PSA: Pick your gun carefully when TK'ing

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

samael75 #21 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21110 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:12, said:

It's a bit unfair isn't it, if you have a quick fire gun as I have on my Luchs, and as I assume most people have on these kind of tanks, then you're a bit "helpless" when some **** decides to be a total *********

Just now I got a 1 hour ban, deserved if I'm to be honest, for emptying my clip into a Hellcat that was pushing me out of the cover where I was passively spotting. At first he pulled up behind and me used me as a meat shield while firing and then he started pushing me out of cover. I'ts on a ridge so I can't really move forward and just decide to clip him..... banned of course. Perfectly as pr the rules

However if it had been the other way around he could have one shot me without getting banned but I didn't even kill him and got banned

Yes I know, multiple shots vs single shots

I demand equality for TK'ers, or in my case attempted TK'ing, so that those of us with pee pee guns get an equal opportunity to TK people before we get banned

Passively spotting from TDs line? Try arty line next. 

Rena_Dyne #22 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 8569 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 11:00, said:

I have earned 228 "Battle Buddies" in 19388 games, you have earned 14 in 11474 games ..... you want to continue that line of thought ?

As for my post it was a humorous admission of guilt, at least it was an attempt as such, but I guess humor doesn't always travel well

a lot of old accounts with high numbers like that often did a lot of those battles before the "Battle Buddy" Medal got introduced. Some have higher because they still play a lot though.

DrWho_ #23 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 23070 battles

View PostRena_Dyne, on Apr 21 2019 - 20:46, said:

a lot of old accounts with high numbers like that often did a lot of those battles before the "Battle Buddy" Medal got introduced. Some have higher because they still play a lot though.

Fair point, so when was the BB introduced then ?

Goat_Rodeo #24 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Let the reds do the damage. I jumped onto pubs for one match last night to get my 1st MOE in the Bulldog. Pulled highway which sucks [edited] but still managed to circulate between mid and A1 without too much damage to me. Some dumb [edited]in their ISU 152 kept moaning I wasn’t scouting and shooting right beside me. (3K spotting just at N/W corner alone) He was so far back in the N/E corner he wouldn’t render anything I lit anyways. 

The city was getting their asses handed to them and since all the tanks that came to A1 were refusing to move I went back to help the city. That’s when the dumbaz 152 connected a shot and siphoned off most of my HPs left. I could see he was going for more so I tracked him and left. A few seconds later the red team nailed him for me.

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Apr 23 2019 - 00:31.

ThePigSheFlies #25 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 73232 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:37, said:

You must do a lot of team damage pretty often.

one can have an extremely high positive damage ratio, but using a chain gun on an ally 2 tiers higher, and holding the fire button down even after you turn blue will turn into an hour ban pretty much regardless of how well behaved one is more typically.

AnArmyofBun #26 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 12158 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 21 2019 - 12:02, said:

Not necessarily, he used a machine gun/autoloader.   Even with a clean bill of health 8 shots in a row can easily ban someone.

Pretty sure I've gone the last..however..many battles without ever being banned or team damaging people.  Pretty sure if he aims and pulls the trigger on purpose he's earned that.

spud_tuber #27 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:39

Major

• Players
  • 57841 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 21 2019 - 20:14, said:

Pretty sure I've gone the last..however..many battles without ever being banned or team damaging people.  Pretty sure if he aims and pulls the trigger on purpose he's earned that.

Oh, he deserved it, and as much as admits that in the OP.  He just doesn't necessarily have a history of team damage to get banned in that situation.   Even 2 bursts from the 3cm can get someone banned, as that is 4 shots.

Red_Miles #28 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 04:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2646 battles

I'm in the ELC bis, passively spotting on Westfield, watching the ridgeline for anything that tries to sneak past the two flanks by cutting through the middle.  The next thing I know, an allied medium starts to flee from these two tanks that have showed up on his flank.  He does so by slamming into my side, shoving me out of my bush and into plain view, and keeps going.

Now it's clear that he did this hoping that the enemies would take the easier target he'd just given them and let him escape in peace.  And I speed the hell off and get out of their line of sight, and just type '[edited]MOVE, <x>'

"I did it so you'd quit being a pants wetter and go play the game instead of sitting in a bush the whole game.  Learn to play the game, loser."

I died within a minute later when I got caught out by the enemy ELC bis who had the rapid firing gun.  I did not.  And this guy sat up on top of a hill.  In a bush.  And watched it happen.  He even let the ELC bis go.  Because he was too afraid to take the shot and risk exposing himself.

I reported, but it doesn't do any good.

There there was the map on Paris where I was in the northern open area, playing silly buggers with an enemy medium on the other side of one of those little 'hills' that dot the area.  Keeping him lit for arty, who kept...  Not taking the shot and shooting at other vehicles.  All of a sudden I hear CLANG as an allied medium slams into me side on, tracks me, shoves me up the hill, over the hill, lets my tank eat the enemy medium's shot as he pushes me out and over and I die, he one-shots the enemy medium and drives off to go arty hunting.

And one round on Ghost Town I'm at 40 HP, hiding in a bush and passive spotting one of the open sides of the map to check for anything trying to move up.  I'd just killed an enemy tank and traded badly doing it, my fault, but apparently the Hellcat on our team didn't like it.  Because he comes tearing up behind me and plows into me at full speed, killing me on the spot.

You will see some of the most insane team-unfriendly crap you can imagine in an ELC bis.

Edited by Red_Miles, Apr 22 2019 - 04:16.

Shifuede #29 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 05:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 11897 battles
  • [555TN] 555TN
How can people deliberately TK while going to -1, yet not turn blue?  This never used to be an issue, but I just got intentionally TKed because I'd asked for arty to kill the LT spotting me, but the jerk (who stated he did it just because) didn't go blue at all...

DrWho_ #30 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 23070 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 03:14, said:

I never said I didn't but I earned it through my actions in this particular game and not through some consistent bad behavior as you seem to have gotten hung up on. In fact it was the whole "point" of my admission of guilt, if you're going to TK someone make sure you can do it in one or two shots because with a small caliber gun like the one on the Luchs you'll actually be banned before you can TK someone unless they're already badly damaged

And just for the record, I'm not being serious of course. I thought that was rather obvious but humor doesn't always travel well, especially across TCP/IP, so I'll just point that out in case a Moderator happens to read this as I already know from experience that they have a hard time understanding sarcasm/irony and/or humor

Copacetic #31 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46168 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

Clip him....take your ban proudly like a man...go get a beer and a burger.

Do not post about it...we all salute you silently

Normally when some twit does something like this to me, I put them on ban list and next time I see them when im in like my 183, bam get even time and no ban.

Edited by Copacetic, Apr 22 2019 - 21:22.

DrWho_ #32 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 23070 battles

View PostShifuede, on Apr 22 2019 - 05:00, said:

How can people deliberately TK while going to -1, yet not turn blue?  This never used to be an issue, but I just got intentionally TKed because I'd asked for arty to kill the LT spotting me, but the jerk (who stated he did it just because) didn't go blue at all...

If they can TK you in a single shot they don't go blue because the system doesn't want to punish people for an honest mistake. It's not the amount of damage nor the fact that the shot kills you that makes someone go blue but, simplifying it a bit, it's the number of times a person shoots you. There are other factors too but generally speaking that, or consistently damaging people over shorter periods of time, that make people turn blue.

In my case I clipped another tank using the quick fire gun on the Luchs and I believe I was banned at the 6th shot or something which wouldn't have taken more than half the HP off of the Hellcat I was shooting at.

Experienced a**holes who find pleasure in doing these things, I did it out of a moment's anger and frustration, knows this of course and will only use high alpha guns

dunniteowl #33 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 30306 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:48, said:

Fair point, so when was the BB introduced then ?

September 2014.

Same time I joined.

OvO

337 BBs and counting.

DrWho_ #34 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 23070 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:33, said:

September 2014.

Same time I joined.

OvO

337 BBs and counting.

Thx, I'll just leave it that then

cloudwalkr #35 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 00:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56117 battles
Bro, you gotta step up your game.  Some things to remember for next time...1) let them have that spot then start firing your gun behind them getting them shot instead of you or 2) wait for them to pull out to fire and then track them.  Just some things I've seen others do in pub matches.

Trebor1415 #36 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18942 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
I feel for you. The one time I got a ban was for shooting back in my Luchs after a teammate didn't like how I was spotting and shot me on purpose.

On the other hand, I was able to kill two griefers in another game without a ban in my T40 TD. It was a pair of light tanks that platooned in together and they were "push griefing" by blocking my movement, pushing me around, etc., so I couldn't even get to the fight. When i finally broke free one of them shot me and instantly turned blue, so "Game on." When I shot back his buddy rushed in to eat the shot so I'd get banned. No joy, The system saw my hit as accidental. My second and third shots killed the now  blue tank. His buddy was still hassling me so I risked a second, deliberate, shot into him. Killed him and didn't turn blue.

The two of them kept me out of the whole battle. Luckily the team was good and we won. I gotta say it was satisfying to actually kill griefers for once and not get banned.

I've got a replay and I'll try to remember to post it later

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #37 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:18

Captain

• Players
  • 34423 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:12, said:

It's a bit unfair isn't it, if you have a quick fire gun as I have on my Luchs, and as I assume most people have on these kind of tanks, then you're a bit "helpless" when some **** decides to be a total *********

Just now I got a 1 hour ban, deserved if I'm to be honest, for emptying my clip into a Hellcat that was pushing me out of the cover where I was passively spotting. At first he pulled up behind and me used me as a meat shield while firing and then he started pushing me out of cover. I'ts on a ridge so I can't really move forward and just decide to clip him..... banned of course. Perfectly as pr the rules

However if it had been the other way around he could have one shot me without getting banned but I didn't even kill him and got banned

I demand equality for TK'ers, or in my case attempted TK'ing, so that those of us with pee pee guns get an equal opportunity to TK people before we get banned

Perhaps you should aim at ammo racks or fuel tanks.

TA_Reaper #38 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 01:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 40012 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:12, said:

I will take a 1 Hour ban if I can TK all the damn clown cars that I can kill. If I can hit one zipping off at 70-90mps or what ever, and then of course rounds bounce off of them, and they don't get tracked as wheels don't pop off,  Ya an hour ban would be fine.

spud_tuber #39 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 57841 battles

View PostCpt_Zapp_Brannigan, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:18, said:

Perhaps you should aim at ammo racks or fuel tanks.

FTFY. Fuel tank burn counts as multiple hits as well.  Good path to a quick ban.  Ammo rack, however,  is a good idea.

Caketime #40 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

View PostTA_Reaper, on Apr 24 2019 - 01:02, said:

I will take a 1 Hour ban if I can TK all the damn clown cars that I can kill. If I can hit one zipping off at 70-90mps or what ever, and then of course rounds bounce off of them, and they don't get tracked as wheels don't pop off,  Ya an hour ban would be fine.

That's a little mean spirited, they make good buddies in my opinion. Besides, if it's a well played clown car and you happen to fire at the targets it lights up, isn't that called teamwork?

I understand your frustration OP and can relate, I have spent some time in the penalty box. I try not to though, if somebody wants to be in the spot I'm occupying I'd rather drive away and hope they absorb some of the damage while I reposition. If they do well then that's fantastic, but I don't sweat it if they get blown away. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users