I think I’m over FL

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

RHeadshot #21 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3882 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 21 2019 - 19:10, said:

No more sad than players who think their stats have significance.

Lots of video games have a "collector" aspect. Diablo did.

Many racing games do, its not a new thing in games.

Do those players actually believe they are "collectors?"  Doesn't look good for gamers when part of a player base is that naïve.

SporkBoy #22 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 44740 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Just wait for the reveal on the mystery tier 9 when it turns out to be an OP auto-loading minor country arty.

the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 26462 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:14, said:

Do those players actually believe they are "collectors?"  Doesn't look good for gamers when part of a player base is that naïve.

Your "collection" is 29 tanks, mine is 242.

Are they real?

Nope.

Do I have a better selection to choose from?

Yup.

That's part of collecting.

Its a game, try to n ot care so much.

WoT is very unique.

I can't think of another game where players obsess on what other players have, do or have done than WoT.:teethhappy:

the_Deadly_Bulb #24 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 26462 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSporkBoy, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:16, said:

Just wait for the reveal on the mystery tier 9 when it turns out to be an OP auto-loading minor country arty.

Mostly correct.

Russia is NOT a minor country. :hiding:

Rena_Dyne #25 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 8446 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:14, said:

Many people collect worthless things, their value is purely what we assign to them. Some people collect bottle caps, some people collect buttons, some people collect bits of string. Humans are weird fickle creatures, so, yes, some people collect pixel tanks and are happy with it.

LeaveIT2Beaver #26 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 35935 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 21 2019 - 13:03, said:

FL is too pedantic.

I had to go look that one up! :trollface:

pe·dan·tic
/pəˈdan(t)ik/
adjective
of or like a pedant.
"many of the essays are long, dense, and too pedantic to hold great appeal"
synonyms: overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky; dogmatic, purist, literalist, literalistic, formalist, scholastic; casuistic, casuistical, sophistic, sophistical; captious, hairsplitting, quibbling, pettifogging, fault-finding, hypercritical, cavilling, carping; informalnitpicking, pernickety; archaicovernice
"a pedantic interpretation of the rules"
learned, cerebral, didactic, bookish, pedagogic, donnish, highbrow, ivory-tower, pretentious, pompous;
intellectual, academic, scholastic, scholarly, literary;
informalegghead
"pedantic words like “irriguous”"

Edited by PepperidgeFarmGuy, Apr 21 2019 - 20:22.

Insanefriend #27 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:14

Captain

• Players
  • 44152 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 21 2019 - 12:14, said:

This is a sad attempt at a troll, to you what is collecting?  The dictionary defines it as, "a person who collects things of a specified type, professionally or as a hobby."  Which is what a lot of people do in this game by trying to get all the tanks.  No where does it say there are restrictions on what can and can't be collected to be considered a collector.

g327 #28 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 05:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15728 battles

View Postmlinke, on Apr 21 2019 - 10:21, said:

I am sick of idiots that kill objectives 8 min too soon. And people who defend a b c miles in the back where they fo not even see the cap. Sitting and sniping in defenders on clown cars that come to kill our arty. Sick of idiots that do not let enemy cap even if they only got a and b and 2 min time left. People do not understand the concept of fl and just push to win. Leving most of team with lieutenant rank.

Except for the name calling, I so agree with this.

So many FL players just don't seem to have grasped the concept after 1 year and 3 episodes, despite more and more in-game chat messages telling them what to do and why. 

Tonight, I was in a battle that ended with just under 8 minutes left. The game ended with 7 of my teammates diligently protecting Cap C against 3 attackers; all other attackers had already swarmed Caps A,B,D,E and then had rushed to destroy the objectives. Not very many high ranks earned in that game, that's for sure. 

Edited by g327, Apr 22 2019 - 05:44.

Panzerjager72 #29 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 11:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19583 battles

View PostZuikakoo, on Apr 21 2019 - 09:52, said:

The reticle bug has gone from annoying to infuriating with every passing month. 

I know how you feel. I don't see why they haven't fixed that by now. Maybe they are too inept to fix it.

LpBronco #30 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 12:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42948 battles
  • [TG] TG

A quick look shows I have 524 tanks in my garage. After years of the grind that WoT has represented, I no longer have the same motivations to play so new modes and objectives help keep the game interesting. Plus, I'm one of the silly ones who treat tanks like Pokemon. I no longer play the marathons for tanks but the credits and experience mean I can have three tier tens whenever I decide which ones I want (definitely going straight for the new Swedish tier ten medium when it's released) 

So for those on the fence, keep playing. We need as many as we can to keep it interesting. 

It's, also, a good thing that it's only one week a month as I couldn't keep the pace otherwise.

RHeadshot #31 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 13:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3882 battles

View PostRena_Dyne, on Apr 21 2019 - 20:16, said:

Many people collect worthless things, their value is purely what we assign to them. Some people collect bottle caps, some people collect buttons, some people collect bits of string. Humans are weird fickle creatures, so, yes, some people collect pixel tanks and are happy with it.

Everything you mentioned is something tangible.  Pixel tanks are not, and once WG folds, these "collectors" won't have anything.

mbrolin #32 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 13:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33278 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 22 2019 - 12:00, said:

Everything you mentioned is something tangible.  Pixel tanks are not, and once WG folds, these "collectors" won't have anything.

So.

RacWisco #33 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 13:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72126 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostGarandster, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:24, said:

If it wasn't for the credits and putting SS on some crews, I wouldn't be playing. If woldn't be so bad IMO if we got rank points for the cap points we lost if we died during a cap and if they buffed the rank points we get from just doing damage a little it would make the whole grind way more doable for prestige and not force so much focus on having to cap to guarantee a good rank.

It's not a bad mode, just having one map and one attack style is getting old. I think it would be cool to see a FL battle mode with maybe 9 caps and everyone can contest them back and forth earning points for there team based on how many they hold kinda like WOWS.

I am enjoying the mode but this frustrates me too. To get on cap early, get it started, have most of the cap points, get crapped on and more timid players get the cap points for driving in later. I may try being one of the second wave onto the cap guys next round.

VonStaufen #34 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5700 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
THE GRIND!!!! ...its awful.

Insanefriend #35 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:04

Captain

• Players
  • 44152 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 22 2019 - 06:00, said:

People used to collect Beanie Babies and Pogs with a crazy passion, both of which now are pretty worthless.  The only real difference between them and things in a game is you don't need to toss them in the garbage when they are worthless.  

Even if it is just pixels and bytes of data it is still a collection of a type so trying to down play the act of collecting all the tanks in the game is just silly.  

TVV #36 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:18

Captain

• Players
  • 56766 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

The one single map in Frontlines gets maddeningly boring, and it is only moth 3 out of 10. I can't imagine how bored with this map I will feel by November. A couple of extra maps would be a huge improvement. On top of that, as the OP has noted, WG has not even fixed known bugs with shots to vehicles on top of certain hills virtually impossible in many cases. 

Other than that, the arty/air strike focus is a little annoying, but not nearly as annoying as 3 arty focus on a regular map somehow, maybe because of the respawn mechanic  - as least in FL I can go play a different tank somewhere else after I get repeatedly hit and stunned. I know most play for the reward tanks, but the credits and the various rewards along the way are nice as well, especially the bonds and the little gold.

In the end though, assuming 40 games per prestige level, 400 games of 20+ minutes on average on the same map to get to level 10 is a bit ridiculous. 

DrWho_ #37 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 21063 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Apr 22 2019 - 13:00, said:

Alf and I collect foam in the hope that one day he'll be able to return to Melmac where it's worth a ton. There is foam in them thar hills !!!

SporkBoy #38 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 44740 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
In Mother Russia Frontlines is over you!

MountainLion1 #39 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 00:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24569 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK

View PostRena_Dyne, on Apr 21 2019 - 13:16, said:

Most of the time the value of an object is determined by it’s rarity. In WOT there are several factors that influence the perceived value of a tank. The Type 59 is a prime example, this tank was taken out of the premium shop several years ago. With it being unavailable its legend grew over time and it is one of the most sought tanks in the game. Another example is the Obj. 907, its value is in the difficulty in obtaining it in CW events. The status that is associated with it is much like the Type 59 but for different reasons. Each player for his own reasons has a certain tank in the game that they value more than any other. It is just human nature to find value in things and to collect objects, and others will not see the value of said item. The bottom line is to each his own, enjoy what you find value in. See y’all on the battlefield.

Rena_Dyne #40 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 04:55

Major

• Players
  • 8446 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostMountainLion1, on Apr 22 2019 - 15:18, said:

Most of the time the value of an object is determined by it’s rarity. In WOT there are several factors that influence the perceived value of a tank. The Type 59 is a prime example, this tank was taken out of the premium shop several years ago. With it being unavailable its legend grew over time and it is one of the most sought tanks in the game. Another example is the Obj. 907, its value is in the difficulty in obtaining it in CW events. The status that is associated with it is much like the Type 59 but for different reasons. Each player for his own reasons has a certain tank in the game that they value more than any other. It is just human nature to find value in things and to collect objects, and others will not see the value of said item. The bottom line is to each his own, enjoy what you find value in. See y’all on the battlefield.

More or less what I said innit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users