"Download speed falling to zero" when installing WOT, yet internet connection is good?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Wraithunter #1 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 3 battles
 Heya all, long time since I've been here on good ol' WOTs. But I have run into a problem on the Wargaming.Net Game Center launcher, to where World of tanks was set to install 3 days ago, normally for me takes about 12-24hr's to install. However this time I have run into a problem which has been making this 24hr install turn into a 3-4 day install. Now the message that pops up where it shows how much GB's is left to install; says "Download speed falling to zero Please check your internet connection." So I do, however when I check my internet connection along with even updating World of Warships to see if it tells me the same thing, my internet connection says its "great" full bars and everything. Even World of Warships took only 2hr's for its update without the message "download speed failing to zero" popping up once.

So right now I am a bit confused with WOT's, since well after the 5 years of having the game on the PC, I've never had this issue before. I am not sure if I should do a full re-install of the game or not. Frankly its a bit annoying to say the least...last night it got around 16% with 6GB's left to install (along with the non-stop message popping up interrupting the download), and in the morn', there's only 4GB's left but it was at 10%. So I am not sure what the Launcher is doing..and I know its not my internet, because like I said, I've tested my internet, even my download speed and those both told me I had a "great" connection. I also tested to see if my other games including WOWS had any slowdown which they didn't, and that hasn't told me once about download speed dropping to 0, it seems its only WOT's for some reason...and not sure why..

Side note: I am not sure if this is considered a "General error" but I didn't really find anywhere else under the support to post this problem, since the other thread was "in-game error reporting" and well this wasn't really an in-game problem. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   WOT Issue.PNG   13.25K

XVM_Camouflage #2 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 22:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37678 battles
I dont like the WG center. I used to never have any problems downloading/updating tanks.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 22:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

This has been happening to a few people. Thought they fixed it....

Make sure WGC is run as admin.

If that doesnt work, go to where the game is installed, and see if there is any .resume files in the root, or updates folders. If there is delete them, and reboot your PC.

Tankman2428 #4 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 3590 battles
  • [70-AR] 70-AR

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:33, said:

This has been happening to a few people. Thought they fixed it....

Make sure WGC is run as admin.

If that doesnt work, go to where the game is installed, and see if there is any .resume files in the root, or updates folders. If there is delete them, and reboot your PC.

Ah, well good to know then I am not the only one then, but I'll try that, I'll run it as admin and see if it speeds up the process. Its at 27% 3 GB's left, but still. Thanks Illusive o7.

Tankman2428 #5 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 3590 battles
  • [70-AR] 70-AR

View PostXVM_Camouflage, on Apr 21 2019 - 16:32, said:

I dont like the WG center. I used to never have any problems downloading/updating tanks.

I like the WG Center for convince, rather then have 2 separate Launchers for both WOT's and WOWS, especially for the PTS's, but still, its kind of annoying that the WOWS only took 2hr's to update, while this is taking a total of 3 days...

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 73172 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP welcome back.  If Illusive's tip doesn't help try running the integrity check.  Not sure if it'll work if you're in the middle of an update, but it's worth a try.

Worse case scenario try this, https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19170/

Good luck.

The_Illusive_Man #7 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Apr 21 2019 - 21:32, said:

OP welcome back.  If Illusive's tip doesn't help try running the integrity check.  Not sure if it'll work if you're in the middle of an update, but it's worth a try.

Worse case scenario try this, https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19170/

Good luck.

I think he is installing the game. So not sure if it will work (most likely wont). 

But yeah, the last ditch thing is to just manually download it (will restart the entire thing though :P).

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 73172 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Btw nice avatar.

Tankman2428 #9 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 03:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 3590 battles
  • [70-AR] 70-AR

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Apr 21 2019 - 19:39, said:

I think he is installing the game. So not sure if it will work (most likely wont). 

But yeah, the last ditch thing is to just manually download it (will restart the entire thing though :P).

Yea its a fresh install, but if I would ever need to do an integrity check, it is the most helpful in that regard. Also it seemed to work running the WG Center as Admin (for now lol). Granted I was dumb 2 years ago, I uninstalled the game mostly because I wasn't playing it much, but I should of just kept it. Would of saved me the trouble. Then again, that was before the WG Center even existed lol. Good thing now is that its at 32% now only 2.47 GB to go, so its actually moving its @$$ lol, but still. And thanks for the warning Illusive about it restarting if I try to manually download it lol. Also thanks for the Welcome back Heavymetal, its always nice to come back to a game and still see it thriving. o7 

Also if ye are talking to me about the avatar thank you again, it was a pain in the @$$ trying to get it to fit lol.

SIDE NOTE: Also if it seems confusing that one says "Wraithhunter' and this is Tankman2428. Tankman2428 is my actual account for World of Tanks. Darlekmaster is my oldest so if ye see that one with the same icon, that's why lol. Wraithhunter is actually my account for World of Warships, I couldn't get on Tankman for some reason, so I could only use WOWS's account lol.

Edited by Tankman2428, Apr 22 2019 - 03:21.

The_Illusive_Man #10 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View PostTankman2428, on Apr 21 2019 - 23:13, said:

Yea its a fresh install, but if I would ever need to do an integrity check, it is the most helpful in that regard. Also it seemed to work running the WG Center as Admin (for now lol). Granted I was dumb 2 years ago, I uninstalled the game mostly because I wasn't playing it much, but I should of just kept it. Would of saved me the trouble. Then again, that was before the WG Center even existed lol. Good thing now is that its at 32% now only 2.47 GB to go, so its actually moving its @$$ lol, but still. And thanks for the warning Illusive about it restarting if I try to manually download it lol. Also thanks for the Welcome back Heavymetal, its always nice to come back to a game and still see it thriving. o7 

Also if ye are talking to me about the avatar thank you again, it was a pain in the @$$ trying to get it to fit lol.

SIDE NOTE: Also if it seems confusing that one says "Wraithhunter' and this is Tankman2428. Tankman2428 is my actual account for World of Tanks. Darlekmaster is my oldest so if ye see that one with the same icon, that's why lol. Wraithhunter is actually my account for World of Warships, I couldn't get on Tankman for some reason, so I could only use WOWS's account lol.

WOWs, WOT, and WOWP all use the same account..... Try to login with this account for WOWS....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users