deal more damage in a tank which needs all the help it can get to deal damage because its DPM is very low for a tier 9 medium tank. Put another way: If my 7/1 and your 7/1 meet on the battlefield my tank will reload 1 seccond faster than yours will.

From a person who has played over 6 times as many battes in the 7/1 as you: Put a rammer on your tank. Put vstabs on your tank. Then choose between either Optics or Vents. Otherwise dont offer opinions about the tank (or the game for that matter) if youre going to willfully playing it in a subpar fashion.

I started willfully playing this game substandard as soon as I chose to have the Cent 7/1 as my Tier IX and not run any Premium ammunition, or large first aid, large toolkit, and directives.  Anyone playing the game without those all the time are playing substandard.  So I don't even understand where you are coming from.

Just tell everyone not playing 110% super serious all the time to quit then.

gingerted91 #19 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 20:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1153 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 23 2019 - 13:15, said:

I started willfully playing this game substandard as soon as I chose to have the Cent 7/1 as my Tier IX and not run any Premium ammunition, or large first aid, large toolkit, and directives.  Anyone playing the game without those all the time are playing substandard.  So I don't even understand where you are coming from.

No one has to play super serious all the time, that's what KV-2, 4005, T-49, Cruiser Mk II and other meme tanks are for...

To start at "513m view range, with vents, optics, vstab, BIA, recon, sit aware, and food.  Haven't got the view range skills fully trained up yet. Should be 530m when that's completed", and then to state you are "willfully playing this game substandard" is some rare cognitive thinking.  If you don't want to min/max for best performance that is fine; but to invest that much thought into knowingly handicapping (and overspending on) your tank to achieve said substandard performance is...

The Cent 7/1 performs arguably quite well with the standard high tier medium load out of V-Stab, Rammer, Optics/Vents, Sm Med, Sm Repair, AFE, my aforementioned crew skills and 4-5 HESH rounds for memes.

There is absolutely no reason to run a try hard vision load out and then "willfully" hamper its fighting capability.

Avalon304 #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 23 2019 - 05:15, said:

Given that the premium ammo on the 7/1 has lower penetration than it standard round... its not exactly playing it substandard by choosing not to run premium. Nor does the tank need large kits or food to function adequately in tier 9 match making. But to willfully over emphasize view range over DPM is willfully ignoring how to actually play the game at all.

Theres a difference between "playing 110% super serious" and "purposefully handicapping yourself" its called "playing smart". You are purposefully handicapping your self for seemingly no reason other than you want to make your play time less fun... I didnt start running large kits and food until I was working on my 3rd mark, and the majority of my 7/1 games were run with small kits and an AFE (which at the time were literally handed out like freaking candy), and Rammer, Vstabs and Optics and the tank was perfectly adequate. I switched to vents after 3 marking the tank because over 500m VR is great, but mostly unneeded and DPM is way way more important, especially in the case of the 7/1 which starts out as the LOWEST tier 9 single shot DPM, with only the Standard B and BatChat 25t AP below it in DPM terms. (And both of those are autoloaders/autoreloaders). 

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:28, said:

No one has to play super serious all the time

My 7/1 is actually the perfect example of this... because I literally shoot nothing but premium HESH in it for the memes (and the 3.2k DPM).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users