I think I’m over FL

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Vampiresbane #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:28

Captain

• Players
  • 29999 battles
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC

I was grinding prestige levels for the Emil and tier 9 td but at $20M credits and prestige 3 I’m burnt out.

I have my gripes-bad textures stealing shots, unkillable clown cars, arty focus fire that at times is even more painful than random battles, etc.

But none of those gripes ^ are what killed it for me- it’s the insane # of hours required to get prestige 8 or 10.  And I really want the premium Swedish tank... but holy crap this isn’t worth the time.  

I’ll do FL to grind bad tier 8 tanks but no more grinding for me for prestige.  It just isn’t fun enough to put this many hours into it.

Panzerkind #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles

I tried the mode the last time it was out. It is not for me. 

For me it is a dumbed-down version of WoT that discards everything about the game which I love (no respawning, no HP regeneration, etc.). It's basically like turning WoT into CoD, which is fine if that is what you like, but it's not for me. 

The reason I love WoT is largely because of the fact that there is no respawning or HP regeneration which forces you to actually use your brain and play carefully and punishes players for making stupid plays. FL almost rewards people for playing like idiots... again... like CoD or something. 

Insanefriend #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:47

Captain

• Players
  • 45409 battles
I really think that the rewards killed frontlines for a lot of people.  It went from a fun different game mode to a chore a for lot of people.  It also forces people to play a mode that they may not enjoy simply because they collect tanks.

13Jake55 #4 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20625 battles

I've only played twice this week. I like the maps and some aspects of FL but I'm not up for a grind or half hour battles with repeated spawnings and no incentive to win and mostly premium tanks. I wish they would do a tier 6 one but then they would just create some op premium tanks for that too.

Panzerkind #5 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles

View Post13Jake55, on Apr 21 2019 - 08:49, said:

I've only played twice this week. I like the maps and some aspects of FL but I'm not up for a grind or half hour battles with repeated spawnings and no incentive to win and mostly premium tanks. I wish they would do a tier 6 one but then they would just create some op premium tanks for that too.

Also the best battles in WoT are the ones where the last one or a couple players alive stand alone outnumbered and win by outsmarting the enemy team. 

That can never be a thing in FL.

Zuikakoo #6 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 15:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21487 battles
The reticle bug has gone from annoying to infuriating with every passing month. 

GenPanzer #7 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 44234 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostVampiresbane, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:28, said:

I was grinding prestige levels for the Emil and tier 9 td but at $20M credits and prestige 3 I’m burnt out.

I have my gripes-bad textures stealing shots, unkillable clown cars, arty focus fire that at times is even more painful than random battles, etc.

But none of those gripes ^ are what killed it for me- it’s the insane # of hours required to get prestige 8 or 10.  And I really want the premium Swedish tank... but holy crap this isn’t worth the time.  

I’ll do FL to grind bad tier 8 tanks but no more grinding for me for prestige.  It just isn’t fun enough to put this many hours into it.

I will admit that FL does get a bit old after just a few games, but what's the difference between spending hours grinding any number of tanks, or spending those same hours for prestige. I mean won't you get prestige while you grind your bad tier 8s?

If it wasn't for the reward tanks, I'd guess this mode would die like many others in the past have died (thinking historical battles in particular).

mlinke #8 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I am sick of idiots that kill objectives 8 min too soon. And people who defend a b c miles in the back where they fo not even see the cap. Sitting and sniping in defenders on clown cars that come to kill our arty. Sick of idiots that do not let enemy cap even if they only got a and b and 2 min time left. People do not understand the concept of fl and just push to win. Leving most of team with lieutenant rank.

Garandster #9 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5951 battles

If it wasn't for the credits and putting SS on some crews, I wouldn't be playing. If woldn't be so bad IMO if we got rank points for the cap points we lost if we died during a cap and if they buffed the rank points we get from just doing damage a little it would make the whole grind way more doable for prestige and not force so much focus on having to cap to guarantee a good rank.

It's not a bad mode, just having one map and one attack style is getting old. I think it would be cool to see a FL battle mode with maybe 9 caps and everyone can contest them back and forth earning points for there team based on how many they hold kinda like WOWS.

Edited by Garandster, Apr 21 2019 - 16:26.

Allf #10 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30813 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:47, said:

It also forces people to play a mode that they may not enjoy simply because they collect tanks.

As  matter of fact that is the only reason I play Frontlines for. 

Bonds are nice as a bonus but thats really about it. I play for the reward vehicles, not because I find it fun.

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 22208 battles
I don't dislike it but I don't like playing it over and over, mostly play it for the credits or for grind out bad/stock tanks. The only thing that really annoys me about FL is all the soap you have to deal with, never had any aiming problems.

AnArmyofBun #12 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 12134 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostVampiresbane, on Apr 21 2019 - 07:28, said:

You only have to prestige once a per month now.  You'll be fine.  Also "Clown Cars" are perfectly killable.

Exiledcrow #13 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 49532 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I really only enjoy the first 4-5 battles per month. Just made first prestige may not reach the second level given how deeply unsatisfying I'm finding it. 

*shrug* Not every mode is for every player and I have other things I'd rather be doing in game.

Christojojo #14 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 18:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34591 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostVampiresbane, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:28, said:

I am not even done with my first prestige grind. I know I won't get it. THe game is no longer worth all the hours of play fo rme. just have fun for 3-5 games a day and leave.

Edited by Christojojo, Apr 22 2019 - 06:42.

Nonamanadus #15 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 31866 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
Don't have time for the grind so I'm not even bothering with it anymore.

SporkBoy #16 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 46976 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Would be far better without the disconnect issues of late.

Broke into prestige V last light. Hoping to stay 2 level ahead just in case I miss a session or two.

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

FL is too pedantic.

If WG gave us only 1 map to play WoT on the game would be dead and gone years ago.

The single map mode is a non starter for me.

Its boredom defined.

Even the addition of another map isn't going to convince me to waste my entertainment time on this mode.

I despised Rampage mode and I despise this mode for all the same reasons.

Respawns 

Healing

Resupplying

These are not what WoT is about, what makes it different and challenging.

These are things that just dumb down a good premise.

I don't feel the 'rewards' are worth the effort.

I don't want to see it go, there are players who really like it.

I am thankful I can still play real WoT while FL is active.

EDIT:

I'm also not interested in the T-IX arty they're going to give away :trollface:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 21 2019 - 19:05.

RHeadshot #18 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5112 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:47, said:

I really think that the rewards killed frontlines for a lot of people.  It went from a fun different game mode to a chore a for lot of people.  It also forces people to play a mode that they may not enjoy simply because they collect tanks.

The sad thing is that so many people apparently believe they "collect tanks" in this game, when in reality it's just fake pixel stuff.

RHeadshot #19 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5112 battles

View Postmlinke, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:21, said:

I am sick of idiots that kill objectives 8 min too soon. And people who defend a b c miles in the back where they fo not even see the cap. Sitting and sniping in defenders on clown cars that come to kill our arty. Sick of idiots that do not let enemy cap even if they only got a and b and 2 min time left. People do not understand the concept of fl and just push to win. Leving most of team with lieutenant rank.

And the people who are tired of front lines are probably tired of players like you and this mode where there is no goal of winning.

Edited by RHeadshot, Apr 21 2019 - 19:08.

the_Deadly_Bulb #20 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:10

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:04, said:

The sad thing is that so many people apparently believe they "collect tanks" in this game, when in reality it's just fake pixel stuff.

No more sad than players who think their stats have significance.

Lots of video games have a "collector" aspect. Diablo did.

Many racing games do, its not a new thing in games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users