Suggestions to Improve Leopard Line

Leo Leopard German Med Medium Leo 1 leo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Leopard (23 members have cast votes)

Do you play the Leopard 1 currently?

1. Yes (10 votes [43.48%])

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

2. No (13 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

In your opinion how much does the Leopard 1 need a buff?

1. Not at all (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

2. Somewhat (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. Neutral (1 vote [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. A lot (11 votes [47.83%])

Percentage of vote: 47.83%

5. Buff it to Russian levels (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_Silent #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 08:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35357 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT

To make this a better line I would suggest redoing tier 8, 9, and 10.

Tier 8 would be the 3 teams of the Prototyp I with Team A being the Porsche, Team B being Rheinmetall, and Team C being the Borgward design as seen in link below.

https://panzerpedia....ype_C_(Borgward)

Each of the designs would have a 90mm gun and slight differences between the A and B but the C would be very different.

For the Tier 9 it would be

Team A is the Leopard PT A currently in game or the 0- Series Leopard if not a separate tank for the 0-series

Team B as the Standard B from Italian line but without auto reloader and the L7A1

Tier 10s would consist of the Leopard 1A1 and 1A3

Leopard 1A3 would be fast light armour and outstanding gun with 8.5 rpm, a 0.235 accuracy with a 100% crew and would use the following rounds

DM13 APDS with 282mm of pen, 1478m/s

DM12 HEAT-FS with 360mm of pen, 1170m/s

DM502 HESH with 127mm of pen, 1170 m/s

Could also improve turret with spaced armour and 8.7rpm and 0.228 accuracy

The Leopard 1A1 would have two turret upgrades to take it to the 1A1A1 variant and the 1A5 variant. It would have better turret armour and lower rpm and accuracy but better rounds. With 100% crew it would be 7.2 rpm with 1A1 turret and 420m viewrange with 0.32 accuracy. 1A1A1 variant would have 430m view range, 7.5 rpm and 0.30 accuracy. The 1A5 variant turret would make it 435m view range, 7.9rpm, 0.28 accuracy and move the majority of ammo into the turret reducing size of hull ammo rack.

The rounds used would be

DM13 APDS with 282mm of pen, 1478m/s

DM23 APFSDS with 375mm of pen, 1455m/s

DM502 HESH with 127mm of pen, 1170m/s

This would add unique designs and make the Leopard unique in its role as a sniper allowing it to be one of a kind and not a mediocre tank.

TLDR: add prototypes at tier 8 and upgraded at tier 10

Metalkon #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 08:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10156 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
I unlocked it years ago and still haven't bought it because of a lot of troubles it had on test servers in the past, I assume it's still terrible?

_Silent #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 08:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35357 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
It isn't terrible I have had 3-5k damage games in it, but when you dont have the armour to do much but support or the pen to hit from max range it hurts sometimes.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:08

Major

• Players
  • 24490 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

They already said its on the list of tanks to be reworked and I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who said it's coming in 1.6

Don't quote me though, my source may be unreliable 

tanopasman62 #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 20642 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:08, said:

They already said its on the list of tanks to be reworked and I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who said it's coming in 1.6

Don't quote me though, my source may be unreliable 

How about IS-4?, 1.7?

CeIestiaLudenberg #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50 battles

Simple, remove the Indien Panzer, put the PT A at tier 8 with the 90mm as the top gun, lower the current 90mm DPM by ~250 and only adjust to 1300hp.

Drop Leopard 1 with current stats to tier 9, only dropping the health to 1700 and DPM by ~200.

Introduce 1A3 or 1A1A1 as tier 10, giving the stabiliser which would fix the gun handling issue, also buff the aim time/accuracy by ~15% to make it a real scout-sniper, and also giving it a turret with spaced steel plates giving it a turret that is basically a 30B turret without the cupola.

_Silent #7 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 12:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35357 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT

Yeah thats what i suggested and it will be buffed just making a suggestion for the line so that its a bit better and more full

Also tagged with Leo, Leopard, German, Med, Medium, Leo 1, leo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users