• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Trauglodyte #41 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 21765 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postflintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 10:02, said:

Fix the wheeled vehicles or another 8 year player is gone.............I have played since 2011 and put a lot of money in WG pockets.......That will end in 11 days, unless you apply REAL PHYSICS to the wheeled vehicles.  NO VEHICLE CAN BE ON SNOW/ICE/MUD/SAND or any other soft terrain and zigzag like they do without losing control.  NO VEHICLE CAN GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS AT THE SAME SPEED USING THE SAME TRANSMISSION.  ALSO 1 DRIVER CANNOT SEE TO GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS IN A SPLIT SECOND............................WG FIX THIS OR LOSE MY BUSINESS AND $$$$$$$. 

So, a mediocre player, whose stats are being carried by 2k games in the MT-24 and 1400 games in the Grille, is complaining about something because they've yet to figure out how to aim, after almost 29 thousand games?

Not for nothing, Armored Cars need to get adjusted.  It is coming - be patient.  But, if you're going to come to the board and rant and rave about something, have the common decency and adult composer to, I don't know, write in normal grammar befitting someone above the age of 5 and maybe, JUST MAYBE, offer a specific area of what is bothering you with a proposed solution, based upon some level of empirical evidence.  Seriously, what sort of moron drivel did you just write?  You're complaining about Armored Cars while completely ignoring the fact that tracked vehicles, which is what the entire game has been based upon since release, do the same thing.  Do you REALLY think that a 100 ton vehicle can stop on a dime and reverse, without some semblance of issues to the engine/transmission?  Do you really think that I could be a 200 mm shell, directly on target, and the tank continues to work?  At what point in history have we developed the technology to bring crew members back, from the dead, or instantly repair a component with a flick of the wrist?

Complain, if you must.  But, be a freaking adult.  Until then, get over yourself.

fire_raven #42 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:02

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles
Toss out auto-aim. make them choose between going fast or hitting something with any accuracy. Personally, think they should remove all auto-aim but that will never happen

FastForward7 #43 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11525 battles

View Postfire_raven, on Apr 24 2019 - 02:02, said:

Toss out auto-aim. make them choose between going fast or hitting something with any accuracy. Personally, think they should remove all auto-aim but that will never happen

I think this is a pretty fair solution. Wheelie auto-aim seems to be absurdly accurate, which is too much of an advantage coupled with that speed. This would be a good middle ground. 

spud_tuber #44 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:10

Major

• Players
  • 57132 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 06:40, said:

if you're going to immobilize the wheeled vehicles on a hit as proposed, then give them competitive anti-tank weapons, with even better gun handling and give them the correct, corresponding penetration values AND give them realistic view ranges.

on most of the crappy, funnel, tiny maps they aren't relevant.  everyone is crying over them because Frontline allows them to use realistically their only strong asset - flexibility.  The random maps where they can do the same are limited

They already have amazing on the move gun handling... that's part of the issue with them, especially when combined with their mobility.   The 105's bloom on hull and turret is less than half of other LTs except the T-100, its final accuracy is better than everything but the RHM(and much better than the T-100), and the aim time is notable better than the other LTs.  DPM and pen are notably worse, though.

Basically, 2 things make the wheelies(read, the EBRs from T7-10, lynx not so much) OP.  Mobility and gun performance.

Mobility includes acceleration, turning, forward/reverse speed, difficulty in significantly degrading mobility (quickly enough, even if it brings them to an eventual crawl, it needs to do so before they can just coast several seconds into cover) when hit in the tires, and the generous physics applied to them, which allows them to take turns and do jumps that would result in flips and rolls for other LTs.

The amazing OTM gun handling means they can apply that limited pen(or high pen HE) much more consistently via their mobility, which allows them to regularly dominate circle fights agaisnt other LTs and some mediums, as well as flank better than most LTs and mediums. 

Small nerfs in one or both areas are called for to bring them more in line.

SporkBoy #45 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 45934 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
I can flip a Type 5 but not a wheelie car. Talent!

GeoMonster #46 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34864 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View Postflintt, on Apr 22 2019 - 03:02, said:

Fix the wheeled vehicles or another 8 year player is gone.............I have played since 2011 and put a lot of money in WG pockets.......That will end in 11 days, unless you apply REAL PHYSICS to the wheeled vehicles.  NO VEHICLE CAN BE ON SNOW/ICE/MUD/SAND or any other soft terrain and zigzag like they do without losing control.  NO VEHICLE CAN GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS AT THE SAME SPEED USING THE SAME TRANSMISSION.  ALSO 1 DRIVER CANNOT SEE TO GO FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS IN A SPLIT SECOND............................WG FIX THIS OR LOSE MY BUSINESS AND $$$$$$$. 

WG succeeded!  For years the major complaint has been ARTY.  No more!!!  ARTY is now on the back burner.  There is a new king on the block -- CLOWN CARS!

I'll take SPGs over Clown Cars any day of the week in Tier 8 or higher.  While I won't uninstall, I definitely have been playing less and will not spend another $$$ on the game.  Voting with your wallet is the only way WG will listen ... unfortunately when they see a decline in player revenue they put OP tanks on sale to make up for it.

GeoMonster #47 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34864 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostGonnaBBQU, on Apr 22 2019 - 04:16, said:

Nobody really cares...buh bye...

OP has 14 up votes to your 2 up votes.  Guess more people do care for the OPs position as opposed to yours.

commander42 #48 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 26683 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 07:38, said:

any tier 10 means it's impacting tiers 8-10.  meaning it's only ignoring tier 6 and 7 in your list.  as for the japanese heavies.  cancerously high alpha is a game play problem at any tier, and yes, the entire japanese heavy line impacted game balance from tier 5-10.  yes, some were less meangingful of an impact because some of the platforms sucked (large frontal turrets limiting gun depression for example) but there's a reason they're finally redoing the japanese heavy hurrdurr HE blast on common test right now...

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:50, said:

Yes it was.  I've played it.  It is incredibly harmful.  Let me tell you how many times I sat there and said "Aw he's sidescraping..I'm sorry."  *click.  300+ damage*.  Then I pull in and guess what I'm immune.  Every single Japanese heavy tank as soon as they get a derp gun is cancerous.  Especially at lower tiers where you straight up one shot people.  Hell.  Until I sold my type 4 I was still one shotting people.

completely agree on the alpha being cancerous for the game. But they didn't get those massive derps when first added to the game.  Adding the derps to the high tiers was a separate(and larger) mistake.  I forget how long between the addition of the line the addition of the derps but I consider those two different additions.

mbrolin #49 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 13:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33335 battles

View Postcommander42, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:56, said:

completely agree on the alpha being cancerous for the game. But they didn't get those massive derps when first added to the game.  Adding the derps to the high tiers was a separate(and larger) mistake.  I forget how long between the addition of the line the addition of the derps but I consider those two different additions.

I have to disagree. KV2 is, and has always been a blast to play. Why shouldn't you have such fun in the higher tiers? Their is no such thing as being in a perfect position you can't be hurt. 

Zombie_Snuggles #50 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26453 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

I didn't like them at first because I didn't like being spotted before I could clear the spawn area, and they are hard to hit. I decided to start playing them and I must say they are very fun, so my advice would be to play them and enjoy the play style.

Don't nerf them please!

Zombie_Snuggles #51 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26453 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View PostGeoMonster, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:29, said:

OP has 14 up votes to your 2 up votes.  Guess more people do care for the OPs position as opposed to yours.

It doesn't work that way. I we could down vote, would tell it true.

Edited by Zombie_Snuggles, Apr 24 2019 - 14:14.

mbrolin #52 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 14:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33335 battles

View PostZombie_Snuggles, on Apr 24 2019 - 13:07, said:

I didn't like them at first because I didn't like being spotted before I could clear the spawn area, and they are hard to hit. I decided to start playing them and I must say they are very fun, so my advice would be to play them and enjoy the play style.

Don't nerf them please!

Yes they do. FL is totally broken because of them.

Zombie_Snuggles #53 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26453 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 24 2019 - 14:36, said:

Yes they do. FL is totally broken because of them.

I disagree. 

mbrolin #54 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33335 battles

View PostZombie_Snuggles, on Apr 24 2019 - 14:55, said:

I disagree. 

Okay. But what matters is sum of of the players. And I believe the sum of the player base thinks these things have been implemented very poorly. And WG has the final save. You can never predict what they do. 

Zombie_Snuggles #55 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26453 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:05, said:

Okay. But what matters is sum of of the players. And I believe the sum of the player base thinks these things have been implemented very poorly. And WG has the final save. You can never predict what they do. 

Agreed. My vote is for them. Every time there is a arty poll pro arty wins. I think those same players vote against the wheelie bois. I never got a Dumtris medal in all my games but have 2 in my limited wheelie play.

not sure if I spelled that medal right but it’s the one you get for killing 3 arty in a battle.

RacWisco #56 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72917 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
If they don't reduce the HP of heavies and take away the Romulan Cloaking Device of Skorpions I am quitting the game and not spending any more money on it. Actually I am staying, love the wheeled tanks, just bought a months premium and a Defender, love imagining the squeals of Scorp spam when I screw up the favorite bush they go to in EVERY game. Love imagining the squeals of heavy players caught in the open as I circle strafe them. And I am having a blast in FL, playing every class except TDS, and playing a combination of Premium and Tech tree tanks. I personally think invisible TDs are the worst thing that ever happened to this games besides the disaster of forcing people too play 2 tiers down but oh well. Everyone has things they don't like.

mbrolin #57 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33335 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:48, said:

If they don't reduce the HP of heavies and take away the Romulan Cloaking Device of Skorpions I am quitting the game and not spending any more money on it. Actually I am staying, love the wheeled tanks, just bought a months premium and a Defender, love imagining the squeals of Scorp spam when I screw up the favorite bush they go to in EVERY game. Love imagining the squeals of heavy players caught in the open as I circle strafe them. And I am having a blast in FL, playing every class except TDS, and playing a combination of Premium and Tech tree tanks. I personally think invisible TDs are the worst thing that ever happened to this games besides the disaster of forcing people too play 2 tiers down but oh well. Everyone has things they don't like.

Are you sure it's about the Skorpion? It has horrible camo versus it peers. The only ones close to that are the Sweedish TDs.  

RacWisco #58 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72917 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:03, said:

Are you sure it's about the Skorpion? It has horrible camo versus it peers. The only ones close to that are the Sweedish TDs.  

It was my attempt at being facetious. They sure seem to be able to take shots repeatedly without being seen. Most people then do the opposite of what they should do and stop and cower behind a rock instead of using the reload time to move forward and expose them, But many players are very timid.

headstash #59 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 32409 battles
  • [419] 419
i've been shooting these little pain the asses with my TD's.  bounce, bounce, bounce, crit!   oh yay!  a crit.... wheeled vehicle just keeps trucking along like nothing happened..  wth

mbrolin #60 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33335 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:15, said:

It was my attempt at being facetious. They sure seem to be able to take shots repeatedly without being seen. Most people then do the opposite of what they should do and stop and cower behind a rock instead of using the reload time to move forward and expose them, But many players are very timid.

To be fair to those timid people, TDs tend to be herd animals, so there usually more then one of them around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users