AFK team mates in FL..

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

philspamoni #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27966 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

I'm seeing it more and more where people play fl for all of 5 minutes, get pwned and then stop playing. My last battle had 2 quit and 3 go afk. resulting in loss in 16:33. There was no chance of a carry, no chance to drag it on to reach general. I was about 6 shots from general with as many guys in front of me caught in the open...

Why can't there be compensation for the handicap created by these afk players?

It would be nice to see a multiplier to prestige or what ever the bar that fills up is for every player that doesn't move for 1 minute. -That's my two cents.

Anyone else come across this problem?

Anyone have other ideas to give the active players a better chance to progress with the handicap of afk team mates?

kapri25 #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:30

Captain

• Players
  • 16637 battles
  • [13A] 13A
I am sure you have noticed how "salty" people can get when things don't go according to their plan. Basically it boils down to ignorance of the game where things can change drastically and winning is not as important in FL mode as opposed to other modes. The only things I can suggest is either stay in the under strength area and farm or move/spawn in a more friendly populated area and come back to the previous one later.

Rumbaugh #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 09:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6186 battles
Sounds to me you're more interested in farming for rank by shooting targets. You would've made general if you did more capturing than shooting.  Just played a match where we were in overtime and we needed to capture F. We had 1 tank in there and about 7 1-200 yds to the NW shooting at targets instead of being in the cap. An enemy clown car rushed in to the cap and that ended the overtime and we lost. Dumb. I doubt those AFK players had anything to do with your loss. Besides, if they weren't AFK then you would've had less to shoot at. But I understand your FL frustration.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 10:45

Major

• Players
  • 23910 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I've had more and more games at this point where the game ends with ~10 minutes left on the clock and only one if not zero people get general. Every game the attacking team has won with the exception of 1 out of 13 games so far. 

I'm done playing the defense side. Over half the enemy team are lights and there is no way to counter them except to play lights. You can't defend in lights so what's the point.

Since this morning, every game I was on the defense I just quit to garage and went back into queue until I was attacking. Sure, I don't get credit for the game I left, but I would rather get general 9/10 games on attack than to sit on defense and wait for the team to get annihilated. 

Frontlines has never been about winning or losing, its about getting rank and rewards. There is 0 incentive to win, so why suffer through the losses. This tier 9 better be worth these 10 weeks. 

kapri25 #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 11:05

Captain

• Players
  • 16637 battles
  • [13A] 13A

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 21 2019 - 04:45, said:

I've had more and more games at this point where the game ends with ~10 minutes left on the clock and only one if not zero people get general. Every game the attacking team has won with the exception of 1 out of 13 games so far. 

I'm done playing the defense side. Over half the enemy team are lights and there is no way to counter them except to play lights. You can't defend in lights so what's the point.

Since this morning, every game I was on the defense I just quit to garage and went back into queue until I was attacking. Sure, I don't get credit for the game I left, but I would rather get general 9/10 games on attack than to sit on defense and wait for the team to get annihilated. 

Frontlines has never been about winning or losing, its about getting rank and rewards. There is 0 incentive to win, so why suffer through the losses. This tier 9 better be worth these 10 weeks. 

I think a lot of people are not even going to bother playing next month and others are close to stopping as well as bad as this mode has been. As you have said, this mystery tier 9 tank better be worth it. Right now I am tentatively thinking about doing next months FL season but if nothing has changed (making winning matter and the new **** map they talked about) I could care less about the mystery tank, even if it is an OP tier 9, or this mode.

sparky_49 #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6650 battles

View Postphilspamoni, on Apr 21 2019 - 03:10, said:

It would be nice to see a multiplier to prestige or what ever the bar that fills up is for every player that doesn't move for 1 minute. -That's my two cents.

Anyone have other ideas to give the active players a better chance to progress with the handicap of afk team mates?

Apparently most FL players are not too concerned about a tank that's not in play.

Yesterday while defending "B" I hit the rock about 100 meters north of cap and flipped on my side. For the next five minutes my team mates drove all around me, and even used that rock for cover, though they couldn't get but so close since I was on my side a few meters behind it.  But even they didn't bother to just drive forward a couple meters to flip me back on the tracks. I was there until the red team capped and killed me when they swarmed in. I'm glad that at least I wasn't penalized for being "AFK" and not moving for more than a minute.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:33

Captain

• Players
  • 43456 battles

Without some basic information about which flank has people the defending team will almost always loose.  It's so easy for the attackers to all swarm into one zone and roll it before the defenders get a chance to react.  The number of Afk or inactive players doesn't matter, the attackers could be down ten people and could still swarm one zone.

View Postsparky_49, on Apr 21 2019 - 06:23, said:

Yesterday while defending "B" I hit the rock about 100 meters north of cap and flipped on my side. For the next five minutes my team mates drove all around me, and even used that rock for cover, though they couldn't get but so close since I was on my side a few meters behind it.  But even they didn't bother to just drive forward a couple meters to flip me back on the tracks. I was there until the red team capped and killed me when they swarmed in. I'm glad that at least I wasn't penalized for being "AFK" and not moving for more than a minute.

​There is a re spawn key, not sure what it is.

Edited by Insanefriend, Apr 21 2019 - 13:35.

RHeadshot #8 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3354 battles

View Postkapri25, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:30, said:

I am sure you have noticed how "salty" people can get when things don't go according to their plan. Basically it boils down to ignorance of the game where things can change drastically and winning is not as important in FL mode as opposed to other modes. The only things I can suggest is either stay in the under strength area and farm or move/spawn in a more friendly populated area and come back to the previous one later.

FL isn't a game.  Games have players who try to win.

RHeadshot #9 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 13:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3354 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:45, said:

You have absolutely no clue how ironic your post is, do you?

HOTA_CHATON #10 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 14:30

Major

• Players
  • 13018 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View Postphilspamoni, on Apr 21 2019 - 02:10, said:

I'm seeing it more and more where people play fl for all of 5 minutes, get pwned and then stop playing. My last battle had 2 quit and 3 go afk. resulting in loss in 16:33. There was no chance of a carry, no chance to drag it on to reach general. I was about 6 shots from general with as many guys in front of me caught in the open...

Yes, I see it all the time now.  It's becoming more apparent as this event winds down.  Que times are getting longer and longer as people have had enough of the clown cars, unlimited arty/air strikes, and enemy going behind your lines when t hey weren't but now are able to.  It's just a myriad of different things that are causing people to give up.

Jryder #11 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 14:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13802 battles

View Postsparky_49, on Apr 21 2019 - 04:23, said:

Apparently most FL players are not too concerned about a tank that's not in play.

I've had people not bother to tip me in Randoms-recently-as well. Just depends. I've tipped twice in FL this week and both times got help, and one of those times was by a TS-5 in a very awkward spot. That took over a minute for him to accomplish.

As for people bailing, I get it. W/L/Draw makes no difference. Being swarmed by wheelies for the fast cap is unpleasant, especially since there is literally nothing you can do about it in a medium/heavy tank. Spawning farther back only to be spawn camped by is another frequent happening. If I know wheelies are swarming, I wait to spawn back in until I can find a clear zone. No point in spawning in until things get rational.

g327 #12 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14904 battles

View Postsparky_49, on Apr 21 2019 - 07:23, said:

I flipped once and had a teammate drive right past me even though there were no reds anywhere nearby.

(Pretty weak person to do that)

BUT the point I’m getting to is this: Next time, don’t waste time waiting  to get blown up by a red.

Just push the “J” key to self-destruct your tank in 15 seconds. You’ll be returned to your que line and be back in action in a new tank as soon as your que time allows.

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 33188 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

I'm seeing it more and more where people play fl for all of 5 minutes, get pwned and then stop playing. My last battle had 2 quit and 3 go afk. resulting in loss in 16:33. 

How do you know they're' AFK and not just waiting for their next respawn to become available?? 

kapri25 #14 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 16637 battles
  • [13A] 13A

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 21 2019 - 07:53, said:

FL isn't a game.  Games have players who try to win.

Same thing happens in pubs. Issues probably have happened in Clan Wars as well. In the end, I try to win but I still look to make rank as well. Can't speak on anyone else's opinion.

MagillaGuerilla #15 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 25649 battles

View Postsparky_49, on Apr 21 2019 - 13:23, said:

J is the respawn key. Hold J until you blow up and go back to garage for another tank.

toesave #16 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23275 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

first off..   fl has nothing to do with "a team" just like random you are all on your own.... next don't you think with the constant exit by players  from this game makes them have to do something..  FL makes it easier to hide.  there is no place better then FL to afk,,, as well as a great place to pad the stats, of the few that are still playing.it has become bot haven for sure..  even wot they can put in 5 or 6 without anyone noticing...

ever notice the que..    11 heavies 15 meds 7 lights 16 TD's  45 arty, but your wait time is well under a minute....  

18,000 or so on line and 94 in que... of the 18,000 not all that many are into fl..   or was about 9,000 of them really just numbers to make us think we are not alone....

35 or so active members in our clan only a couple (me included) play front lines....  the new [edited]is the wheelies..  seems they just can't play with the wheelies..  front lines makes it easy to go afk or hide if you run across one in your zone.. that is what I tell them...

winning is not all that important just rack up the damage and gain exp... this game in ever aspect is all about damage..   winning is only about making someone else think  you are good at something...(online games are not important to any one but the little ego in your head)

Front Lines is the best place to grind out exp,,   I am using it to grind thru the is 3..  wot can we do tier 9 next time.... I want a is 7 and front lines would be the best way to grind thru t-9 as it was to grind thru the is 3

the_dude_76 #17 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 33188 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Posttoesave, on Apr 21 2019 - 08:45, said:

.  there is no place better then FL to afk,,, as well as a great place to pad the stats, of the few that are still playing.it has become bot haven for sure..  even wot they can put in 5 or 6 without anyone noticing...

A- If you finish the battle without ranking up you earn nothing so what would be the point in going afk??

B- The front line game mode doesn't change your stats in anyway

C- The game mode is extremely popular so there is obviously no reason for WG to include bots

Zuikakoo #18 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20625 battles
As Frontline doesn't add at all to stats but still rewards XP limiting your exposure and saving your tank for several minutes at a time as you wait for Airstrikes and Smoke screens come off cooldown is perfectly viable.   If arty isn't considered AFK during their insane reloads, why am I considered afk while my airstrike reloads?

the_dude_76 #19 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 33188 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostZuikakoo, on Apr 21 2019 - 08:54, said:

As Frontline doesn't add at all to stats but still rewards XP limiting your exposure and saving your tank for several minutes at a time as you wait for Airstrikes and Smoke screens come off cooldown is perfectly viable.  

You're joking right?? Sitting there doing nothing for several minutes is obvious not a viable strategy for anyone who wants to level up

Block Quote

If arty isn't considered AFK during their insane reloads, why am I considered afk while my airstrike reloads?

This has to be sarcasm because no one could be this dense...

Zuikakoo #20 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20625 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:10, said:

You're joking right?? Sitting there doing nothing for several minutes is obvious not a viable strategy for anyone who wants to level up

This has to be sarcasm because no one could be this dense...

Yes thank you that subtle humor isn't lost, but it plays into the larger issue, if you AFK in Frontlines, how would you know unless you afked to watch them?   There's no deathcam in Frontlines, you die you go back into another tank, or you go to the minimap and then into another tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users