Coming back to World of Tanks after a 2 years break

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Smelly_Puppy #1 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 8369 battles

2 years ago, maybe 3, I stopped gaming. I stopped playing most of my favorite videogames, including WoT. I recently reinstalled the game and it was an awesome surprise to find those French armored cars. Also 2 new nations like Sweden and Poland. (Can anyone tell me how good or bad those are?).

I was also excited to discover that maps now have a soundtrack. The most awesome one is that belonging to the map called Studzianki (or something like that).

I’m happy that the game has improved so much. There are more surprises I haven’t discovered yet? Or something I should have in mind now?

tod914 #2 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 63046 battles

Test server is up if you want to test them out.

https://worldoftanks...-common-test-2/

Edited by tod914, Apr 22 2019 - 00:56.

madogthefirst #3 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 24065 battles

View PostSmelly_Puppy, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:51, said:

2 years ago, maybe 3, I stopped gaming. I stopped playing most of my favorite videogames, including WoT. I recently reinstalled the game and it was an awesome surprise to find those French armored cars. Also 2 new nations like Sweden and Poland. (Can anyone tell me how good or bad those are?).

I was also excited to discover that maps now have a soundtrack. The most awesome one is that belonging to the map called Studzianki (or something like that).

I’m happy that the game has improved so much. There are more surprises I haven’t discovered yet? Or something I should have in mind now?

• There is a new mode that only appears once a month for a week and so far has been tier 8, Frontline. (FL) Mode ends today for the month.
  • Sweden is going to get an additional med line added next update. As well as buss to their heavies that have great gun depression and strong turrets.
  • The Polish map is a total turd, it makes Paris look good and Paris is far from good.

RHeadshot #4 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3354 battles
Still have a bad company running and hurting what could otherwise be a really good game.

ClydeCooper421 #5 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 14710 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF

View Postmadogthefirst, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:57, said:

• The Polish map is a total turd, it makes Paris look good and Paris is far from good.

This is so accurate l can't believe it's able to be worded out. i hate stud with a passion. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #6 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 25925 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well OP, since you've been away things have been both added and a few things subtracted.

No more T-VI and VIII CWs.

You may have not seen Advances either. https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/strongholds_guide/advances/

Bonds are probably new to you. They're a new currency in game. You can't buy them, you earn them. 

With them you can purchase Improved Equipment. https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-919-improved-equipment-and-directives/

You can also use them soon to purchase tanks.

New maps like Studz and Glacier and Ghost Town

Italian Line is enjoyable especially the last 3 tiers.

Swedes have some interesting TDs and a new line of Mediums in the works. The Mediums will be here very soon.

Poland has some good tanks in the upper tiers.

You've already seen the French wheelies, there will be further wheelies added with other nations coming on sometime in the future according to WG. 

Some maps like Swamp and Kharkov are gone (rumour says Kharkov is returning with changes).

New campaigns since you left.

Frontlines is also new, and has been mentioned in previous posts. Good credits to be had. Unique rewards available for the really determined try hardhttps://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/frontline-episode-1-regulations/

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 22 2019 - 01:18.

MrBeetleBumEntertainment #7 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4 battles

View PostSmelly_Puppy, on Apr 22 2019 - 00:51, said:

welcome back, if I can help you with questions feel free to ask, cheers

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Have a welcome back plus one OP.

Oh... and a song. ;)

Spoiler

MajorRenegade #9 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 02:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30026 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Apr 21 2019 - 18:57, said:

• There is a new mode that only appears once a month for a week and so far has been tier 8, Frontline. (FL) Mode ends today for the month.
  • Sweden is going to get an additional med line added next update. As well as buss to their heavies that have great gun depression and strong turrets.

sorry but I disagree, I rather have any open map over Paris. that including the polish map

Ozium #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 07:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18238 battles

first day back after 5yr's, playing my little guys trying to relearn :)

lots new stuff i see !!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users