• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

RacWisco #21 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72189 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Postflintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 09:02, said:

Fix the wheeled vehicles or another 8 year player is gone.............I have played since 2011 and put a lot of money in WG pockets.......That will end in 11 days, unless you apply REAL PHYSICS to the wheeled vehicles.  NO VEHICLE CAN BE ON SNOW/ICE/MUD/SAND or any other soft terrain and zigzag like they do without losing control.  NO VEHICLE CAN GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS AT THE SAME SPEED USING THE SAME TRANSMISSION.  ALSO 1 DRIVER CANNOT SEE TO GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS IN A SPLIT SECOND............................WG FIX THIS OR LOSE MY BUSINESS AND $$$$$$$. 

This old timer has put a lot of money into this game too and loves the wheeled vehicles. I am going to renew my premium acct today, buy a 252 and buy my toon mate an ELC as a gift. Should make up for them losing you as a precious customer. Sorry you do not like the game any more. I am having more fun in the last two months than I have in years.

FastForward7 #22 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11249 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Apr 22 2019 - 11:49, said:

Server numbers are still hitting above 20k.

You keep that head firmly planted in the sand though.

And the Titanic was firmly above water, even after it hit the iceberg. Until it wasn't. It's not the current number of players that's the issue, it's the fact that that number is sinking.

Vulcan_Spectre #23 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3016 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1

View Postalphadogg64, on Apr 22 2019 - 05:49, said:

You've clearly never heard of the Koenigsegg Regera, pal.

snip

this is WWII cars, not sports cars

RacWisco #24 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72189 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
As I suspected. Plays the majority of his battles in Heavies and arties. https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1001129049-flintt/

Unkempt40k #25 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 16:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3287 battles
  • [0VER] 0VER

Let's see...

They don't miss shots, despite travelling at 80kph over rough terrain, oh and can turn instantly going that fast because of lol physics. 

The have hit point pools that prevent a 150+mm HE shells from being effective.

Rarely "tracked" because their wheels eat shells. 

Vulcan_Spectre #26 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 16:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3016 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 22 2019 - 07:14, said:

flintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 04:02, said:

I have played since 2011 and put a lot of money in WG pockets.......That will end in 11 days, unless you apply REAL PHYSICS to the all of the vehicles.  NO Tank can ram their gun through earth, buildings or other tanks without suffering catastrophic damage tot he gun.  No Tank can use a magical tool kit to magically reseat a track that got blown off, let alone repair the linkages.  No Tank has a magical tool kit that not only can fix those tracks but simultaneously a broken engine, turret ring, and ammo rack.  No Tank suffers damage to itself when parked atop another, smaller, lighter tank.   WG FIX THIS OR LOSE MY BUSINESS AND $$$$$$$. 

fixed your nonsensical rubbish

+1

AnArmyofBun #27 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 17:09

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostUnkempt40k, on Apr 22 2019 - 08:01, said:

Let's see...

They don't miss shots, despite travelling at 80kph over rough terrain, oh and can turn instantly going that fast because of lol physics. 

The have hit point pools that prevent a 150+mm HE shells from being effective.

Rarely "tracked" because their wheels eat shells. 

You're a good player.  Define "effective" when a 150mm HE shell blows off 3/4ths of your HP.  You seem to lack understanding of how the wheels work.  They bleed speed.  If traveling in a straight line with 1-2 wheels damaged, speed is reduced but they coast and bleed speed.  If they turn with 1-2 wheels damaged, they lose a tremendous amount of speed.  If they instant repair their wheels they lose no speed.  If they lose most wheels?  They come to a dead stop.

beowulf999 #28 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 21952 battles
  • [BAKED] BAKED
To all the haters, this is a forum for players to vent and reveal their frustration with game aspects.  It is a place for people to give game FEEDBACK which any company needs to hear.  If any company gets no negative feedback, then nothing changes.  It might not anyway, but us complainers should be telling the company where there are things wrong with their game.  If you don't agree with the OP that's fine, but don't rebut with nonsense statements about throwing chairs.  You like wheeled vehicles, fine, so rebut the arguments of the OP.  I agree with them, and think that they have unbalanced a pretty good arcade game that I too have put a lot of money in to.  In another thread I suggested that WG give players the option to opt out of games with wheeled vehicles, then they could run around and shoot each other if they have so much fun doing that.  In that way WG could also gather some valuable market research (which they don't seemed to have done prior to their introduction) and see how most people feel about them.  For other haters, include arty as something you can opt out of too.

the_Deadly_Bulb #29 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 26503 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postflintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 01:02, said:

Fix the wheeled vehicles or another 8 year player is gone.............I have played since 2011 and put a lot of money in WG pockets.......That will end in 11 days, unless you apply REAL PHYSICS to the wheeled vehicles.  NO VEHICLE CAN BE ON SNOW/ICE/MUD/SAND or any other soft terrain and zigzag like they do without losing control.  NO VEHICLE CAN GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS AT THE SAME SPEED USING THE SAME TRANSMISSION.  ALSO 1 DRIVER CANNOT SEE TO GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS IN A SPLIT SECOND............................WG FIX THIS OR LOSE MY BUSINESS AND $$$$$$$. 

WOW I'll just bet WG is really freaked out now!

/s

Armadaus_Baldwin #30 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 23:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35694 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postflintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 09:02, said:

Bye.  You won't be missed.

commander42 #31 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 26555 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
they are terrible for the game but not because of realism reasons.

They are terrible for the game because they are OP and are harmful/annoying to gameplay.  It was one of WG's biggest blunders to add them to the game.

AnArmyofBun #32 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postcommander42, on Apr 22 2019 - 17:32, said:

they are terrible for the game but not because of realism reasons.

They are terrible for the game because they are OP and are harmful/annoying to gameplay.  It was one of WG's biggest blunders to add them to the game.

The Japanese Heavy line, FV4005 and 183, WT Auf E-100 Waffentrager, tier 10 artillery, and the Object 430u and 268-4 would like a word with you. 

commander42 #33 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 26555 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 21:12, said:

The Japanese Heavy line, FV4005 and 183, WT Auf E-100 Waffentrager, tier 10 artillery, and the Object 430u and 268-4 would like a word with you.

I said ONE of the biggest, i didn't say the biggest.

Although I would still put it as a worse blunder than a few of those; for example the WTe100 was only one tank, granted it was very broken.  Thankfully it was removed. The Japanese heavy line wasn't as a whole detrimental to the game, some of the tanks were very poorly balanced(the tier 5 and 6 were crazy OP, the tier9 and tier10 were UP) though.  Similar situation with the 430u, very OP(not a broken playstyle, so nerfs could bring it in line) but only effects tier10. The FV tds are harmful to gameplay but only at tier10. 

Wheeled vehicles infect every tier from 6-10.  Especially tier8.

F1O1 #34 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 05:22

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 22 2019 - 16:09, said:

You're a good player.  Define "effective" when a 150mm HE shell blows off 3/4ths of your HP.  You seem to lack understanding of how the wheels work.  They bleed speed.  If traveling in a straight line with 1-2 wheels damaged, speed is reduced but they coast and bleed speed.  If they turn with 1-2 wheels damaged, they lose a tremendous amount of speed.  If they instant repair their wheels they lose no speed.  If they lose most wheels?  They come to a dead stop.

lt is not enough, the current wheel wobble effect produced when struck by incoming fire is childish. Not enough.

Excuse my childish tiny armoured car diagram. l made it is 3 minutes.

So, besides the AMD17, armoured cars have 6 or 8 wheels. The front and rear wheels, when struck center where tires meet axle and hull, the joint should produce track effect and immobilization. The same thing goes with tank roller wheels. The center of the tire should follow through to the vehicle hull, with an axle that is a vehicle hit-point hit-box. The picture describes the meaning above.

Posted Image

Front and rear wheels, can be struck for track effect. Shooting the tires, but below the vehicle outlined hull, and not the wheel center just produces the current wobble effect. This is no different than tank track hits causing zero damage crit, the track is hit but shell dips low and misses the vehicular body. Shooting the tire center, hits an axle, causing HP damage.  (middle set of tires)  Shooting the front and rear wheels in the center, cause HP damage and track the vehicle.

ThePigSheFlies #35 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 70666 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postcommander42, on Apr 22 2019 - 21:35, said:

The Japanese heavy line wasn't as a whole detrimental to the game, some of the tanks were very poorly balanced(the tier 5 and 6 were crazy OP, the tier9 and tier10 were UP) though.  Similar situation with the 430u, very OP(not a broken playstyle, so nerfs could bring it in line) but only effects tier10. The FV tds are harmful to gameplay but only at tier10. 

any tier 10 means it's impacting tiers 8-10.  meaning it's only ignoring tier 6 and 7 in your list.  as for the japanese heavies.  cancerously high alpha is a game play problem at any tier, and yes, the entire japanese heavy line impacted game balance from tier 5-10.  yes, some were less meangingful of an impact because some of the platforms sucked (large frontal turrets limiting gun depression for example) but there's a reason they're finally redoing the japanese heavy hurrdurr HE blast on common test right now...

ThePigSheFlies #36 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 70666 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostF1O1, on Apr 22 2019 - 23:22, said:

lt is not enough, the current wheel wobble effect produced when struck by incoming fire is childish. Not enough.

Excuse my childish tiny armoured car diagram. l made it is 3 minutes.

So, besides the AMD17, armoured cars have 6 or 8 wheels. The front and rear wheels, when struck center where tires meet axle and hull, the joint should produce track effect and immobilization. The same thing goes with tank roller wheels. The center of the tire should follow through to the vehicle hull, with an axle that is a vehicle hit-point hit-box. The picture describes the meaning above.

Posted Image

Front and rear wheels, can be struck for track effect. Shooting the tires, but below the vehicle outlined hull, and not the wheel center just produces the current wobble effect. This is no different than tank track hits causing zero damage crit, the track is hit but shell dips low and misses the vehicular body. Shooting the tire center, hits an axle, causing HP damage.  (middle set of tires)  Shooting the front and rear wheels in the center, cause HP damage and track the vehicle.

if you're going to immobilize the wheeled vehicles on a hit as proposed, then give them competitive anti-tank weapons, with even better gun handling and give them the correct, corresponding penetration values AND give them realistic view ranges.

on most of the crappy, funnel, tiny maps they aren't relevant.  everyone is crying over them because Frontline allows them to use realistically their only strong asset - flexibility.  The random maps where they can do the same are limited

buckschott #37 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16779 battles

The only issue I have with the clown cars is the autoaim assist (which is a bannable mod if you put it on any other tank) because it gives an unfair advantage, especially over other light tanks

Get rid of that or give it to other vehicles and I'll be content

F1O1 #38 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:15

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:40, said:

if you're going to immobilize the wheeled vehicles on a hit as proposed, then give them competitive anti-tank weapons, with even better gun handling and give them the correct, corresponding penetration values AND give them realistic view ranges.

on most of the crappy, funnel, tiny maps they aren't relevant.  everyone is crying over them because Frontline allows them to use realistically their only strong asset - flexibility.  The random maps where they can do the same are limited

l have no problem giving them a proper gun. Although a proper gun is hard to definie, as LT themselves don't really have proper guns. Compared to medium tanks, or a heavy tank like FCM50T / T26E5.  For instance, let us look at the parts of the line that truly matter. Lynx does fire a bit slow compared to HK12, but has more DPM than either Even 90 or Bat Chat 12T.  The gun penetration seems to mimic HK12 and WZ132, l think it is alright. However, Lynx needs a stock gun 75mm DPM buff, more than the premium EBR75 because no autoloader. Somewhere in-between 1950-2050 as an option for people who want pew-pew not alpha.  EBR90 is where firepower starts to trail off inexplicably. There is virtually no firepower change from Lynx to EBR75, laughably.  EBR90 needs +100 DPM, 200 AP pen, 250 HEAT placing it more akin to tier 9 light tanks. The trend continues with EBR105, bad firepower. l have no idea why people despise Lynx so much, probably because of speed and wheel angle drastically being less than EBR75, when Lynx has way better firepower by tier than 90  &  105. Anyway, EBR105  +100 DPM, 220 AP pen, 270 HEAT. l have no problems giving ACs more sensible light tank armament comparable to peers.

However, armoured cars need balance. They need to follow game rules. Game rules, have been setup prior to, by developers as limits. ACs exceed these limits, with too little testing. Supertesters are clearly unsuitable, maybe adequate for a phase 1, but we need more thorough and sized population of all skill levels to be involved in testing. Like Sandbox. 

--- Armoured cars can keep their auto-aim assist, but other classes excluding artillery, are allowed to auto-aim assist them in return only. ACs can auto-lock everything, tanks and TD can only auto-lock ACs. 

--- Tracking. As outlined in prior post. Much like tank treads, if you shoot too low your shot passes through, underneath the belly hitbox of a tank. Producing a zero damage crit hit. l get that. Tires can have the same, if you shoot low,  lower half of the tires, 0 damage crit and just the wobbling effect.  However, like other classes, front and back road idlers pass into the hull in most cases, and produces tracking. And in many cases except unsualy things like Churchill or ridiculously armoured things like Maus, you deal damage and track too. Same for ACs, hit the hubcaps tire-center, of the first set and last set axles of tires, and damage + track.

--- They can keep their high pen HE, as their firepower is still tad low-side. Their HE gives them a gimmick. 

--- Gun dispersion stats are too good. Terrain resistances are too good. These need nerfing.  They can keep the light tank bonus of camo on the move, since they are supposed to be reconnaissance vehicles by trade, and heck l would be down with allowing them to equip binoculars. However, ACs have terrible off-road performance, they need a terrain resistance slashing definitely. They are made basically into hovertanks. 

--- Tier 9 and 10 EBR need +10m view range added on.

--- EBR75 needs a gun depression nerf to -6. 

--- Cap their reverse speeds to 58. 58 is heavenly enough, they don't need anymore. All EBRs  (75-105) need -10km/hr top speed reduction in turbo mode. 

AnArmyofBun #39 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postcommander42, on Apr 22 2019 - 19:35, said:

I said ONE of the biggest, i didn't say the biggest.

Although I would still put it as a worse blunder than a few of those; for example the WTe100 was only one tank, granted it was very broken.  Thankfully it was removed. The Japanese heavy line wasn't as a whole detrimental to the game, some of the tanks were very poorly balanced(the tier 5 and 6 were crazy OP, the tier9 and tier10 were UP) though.  Similar situation with the 430u, very OP(not a broken playstyle, so nerfs could bring it in line) but only effects tier10. The FV tds are harmful to gameplay but only at tier10. 

Yes it was.  I've played it.  It is incredibly harmful.  Let me tell you how many times I sat there and said "Aw he's sidescraping..I'm sorry."  *click.  300+ damage*.  Then I pull in and guess what I'm immune.  Every single Japanese heavy tank as soon as they get a derp gun is cancerous.  Especially at lower tiers where you straight up one shot people.  Hell.  Until I sold my type 4 I was still one shotting people.

Hanzle #40 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42088 battles
How to wreck the integrity of the game with one move.  Lets bring wheeled vehicles into the game so they can raise havoc, have unfair shooting advantage, and make all prior tanks - light, tds, arty, etc. take note of the wheeled vehicles and hide.  World of Tanks management never ceases to amaze me with their stupidity.  Absolutely amazing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users