Centurian 7/1 crew skills

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

21Blackjack #21 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 20794 battles

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 23 2019 - 20:28, said:

No one has to play super serious all the time, that's what KV-2, 4005, T-49, Cruiser Mk II and other meme tanks are for...

To start at "513m view range, with vents, optics, vstab, BIA, recon, sit aware, and food.  Haven't got the view range skills fully trained up yet. Should be 530m when that's completed", and then to state you are "willfully playing this game substandard" is some rare cognitive thinking.  If you don't want to min/max for best performance that is fine; but to invest that much thought into knowingly handicapping (and overspending on) your tank to achieve said substandard performance is...

The Cent 7/1 performs arguably quite well with the standard high tier medium load out of V-Stab, Rammer, Optics/Vents, Sm Med, Sm Repair, AFE, my aforementioned crew skills and 4-5 HESH rounds for memes.

There is absolutely no reason to run a try hard vision load out and then "willfully" hamper its fighting capability.

The longer between shots, the higher the chance arty and TD's won't focus me, so I consider it a plus in my book.  Also, the tank with the highest viewrange gets the spotting experience priority for all shots taken in the same vicinity.  Plus I like spotting LT's and TD's as soon as they enter my viewrange.  I don't see it as hampering at all.

gingerted91 #22 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1312 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:01, said:

The longer between shots, the higher the chance arty and TD's won't focus me, so I consider it a plus in my book.

I don't know what to say to that...

View Post21Blackjack, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:01, said:

Also, the tank with the highest viewrange gets the spotting experience priority for all shots taken in the same vicinity.  Plus I like spotting LT's and TD's as soon as they enter my viewrange.  I don't see it as hampering at all.

So prioritizing a game mechanic that gives half XP over a mechanic that gives full XP is a good trade?  There is no "experience priority" BTW.

Damaging enemies you are spotting yourself:

You get XP per point of damage, modified by victim's tank type and tank tier compared to your own (damaging higher tiers pays more).

Damaging enemies that your team is spotting, but not yourself:

50% of the above,

Damage done to targets you are spotting, by team members who are not spotting them themselves:

50% of what the team member doing the damage would earn if he spotted the target himself, divided by the number of team members spotting the target.

21Blackjack #23 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 20794 battles

View Postgingerted91, on Apr 24 2019 - 05:46, said:

I don't know what to say to that...

So prioritizing a game mechanic that gives half XP over a mechanic that gives full XP is a good trade?  There is no "experience priority" BTW.

Damaging enemies you are spotting yourself:

You get XP per point of damage, modified by victim's tank type and tank tier compared to your own (damaging higher tiers pays more).

Damaging enemies that your team is spotting, but not yourself:

50% of the above,

Damage done to targets you are spotting, by team members who are not spotting them themselves:

50% of what the team member doing the damage would earn if he spotted the target himself, divided by the number of team members spotting the target.

Yeah so if I have super high viewrange, then anything I can see being shot at is sponged xp for me.  If I can't see it, then I don't get the xp.

gingerted91 #24 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 00:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1312 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

TL;DR

Anything you shoot = XP, anything you spot that no one else is spotting and takes damage = XP/2, anything you spot that someone else is also spotting and takes damage = XP/# of spotters, anything you spot and the tank inflicting damage is also spotting and takes damage = 0 XP

I am not sure you completely understand this and overestimate what you are getting for your config and efforts, but hey you do you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users