PSA: Pick your gun carefully when TK'ing

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

DrWho_ #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 25191 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

It's a bit unfair isn't it, if you have a quick fire gun as I have on my Luchs, and as I assume most people have on these kind of tanks, then you're a bit "helpless" when some **** decides to be a total *********

Just now I got a 1 hour ban, deserved if I'm to be honest, for emptying my clip into a Hellcat that was pushing me out of the cover where I was passively spotting. At first he pulled up behind and me used me as a meat shield while firing and then he started pushing me out of cover. I'ts on a ridge so I can't really move forward and just decide to clip him..... banned of course. Perfectly as pr the rules

However if it had been the other way around he could have one shot me without getting banned but I didn't even kill him and got banned

Yes I know, multiple shots vs single shots

I demand equality for TK'ers, or in my case attempted TK'ing, so that those of us with pee pee guns get an equal opportunity to TK people before we get banned

Firemoth #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 38104 battles
quality crapposting.

JimJ0nes #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21774 battles
Shoot red not green nub

xXTheGameAceXx #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11473 battles
Just focus on reds. Some players do that kind of crap on purpose, but then there's a lot who are just ditsy and pay no attention whatsoever. Regardless of that, TK'ing should never be an option. If anything, it contributes to the problem and kills off a perfectly good meat shield/decoy. If someone does that, report them and go about your business as usual.

NeatoMan #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:12, said:

It's a bit unfair isn't it, if you have a quick fire gun as I have on my Luchs, and as I assume most people have on these kind of tanks, then you're a bit "helpless" when some **** decides to be a total *********

Just now I got a 1 hour ban, deserved if I'm to be honest, for emptying my clip into a Hellcat that was pushing me out of the cover where I was passively spotting. At first he pulled up behind and me used me as a meat shield while firing and then he started pushing me out of cover. I'ts on a ridge so I can't really move forward and just decide to clip him..... banned of course. Perfectly as pr the rules

However if it had been the other way around he could have one shot me without getting banned but I didn't even kill him and got banned

I demand equality for TK'ers, or in my case attempted TK'ing, so that those of us with pee pee guns get an equal opportunity to TK people before we get banned

that's when you're supposed to get out of the bush, purposely get spotted, then hide right behind him and let him be the meat shield.  Always fun to see some invisible tank blow up when you are shooting at someone else.  Even better if you can bait their arty to rain down on the same bush.

Waarheid #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16092 battles

I know that it would have taken more time, and maybe not been as satisfying, but what you should have done was do a quick u-turn, continue playing (maybe YOLO), and open a physics abuse ticket with your replay attached. 

Adulting is hard, but we can't make things better unless we try to make things better. 

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 72604 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Ticket with replay to support and he gets spanked not you.

Since you didn't actually kill him and already got sanctioned by the automated system you could still submit it.

BUT since they have started taking reports w/replays for intentional team killing and handing out bans it's probably not worth the risk.

Even though you've already been punished and you didn't kill him.

AnArmyofBun #8 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 13127 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 07:12, said:

You must do a lot of team damage pretty often.

WeSayNotToday #9 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23564 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:12, said:

At first he pulled up behind and me used me as a meat shield while firing

This is a sign saying, "leave this spot now."

Seriously, someone parking right behind a passive spotter is a bad player, or a troll, is endangering your tank by attracting fire, especially arty, and has seriously degraded the current value of that location on the map.

Just leave.

Block Quote

LoL, interesting thought.  Easiest equality is removing team damage, IMO.  Also, I am more familiar with the term "pew pew" guns than the one you used...

Block Quote

and then he started pushing me out of cover. I'ts on a ridge so I can't really move forward and just decide to clip him

Don't shoot green tanks, problem solved.

Exiledcrow #10 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 50127 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
I won't go so far to say TKing is NEVER justified. Because if you play enough games there will be someone deserving ...... But if you are going to do it, make sure it's very rare and accept the punishment (if any) as fully justified before you pull that trigger.

Brynar #11 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7598 battles
I was in a game recently where this guy in a medium tank accidentally TKd another tank. He got a -1, but didn't turn blue. Another player got all worked up about it because it was his toon mate that was taken out. Stuff happens, but he wouldn't let it go. So when the Accidental Team Killer got flipped on his side, the other dude decided to prevent anyone to come to his aid. I was very close by in my M44 SPG. I one-shot the dude without penalty and helped the flipped tank. My justification was, the longer three guns are occupied with other things other than destroying the reds, the worse off we are. So I figured the angry dude would not enter the game again no matter what. The best option seemed to be to bring my own gun back into battle and one more. So what transpired seemed like the only option. That said, if it had taken several shots in whatever tank, I'm sure I would have gotten banned. Whether that is fair or not is for a different discussion.

SargeanTravis #12 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2903 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

Why do posts like this exist?

It's pretty obvious:

1. DONT SHOOT ALLIES 

2.Replays are helpful in getting justice for your cause, if applicable.

tbh why were you passive spotting in the Luchs? That thing is an evil speed demon, a mini E25 with a minigun turret (unless you're an idiot like me and grind the wrong gun...:confused:)

__Worm__ #13 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 34924 battles

Well .....

I_QQ_4_U #14 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 22924 battles
It's not coincidence that the majority of people that purposely TK are in derp tanks.

__WarChild__ #15 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 32680 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

OP, you're going to get to meet my good friend, Mezurashi.  Enjoy your warning point(s).

PS - If you argue with M, you get more warning points.  Trust me, I know...

Gothraul #16 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
This is one of the things that I despise about derp gun players that far too many of them are team killers especially in Japanese heavies.

DrWho_ #17 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 25191 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:37, said:

I have earned 228 "Battle Buddies" in 19388 games, you have earned 14 in 11474 games ..... you want to continue that line of thought ?

As for my post it was a humorous admission of guilt, at least it was an attempt as such, but I guess humor doesn't always travel well

spud_tuber #18 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 58977 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:37, said:

Not necessarily, he used a machine gun/autoloader.   Even with a clean bill of health 8 shots in a row can easily ban someone.

DrWho_ #19 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25191 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 21 2019 - 17:05, said:

OP, you're going to get to meet my good friend, Mezurashi.  Enjoy your warning point(s).

PS - If you argue with M, you get more warning points.  Trust me, I know...

I've already had a run in with the Mods around here and if I was to express my honest opinion of them I would probably be permanently banned both here and on the EU forums, hence my sig, but I appreciate the warning

DrWho_ #20 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 25191 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 21 2019 - 20:02, said:

Not necessarily, he used a machine gun/autoloader.   Even with a clean bill of health 8 shots in a row can easily ban someone.

Congratulations, you win a cookie :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users