I think I’m over FL

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

FastForward7 #41 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 06:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11514 battles

View Postmlinke, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:21, said:

I am sick of idiots that kill objectives 8 min too soon. And people who defend a b c miles in the back where they fo not even see the cap. Sitting and sniping in defenders on clown cars that come to kill our arty. Sick of idiots that do not let enemy cap even if they only got a and b and 2 min time left. People do not understand the concept of fl and just push to win. Leving most of team with lieutenant rank.

So, with the caveat that I've never played FL, but have a rough idea what it's about, I think what you're upset about should rightfully be aimed at WG. They've created a game mode where the "correct" way to play it is to game the system a little bit. It's just poor game design. 

TankFullOfBourbon #42 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 06:33

Major

• Players
  • 29666 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostVampiresbane, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:28, said:

I was grinding prestige levels for the Emil and tier 9 td but at $20M credits and prestige 3 I’m burnt out.

I have my gripes-bad textures stealing shots, unkillable clown cars, arty focus fire that at times is even more painful than random battles, etc.

But none of those gripes ^ are what killed it for me- it’s the insane # of hours required to get prestige 8 or 10.  And I really want the premium Swedish tank... but holy crap this isn’t worth the time.  

I’ll do FL to grind bad tier 8 tanks but no more grinding for me for prestige.  It just isn’t fun enough to put this many hours into it.

Funny it takes some people 4 months to realize (the hard way) what some of us realized after 5 games.

FastForward7 #43 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 06:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11514 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Apr 22 2019 - 12:00, said:

A quick look shows I have 524 tanks in my garage. After years of the grind that WoT has represented, I no longer have the same motivations to play so new modes and objectives help keep the game interesting. Plus, I'm one of the silly ones who treat tanks like Pokemon. I no longer play the marathons for tanks but the credits and experience mean I can have three tier tens whenever I decide which ones I want (definitely going straight for the new Swedish tier ten medium when it's released) 

So for those on the fence, keep playing. We need as many as we can to keep it interesting. 

It's, also, a good thing that it's only one week a month as I couldn't keep the pace otherwise.

Honestly, what in the f$%#? I just did a quick count (and I probably miscounted) but it looks like there are currently 470 tanks (including premiums) in the tech tree. So you have, at best, every tank in the game, plus another 52 premiums on top of that? I hope WG sends you a Christmas card every year for the fortune you've dropped on this game. 

TankFullOfBourbon #44 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 08:14

Major

• Players
  • 29666 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 24 2019 - 06:44, said:

Honestly, what in the f$%#? I just did a quick count (and I probably miscounted) but it looks like there are currently 470 tanks (including premiums) in the tech tree. So you have, at best, every tank in the game, plus another 52 premiums on top of that? I hope WG sends you a Christmas card every year for the fortune you've dropped on this game. 

If you had been playing your cards right maybe you could have gotten his sh!t after he was done but then you didn't. No sh!t for you.

LpBronco #45 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 11:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43553 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

I still have a dozen or more tier tens, most of the upper tier SPG's as I quit playing them at all after stun went live - made me feel I was grieving the game to play them - and a few more assorted lower tiers I skipped that I don't feel strongly about missing from the collection. What hurts the most is passing on the PzIV/V and the A-32 before I had "started" collecting and missing the Su 76i when it was offered. 

I keep hoping Vlad will flip the switch on my account so I get the special force fields that can alter time and space and make shots curve away from my tanks but I must not have spent enough yet, LOL.

p.s. Went and counted - missing 17 tier tens.

Edited by LpBronco, Apr 24 2019 - 11:45.

sailorboy7982 #46 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 11:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21803 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostVampiresbane, on Apr 21 2019 - 05:28, said:

I was grinding prestige levels for the Emil and tier 9 td but at $20M credits and prestige 3 I’m burnt out.

I have my gripes-bad textures stealing shots, unkillable clown cars, arty focus fire that at times is even more painful than random battles, etc.

But none of those gripes ^ are what killed it for me- it’s the insane # of hours required to get prestige 8 or 10.  And I really want the premium Swedish tank... but holy crap this isn’t worth the time.  

I’ll do FL to grind bad tier 8 tanks but no more grinding for me for prestige.  It just isn’t fun enough to put this many hours into it.

So far I haven't even gotten 1 prestige rank. I have a life ( work, wife, etc) and only a certain space of time I can play. I will never see any of the preme tanks, takes to damn long to grind up to the first one. And with the introduction of the Frenchy clown cars and constantly getting killed in resupply points, either by arty/air strikes and LT's going back into captured zones to attack< i just didn't have as much fun this time around.I think I played maybe 5-6 times this last time.

24cups #47 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 24230 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 24 2019 - 00:44, said:

Only 52 premiums  ? That's not even close to a lot.  

Roggg2 #48 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 21561 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Yeah, I had fun this episode, but pretty much avoided episode 2 entirely.  I like the game mode, but it's going to take me 200 hours or more to get prestige 10 in total.  It's going to be a real grind, and not just at the end.  One more map would be a huge relief.

eXs11 #49 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 15192 battles

I actually really enjoy the mode. Sure, I would love more than one map but even on this same map, all the matches feel different. There are plenty of fantastic games that only have one map. The reticle bug is annoying but ont  he list of crappy things about WoT, it's really down that list. Things I like:

1) the map is bigger and there is a role for every tank type. every tank has a use. some tanks that may not be as great at pubs, are very good in FL

2) biggest thing to me is that you are not penalized if you have crappy teammates. I think what really ruins WoT are the potato teams that make matches not fun. If my team stinks, I can still get good rank and my stats aren't going to get butchered because 90% of the team doesn't know how to use WASD keys. it's low stress gameplay

3) I like that W/L is not as much of a factor. You are penalized HARD in pubs for losing when most of the time, winning ends up being luck of the draw with what teammates you are getting. I can still make credits, get rank and exp in a losing FL match

4) I like that it's more fast-pace. If you hate more fast-pace gameplay, there is always pubs for you but I'm not a big fan of the current pub meta of camping red line next to the other 12 TDs on your team

5) I think the map allows you to play your tanks right to their strengths and work on your fundamentals and improve your gameplay overall. There is no wasting of 10 mins of gameplay in a light tank on Ensk. You really get to practice in each and every match rather than trying to find some place where you don't just get straight up destroyed in the first 30 seconds

6) You can use a variety of tanks- want to grind credits? use premiums... want to train crew? use whatever tank you are training... want to grind stock tanks? well... bust them out!

I personally really like the mode. It's faster paced and less campy. I can bring any tank I want and really play it to its advantage and at the end of the day, I don't get penalized as hard for RNG MM... I would take FL over pubs any day of the week

FastForward7 #50 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 20:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11514 battles

View Post24cups, on Apr 24 2019 - 17:25, said:

Only 52 premiums  ? That's not even close to a lot.  

I guess you didn't read the part where I said "there are currently 470 tanks (including premiums) in the tech tree. So you have, at best, every tank in the game, plus another 52 premiums"

I bolded the relevant parts for you. There are (if I counted correctly) currently 42 premiums in the tech tree. So add that to 52.

That said, considering most premiums cost as much as an entire game, 52 it is a lot, from my perspective. Even if the average premium price were only $20, that's still $1,040 spent on premium tanks.  But hey, you keep on gatekeeping. 

LpBronco #51 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43553 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU
I have 64 tier 8 premiums so your "estimate" is a little on the low side.

Edited by LpBronco, Apr 24 2019 - 21:48.

SteelRonin #52 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23452 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

Is the only mode my Tiger 2 is fun to play so I will still play it.

I have 2 issues with FL:

- The stupid amount of soviet tanks

- Arty strike + Air strike + Arty...

coconut2011 #53 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 23:04

Captain

• Players
  • 61292 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

In my first two episodes, I ground two prestige levels each and really felt the burn and considered quitting FL completely.  However, later on I only had to grind 1 level and found it much more enjoyable.  And I only limited my game play to FL in that week.  FL became quite enjoyable when you are not treating it as a grind.

As for the game play.  I don't use air strike at all.  In fact, all my tanks had recon.  It can be funny that my heavy with recon sometimes get 2-3K spotting by itself.  And all my lights had engineering + arty strike to maximize capping / decapping potential.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #54 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7887 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:47, said:

I really think that the rewards killed frontlines for a lot of people.  It went from a fun different game mode to a chore a for lot of people.  It also forces people to play a mode that they may not enjoy simply because they collect tanks.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Volcanic_lobster_220 #55 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 01:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7887 battles
I've haven't played Frontline cause my PC can barely run it on medium, so i've been needing to upgrade soon to play it cause i really want to Prestige to get the reward tanks- but it sounds like it's a whole lot of grinding.

Brody67 #56 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 08:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12387 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
clown cars for me kinda ruined it, played a few matches were defending clown cars 3 of them would stop your team from advanceing, and when your switched to defending they would just run up and kill the objectives in first 5 mins of match starting

Caketime #57 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

View PostBrody67, on Apr 25 2019 - 08:39, said:

clown cars for me kinda ruined it, played a few matches were defending clown cars 3 of them would stop your team from advanceing, and when your switched to defending they would just run up and kill the objectives in first 5 mins of match starting

If just 3 is enough to ruin your team I think there might be other problems at work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users